[ROTS] Soundtrack discussion

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Mr. P, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marajadebean Jedi Knight

star 2
    If I recall right, they first time we here that particular cue of music in the PT is in AOTC when we are first shown the Clones? Can anyone back me up on this? I seem to recall this is the case. My gut just says it is so. It would make sense then, considering now the Clones have turned against the Jedi at that point. I think Kas you just hit on one of the subtle changes that ROTS has made on the PT, along with the music for Padme's funeral (also Qui-Gon's).
  2. JediPrincessKas Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I love the funeral music too. It's so powerful, and the choir work is beautiful, but I also love the music playing during the actual funeral procession (same music, just without the voices and it's played in a different section of the orchestra, it sounds like). Is that on the soundtrack? Maybe I just missed it, since I haven't listened to the whole thing in a while.

And I'm not sure about hearing that theme from AOTC first when the clones are introduced. You may be right, but someone is borrowing my AOTC dvd at the moment so I can't check. :(
  3. Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    If I recall right, they first time we here that particular cue of music in the PT is in AOTC when we are first shown the Clones?

That's incorrect. The music for the clones marching on the Jedi Temple is "The Arena" from AotC, most of which was not used in the movie (it was meant to score the first part of the arena battle, where it is just the three main heroes against the arena monsters). The music when Obi-Wan first sees the clone army in AotC is the Federation March, which was the theme for the droid army in TPM.
  4. qui_gon_jinn_83 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I don't think the funeral procession is on the CD. Pity, it's beautiful!

I really like the music when we see Vader and Palps on the Star destroyer. The Qui-Gon funeral music theme, with the Imperial march inside it. It's crazy, but it sounds really nice.
  5. stormcloud8 Force Ghost

star 4
    Saw it again today, and the music is what really gets me choked up. The mournful portions of the Order 66 music in particular, are perfect. As were the funeral and some other portions.

Very suprised that the emotional parts still get to me after 3 viewings.
  6. marajadebean Jedi Knight

star 2
    Okay, thanks Jeff for clarifying that AOTC cue for me and Kas. I didn't remember, I was just going off the top of my head. I knew we heard it in AOTC, I just didn't know where. I haven't watched AOTC since I've seen ROTS so I would believe that now hearing that music will add a more foreboding edge to AOTC, which I felt already had a lot in it.

Storm, you hit on a good point. The music, combined with the visuals, just makes me cry. I know it's coming but it doesn't matter. I still cry. I'm so pleased with the musical mix in ROTS. Really truly pleased. It is rather a shame the Order 66 music and Padme's funeral/intro to Death Star aren't on the CD. Considering the success of the movie, I would believe it would be in Sony Classical's best interest to give us an Ultimate Edition. [face_praying]
  7. stormcloud8 Force Ghost

star 4
    I think the Order 66 music is in on the CD, isn't it? Yes, it is "Anakin's Betrayal." I just put it on to verify. I think it is the most haunting piece of Star Wars music to date, and yet somehow it still feels like a Star Wars song. Wonderful.

(my eyes still watered some on 3rd viewing, not too ashamed to say...)
  8. jMo_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    I haven't read through the entire thread because I don't have time so I don't know if this has been mentioned, but based on the movie itself, I really liked how John Williams ties in the music to the OT to make it more of a continuous loop. We see the music develop over the entire saga and it makes the whole thing work remarkably well. Well, at least in my point of view...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.