main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ROTS/PT Merge - February 6 - ATTN VIP's - No posting in this forum.

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by RebelScum77, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magical_Maestro

Magical_Maestro Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2005
    I have some serious misgivings about the current liberties we enjoy here in the 3SA being oppressed after the ROTS/PT merge based on what I've been hearing from an inside source. This source claims that there is certain moderator who's been lobbying hard for a much more heavy handed approach to things, and that he or she is winning the debate. How accurate this information is I cannot say, nor will I disclose any names. Nevertheless "I've got a bad feeling about this", and I'm crossing my fingers that this potentially doomsday-esque scenario for the JC doesn't come to pass, and things remain the same post-merge. If they don't, hmmm, well...

2. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    One thing I've learned from my long time here, is that you shouldn't believe everything you hear. ;)

I know both the current PT Mods fairly well, and I can assure you neither one of them would be calling for a "heavy handed approach."

3. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Yeeeaah, I agree with G-FETT. Not sure where you're getting this from, but it's entirely false. We're still hammering out who the mods even are. And "doomsday-esque scenario" is perhaps a bit overdramatic for a SW message board. 8-} ;)

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I concur. There's nothing to worry about. This source appears to be causing drama, because he/she either thinks it's funny or has a dislike for certain moderators.

5. Magical_Maestro

Dec 25, 2005
    It was a "late" night for me last night, so forgive me if I went drama-queen in that last post. But alas, it served it's purpose, and my concerns have now been salved upon reading your responses. :)

6. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005

Then don't say it.

Doomsday? Little heavy don't you think? Hey, I'm like any regular here. I have my mods I like, and one(s) I don't care for too much, but I don't think Armageddon is gonna come because of any of them.

7. Magical_Maestro

Dec 25, 2005
    Thx for the advice chozn1. [face_plain]

8. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    Well, we all knew that this was going to happen some day.

R.I.P 3SA [face_laugh]

Good Stuff

9. JediPriestess

JediPriestess Jedi Master star 4

Jul 28, 2004
    Ah but see, those were never favorites of mine either. I liked the ones that more leaning more towards the dark side myself.

10. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005

I feel sarcasm [face_plain]

:D

11. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    farewell. this is where i started in late 04/early 05. i will miss you 3SA @};-

12. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    One of my first PMs was from you, Conor (under a different name, mind you), asking for something, but I don't remember. Good times. :_|

13. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    For me the best time was July 2003 to July 2004. The film was still a way off, and so nothing was really set in stone, and the webcam ( [face_love] ) was still in its heyday.

I remember when every week when a new BTH picture came out there was a rush to post the subsequent discussion thread. :D

14. -Commander_Thigh-

-Commander_Thigh- Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2004
    And you never got your BTH of lots of senators in Palpatine's office with Palpatine himself lurking in the background.:( I remember, without fail, that you would post this in every speculation thread.

15. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I justed wanted to say bye to the 2SA, 3SA, and RotS. It was some of the most fun I've ever had. It was a pleasure to be a part of it all and the whole spoiler experience. :)

16. jastermedi

jastermedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 13, 2004
    I would also like to say goodbye.Posting on these spoiler threads has been a blast.
    Farewell...........

17. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Some weeks I didn't have to post it myself, plenty of folks began doing it for me! :p

18. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Well that put a big lump in my throat! :_| It really is all over isn't it? :_|

19. Master-obiwan

Master-obiwan Jedi Master star 1

Aug 13, 2004
    I just wanted to say that I have had a blast here. Mods you have done a real jam up job keeping this place clean. It sucks that it has to go...

Long live Obiwan.

20. bloodbrother23

bloodbrother23 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2005
    Wow, this is just another one of those things that needs to happen. I remember as if it were yesterday when I was looking at spoilers about the newest villain in ROTS or the new planets, it's very sad to see this happen, I find myself becoming more of a phantom to the boards then ever, having only bit the bullet and joined right before ROTS came out, I've been ocming here for years, and 3SA has been my unofficial homepage for so long now.

May the wind always be at your back, and the sun shining upon your face

21. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Man. Ouch. :(

I need one of these. [:D] From everyone.

I know I haven't been around lately, but with the movies over and things going on in my life I've really decided to take a break from it all. Expect me back in full force though when the television stuff starts. Those of you that know me know you can't wait for that. [face_love]

22. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Hey, Pooja. Long time no see.:)

Wow, where did the time go? I can't believe it's been almost four years since I started lurking here, and three since I started posting. My life sure has changed a lot since then. Since the time I registered here I've gotten married and had a son. I had a lot of fun here and will definitely miss all the excitement there was with every new spoiler or pic that came out.

23. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    Pooj, it's great to see you.
    Your positivity is much missed, my friend.
    I, for one, look forward to your return.

: )

Take a hug from me.

>>>> I justed wanted to say bye to the 2SA, 3SA, and RotS. It was some of the most fun I've ever had. It was a pleasure to be a part of it all and the whole spoiler experience.

And in response to that, I would just like to say a huge thank you to you and all of your team, Sape. You guys have done a fantastic job for us over the years, making this a wonderful place to come and spend our time.

I would also like to thank you and the other Mods, for allowing my thread There Is Still Good In Him.... to have the 'room to breath'; giving it the opportunity for more expansive discussion. That has been some of the most fun that I have ever had, and a special mention must go to Sinister also, for his expert moderating of said thread.

So thanks, basically. :)

And from one Kenobi fan to another, let me leave you with this, from Revenge:

"Good-bye, old friend. May the Force be with you."

[i]-- Obi-Wan Kenobi, StarWars, Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, 2005[/i][hr][/blockquote]

Cheers,

-JR :)

24. patico74

patico74 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2003
    i like the merge now i can talk about ot and question rotj as well

25. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    You could always talk about ROTJ in here as long as it related to ROTS. And you could ALWAYS talk about ROTJ in the CT forum, since that's part of it's entire purpose of existing. The PT forum has nothing to do with ROTJ unless it directly relates to the PT.

It isn't a difficult concept.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.