main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[ROTS] *Official* ROTS Initial Reaction Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Mace Windy, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    "I'll bite ya to death!"

"Sith Lords are our spec-E-al-tee".
    Hey, that's how I always pronounce it...I heard nothing odd about the way Obi-Wan said it. Guess it's one of those English-American things :p

2. Blue_Viper

Blue_Viper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2001
    I saw it yesterday at noon, and I thought it was a great movie. A fitting and dramatic conclusion to the Prequel trilogy, and a hint of the hope that comes in the Original trilogy.

I think the opening battle was awesome, and showed the two jedi in peak performance, and why Kenobi was a General in the clone wars. I've heard from other reviewers and repliers that they didn't like the opening battle, and thought Grievous was extraneous plot material. I couldn't disagree more. Like all of the movies, we come to each episode "in media res"....in the middle of things. We enter the story in the middle of some sequence, not seeing how it began. I like that aspect of the movies. Seeing Grevious plotting his next movies and wheezing, makes you wonder what caused him to wheeze to begin with....maybe he's had several run-ins on different battling planets with jedi forces. Of course, in this instance, we have the Clone War cartoons that flesh this out a bit, but if you didn't have those, you'd have to use your imagination to figure out that grievous and the jedi/republic have had a few encounters before.

The wookiee homeworld. Nice to finally see it. I small part in the movie but important. The various battlefronts spread the jedi too thin....too thin to worry about palpatine making his move on coruscant.

Dooku's death: great, chilling....anakin and obi-wan vow not to make the mistake they did on geonosis. Dooku realizes in the last moments that he's about to be replaced, just has he replaced Maul. That's the problem with the sith. They are so crazy for power that they can't seem to band together and recruit several dark siders, and keep having to be replaced.

Nothing stood out as being awful. I had no problems with any romance scenes. I thought they were great.

I loved Captain Antilles' hair and look on the Tantive IV. Totally 70s look and fits right in.

Anakin and Padme, miles apart, in different buildings, but both deep in thought. The music and scenes here are great.

Obi-Wan delivering Luke to Tatooine. The music, the landscape, the familiar farm. I loved it. Sad and happy at the same time. Knowing that the jedi have been nearly destroyed...Yoda and Obi-Wan going into hiding...but the faint "new hope" in luke and leia.

So much to talk about, but I already love it and look forward to seeing it again.

3. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    Captain Antilles

I had a question about him. Is Captain Antilles, Wedge Antilles father?

4. generalgreivous4

generalgreivous4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2005
    Im still in shock from watching this movie last night...it really did blow me away, it was AWESOME!!

There is sooo much to say, the only downside was not about the movie, I can't fault the movie, but the way it was presented. The color was a little screwed up, and I would have rather watched it on DVD.

Great movie, emotioal, chilling...it had everything.

5. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Is Captain Antilles, Wedge Antilles father?

No, they're not even related. Wedge is from Corellia and Captain Antilles from Alderaan. Antilles is just a very common name, kind of like Smith or Jones. There's even a third Antilles, who's mentioned in TPM, I think, and he's a senator from Alderaan.

6. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    Okay thanks for clearing that up.

7. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Tried to post on Saturday but there was some kind of error on the boards or something. Initial thoughts:

Best line ever: Execute Order 66 [face_devil]

Best fight move: Yoda making that Clone Kebab outside the temple

And something else occurred to me, too. I know they've only just started on the Death Star at the end there, but if they'd "tested" the superlaser they could've destroyed Kashyyyk.
    This would have taken away from the destruction of Alderaan, yes, but it'd also effectively reclassify the Holiday Special as Infinities ;)

Just a thought :p

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8. SabeForQueen

SabeForQueen Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2002
    Ok, I saw the film Thursday night. It was very good, had many memorable scenes, all-round strong performances and added a special layer to the StarWars mythology. Hurray for SW fans everywhere! :)
    That being said, I'm confused about Anakin & Padme. I know they acted like their marriage was secret but both the Senate (i.e. Palpy) and the Jedi (i.e. ObiWan) knew about it and no one seemed to care. ???
    Has anyone read the book? Can someone explain what was going on?

9. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Well Obi-Wan knew about only recently apparently, though he probably had suspicions. And he was on Anakin's side. By the time he had no reason to be on Anakin's side, there was no Council to report to! :p
    Palpatine wants Anakin to join him. He's not going to jeapordize anything by squealing on Anakin.
    So no, not the entire Jedi Order or Senate knew. Just the two people who really liked Anakin.

10. Wally44

Wally44 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005
    I think the reason GL didn't have any mention of the Rebellion is that he wanted there only to be a small bit of hope with the kids being born. Obviously showing Bail Organa seeing the clones kill Jedi will be a conduit to starting the rebellion. One would think the rebellion would have included the seperatists since Palps betrayed them, but it's too late to go back and fix that now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.