main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[ROTS] *Official* ROTS Favorite Scenes Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    - Artoo kicking battledroid ass. W00t Artoo!
    - Mace's shock when Anakin betrayed him.
    - "He's the father, isn't he?"
    - During the battle, Obi-Wan warning Anakin not to do what he was about to do and Anakin's sheer arrogance in thinking he could do it. Makes me wonder if he could have beaten Anakin all along, but was only then convinced that Anakin was irredeemable.
    - Obi-Wan's tortured accusations toward Anakin at the end. "You were the Chosen One! You were supposed to bring balance to destroy the Sith, not join them! You were like a brother to me! I loved you!" So painful, you can only think how strong Obi-Wan had to be in order to disfigure and kill (he thought) someone he loved so much.
    - The first scene between Anakin and Padme. I was first dreading the dialogue, but it was actually good and very convincing. (But how did he not notice she was about ready to pop? :p)
    - Yoda just crumpling the Imperial Gaurds with barely a thought.

"Good relations with Wookies have I." Half the theatre laughed at that where I was, too. :p

Though I doubt Palpatine had any love for Anakin, (he's so obviously evil through and through), there was a type of loyalty there.

Personally I don't think it was loyalty, but rather the fact that he knew only Anakin could makes his plans come to fruition. Only Anakin had the power and the position. Also, only Anakin had the ability to destroy him, which he surely knew, meaning he had to play his game very carefully.

2. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I really couldn't get into the movie as the audience really dampered the experience. See my post in the "Anyone Have Theater Problems" thread to read my horror story.
    Also, it was the weak German dubbing saw this movie with- can't wait to see it combined with the emotional original dubbing very soon.

Anyway, here are some of my favourites:

-Obi Wan, Anakin, R2-D2, Droids humor

-Headless Magna Guard keeping fighting Obi Wan

- Anakin secretly meeting Padmé behind a column

-Anything with General Grievous- nifty character, he's a classic!

-Obi Wan and his adventures on Utapau (Boga riding, Tion's we are being watched, the chase for Grievous, Nute's "Safe?", pre-dueling, fighting Grievous, Obi Wan's escape, Clones trying to kill him, Commander Cody finding the Lightsaber)

-Anakin and the adorable Jedi Younglings in the council room

-Jett Zukassa (GL's son) fighting the Clone Troopers on the Temple's landing platform

-Yoda and his friendship with the Wookies

-Yoda and Palpatine facing off with wit and fighting skills.

-Yoda escaping through a pipe and escaping in Bail's Speeder

- Palpatine's getting disfigured and Mace flying out of the window

- Padmé seeing Anakin run towards her when she lands on Mustafar

- Anakin Force Choking poor Padmé and Anakin losing the duel

- seeing Jar Jar

- Vader ruining the interior of the medical laboratory using the Force- powerful

- Hearing from an old friend- Qui-Gon Jinn!

- The Jedi Purge

- Commander Cody

- Tion Meddon

3. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    - The theater scene. Brilliant. Listening to Palpatine talk about his master in that offhanded way made chills shoot down my spine. And to have killed him in his sleep? How very, very.......... dishonorable. Not that I should have expected Palps ever to have done anything honorable, I suppose.

- "I HATE YOU!" "But I loved you." I totally knew that response was coming, but it was still tear-jerking to hear those words. :(

4. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Too many to list, but I'll list the three that really stick with me right now:

- Order 66. We may not know much about Ki-Adi-Mundi, we may not care bout him at any other point, but when he turns with a look of shock on his own soldiers shooting at him - that's just chilling. And Aayla's, with them pumping shots even after she falls. And just the whole idea that they've had this implanted order in them all along, just waiting to be activated. Makes the Kamino scenes in AOTC positively creepy.

- The entire scene on the Mustafar landing platform. Too much to describe, but it's an extraordinary scene, and to compare it with Anakin and Obi-Wan's earlier interactions, incredibly emotional. And that choke - I unfortunately had been spoiled about it, but it was still extremely shocking. He hurts her in his attempt to save her - that's a very well-done twist in the story, and it feels natural. He has all this misplaced anger, and he lashes out at the one person who is trying to save him.

- More like a shot: when the mask descends on Vader. You see light through the eyes, then they close and are replaced by red screens. "Let me look at you with my own eyes" certainly takes on a new meaning with that. And then it descends right over the camera, and you realized how trapped Vader is, and what his life has become. Like I said in the initial reactions thread, I won't look at Vader the same way again.

Then there's just about every Palpatine scene, because Ian McDiarmid is one of the coolest guys ever.

5. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    - The Space battle in the beginning when we get to see how close Anakin and Obi-Wan are. It just made it all so much more tragic.

- Anakin and the younglings. I was so shocked! I didn't think they would show the children being murdered.

- The scene with Obi-Wan and Padmé. I couldn't hold back my tears.

- When Obi-Wan watches that surveillance thing and sees Anakin kneeling infront of Palps. His reaction was heart-wrenching.

- The duel of course, especially Anakin's "I hate you!" and Obi-Wan's "I loved you!" It just broke my heart.

- Padmé's death and Darth Vader's birth.

And a lot more that I can't think of right now.

6. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    "I HATE YOU!" "But I loved you." I totally knew that response was coming, but it was still tear-jerking to hear those words.

Instantly became a top 3 Star Wars moment for me.

Such a brilliant scene, just.....utter brilliance.

Too many scenes too name, but this scene is just perfect.

- O_F

7. joehahn000

joehahn000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    R2D2 VS. The other driods.

The look on Dooku's face when he is betrayed!

Mace Windu vs. Anikan Vs. Palpitine! AWSOME!

Palpatine executing order 66 and the betrayed Jedi and Yoda

Palpatine announcing the new Empire and then the quote "So this is how democracy falls, with thundriouis appalause."

Palpatine vs. Yoda

When Yoda enters the room and slams the two Royal guards into the wall.

When Vader Gets up, Recreated, ad breathes once. :cool:

"I hate you!"
    "I loved you! YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO DESTROY THE SITH! NOT JOIN THEM!"

Wow. The movie. IT was so great!

/,,/
    Rock on!

8. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    "I HATE YOU!" - An awesome line from an awesome scene.

Yoda throwing the Royal guards against the wall - :D

"Use my knowledge, I'm begging you." - What an awesome parallel to the serpent at the Tree of Knowledge in the Garden of Eden. Again.. :D

9. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Yoda showed why Yo-Da Man:

-When Yoda beheaded the two fatuiged clone troopers, this was followe by a cheer when Chewie gave Yoda a piggy back ride. I guess we now know why Chewie was eager to help a Jedi.

-The crowd roared when Yoda speared chucked his lightsaber into the clone trooper outside the Temple, than ran up and pulled it out of him

-When Yoda enters the room and slams the two Royal guards into the wall.

10. beedubew

beedubew Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    Favorite scene:

Emotional scene is no doubt the scene with Obi-wan and Padme. I think the scene between Anakin and Obi-wan after the duel is a close second "You were like a brother. I loved you." But when Obi-wan walks away, stops and turns around and says, "He's the father, isn't he? I'm so sorry for you." Best delivered lines in the PT.

Implied scene is the death of the Younglings. While I was one that thought the PG-13 rating was a result of actually seeing Anakin kill the Younglings, I think this actually worked better. The implication was enough, we don't need to see him slaughter children. I loved the brave Youngling who came for advice. Almost as much as the scene where Organa witnesses the older Youngling fight on the landing pad. That was tough to watch.

11. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I agree on the Obi-Wan line...it was so emotional and mind-twisting. So cruel to Padme.

12. beedubew

Jun 25, 2002
    While cruel to Padme, it was meant to be either eye opening so she would tell him where Anakin was or doubt inducing to make her go see Anakin letting him hitch a ride.

Storm, I don't think you were implying that Obi-wan was wrong for saying it, but I think he had motives other than spite.

13. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    I think there were so many reasons for him to say that line, we'll be analyzing it for years! It was perfect. Just one more cruel piece in a cruel film.

14. Shmi02

Shmi02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    Palpatine and Anakin discussing the dark side in the theater-- how incredible-- I couldn't move during that whole time I was so engrossed in it.

Yoda slamming the Royal Guards to the ground-- awesome. His body language saying "I don't have time for this nonsense!"

A scene that surprised me was when they were working on "healing" Anakin/Vader-- I guess I never thought about how painful it would be and since they are all part of the dark side they wouldn't make it a "pleasant" experience for him with anesthesia or something. Truly frightening!

15. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    His body language saying "I don't have time for this nonsense!"

You mean, "Have time for this nonsense, I do not!" :p

I loved the battles on Kashyyk, I wish we could have seen a little more of it.

16. Child_of_the_Sith

Child_of_the_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 27, 2005
    -The scene where Artoo kicks droid butt.
    -The scene where Padme tells Anakin she's pregnant.
    -The scene where Yoda slams the two red guards against the walls.
    -Anakin and Obi-Wan's fight scene.
    -Greivious head blowing up.
    -Mace Windu's death :(
    -The killing of the younglings.
    -The birth of the twins.
    -The killing of the Jedi :(
    -Dooku's death.
    -Anakin's transformation into Vader.
    -Yoda climbing on Chewbacca's back.
    -And of course, "I HATE YOU!" "But I loved you. You were the Chosen One!"

This movie was awesome!! Definitely worth waiting four hours in line for ;)

17. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    The theater scene was the Dark Side equivalent of Yoda and Luke in the swamp. Interesting how the Light Side lesson is taught in the dirtiest of places in TESB, and the Dark Side lesson comes at the classiest and most exclusive of locations in ROTS.

18. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    God there really are so many.

-Padme begging Anakin to run away with her and help her raise the twins. Then that amazing cut to Obi-Wan standing in the ship and you know it's too late. Gut wrenching.

-"I hate you... I loved you"

-Order 66. I didn't expect the scenes of Jedi getting shot to be emotional but it was, and very much so. The music, the sense that this was happening on a hundred different worlds at once.

-The opera... perfection.

-The final shot. Simple and Brilliant. The sun sets on the Republic as the suns set on a farm we'll see 15 years later.

19. beedubew

Jun 25, 2002
    Storm, I like that dirty vs. classy being the opposite of dark vs. light. Good catch, very ironic.

20. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    I really loved it all but favorites would be:

I loved Anakin and Obi-wans relationship at the beginning it was great the opening space battle was awesome

Anakin and Padme pondering the future at the same time

When padme and Anakin reunite and she announces she's pregnant

Grievous. I loved the four sabers!

The younglings, that broke my heart!

Padme confronts Anakin, and force choke :(

birth of twins and Vader and Padme's death and funeral.

21. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    I think the saddest and most beautiful moment must have been the sunset shared across Coruscant by Anakin and Padme. Looking across the miles at each other. That was truly the moment of Anakin's fall. At that moment he gave himself to the Dark Side, and made his choice to do anything to save Padme. The music was so haunting, their looks so heartfelt.

Another of the 'greatest moments ever in Star War' that were found in this movie.

For all of the crap that Star Wars takes for its portrayal of romance...that was one of the most magical romantic moments I can think of in a movie. Period. Forget about Star Wars, show me a movie moment that longing and that heartbreaking and tragic.

22. Aiwendil

Aiwendil Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2002
    - The opening shot

- The little exchange regarding politicians between Anakin and Obi-Wan when they return.

- Anakin's discovery that Palpatine is Sidious

- The end of the Obi-Wan/Anakin duel

- Padme's funeral procession

- Vader joins Palpatine on the bridge

23. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
    Right now, the one that's staying with me is the silent scene where Anakin is in the Jedi temple alone while Mace goes for Palpatine. Mirrored with Padmé alone in the apartment.

So powerful.

24. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    oh yeah, I forgot... I LOVED Anakin's shirtless scene =P~

25. joehahn000

joehahn000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    I also liked the ending where they said the Qui-Gon could cheat death. That was cool but I thoguht they were going to bring Qui-Gon back :(

/,,/
    Rock on!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.