main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ROTS/PT Merge - February 6 - ATTN VIP's - No posting in this forum.

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by RebelScum77, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JFKIII

JFKIII Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 23, 2005
    This forum is the reason I signed onto these boards. It has provided a lot of entertainment and info. Because of this site I practically knew rots before it even came out, which has it's good and bad sides. Even though I haven't been on as long as some of you have or posted as much as some, I loved every second of this board. I loved being able to merge my appreciation for John F. Kennedy, Jr. and star wars into a pretty unique signature (which coincidentally took every available space). I am a bit saddened yet curious as to the day when I log onto my bookmark for this site as to what will happen; a simple redirect or a new forum ready and waiting for me? It seems just yesterday I was at wal-mart looking at darth vader on the cover of entertainment weekly, logging onto this site and seeing no mention of it, and axiously posting information of entertainment weekly having a cover for each episode. I have loved all the insights everyone gave about rots, things I didn't notice at first glance. I have always tried to post good replies and topics. I look forward to seeing you all in the new merged forum, and I hope you all can say the same of me.

2. YYZ-2112

YYZ-2112 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2004
    I feel each film should have it's own forum. But I suppose that would require a lot of moderating and redirecting of threads.

3. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    :_| :_| :_|

Thats truely the end of the 3SA then!

:_| :_|

4. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    This will be a month long remembered.

It has seen the end of the 3SA, and will soon see the end of...

....of um.... January....?

:_|

I love this place!
    May the Force be with us!

5. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    "I don't want things to change."

"You can't stop change any more than you can stop the sun from setting. Listen to your feelings"

So long 3SA/ROTS Forum you will be remembered :_|:_|:_|

6. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Sad to see 3SA go, but the merge is definitely necessary. Good luck to those who will be staying on board to mod the PT forum once the merge takes place. I imagine it'll be crazy for a while. Then again, nothing could be crazier than modding ROTS, which I braved for a while. :p

7. Darth-DeathStick

Darth-DeathStick Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2005
    What is 3SA and whats the big deal since its being merged anyway. It's not like you wont be able to post about Sith right? I dont understand. Is it just that Sith people had their own forum?

8. MonkeytheJedi

MonkeytheJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2005
    the only thing i can say is http://darthno.ytmnd.com/

9. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    *a tear*

10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    3SA is this forum. This was the place to come to for ROTS spoilers, for those who didn't care to be spoiled. This forum has been around for a number of years. But now it's being merged with PT. Some people just have an attachment and some are just being humorous.

11. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    [face_frustrated]

What sinister said. :p

12. LeiaSkywalker4

LeiaSkywalker4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    Just curious darth-sinister where does that leave you and the rest of the mods of this board when ROTS/PT merge?

13. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    well rats. RotS will be amongst 2 other movies - much more difficult to find, threads will be. especially those deemed "worthy" of permanent deletion. tis a sad sad day.

90% of my posts are here. still.

but i like what YYZ-2112 said:
    I feel each film should have it's own forum. But I suppose that would require a lot of moderating and redirecting of threads.

so? would give the mods something to do.

14. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    For awhile each film did have it's own forum, but gradually activity dwindled. The same thing has happened in the PT. Frankly, there just isn't enough interest to have a forum for each movie. Even all the OT movies have only one forum. Having all 3 PT movies in one place will hopefully spark more interest.

The mod situation for the new forum is currently being worked out. Sapient won't be there, as he wants to focus more on SFF and the general future of the boards. Rhonderoo will be modding FanFic and since she's now a Comms admin she won't be an official PT mod, but don't count on her leaving anytime soon. ;)

15. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    sadder still........
    loss of mods..
    loss of interest.
    i think, i read, i say, i type, star wars every day...but it's mostly in terms of RotS.

16. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Having a separate forum for each film would not be at all practical. Now that the saga is complete, most threads will be about more than one film. This is why the CT forum exists as it does and why the TPM and AOTC forums were merged (and why ROTS will merge as well). The threads solely about each film in CT are less than threads that cover more than one of the films.

17. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    So sad, lots of memories, so much time spent here... but it is time to move on, there is not much reason to come here anymore, just slowly fading emotion in our memories. I just can't believe how the time has passed already.:(

Remember Darth Friday in summer/ fall 2003? Or all the spoilers from MF in the last winter before May 2005? Those were the best times here.

I'm glad Revenge of the Sith turned out to be such a great movie, as I imagined, it's just a sad satisfaction that it's all over, when this board goes. Goodbye, all.

18. Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29

Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    This also means no more rotating banners. :( :_| :_|

19. purpilian

purpilian Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2005
    This also means no more rotating banners.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Vader

20. CJedi72

CJedi72 Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    In all seriousness, should there even be a classic & prequel, and SW saga forum anymore, and just be the SW forum, because it is now one saga? I keep hearing that it is one big movie, that should be watched 1-6, and each movie is one chapter, why still have 3 forums for SW topics? I don't think this would be Lucas's vision.

21. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Some people like to discuss the prequels more. Some like to discss the CT more. Some just want to discuss the Saga as a whole. 3 forums is fine by me. :)

22. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    :_| It's the end of an era! :_|

By the way, RebelScumm77's the 3SA manager? What happened to Sape?

I'm out of it for a little while and everyone gets delusions of grandeur!

23. -Commander_Thigh-

-Commander_Thigh- Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2004
    This is really depressing. I remember the glory days of the 3SA...Back In Black, Darth Friday reports, the title reveal at Comic Con, the Topps trading card images, the images the gabe and others leaked, and the MF spoiler reports/spoilers from Motee...these were some of the greatest moments of the 3SA forum. Going the hardcore spoiler route is something I don't regret in the slightest. It was probably the best times I've had within the last few years. Goodbye 3SA.

24. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    [image=http://jc.oaxz.com/streisand.jpg]

Meeeeem?ries,
    Like the corners of my mind
    Misty water-colored memories
    Of the way we were
    Scattered pictures,
    Of the smiles we left behind
    Smiles we gave to one another
    For the way we were...