main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ROTS/PT Merge - February 6 - ATTN VIP's - No posting in this forum.

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by RebelScum77, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I can't believe I was 19 when I first started posting here. I'll be 23.

2. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    Happy early B-day

3. -DarthMetallus-

-DarthMetallus- Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2003
    NOOOOOO!!!! This has been the board for the past couple years. I've seen so many threads come and go. From the choose your adventure to the Sidious clone theorys, this board has been so awesome. I am truly sad to see it go.

IM GONNA MISS YOU 3SA!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Fox4

Fox4 Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    Wow..just wow.Goodbye 3SA.:_|

5. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    >>>> After much debate, I'm going over to PT.

[Kenobi]Thats, good news.[/Kenobi] :)

-JR :)

6. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    I remember the first thread I made in here, about 21-B being in ROTS. Unlikelely they all said at the time, except for one guy, Grilled-Sarlacc.

Good times.

7. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    I recall seeing 2-1B in the finished film, but this "21-B" is a mystery to me... :p

8. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    3SA came about in 2002, I believe.

9. Get_in_Gear

Nov 29, 2004
    Heh - and mine's the 10th.
    Happy Early Birthday, everyone...

:)

10. ImperialMarchFace

ImperialMarchFace Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Mine's the 12th. Happy B-Day everyone!

11. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    It's time to move onto a new era in Star Wars. We're going to get the Star Wars Live Action TV Series and the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series. BTW why don't more of you guys post in the SSSW forum?

12. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003

Well I might as well go ahead then - Mine's the 11th. Happy early Birthday to you guys.

Sad to see the ROTS forum go.

13. ImperialMarchFace

ImperialMarchFace Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    The Force is strong in February...

14. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    :( I'll miss ROTS.

15. Fox4

Fox4 Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    Don't worry, you'll always have me.:p

16. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    Why are people sad? You can still talk about ROTS at the PT forum when this forum shuts down.

17. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    The Star Wars Live Action TV Series and Clone Wars 3D Animated Series is coming out also.

18. CaptainNick

CaptainNick Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 27, 2005
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v706/CaptainNick/signramble.gif]

Well... it's been a couple (ok, quite a few) months since I last posted on this board. I've been dropping in from time to time, just to see what's being talked about. I feel that lately I have not spent enough time around this place.

And now the 3SA is about to vanish... or be merged... or whatever. I'd like to take the time to remember the greatness that was the 3SA...

I was a late-comer to the 3SA. I began my lurking days in Sept '04. I hung around for months gathering all of the spoiler info I could. I was particularly intrigued by JW Titus' novelization of Ep.III based off of the spoilers. I waited with bated breath for each of his updates. In addition to that, I noted how much fun people were having on the 3SA, and in January '05, I decided to join.

And join I did. And oh, how many memories there were. The 3SA kept me up till 3:00am many days, despite early classes the next day. But it was all fun. Here are some of the best memories from that spoiler-rich period.

-JW Titus' fan novel... this was the reason I joined in the first place. I can't say enough about this novelization. It was made before the movie was released, and on many levels is better than the movie will ever be (even though i thoroughly enjoyed the movie). If you can find a copy floating around READ IT!

-The night the Peruvian trailer leaked... one night, perhaps in March '05, a theatre in Peru accidentally played the full Episode III trailer days before its official release. Thanks to the marvel of the internet, the trailer leaked to us anxious fans. Although extremely dark, and near impossible to make out, it was what we had waited years for. I tip my hat to the mods for the policing they had to do that night.

-The day the official soundtrack was leaked... about three weeks before the official release of the soundtrack it was, of course, leaked onto the internet. I had it downloaded and burned to CD in an hour. I still bought the soundtrack afterwards.

-Troll threads... man, oh man... though discussing Star Wars provided countless hours of fun, nothing could compare to nights when troll threads kept popping up. These provided very good exercise for my sharp, sharp wit. And my endless collection of pictures I used to assault the trolls, and elicit laughs from others. I can't count the number of times I pulled out the good old
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v706/CaptainNick/trollaway.jpg]

-I have so many more memories, but I've rambled on long enough...

Lastly, to the mods - the keepers of peace and justice in the forum - thanks. I see that some are no longer mods on this board... but I'll always remember them as they were: darth-sinister, RolandofGilead, Dehrian, DarthSapient, HookLineAndSinker, and of course the venerable BobTheGoon.

As for me... I think that I will move to either the PT forums, or the TV Show section, seeing as that is where the new spoilers will be. Perhaps I will hang around both.

Now, goodbye 3SA... may you rest in peace. Thanks for the good times.

And for the last time...

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v706/CaptainNick/ibtlMatrix.jpg]

IBTL!

May the force be with you all...

19. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Yeah but it's all about the memories of a (what I consider to be) a golden age right from the film's principal photography right through to release.

20. Get_in_Gear

Nov 29, 2004
    Laziness.
    I may be darkening the doorsteps of other threads with my presence from now on though...

21. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    It's always good to get more people to post in the SSSW forum since the SSSW forum is not that busy yet.

22. JFKIII

JFKIII Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 23, 2005
    I'm also 23. Also, one of, if not my favorite rock frontmen, Axl Rose, was born february 6. So from now on I'll always associate the beginning of the new merged forum(s) with axl's 44th birthday :)-

23. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    Shame to see the 3SA go, it will be missed. :_|

24. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Oooh this is sad :(

This actually was the forum that made me come out of lurking here for years to register :D ... it def was a fantastic run, and it's full of great memories for me :)

=D=

[face_peace]

25. JediPriestess

JediPriestess Jedi Master star 4

Jul 28, 2004
    Well I wanted to stop by and say one last good bye to this section of TFN.. Had some fun here, pulled my hair out here. Some of my fondest memories involved waiting for the BTH's to get posted on Thursday and the webdocs coming out around the first of the month. Sitting around while the webcam was up and making note of anyone showing up on the camera! LOL Found memories if the inantimate carbon rod and the unforgettable BTH of the outside grass at the studios remind me of much laughter and complaing. Loved Titus's novel, loved alot of the fan trailers too. Motee & Tern postings were always a reason to celebrate as they usually had some good stuff.

Loved the mods keeping the peace, even the time I got my first official warning for saying "bite me" to someone. [face_laugh] Got a big kick out of the fan girls Darthette and Naberrie_Skywalker every day. And Berrie remains a close friend. :)

Adios 3SA, was fun while it lasted. =D= [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.