main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ROTS/PT Merge - February 6 - ATTN VIP's - No posting in this forum.

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by RebelScum77, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I'm going to miss this place. :( Sape, Roland, Sinister and GFETT and HLAS were the colors I was used to seeing everyday for a long time. And Pooja, gabe, Darthette, femme01, Naberrie_Skywalker, Jumpman, JR, DT421, Comander Thigh, and many more I'm sure I'm forgetting...all I can say is, "Good times". :cool:

2. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    We need all these people back and then some for television spoilers. It must be done. And there'll be a whole new generation of posters as well. I'm very excited by it. I just really needed to get away from it all; it was seriously consuming most of my time. That, and unsurprisingly enough I was 200% satisfied with the movie, and I knew that if I came around a lot after seeing it, I'd probably get banned for flaming - because as you guys remember from the spoiler era, it's my opinion - or no opinion.

In addition, I was sitting around here everyday not really doing much, and that was bad considering I've been in college the whole time. Scarily enough, I hadn't even chosen a major. That's bad. I've been spending nearly $10,000 every year on college without a targeted major, so that's really been a waste of money. But I have one chosen now, and things are going great.

Er, sorry about that. But I always did kind of consider this place just a bit more than just a place to talk about spoilers.

3. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I have't really given any thought to the TV series and what will happen as regards to spoilers and things - It just seems a LONG way off yet. If it does become a big issue and generates its own forum and things, I wouldn't mind coming back to moderate it one day, but I suspect it will a LONG time into the future before any decisions are made about how the Boards will handle the TV series, nevermind talking about moderators. And then theres no reason in the world why MS should want me back. ;)

As for the comments about the moderating team on this board, I can't speak for the others, but for me personally, the pleasure was all mine. YOU guys were the ones that made it fun. :)

4. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Well, whenever it happens, I'll be here.

*cracks knuckles*

5. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Out of interest, do we have a rough estimate for when the TV series will begin post production and when its scheduled to actually hit TV screens? :)

6. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I was under the impression that it would be on television sometime in 2007, but things change.

7. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    Well the Live Action TV Series will most likely come out in 2008 but it might come out in 2007 and the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series is supposed to come out in Fall 2007. The Clone Wars 3D Animated Series has already begun pre-production and the Live Action TV Series is expected to begin Pre-Production this month but I think that plan has changed but who knows? Check the links below for info on the Star Wars Live Action TV Series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_live-action_TV_series#External_links

http://starwars.wikicities.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Live-Action_TV_Series

The links below have info on the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Clone_Wars#3-D_run

http://starwars.wikicities.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Clone_Wars

8. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    I presume all of the Motee reports will be archived when the Forums merge...?
    Some of the best discussion went on in there - it was like someone had been shown a tiny corner of a painting; was trying to describe it to us, and then we were trying to work out what the whole picture would look like just from that.
    It's amazing how different people wanted this film to be and how differently they imagined it.
    Hell, some of us still do after seeing the damn thing...

9. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    This whole forum will be archived. :)

10. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Except for the victims of the auto-pruner...

11. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Hey, thanks for all those links. :)

I've got to say "The Live Action" series sounds really interesting. Just reading all those snippits has kind of got me a little excited about Star Wars all over again. I like the; "Darker, grittier" comment from the Rickmiester. :D

Hopefully when the series officially goes into production the "powers that be" Will get some sort of forum up and running for it. Of course, we already have a Small Screen forum, so we probably won't need a new forum at all. =D=

12. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Your welcome.

13. Holocron_Collector

Holocron_Collector Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2001
    So I'm back just in time for the end of 3SA. What a bummer. Some good times were had here, especially modding when the trailer bootleg first came out. ;)

14. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    TFN, the time has come. Execute forums: TVSA and TVNS.

(It's time to move the hype into the television realm. Let's get our TV series spoiler/non-spoiler forums going!)

15. PrinceEspaaValorum

PrinceEspaaValorum Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    Spoilers for the live action TV series might not rival that for any of the films, but it still would cause a lot of interest. I guess the spoilers could be on every episode, but the ones to generate most interest would be on the series premiere, season premieres, season finales, and series finale. I'm a big STNG and X-Files fan, and it'd be great if SWTV is up there with them in popularity with the general public, not to mention us addicts.

16. Darth_Sideous

Darth_Sideous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    I'll tell you what, guys (and ladies), I have REALLY enjoyed my time at the 3SA. I wasn't spoiled at all for TPM, and just a little for AOTC. This time around, I went for full spoilage, and I just plain had a blast. Lots of good info, lots of good leaked material, and even the info that was wrong was interesting. It was fun throwing out all of our theories. I could have sworn that Anakin would be banned from the order (NOT named to the councel by Palps), and I figured Sidious would give Vader a huge force beat-down. I was wrong about alot of things, and even some theories that we thought were right ended up being wrong. It was so much fun, though.

Thanks for the ride!

DS

17. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Oh definitely, the television series will be a whole different ballgame as far as spoilers go. But you know, since it won't really be a three year wait between each episode :p I'm not sure I'd really want/need to be spoiled. I'd just like to have this gang back to discuss it, no matter what.

18. PrinceEspaaValorum

Jan 30, 2005
    Yeah, you're right. I think most of the spoiler fireworks will lead up to the season premier. After that, it's continued discussion.

19. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    That's kind of like the lead up to the movies since the TV Series will probably not be realeased until 2008.

20. PrinceEspaaValorum

Jan 30, 2005
    Excellent!!!:) So, with that, the 3D animated TV series, the 3D Star Wars, there is still reason to live. I guess the buildup will kinda resemble what we have been going through with the PT.

Speaking of which, I remember when ROTS Non-spoilers and 3SA were getting going while AOTC was still our latest love affair. And it was slow around here. Then, it picked up dramatically and blew past AOTC. As it stands, AOTC never quite got to 500,000 messages, and the good forum that was 3SA will cease to exist not quite having reached 3,000,000 messages.

21. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    That's why we need to open up a TVSA and TVNS forum.

22. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Actually they are probably just just going to keep it in the SSSW forum. I think threads will have to be labeled clearly either non-spoiler or spoiler though. You could PM the mods of the SSSW forum and they will probably answer your questions.

23. Darth_Manic

Darth_Manic Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2005
    It's like an end of an era.

24. DARTH-SHREDDER

DARTH-SHREDDER Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 6, 2005
    Man, this was the first forum I ever posted in and ever liked. I posted in this forum a lot right after the release of ROTS. Although I have moved on now to the Senate and the YJCC, I will definately be sad to see this place go. :(

25. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    I remember registering back in Dec 04 for ROTS spoilers. I rarely posted, but I have to admit, I admired Pooja.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.