[ROTS] *Official* ROTS Favorite Scenes Thread

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost

star 4
    Some more detailed reasons for some Grievous scenes:
    His escape scene- from walking around on the ship's surface in space to the moment he is sitting in his escape pod.

On Utapau:
    Seeing him take his cape off- another of so many homages to classic cinema in SW. Him walking like a spider.
    His final moment- and seeing him lying around like a skelleton as Obi Wan is stealing his Starfighter.

I also enjoyed his coughing.

The Invisible Hand scenes clearly were the funnest and most innocent ones in this movie- action scene wise. Classic Flash Gordon like adventures like in TPM, AOTC and IV.
  2. spaceace27 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Not to beat a dead horse, but Anakin's evil really and truly hit me when the Youngling came out in the Temple. If it had happened on screen, I most certainly would have been in tears. And the rating would be a lot higher than it is.
  3. KennethMorgan Jedi Master

star 2
    spaceace27 wrote:
    "Not to beat a dead horse, but Anakin's evil really and truly hit me when the Youngling came out in the Temple. If it had happened on screen, I most certainly would have been in tears. And the rating would be a lot higher than it is."

If they'd shown that sequence in full, rather than cut away, I probably would've walked out of the theater. It would've been utterly gratuitous, and lacked the power of the scene as it was ultimately presented.

Oh, by the way, is it just me or did Kenobi's fighting style change a bit for ROTS? I mean, the stance he goes into just before he duels Grevious. Reminds me of "Highlander".

4. spaceace27 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I don't mean that they should have, I think the way they handled it was very tasteful. But I will need to see the film again, just because it's such a heavy offering, like how it took me a while to really appreciate TESB.
  5. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Force Ghost

star 5
    I quite enjoyed the duel as well as Yoda vs. Palps
  6. RurouniKJS Jedi Knight

star 2
    I have a LOT. It's like all the good parts of TPM/AOTC combined into one movie, and more of it. Let me reduce it to the shots that really struck me:

The doomed Padawan who gets a few in.
    Yoda not letting Palpatine run. BADASS!
    The shattering window in the Mace/Palp duel.
    Vader Force-choking wifey.
    Obi and Ani clearing the elevator of battle droids like it was nothing.
    Obi's unusual stance vs. Grevious's guards. (I'd seen stills of the shot, but it was much cooler in motion and context.)
    Yoda taking out the clonetroopers. And the royal guards. BADA--well, you know. :)
  7. Cow_Girl Chapter Rep Niagara ON, CA

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I loved watching Palps at Mace duel, I was really paying close attention to Maces style and after every movie he had his left arm out his hand outstretched with to me, was so in with his character becuase it was as though he was daring Palpatine to make the next move.

Also when Yoda flings aside the two republic guards as though they were nothing and the cocky way he asks Sidious "Surprised?"

Even though I miss the puppet Yoda of the past, I think that this movie did a really good Job of playing the emotional side to the character, we have always known Yoda as both wise and clever, but his reaction to the Jedi being killed was really touching.

Also Anakin shouting "I hate you!" I didn't hear what he had said the first time, only Obi-Wans subsquent reaction to it, but now that I understand it, It has easily become my favorite moment in the entire movie.
  8. The_General_Grievous Jedi Master

star 4
    hers my favirote sceens

The Dule
    Yoda vs Sideous
    Battle over coruscant
    Kashyyyk dule
    Burning of anakins body
    The sepritist war room
    GG vs Obi Wan
    Order 66
    Battle for utapau
    Oh there where so many
  9. The_General_Grievous Jedi Master

star 4
    i really liked the battle droids in the movie
  10. bswb Jedi Knight

star 1
    Even though "You were the chosen one" was shown in the trailer, we didn't understand the context. But seeing Obi-Wan screaming that at a mangled, burning Anakin, and then leaving him there to be die was just...wow.

I also liked the moment right before it when Obi-Wan said "I have the high ground. Don't do it." And Anakin gave in to his anger and arrogance, only to get chopped down.

Two great Star Wars audience moments: When Grievous took out his four sabers, the audience gasped and several "Whoa!" exclamations were heard. When Palpatine took out his lightsaber, the gasp was even louder, but then there was stunned silence and shock.

11. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    My two favorite lines in the movie from two different scenes, both lines spoken by Obi-Wan. In response to Anakins, "you turned her against me!" just the way he says,
    "You did that yourself."
    I love it. Such great delivery. The rest of that exchange is gold too, but that one line just sounds so cool to me.

And when he's leaving Padmes apartment and says,

"Anakin is the father, isnt he?
    I'm so sorry."

It gives me chills. He is saying so much.
  12. Philagape Jedi Knight

star 1
    It's hard for me to call them "favorite" scenes because so many were emotionally wrenching. But here are the best ones:

-- Transition from the scroll to the opening shot. Best of all the films.
    -- OB1 leaping out of his fighter on GG's ship
    -- Anakin holding 2 sabers across Dooku's neck
    -- R2 kicks droid ass
    -- The opera scene, and Palps' later manipulations. McDiarmid is SOOOO good.
    -- OB1 takes on GG and the droids. I loved his swashbuckling bravado, the closest the PT has come to what made Han Solo so fun to watch. (However, I didn't like how that ended, with a blaster.)
    -- The slaughter of the Jedi. (And Yoda feeling it all)
    -- Mace pins down Palpy.
    -- Yoda hitches a ride on Chewy.
    -- I like that Anakin becomes Darth Vader well before the suit.
    -- OB1's heartbreak when he sees the temple hologram.
    -- OB1's talk with Padme. Ewan is excellent throughout the movie.
    -- Anakin chokes Padme. That was shocking.
    -- Yoda slams the guards. That got the loudest cheer in the theater.
    -- Palpy's "mad symphony" in the Senate.
    -- The editing was really effective, especially the cuts back and forth between Anakin and Padme, and the two climactic duels.
    -- OB1 cuts off Anakin's legs. I wasn't expecting that; I always thought Anakin fell into the lava. The way it worked out is better because it allowed the two to talk.
    -- Anakin becomes a charred, maimed beast. Goodbye, Justin Timberlake.
    -- The helmet goes on.
    -- The closing shot. Perfection.

I'm sure there will be more after subsequent viewings.

13. stinrab Manager Emeritus

star 5
    The whole of Order 66 was fantastic. Almost exactly how I pictured the Jedi going out. Chilling.

Pretty much every scene with Palpatine in it.

The fact that R2 knows everything all along in the OT.

"I loved you!"

Anakin's "death"

When Anakin walks into the empty Jedi Council chamber and the Younglings come out from their hiding places. You could hear a lot of people in the theatre gasping. We knew what was about to happen. :(
  14. SWJaggy Jedi Master

star 4
    The fact that R2 knows everything all along in the OT.

He does?
  15. That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    First, and foremost, the exchanges leading up to the duel and the duels themselves. Powerful, powerful stuff. This includes Obi-Wan's final words to his best friend.
    The Mace duel!
    Obi-Wan and Anakin's exchanges after coming back from the space battle.
    The entire opening sequence.
    Order 66! :(
    Anakin meeting Padme again.
    The closing shots.
    The wookies charging into battle.
    Not anywhere near least: Vader's first words. 'NO... She was ALIVE...!' Frankly, I loved the NOOOOOO!
    Have I listed the whole film yet? :p
  16. marajadebean Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yes, Jaggy, R2 knows everything that has happened in this saga. Kind of like a Nick Carraway from Gatsby (just trying to throw an all knowing character out there). Remember the part in the Tantive IV when Bail says to have Threepio's memory wiped? That's how we all know R2 knows everything. In fact, read the Making of book and even Lucas says that he's always had it in mind that R2 is the only character in the Saga that knows it all.
  17. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I still have only seen the movie once, I'm going to rectify that situation this weekend.

It's hard to judge for sure until I've seen the film at least 10 times, but there is no doubt in my mind that ROTS has, pound for pound, probably the most "amazing" scenes of any SW film.

But that could just be me gushing over the newest and last SW film. :D
  18. RurouniKJS Jedi Knight

star 2
    ^ It's not just you gushing. I didn't like the last two SW films all that much, but I'm positively gushing over this one!

One more I really have to add: that long, long opening shot. It impressed the heck out of me. It's the 2nd best shot of the whole saga. (1st is, and always will be, the opening shot of ANH -- one of the greatest shots in film history).
  19. Barbara Fett Force Ghost

star 3
    Am I the only one who found the camouflage-colored clonetrooper armor HILARIOUS?

I mean, look at the irony. They had camouflage armor in the prequel era, but there's no one in the future Empire who remembers how useful it is to wear camouflage in a forest? The scenes of stormtroopers marching around Endor in white armor will be that much more painful to watch now. :p
  20. Darth_Sailant Jedi Master

star 1
    I find it impossible to answer this question, as there are so many amazing scenes.

I guess the most potent include:

* The entire opening rescue sequence
    * Artoo destroying the Destroyer Droids! ;)
    * The Opera scene
    * Padme / Anakin ? The 'silent' scene
    * Mace vs Palpatine / Anakin
    * Palpatine vs Yoda
    * Palpatine declaring the birth of the Empire
    * Order 66
    * Obi-Wan's dialogue just prior to Anakin going up in flames
    * Anakin / Vader on the operating table
    * Vader's discovery of Padme's fate

There you go - That's approx'. 75% of the film! :)
  21. DamonD Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'll just pick one to do at the moment.

Order 66. From now onwards, just those two words (ok, word and a number, smartass :p) will mean a huge amount to a SW fan.

The camera swirls around from high above in the sky, looking down on a grey cityscape shrouded with blizzards of snow. Across a narrow bridge we see clone troopers fighting and flashes of blue, as Ki-Adi Mundi bats away laser bolts and charges onwards.

He shouts out through the noise of the battle and the whirling snow, urging them forwards. "Come on!"

The troopers begin to follow, but then halt as Order 66 comes through. They raise their guns as Ki-Adi turns, and his eyes go wide as they point them at him. They open fire. He valiently bats a couple shots away but the shock affects his concentration and he falls.

I've only seen the movie once so far, so that's from memory...but it's incredibly striking.
  22. dojotony Jedi Knight

I love it when Anakin and Obi-Wan force push each other and then later fight without lightsabers.

Also, of course, when Chewy scoops up Yoda. I wish we could have seen more of the battles on Kashyyyk -- Saving Private Ryan style.
  23. qui_gon_jinn_83 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Another chilling moment is Anakin arriving on Mustafar. The Neimodian guy welcomes him, and Anakin shuts the doors using the force, with the Imperial March in the background, WOW. So evil.

Yes, seeing Ki-Adi Mundi die was very, very sad. Just the way he manages to deflect a few laser blasts before he dies makes it really sad for some reason. :(
  24. TurnedJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Another chilling moment is Anakin arriving on Mustafar. The Neimodian guy welcomes him, and Anakin shuts the doors using the force, with the Imperial March in the background, WOW. So evil.

I also like the mouse droids leading Anakin in there... Rats leaving a sinking ship anyone ;)...?
  25. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    "I am the Senate" - Perfect delivery. Cold and utterly commanding.

I like all of Palpatine's scenes, especially the Empire Day bit (I love how his formal costume is red and styled, rather than the normal black hooded thing). He seems to be drinking in the cheering.

I also like his smirk when discussing how he killed Plagueis, and his orgasmic pleasure at feeling Anakin's anger when Skywalker drew his saber on him.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.