main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ROTS similarities to the rest of the saga

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by DarthWolvo23, Aug 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWolvo23

DarthWolvo23 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    Some similarities i have noticed in ROTS:

ROTJ: obviously, it starts with a rescue mission. Also the anakin-dooku battle is clearly a reference to the luke-vader battle right down to the chanchellor/emporers chair. Especially note the way anakin kicks dooku over a balcony much like luke does to vader aboard the second death star.

TESB: "i am your father"

in ROTS we get an inkling that sidious may have in fact created anakin. Although i dont believe this is actually the case the story was a good twist on the most famous line of the OT. Also, elements of the kashyyk battle mirror elements of the hoth battle (trenches, giant walking machines etc). Lets not forget the vader on the bridge of the star destroyer scene either.

ANH: obi's "uncivilised" quip neatly tying in to his "more civillised age" speech. The tatooine sunset, Tarkin

I have noticed how, as the film progresses we move thru elements that reflect each film in th OT BACKWARDS until at the end we are where we started with ANH.

2. DarthWolvo23

Jan 30, 2005
    lest we forget: the Boga screech & the screech obi1 uses to scare off the tuskens in ANH

3. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    All of the films contain connections, similarities, and parallels. Revenge of the Sith isn't unique in this regard. For that reason, I don't understand why we would discuss this topic in a forum dedicated to discussion of all six films. It seems like this would be more fitting for the Revenge of the Sith forum.

Thanks
    Seldon

4. DarthWolvo23

Jan 30, 2005
    ah, seldon we meet again ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.