Read, PA ROTS Reactions! (Spoiler Alert)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediSoccerDad, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediSoccerDad Jedi Master

star 3
    Well, if you are like me, you will be going through every moment through you head after you see ROTS & for the next month, as you continue to see it. Over, and over, and over, and over..again.. [face_hypnotized]

So..

Spill it all.. :p

Reactions? What you liked? What you disliked? Who you threw popcorn at? etc.. 8-}
  2. JediSoccerDad Jedi Master

star 3
    Wow.

::passes out from total rush::
  3. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    I'm too tired to post an elaborate review at this hour, so I'll make it simple for now...

EXCELLENT!
  4. JediSoccerDad Jedi Master

star 3
    Ok, now that my son felt that 4 hours was enough sleep [face_tired] , I shall give my review.. :p

Excellent is a good way to begin. =D=

From the beginning scene, which I thought was second only to ESB, it was incredible. The beginning, which I mentioned, hooked me with the flight sequence from the point of view of the pilot & then moving into a kick a@$ space scene!

It just kept rolling from there..

Nice character buliding. I thought they 'fleshed out' secondary characters like Mace good, which I wasn't expecting..

The whole Padme / Anakin 'thing' wasn't as forced as I felt it was in AOTC.

NO CHEESY HUMOR LINES!

I think I only saw Jar Jar in 1 scene & he didn't talk!!!!! Great move, Mr. Lucas!

The duels were all that I hoped for! Really enjoyed Anakin / Dooku beheading.. Super cold. [face_skull]

Above all else, I loved all the homages to the OT (Example, end scene looking at the two suns with baby luke) & all the connections to ANH (Example, Leia's Blockade Runner)

So, where does it fall in 'my' ranking..?

I would say 4th..

I still like the OT better, even ROTJ.., but it comes very close to taking ROTJ & being 3rd..

Rob..
  5. Wesmin7 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sadly enough it is MUCH easyer for me to pick out bad parts of a movie as compaired to good parts.

Let me point this point forward I did enjoy the movie very much, was on the edge of my seat with my mouth hanging wide open at certain times (when the new Lord Vader burst into flames). But there were some oddities that I'll point out to you all:

1.Driods driods driods, we're driods and we're going to make noises, even if they're stupid and get on your nerves. now I'm talking about driods other then R2 and 3PO here, oh man R2 kicked ass, he's gotta be the coolest driod ever, anywho, I found the talking 'bad' driods annoying and stupid, instead of funny... in TPM they were funny, but in here they were stupid.

2.The Begining of the movie felt rushed... (and I'm not talking about the awsome first battle...though speaking of that that brings me back to driods being stupid those little bug driods on the 2 jedi's ships were stupid and could have been left out) I'm talking about the whole OH it's a battle OH we're having a baby OH now lucas is throwing someone else at us, it felt rushed, maybe cause it's war time, or maybe because they deleted scenes that were important to pacing, and without them for me at least the begining feals very rushed.

3.The IDIOT captain of the one evil ship in the first battle, WHO CAST HIM AS A VOICE ACTOR *throws up* this is another example of TPM-type humor creaping in again. Someone thought HEY it was in TPM lets put it in again but change it... This time it was just stupid

4. ...and speaking of that, I noticed a very firmilar looking hallway where Anakin and Obi Wan ran into 'destroyer driods' that was completely similar to the when Obi Wan and Qui-Gon run into them and need to do a lil force-speed outta the way when they had said 'It's a stand off'

5.Jumping around the movie a bit i know, but that's the way my train of thought goes. Speaking of Qui-Gon they just threw that in near the end with yoda telling him he has aquired training for him when Obi-Wan's living as a hermit on Tatooine.

6.A few last things... Frankenstin much? the "Nooooooo!" Scene was sorta cool in the whole crushing of random driods and surroundings, but all-in all stupid. And was it ET leaving Chewy on Kashyyyk or Yoda, that little space pod was f'ed up. Speaking of Space ships, the fighters GOD LUCAS stop trying to make as MANY ties as possible between the OT's and the PT's there will be enough in the story-line naturally without trying to make things that at first look like Episode 2 ships and then fold out to sorta look like Tie Fighters and at the end are practically tie fighters (one of the near-to-ending scenes) And don't get my started on the Stupid Tri-foils 4-wings=cool 6=lame.

7.Well that's as much sorta 'dissing' of Episode 3 as i can take for now, If i remember other random little things i didn't Like I'll post them later. but All around it still was an Awsome Movie.

Edit:I just remembered Windu's dieing scene, cool lay-out of the scene in general but COME ON some of the lines, gah; the lines were all a bit to corney for my tastes.
  6. Crazed_Ewok Jedi Knight

star 3
    http://swgb.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=11,8273,0,365

Read that for my opinions.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.