main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ROTS sets new 'Fastest to $300 m record'

Discussion in 'Archive: Ann Arbor, MI' started by Idgie, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    According to Box Office Mojo,ROTS has set a new record for being the fastest movie to earn $300 million domestically,a record previously held by 'Shrek 2'.'Shrek 2' took 18 days to reach the 300 million mark and ROTS took 17 days. [face_dancing]

Chew on that one,bashers! :D

2. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2002
    Yes! Next stop: Highest grossing film ever!

3. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    Weesa ready to do us-sen part! :D

4. YodasBrownEyedGirl

YodasBrownEyedGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2003
    Gee, What happened to all of the prequel movies haters. I thought these movies were soooooo terrible. What a shocker? Everyone loves this movie. I personally loved the first two movies. But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

The real question is how many times have you all seen it so far as part of the contributing factor of this record?

To date - 6 times. Must beat my record of 8 times for AOTC. OR was it 9? Now, I've got to go back and look at my ticket stubs.

5. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2002
    Four times. I need to beat my record of 6 (I think) times for TPM.

6. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    'Gee, What happened to all of the prequel movies haters?'

Probably doing what they did for the last two movies...feverishly trying to come up with their own explanations for why it's doing so well(like,'the only reason people are going to see ROTS is because that J-Lo/J-Fo movie keeps selling out'). :p

The SW Basher's Saga is really only one movie anyway,not 6.You can take out Ep's I,II,and III because they all have Jar Jar in them.Ep.IV is out because of Greedo shooting first and CGI Jabba,and ROTJ doesn't count either because of the puppets and Ewoks.So really,the Basher Saga is only ESB.

...and not that crappy SE where Luke screams at the end.Oh,and you can take out the part where Luke kisses Leia,and Yoda was a puppet so he's out,too(see ROTJ whining for reasons why puppets aren't cool).So it looks like it's only about the middle 45 minutes or so.That's it,that's the SW Basher's Saga...the middle 45 minutes of ESB. :D

7. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    This weekend was another good one for ROTS,bringing its domestic total to $358,606,000 and earning it the #10 spot on the list of top grossing movies of all time(not adjusted).That means that 3 out of the 10 are SW films and two of those are Prequels. [face_dancing]

http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/domestic.htm

Screw the bashers. [face_laugh]

8. YodasBrownEyedGirl

Feb 18, 2003
    Well, I have made my record of 8 times. I need to bet that so I will need to see it at least one more time.
    Idgie and I went to see it over the weekend and there was still quite a crowd even though it was in a smaller theater.
    Let's keep those dollars rolling in to get it up to the $400 million mark. :D

9. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    With its current domestic box office take totalling $370,819,000 ROTS has taken the #9 spot on the list of top-grossing movies. [face_dancing]

10. YodasBrownEyedGirl

Feb 18, 2003
    Went and saw it again. Broke my record. =D=
    There was still a crowd for the movie. Can't wait to see where it ends up in the top ten once it ends up going out of the theater. :_| :(

11. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    Despite impressive openings from 'Charlie and the Chocalate Factory', 'The Wedding Crashers' and the new Harry Potter book,ROTS had another good week which brought its current domestic total to $373,848,000 and moving it up to #8 in the Top 10.

I see that the 2nd highest grossing film of this year is 'War of the Worlds' with about $192 million.That's quite a gap,but WoW is still fairly new.Still,it's looking like ROTS won't have any real competition until winter.

12. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    With its current domestic total sitting at $377,118,000,ROTS has taken the #7 spot previously held by 'The Return of the King'.

Sorry Aragorn,but Vader rules! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.