main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[ROTS] *Official* ROTS Initial Reaction Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Mace Windy, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3263827

3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 1999
    I just got back from my midnight show.

I'm not sure how I feel right now. Overall, I liked the movie. I'm not sure what it is, but when the credits started to roll, I wasn't feeling awed by the movie. I had planned on seeing the movie a bunch of times over the next 5-6 days, but when I left the theater I didn't really have an urge to see it again anytime soon.

Stuff I really really liked:

- The whole Opera scene. Darth Plageus teaches Sidious how to manipulate midichlorians, and with this knowledge he creates Anakin. I love that idea. I hated the whole "virgin birth" idea. This makes it all more ... ironic. Sidious creates the being that ultimately destroys him. I'd love more details on when/where/how Sidious does this to Shmi.

- The final scene. Binary sunset was the perfect ending, I couldn't think of anything better.

- The Final Battle. As epic as I always dreamed it would be. The swinging didn't look cheesy at all in the proper context. And I just knew the "Anakin, you're breaking my heart" took place on Mustafar as part of the "the Jedi turned against me, don't you turn against me" conversation. :)

- Burned up Anakin. It looked a bit like the Terminator, but to see that much damage to his body, and him yelling "I hate you" just before was really powerful. It makes me believe 100% that he's now evil, and will do anything for his Master.

- The Opening Scene. I had seen pieces of it in the trailers, but to see it on the big screen ... honestly my jaw was wide open in amazment. It was beautiful. There were layers upon layers of ships. There was just so much to see.

- Jedi deaths. This struck me as really powerful, especially when they flashed to Yoda feeling their deaths.

- Jar Jar didn't say a darn thing the whole movie. And you could only see him in 2 scenes :)

Stuff that I didn't quite like:

- The turn to the dark side seemed to happen too fast. Yes the groundwork was laid in Ep2, but something just didn't feel right about it. In a flash he was almost losing it, "what have I done?" after helping to kill Mace, and then 2 seconds later he's relatively calmly pledging himself to Sidious.

- The bug droids on the ships at the start. I agree with whoever said they should have just used the Force to knock them off. They seemed too cutesy for my tastes.

- Was it just me, or does R2 beep a lot more then is neccessary in this movie, especially during the whole opening battle part?

- Dooku fight seemed too short, and it really looked like Obi-Wan had his legs chopped off when the platform fell on him when he was unconscious.

- Padme's death. For some unknown reason she's deteriorating? What the heck kind of advanced medical knowledge do these guys have? Lost the will to live? Didn't she say there was still good in him? Then why give up and die?

- Was it just me, or did people seem to get around the galaxy really fast? Sidious senses that Vader is in trouble on Mustafar, and by the end of the lightsaber duel (maybe a few hours later at best?) he's showed up to save Vader? There were lots of fast scene cuts that made watching it really awkward at times.

Anyways, these are just some things on the top of my head. I'd probably give the movie 4 out of 5 stars, and rank it 3rd, after ESB and ANH. I think I'll read the book next, and go see it at least once more in the next few days.

2. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Regarding Padme's death...this is essentially a fairy tale, and the fair maiden dying of a broken heart is just another dimension of that. I'm fine with it. I actually like it a lot.

3. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Oh wow. I have no idea how coherent this will be. Probably not very. Overall, I LOVED it. It was dark, depressing, and made me cry. The opening space battle was cool. Seeing Obi-Wan and Anakin flying together, the hero and the wingmate. You got a real sense at how close they were, what their relationship had grown into. I loved seeing this. Of course it made the rest of the movie that much harder. :p I didn't like Dooku's death. It was a little too quick for me. It was like, fight, fight, fight, BOOM! Beheaded. Whatever, I'm not much for Count Dooku anyway. And I think the next thing that annoyed me was when Mace got his hand cut off. He screamed like a baby. I almost bust out laughing. For real. I was like, "what, no! He wouldn't do that!" But that's alright, I got over it.

From Mace's death on, I was completely captivated. The Jedi purge nearly had me in tears. The music was so perfect, and seeing all the clones turn on their Jedi was awful. But knowing that Anakin killed all of the Jedi at the temple was HORRIBLE. :_| All the time, I was thinking, "No Anakin! Don't do that! GAH! Why don't you just take a look at what's REALLY going on!" You know full well going into the movie what's going to happen, but when it does you find yourself all sad and depressed. The duel was awesome. I didn't like Anakin laying on the hill on Mustafar. He was just a stump. A torso and a head. It was just weird, I suppose. But the dialogue there between Ani and Obi was heart-wrenching. "I HATE YOU!" :_| I lost it.

And one last thing that I think was a little useless was the line about Qui Gon Jinn. I mean, that doesn't clear anything up. But it's just another small thing that isn't really that bothersome. I still loved it. It's horrible to watch, it's sad, and it's depressing. But it's definitely one of the best of the saga. Hayden, Ewan, and Ian were fantastic! There was just so much to take in, I can't wait to see it again and maybe take in a little more.

4. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    Wow.

I honestly have no clue what to say. Maybe I will in the morning...

5. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    Some random cool stuff:

-Commander Cody giving Obi-Wan his lightsaber back just before Order 66
    -Yoda taking out the two clones, then getting a ride on Chewie's shoulders
    -"My little green friend."
    -The way Obi-Wan defeating Anakin played out was perfect, I thought. Also, an interesting parallel to the obviously less wise Maul falling for Obi-Wan's trick at the end of the TPM duel.
    -Artoo doesn't get his memory wiped! :D

I'm sure there's lots more I could put here if I thought about it longer.

6. 3263827

3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 1999
    I didn't quite like how Obi-Wan defeated Anakin. Obi-Wan said something like "I've got higher ground. Don't do it Anakin" and then Anakin jumps anyways. Would make sense if he was so filled with rage he wasn't thinking clearly, but I don't think he was at that point until just a bit afterwards when he yells "I hate you" to Obi-Wan.

7. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Did anyone spot Jett Lucas straight away?

The youngling that was a small Anakin - the one that spoke to him. Why did I know before the scene that it would work out like that? Excellent.

Palpatine is a sucky force user. It's a good thing he has brains.

I missed Jar Jar speaking!

Frankenstein rules ok.

I think a certain director is a big fan of Peter Jacksons' panning shots. ;)

This was a depressing film. And truely excellent for it.

8. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I imagine I'd be banned for sharing my first response.

And my 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and so on, too.... it was THAT good.

I'll post more tomorrow night...

9. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Oh. My. God.

I'm in serious shock. And really it didn't totally hit me until the credits started rolling. It was all too much, too fast, to really take in all at once.

Now I'm at home drinking and watching ANH, because I can't really think of anything else to do, at 4 o'clock in the morning.

I thought about watching AOTC, but it's really too painful right now. I am in PAIN after watching what Anakin did, who he became after having so many chances NOT to.

Most of Stinrab's pros and cons I also agree with. There were flaws certainly, but as many of the critics have said they're almost forgotten with the sheer tragedy of it all. It is Anakin and Obi-Wan's story and I'm totally overwhelmed by the magnitude of it. It is tragedy almost beyond Shakespearean.

Hayden and Ewan were freakin' incredible... especially Hayden. MY GOD, the anguish, hatred and fear were palpable in him... etched hard into his face. Absolutely amazing. I can't believe that any critic would say he's "wooden" now... cos damn, I felt every emotion he was at the beginning, and then was appropriately shocked by his later delusions of grandeur.

Obi-Wan and Anakin's words to each other during duel, did in fact, cut like lightsabers. When Anakin shouted "I hate you" to Obi-Wan and he responded with "I loved you", I almost completely lost it. That whole sequence was amazing. The "Anakin is weak on a slope" thing, which was revealed to us during principal photography by Nick, slapped me in the face. I had NO idea how literal he meant that. It was BRILLANTLY done. I couldn't have asked for a better suited Vader transformation.

The entire last half hour was brilliant. The cutting between Padme giving birth and Vader's "birth" was stunning and gut-wrenching, especially with the music from Qui-Gon's funeral scene in TPM playing. Absolutely one of the best moments of the entire Saga. And the first words out of suited Vader's mouth were about Padme, and that Sidious convinced him that he killed her (which from a certain POV he did) broke my heart. Wow.

I know Ghost wanted to know what I thought about Anakin and Padme... I really did think that her death would put him over the edge, and in reality it was the very thought of her death that did it. It's so much more tragic that way. And then when you think that, from a certain point of view, Anakin actually killed her by trying NOT to kill her... I mean wow, it doesn't get more tragic than that. And Padme still believed in him- "There is still good in him" and the Jappor snippet was in her hand during the funeral... I can't even deal.

Yoda and Obi-Wan were amazing. Wow, Obi-Wan has achieved a whole other level of badass-ness and humanity, in my book. What a stunning character.

The last shot of Owen, Beru and Luke... I wasn't expecting, but it was really kind of perfect. We have no idea what Obi-Wan told them and that kind of drives me up the wall.... but I see the reason for it. And there was no explaination for why he takes the name Ben. That's going to drive me nuts. I do kind of wish Anakin had said something about Obi-Wan giving the lightsaber to his kid, while he was in flames.

I LOVE that now R2 is the only one who knows the whole story, what an amazing thought.

I'm seeing it again in less than 12 hours, and I'm not sure I'm really prepared for it. It will take me a very long time to recover from the sheer relentless tragedy of it. Even though we've known all along that it was going to happen, just seeing how incredibly bad it was, puts the entire Saga, every movie individually and together, into a COMPLETELY different light. Thanks, George... I don't think we realized how much we really needed that.

10. Philagape

Philagape Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    My initial reaction: It's the best one. Of ALL of them. (And I've been a PT basher.)

However, it's not a fair comparison. ROTS has the advantage of being the last one; everything means so much because it has five films' worth of knowledge and emotional investment to work with. But it makes the most of all of that in a way better than I could have hoped for. My heart was pounding for almost the entire movie.
    The actors knew what was at stake, and they were faithful to the vision of the saga. The writing got a little better with each PT episode (it had nowhere to go but up from TPM). Very few cringe moments.
    Ewan was magnificent. I loved seeing so many sides of Obi-Wan; his Solo-ish bravado in taking on the droids was a pleasant surprise and added what had been missing from the first two PT films. And when he learned the awful truth about Anakin, we were there with him, feeling what he was feeling, right through his anguish during and after the duel. That's what it's all about for an actor.
    Many reviews I've seen have dumped on Natalie, but I couldn't disagree more. No character suffered as much as she did, and you could see it without her speaking a word. It's a little cliche to die of a broken heart, but it worked. Her whole world came crashing down so quickly, and then to have the love of her life attack her ... . But (from a certain point of view) she didn't really die, did she? With her last words, she imparted hope to her children and lived on in them.
    Ian was delightful. He clearly had fun, and he successfully transitioned into the ROTJ Emperor. He was a bit cartoonish at times, but he showed the same range and vocal gymnastics that made him so memorable in ROTJ. I hung on every word during his story about Darth Plagueis, and its implications about creating life were nearly as stunning as Vader's ESB revelation. Much was learned about the history of the Sith (and the Jedi in the Qui-Gon mention). I loved the Windu death scene; you knew Palpy could finish him off at any time, but he played the pathetic old man to further draw Anakin into darkness.
    Hayden did his part, too, but was the weakest of the four (human) leads. It's not his fault; I think it was a poor casting choice because I had to try really hard to accept a whiny kid as Darth Vader. I wish Anakin had been more of a man, more intimidating. Instead, his murderous rage looks like a teen tantrum. My favorite image of Anakin in the PT is the scorched beast on Mustafar; at least then he no longer looked like a reject from a boy band.
    The story was well-crafted and delivered with editing dynamics never seen before in SW. So much action and complex drama, most of it presented in simultaneous threads, but I was able to follow and make sense of it. In a film with a known conclusion, there were a few surprises thrown in. The slaughter of the Jedi was heartbreaking, and you could feel Yoda's pain.
    The visuals were GL's parting gift to the fans, from the opening battle, to Anakin's submission to Palpy, to Yoda's showdown with Sidious. ROTS closes with the best final shot of the saga, a beautiful, uplifting moment of hope after an hour of hell.

No film is perfect, so I have to add some quibbles:
    -- I wasn't real thrilled with Grievous. Kind of hard to respect a villain who can't stop coughing. And was some point trying to be made in Obi-Wan killing him with a blaster? That was a letdown.
    -- Unanswered questions. Who ordered the clones? You wouldn't know from the movies. I understand more is revealed in the EU (I haven't read it), but the films must stand on their own. You can't bring up Sifo-Dyas in AOTC and ignore him in ROTS. Did I miss something? "Order 66" makes me suspect it was Sidious himself, but that's not clear enough.
    Also, in ROTJ, Vader tells Luke, "Obi-Wan once thought as you did." Not that I could see. And why does Leia remember more than Luke?
    -- I wanted to see more of the rebellion being founded. Where was Mon Mothma?
    -- How could the Jedi be so blind and stupid? They F'd up in AOTC by assigning Anakin to Padme, and they

11. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    It's too late to attempt anything lengthy, so...

Best. Prequel. By. Far. :p

I have to say that for me, the saddest part wasn't Anakin betraying Padme, but Anakin betraying Obi-Wan... that part just... wow.

I also was beyond excited to watch the stage be set for A New Hope... I think I'll have to watch that very soon. :p :D

12. beedubew

beedubew Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    Stunned. Will have to post more in the morning.

Quick things. Mostly repeats.

Order 66 was tough to watch. However, I was a little surprised with how tame the Jedi Temple purge actually was. After the PG-13 rating came out I was certain they would show Anakin slaughtering the younglings (at least the older ones like the one who died in front of Organa.)

Felt the Fall of Anakin scene was a little quick. Maybe I will change my mind after some sleep.

Still a little irritated that Leia has memories of her "real mother." If she does, why wouldn't Luke?

Loved the parallel of Obi-wan telling Yoda, "He's like a brother to me. I can't kill him." Or something similar. Sounded very much like what Luke later says to Obi-wan about not being able to kill his own father.

Loved the duel and the dialogue that went with it. "I hate you" was really tough to hear. The fact that Obi-wan left Anakin for dead gives new meaning to Darth Vader betrayed and murdered your father. From a CPOV, one could argue that Obi-wan murdered him by not saving his life.

Somebody griped about Senator Bail Antilles of Alderaan. I don't think that is a slip up. Bail could be a common name and while Antilles is a Corellian name, who is to say that Bail Organa didn't succeed Bail Antilles as Senator from Alderaan in the 10 years between TPM and AOTC. I really liked Organa's role in this, but would have liked to hear the name Alderaan spoken. If it was said, I missed it.

Time for sleep. Can't wait to post more tomorrow and to see what yall have to say!

Question for everybody. Did I miss it or does Obi-wan think Anakin/Darth Vader is dead? Does he or Yoda know that Vader survives?

Bee

EDIT: One more thing. While for me the jury is still out on where this individually ranks as an episode, I give it a 10/10 for linking the PT to the OT. Some stuff may have been forced late in the movie, but I liked the "I have some training for you" comment from Yoda to Obi-wan. Good stuff. Ties together how some Jedi learn to disappear upon death and how to converse with the living.

13. neoxeon2

neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2000
    i thought i would have soo much to say, but im speachless.

in my mind it's open for possibly an animated series? the whole begining of luke/leias life. qui gon and obi? how yoda chooses dagobah?

but i liked it, sad, dark, prolly wont sleep much. too much running through my head.

14. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I think they probably both think he is dead, but then in the years after I'm sure that tales of Darth Vader travel the galaxy and they realize he is still alive, but it is too late to do anything.

15. zap2012

zap2012 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 27, 2002
    i don't even know what to say. i'm overwhelmed. it was fantastic. watching Yoda during Order 66... my god...

the younglings... that was just... terrible.

the duel was incredible.

i thought the same thing about the "noooooo!" yell... but it works, i think.

just... wow...

NOW what do i do?

andy

16. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Wow...

Here's some random observations, so bear with me.

I went in fearing that I might end up hating Anakin, and I was right.

I almost cried at 3 places: when all the Jedi started dying (Plo, Kit, etc., all such cool characters...dead), when Anakin choked Padmé, and at her funeral.

Ewan was very good. Very Alec-like.

Was it just me, or did baby Leia have chubby cheeks? :p

I love Artoo.

I love Yoda.

I love Chewie.

I loved the use of OT themes in the score (Luke's, Leia's, etc.) And the finale that tied together (IIRC) ANH and ROTJ.

I figured that Anakin would've straight up killed Whie. Guess not.

I remember hearing specualtion (presumably not based on spoilers) a while back that Vader would slaughter Bear Clan. Wow.

And the "neat little trick" was indeed Frankenstien. Good job, those who called it!

I need to think a while to form a solid opinion on the film, but Empire is still safe as #1 in my book.

And I love Artoo. He waddled like in ANH!

And I wanted to hug Yoda.

That is all for now. MTFBWY. :)

17. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Another quick thing I was just thinking about while debating about how powerful Vader was with my boyfriend...

It's completely horrible and tragic that Anakin turns to become more powerful and to save Padme, because ironically he becomes LESS powerful and, from a certain POV, is responsible for Padme's death. Anakin seems to be even with Obi-Wan during the duel, because while he has more skill and power and should be able to beat him, he is far too emotional- it is weakness and downfall. His turn was all for naught, and I think there comes a point where he realizes that. The "Nooo!"... which I think was appropriate.

Lucas was not fooling around with the concept of a what makes a tragic hero, he took everything to it's most terrible extreme, Anakin is the very DEFINITION.

And damn, did I mention Hayden was INCREDIBLE? That performance will haunt me for a very long time.

18. Kavic_Toth

Kavic_Toth Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 9, 2002
    Okay, Padmé's death...

I was talking about this with Ousley in IM. I felt the line was a cop-out, myself. "She's lose the will to live"?! Not Padmé... and certainly not with baby(ies) coming.

That said, did anyone else get the feeling, through the two 'separate' scenes of Padmé and Anakin spliced together, that it was Anakin's pain that actually killed Padmé? That was the feeling I got from the scene.

19. qui_gon_jinn_83

qui_gon_jinn_83 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 18, 2002
    I also though Hayden was great in this. In fact, I think every actor did very well.
    I don't think anyones acting was wodden at all. There are still some of the "shakespearian" lines of dialougue which seems awkward sometimes. But the delivery was always good I think.
    Obi-Wan made me cry when he left Padmes apartment thing after their talk. That scene was so sad.

And Anakin screaming "I hate you!"... You just see how far he has fallen. It's just a beast that's lying there at that moment. Consumed with rage.
    I thought it was very powerful and extremely well done.

When his legs erupt in flame and then cover his whole body... wow. It's so pathetic in a way. But it makes Anakin's character all the more tragic.

After a good nights sleep, I'm thinking about seeing it tonight again.

20. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Unfortunately, I won't get to see it again until Saturday :( I have to see it a couple of more times to really take it in.
    What surprised me the most about this movie was that it's not on a grand scale. It keeps it's focus on the main characters and very little is said about the larger conflict. That was a bit of a disappointment for me, but now that I know this, I'll be able to walk into the theater, expect a great, personal drama and get exactly that.
    The interesting thing about this is that ROTJ is still the grandest of all the episodes, which makes it a fitting end to the Saga :)

Anoher interesting thing is that this movie feels like a greek tragedy and that sometimes, JW's music enhances that feel.

Anakin Skywalker is hot ;)
    /LM

21. Harlowe Thrombey

Harlowe Thrombey Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 1999
    We all seem to be feeling the same kind of thing...overwhelmed, most people think its good but the material is so depressing. I need to see it a bunch of times but I think it will probably rank above ROTJ right behind TESB and ANH. I think if Anakin's turn seems too easy like some have said, well, its just because we were all rooting for him to make the right decision. This movie had way too much to take in. We will definitely be discussing the issues brought up by this film for a long time to come.

22. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    This is the initial reaction thread.

My initial reaction: best SW movie ever. But the one I will watch the least.

I really, really enjoyed the Mace/Palps/Anakin scene, I thought it actually played out really well.

I don't understand why people thought it was so quick - he HAD to make a decision in that instant.

Cool stuff:

Obi-Wan "Spring the trap" - grins. Sooooo cool.

Yoda dropping his cane. Yoda taking out the Red Guards.

I actually really liked Grievous, and wanted more of him!!!

I can't even think right now.

I like how not all the questions from the OT were answered.

Dislikes:

I wish we could see a *little* more of Kashyyyk and the fabulous "other" Clone Wars planets.

I must be a gusher.

I didn't mind Vader's "nooooo!" at all, from the descriptions, I thought it would be unbearable. Seeing him take those 2 staggering "Frankenstein" steps and then yelling in anguish was pretty freaky, and affected how I look at Vader.

I also didn't mind Padme's "giving up" death, although it is a little fairy-tale like (so what?) and cheesy.

Not only (as my wife points out) did Anakin Force Choke Padme, the irony is that his going to the Dark Side was the reason Padme gave up. But he thought going to the Dark Side was the only way to save her.

Let's see....I believe the story of Darth Plageuis the Wise was a lie created by Palpatine to influence Anakin.

What was creepy was this: how does Palpatine KNOW Anakin has had these dreams of Padme dying in childbirth? You gotta think (a) Anakin told him, or (b) he's so powerful in the Force he could see Anakin's dreams. That's possible too, Yoda seemed to be able to see what Luke was seeing in ESB.

I gotta go to bed. More later.

23. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Well...wow. I'm still dazed...but...wow.

Order 66 was amazing.

24. qui_gon_jinn_83

qui_gon_jinn_83 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 18, 2002
    I'm glad to hear you liked it Garth. After all the time you've spent with this forum, it's somehow very nice to see that you liked the movie as much as you did! :)

Yes, Yoda taking out the red guards. Such a small but powerful gesture. Yoda really was fantastic in this film!

25. Jedi_Master_Anakin

Jedi_Master_Anakin Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2002
    I've posted my initial thoughts elsewhere so i'll be brief.

I loved Obi-Wan leaving Anakin for dead.

I loved Anakin crying after killing the Seperatists.

I loved Obi-Wans emotion.

I loved the ties of dialogue between ROTS and the OT. Especially "He's like my brother."

I loved Anakin losing the duel because of arrogance. (Anakin sucks on an incline)

I loved Anakin screaming "I Hate you!" to Obi-Wan. Probably the best line in the movie. And i don't see it as being evil or on the dark side. I see it as a child to his parent. How many of us screamed "I hate you" to our parents after punishment or something like it? I did... I saw that Anakin was in agony, both physical and emotional. The closest thing he has ever had to a father had just cut off his legs and his arm, and won't help him. Did anyone else notice Anakin reaching for Obi-Wan? It was like Obi-Wan was forced to play the role of the parent and virtually destroy Anakin in order to try and save him. Anakin's cry of "I hate you" is out of desparation not out evil. He has nothing left... to Anakin, Padme has turned against him because of Obi-Wan, and he's been nearly killed and left to die by the only father he ever knew. What else could he say besides "I hate you."?

Overall, I enjoyed the film, but it is too emotionally destructive for me to watch over and over again. I have to see it this weekend with my partner, but after that I don't think I'll watch it for a long time... I wanted to cry for Anakin... I truly did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.