main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ROTS soundtrack conspiracy

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Bladeborn, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bladeborn

Bladeborn Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2004
    Back when the info about the ROTS soundtrack was first released, I went looking around to all the websites that sold the album, and looked at the track listings. On some of them, it listed a track called "I am the Senate", and on others, this track was absent. My friend sent me the track and it was really good, definitely one of the best tracks for episode III. When it came time for the movie though, I didn't notice it in there, and I saw the movie twice. Recently I stumbled upon an old trailer to the movie "Nixon" (John Williams did the score to this), and to my surprise, the song playing in the background of the trailer is "I am the senate". The trailer can be found here http://hollywoodrecords.go.com/Soundtracks/Nixon/nixon_video.html . I then checked all the websites that I could think of that carry the soundtrack, and I didn't see a single "I am the Senate". I did a search for it on limewire and got tons of results, each on saying it was from the ROTS soundtrack. Any one know anything about this?

Jamie

2. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Moving to the Music forum.

3. MR_YODA_

MR_YODA_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2005
    I bought the soundtrack today and it has no such piece of music, it probably was going to be in the film but was cut out at the last minute.

4. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    That track is in the film. It starts with Anakin's take-off (using the Force theme) and ends with Mace's death.

You cannot get a copy of this track. Anything claiming to be "I Am the Senate" on Limewire is a fake.

5. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Yes, to cerrabore you listen.

6. Zarm_Rkeeg

Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2003
    However, it is circulating on some file-sharing programs. (Not that I'm advocating getting a copy on there like *cough* 'a friend of mine' did, but it does exist out there somewhere.)

7. --Darth_Ganondorf--

--Darth_Ganondorf-- Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2003
    The real "I Am the Senate" is unreleased, and is the cue Cerrabore speaks of. However, you are right, and the "I Am the Senate" you speak of isn't in the movie at all. Now, back in April there was a track floating around the net that claimed to be "I Am the Senate". However, it wasn't, and it turned out to be something from "Nixon" instead (the main titles I think, but I could be wrong). Now using my memory to connect the dots, the "I Am the Senate" you got was that same track from "Nixon" that was floating around in April. Hence, it was used in the "Nixon" trailer.

8. Bladeborn

Bladeborn Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2004
    I see, thanks for clearing this up

9. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    Wow, it really IS a conspiracy, then!:eek:

"My friend" thinks it sound pretty John Williams-ish, though. (It sounds like it even has a snippet of the Love Across the Stars theme, but it's not exact...) It's 5:03, and I'll see if we can't compare it to the Nixon track.

10. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    John Williams composed Nixon and "Across the Stars" is said to be derivative of it.

11. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    Gotcha. I think even my skeptical 'friend' is convinced, now. A conspiracy indeed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.