ROTS Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Reading, PA' started by HanSolo29, Mar 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    With Ep3 fast approaching, the idea was brought up to hold a kick-off meeting for our chapter the week leading into the film's release. This sounds like a great idea and I feel we should go forward with it.

Now, some things need to be taken care of for this thing to happen:

1) Midnight showing or opening day showing?
    2) Where?
    3) Are we meeting someplace before hand to discuss official business or should we hold that earlier in the week?
    4) Any other miscellaneous questions you may have or things you want to address

1) I'm sure most of you would want to be there at the midnight showing, but as it stands right now, I have plans with some of my friends with school. However, I will try to get you guys in on it. They're all HUGE SW fans and I'm sure they'd be happy to have more along.

2) As for a theater, I'm leaning toward the Cinema Center at the Fairgrounds Mall. They have huge stadium seating, the option for advance tickets, nice screens and they hold midnight showings.

3) Personally, I feel we should meet someplace ahead of time to discuss official business. Maybe grab something to eat quick before heading to the theater.

4) I also want to give you guys a heads up that I will be at the midnight showing in costume. I'm putting together an Imperial Officer uniform and I'm going to be joining the 501st legion.

/>
  2. JediSoccerDad Jedi Master

star 3
    1) Although I will perobably see ROTH multiple times on the 19th, I WILL definetely be going to a Midnight Showing. My only Issue is that I will still be in Philadelphia until the end of May, BUT I would be happy to join up with my beloved RRS & your friends, Steph. I will also have my daughter (10) with me (yes, I have sucessfully brainwashed her [face_hypnotized] ), so I might have to bow out from other actvities that night.

2) I'm good with the Cinema Center @ Fairgrounds. My suggestion is when we meet earlier that week (which I am going to suggest next) we should have get together everone's $ for Advance Tickets. Steph, I didn't know they did Advance Tickets! Cool! [face_dancing] Carmike was always a pain with that. [face_frustrated]

3) As previously noted, I think we should meet earlier that week. I think I remember Sundays being a good day when we were talking about meeting before. How is everyone with one Sunday a month, say about dinner time? (6 or 7ish ) :confused: We can have it at Dennys, Friendlys, etc, or Borders & Barnes for coffee [face_coffee] Just suggestions.. Chime in..

4) I have been terrible with my costumes, so I will with all likelyhood just be in jeans & t-shirt mode. I'm also a Cadet in Carida (previosly SuppleDragon, but checged it to JediSoccerDad) & I want to complete a Fett Costume, maybe a Biker Scout as well. :cool:
  3. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    1) Although I will perobably see ROTH multiple times on the 19th, I WILL definetely be going to a Midnight Showing. My only Issue is that I will still be in Philadelphia until the end of May, BUT I would be happy to join up with my beloved RRS & your friends, Steph. I will also have my daughter (10) with me (yes, I have sucessfully brainwashed her hypnotized ), so I might have to bow out from other actvities that night.

Well, if you're in Philly, I don't want to run you all the way back to Reading. It's up to you if don't mind driving that distance. I'll give my friends a heads up about it, though. ;)

2) I'm good with the Cinema Center @ Fairgrounds. My suggestion is when we meet earlier that week (which I am going to suggest next) we should have get together everone's $ for Advance Tickets. Steph, I didn't know they did Advance Tickets! Cool! dancing Carmike was always a pain with that.

Yea, that's why I turned away from Carmike. We had some bad experiences with them in the past.

As for the advance tickets and the money - when Ep2 was released, we purchased our tickets 2 weeks in advance. I don't know if you still want to collect the money the week the film is released or to set an earlier date to do this.

3) As previously noted, I think we should meet earlier that week. I think I remember Sundays being a good day when we were talking about meeting before. How is everyone with one Sunday a month, say about dinner time? (6 or 7ish ) confused We can have it at Dennys, Friendlys, etc, or Borders & Barnes for coffee coffee Just suggestions.. Chime in..

I'm all for that as well. I was just throwing out suggestions about what we could do. As for Sundays - that would probably be the best day for me as well. And I know we tried to establish this before, but I REALLY do like the idea of a monthly meeting. Let's see if we can actually get this thing rolling. ;)

4) I have been terrible with my costumes, so I will with all likelyhood just be in jeans & t-shirt mode. I'm also a Cadet in Carida (previosly SuppleDragon, but checged it to JediSoccerDad) & I want to complete a Fett Costume, maybe a Biker Scout as well.

Yay! Another member of the Carida Academy! :D
  4. JediSoccerDad Jedi Master

star 3
    Folks, let us know where you all stand on the first two questions.. The last few are just for you all to start thinking about for the Meeting itself..

1. Meeting Day & Time: Sunday, May 15th @ 6:00 PM?

2. Meeting Place? Reading @ Borders
    (Mmmm coffee! =P~ [face_coffee] )

Things to think about...

3. RRS: Reading Red Squadron or Reading Rogue Squadron

4. Star Wars Role Playing? At Meetings?

5. Play By Email or Online Board Star Wars Story Round-Robin Game?

6. Costumes? 501st?

7. Wizard World 2005 in Philly! Future Conventions?

8. Online Website?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.