main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ROTS on DVD Nov.1

Discussion in 'Archive: Ann Arbor, MI' started by Idgie, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    That's right,kids.Read about it here. =D=

2. MyMomIsAnEwok

MyMomIsAnEwok Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2005
    That nice....now I dont have to watch that f-ing counter at the top...[face_whistling] [face_shhh]

[face_shame_on_you]

do you think they will make a 6-movie set or just the new trilogy

3. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2002
    I'm thinking this will be just the DVD. Now, my question is: Battlefront II is coming out "Fall 2005" last time I checked. I wonder if this will be a dual release, just like Battlefront and the Origional Trilogy DVD.

I'm thinking if there is a 6 movie DVD set, it will come out next November or sometime between this November and next November (like a summer release?)

4. MyMomIsAnEwok

Jun 26, 2005
    Dual relase would be cool

i cant wait for battlefront 2...the first was soooooo bad, that it wa good...tho i hated the flying...which there is a lot in 2...tho the maps are bigger...but the 6-cd would be expensive..but i didnt relize that ori. trilogy and battlefront was a dual....

one other question....what does the eclamtion mard (!) mean next to forum....a new post?

5. Capt_Piett

Aug 4, 2002
    Yes an (!) means a new post has been made since you checked the boards last.
    If you can pull off air superiority in Tatooine-Dune Sea, Hoth and Bespine-Platforms in Battlefront, you can control the map, as long as you use the right aircraft.

I really boubt all 6 movies will be just 6DVDs. It would have to be at lest 7 if not 8DVDs for all the extra material. Lucas might not even reliease all 6, but just the first 3 in a 4DVD set like the Origional Trilogy DVD.

6. MyMomIsAnEwok

Jun 26, 2005

Nov 1: Experience Episode III on DVD and Star Wars Battlefront II
    July 25, 2005

This November 1st will be a landmark day for fans to celebrate the saga with two major releases in Star Wars home entertainment. The explosive and emotional finale to the saga,Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, arrives on DVD and Star Wars Battlefront II, the sequel to the most successful Star Wars game ever, arrives on Xbox, Playstation 2, Windows PC and Sony PSP formats

-theforce.net

7. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    I doubt that the PT will be re-released as anything other than a 3pk,6 DVD set with the already existing bonus features.I'm sure that we'll get a mega-ultra-super DVD set at some point,but that may still be a couple of years away.

8. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    Here is a partial list of the bonus features from the ROTS DVD,including confirmation of a particular deleted scene which will make someone I know very happy. :D

9. Midnightguard

Midnightguard Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2002
    I can't wait... of course I'll have to get a copy to tide me over until they release the whole thing in one box set. (or at least the prequels in a box set like the OT)

10. YodasBrownEyedGirl

YodasBrownEyedGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2003
    I saw the "certain extra footage" being spoken of about a certain character named YODA. They were just still shots on hyperspace but well worth checking them out. There was also some shots of Shaak Ti. I can't wait for that bonus stuff. I'm craving watching the movie again too now that it's been a few weeks since I've seen it. I don't even know much of what is out there right now. I'm sure nothing really good, at least until Harry Potter.

11. Morrigan_McKnight

Morrigan_McKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    Yippie!
    Payday is on the 28th so that works out nice ;)

12. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    Best line from the DVD:

'...and even when Anakin turns into Darth Vader,he is still the Chosen One' --George Lucas

Maybe that will finally put and end to all that Luke-was-really-the-Chosen-One business. [face_thinking]

For the most part,I was very happy with the DVD.I enjoyed the web docs(even though I had already seen most of them),and the features on Vader and the stuntwork of the movie.I wasn't as interested in the 'Within a Minute' documentary,though.I'm just not all that interested in filmmaking per se,so some of the technical talk goes straight over my head.I felt the same way about the 'Puppets to Pixels' feature on the AOTC DVD.I usually tend to be more interested in background relating to story and character.Anyhow,it was a still great idea and another example of LFL doing what other DVD's really don't and I can imagine that lots of people will enjoy it.

I probably could have done without the video game stuff as well.Why not a more in-depth feature on the music,or an interview with Stover?

All in all though,still another A+ effort from LFL. :D =D=

13. Capt_Piett

Aug 4, 2002
    The video game stuff was the second thing I looked at (behind the deleted scenes).
    As for Luke being the chosen one - That's just crazy. ;)

14. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    Luke wasn't the Chosen One, that much is obvious to anyone who watched or fell asleep to Episode I (which is a lot better viewing after Episode 3). Luke just had to do the Chosen One's job for him.

Pretty typical prequel DVD, the picture and sound are fantastic. I really wish they would've had a blooper reel instead of frickin' dancing Yoda - it's funny, but doesn't last too long and gets old. Blooper reels are longer, and rewatchable. The commentary was ok, Lucas "I want to ramble but not really" voice kinda annoys me. The explanation of the window scene was unnecessary though, did anyone really think he was mad at the Jedi instead of thinking about what'd happen to Padme??

15. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    How so?Vader killed the Emperor,didn't he?

I'm surprised that someone who hates the prequels so much would even know what's on the DVD's. [face_thinking] ;)

16. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I liked this little tid-bit of info someone sent me:

Put your DVD into your DVD-ROM on your computer and see what the name of the disk is...
    is your DVD named Charlotte??

Mine is! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.