ROTS Speculation thread **NO SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Arkansas' started by otisdodge, Feb 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, okay, I am okay with minor spoilers like character names and trailers...

I'll start.

Is Anakin Darth Vader before the suit?

Is he DV before the duel with Obi-Wan?

Do you think or hope he will use a red blade before the suit?

**REMEMBER--NO SPOILERS!**

PS. I know there is a spoiler section and a non-spoiler section of TFN for this kind of thing, but I don't leave the AR and Memphis boards much and would like to generate more conversation and fellowship here in the AR boards. TALK, PEOPLE! :cool:
  2. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It's kind'a hard to talk about it if it's 'spoiler free' :p hehehehe

And answering those questions would be spoiling it hehehe

Though I actually know the answers to those ;) hehehe

(edit: Jeez... I juz noticed I 'hehehe'd' at the end of each of those. 8-} Man makes ya wonder if I'm crazy today. Well having munchkin probs and trying to keep what lil hair in my head (resulting from numerous pullings) I'm surprised I haven't gone nutzo! hehehehe)
  3. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Okay, I'll take a stab at some of these since I haven't been paying much attention to the spoilers.

I do believe Anakin is DV before the suit. I've always imagined ol' Palps knighting him as DV long before he dons the suit. So, I guess that answers the question "is he DV before the duel" as well.

I really would like to see a red blade simply for the "good vs. bad" we all love. I dunno. It'll probably be blue vs. blue, but I sure hope it is red.
  4. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    blue vs blue I hope, but red would be sweeeeeeet ;) though probably gonna be blue. All though that DOESN'T mean he ain't got the red synthesized crystal(s) prior though ;) who knows (this I don't really know... hehehe) maybe he has two sabers *snrk* one for 'Jedi' mode and the other for 'Sith' mode one never knows!! ;)

As for being DV prior to the suit... I can't say anything cuz it would be a spoiler. ;)

(edits: hard to not spoil... must not spill the beans. Fear not I won't)
  5. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Yeah, I honestly think he'll be DV before the duel. I mean, it just makes sense to me. If he's DV, there's no turning back (or see we think until ROTJ). But I believe once he is gone that far becoming DV, a duel with Obi-Wan is the only viable option for the ending scenario.
  6. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, if I were writing it he might not be Darth Vader before the suit, but he would be sith-in-training and would have a red blade, because I think it would be cool.
    In fact, back before ROTS even had a name or a release date or even principle photography finished I imagined a scenario in my head that would give Dark Ani two red blades for a while. In my scenario there is a confrontation between Dooku and Windu and Windu bites it. Then Anakin (whether he was there as a witness or later chases down Dooku for it doesn't matter) kills Dooku for revenge and takes his blade. We all know that he has started down the dark path, but when he kills Dooku in a rage and takes his trophy, he embraces the dark side. Sidious seeks Anakin out, maybe without revealing his true identity and teaches him Sith lore and gives him a red crystal for his blade and until the debacle with the lava he uses both blades. When he duels Obi-Wan he starts the battle with both red blades but loses, of course, in which case he loses the Dooku blade.
  7. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sweet idea there! Hey you should do a AU lil viggie on that! A little one poster! :) Folks would love to read it! I know I would! :D :D Even if my baby dies in it! :_| hehehe ;)
  8. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks!

I would love to, but I don't have time to write and I am no good at dialogue. I may try to write it and finish another story I am working on after school gets out but before ROTS.
  9. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    Accidentally found a spoiler on this topic. If you are interested, look at the package for the Mustafar Playset. Now that it was shown at Toy Fair pics of it are all over the net.
  10. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Well, I stumbled upon a link to this site that contains immense spoilers. After viewing roughly half the pics there I had to stop because I didn't want to spoil myself to badly.

WARNING: If you're a spoilerific cheese-ball, check it out before it gets taken down. Otherwise, you've been warned!!
  11. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    ___M___U___S___T______R___E___S___I___S___T___!!!
  12. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    I was amazed at how high quality some of those pics are. You can tell that stuff is legit.
  13. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well to tell the truth I nearly cried on pic #22/23! :( I'm so gonna during the movie!!

Those were spectacular pics!!
  14. obehavekenobi Jedi Knight

Please don't come any closer to giving clues in this thread please. Start a spoiler thread if you must, but don't do it here. [face_shhh] [-o|
  15. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  16. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    The only thing I can think of that contains spoilers is that link above. If you clicked on it without reading the whole post, then yeah, you probably were spoiled. **NO SPOILERS** is regarding this thread - i.e., references in posts; not links out of it. Besides, everyone was warned about where that link would take you. If you didn't read it, oops! ;)

Just for the sake of clarity, I'll bold the warning.
  17. obehavekenobi Jedi Knight

I appreciated your using the warning. I didn't follow the link. But when y'all started talking vaguely about the contents of the link I got a little worried. :D Sorry. I didn't want to stifle your conversation either, so start a spoiler thread if you want. I am just trying to encourage discussion in here--trying to build relationships of trust and fellowship among our little community--hoping that maybe some of the people who don't post in here regularly will join in, too.

Okay, here is another question, related to spoilers I have unwittingly heard, but I don't consider the basis of the question to be a spoiler because it has to do with the contents of the teaser trailer.

If you are completely spoiler free, including trailers and other official movie news, don't read this question:

Why does Sidious look the way he does? If he is indeed Chancellor Palpatine like we all believe, what changes him into that monster, or how does he disguise himself into looking like the mild-mannered Senator/Chancellor?

Speculate.
  18. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It is somewhere (can't remember where...in actual documented) about Palps Master finding the way to slow the aging process...not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. Palps supposedly learns how to 'cheat death' like his old Master. But whether that is juz rumor and/or fan fic. Me se nada.

But hopefully it'll be explained in Ep III. I am soooo curious about that too :)

Opps also forgot to mention that using the Dark Side in itself causes the body to age/break down easier. Specially if you allow it to fully consume you all the time. I'm thinking why it hasn't done anything to Dooku cuz he's never 'fully' allowed it to take control like Sid does in the OT movies.

Even the RPG mentions the Dark Side takes it's toll on a person/being.
  19. obehavekenobi Jedi Knight

But in his Palpatine persona is he using the force to make everyone think he looks fine or is it a mask or makeup. When he finally shows his true self in E3 will it be because he can--ie. nothing will be able to stop him by that point, or because acting as a Sith makes his true self show?
  20. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I was thinking he was using it for masking his 'true' self and since it's sorta out in the open doesn't need to hide his 'true' self any longer. Cuz he had to mask his 'aura' from the Jedi all the time. Maybe when masking his 'aura' it also masked his 'true' self.

But that's juz speculation on my part as to why he looks differ towards the end and in OT. Well he is like 60ish now in RotS cuz he was 50ish in TPM.

Guess we'll find out ;)
  21. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    But that's juz speculation on my part as to why he looks differ towards the end and in OT. Well he is like 60ish now in RotS cuz he was 50ish in TPM.

That's true. I suppose he'd be in his 80's by ANH. But, I believe Palps is really old isn't he? Is he even human? Guess I'll have to check out the OS to see if it says anything regarding his race, etc.
  22. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    He's supposedly human and actually from Naboo. He is 50 during TPM as Qui is 60. [face_laugh] Yep Qui is older ;) which I thought Ironic...

And Dooku (who is arrogant [face_love]) is allowing a 'younger' man to be his Master? Desperate times cause for desparate means. He wanted to right the Republic... but got washed under the roll of the power. His wants have blinded him to the ultimate plan of Sidious. Poor thing... he was used juz as Anakin/Vader is/was. :(
  23. obehavekenobi Jedi Knight

Well, I have heard rumors about extreme age with Sidious, but didn't know if it was EU crap or spoilers. If it is spoilerific info, don't let me know. I would prefer to think it is speculation or EU crap until I see the movie.
    Personally I think extreme age is a lame plot. I think the Sith order is much more interesting if they actually have managed to stay secret for a millenium master to apprentice, passing along the evil message. Sorta like the Dan Brown version of the Holy Grail.
  24. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    As far as I know... after reviewing the databank on the www.starwars.com site. That is how it has gone on for centuries. It has been passed on to M/A and they have kept it a secret. It juz has taken somebody with a heckuva charisma and patience (Palps/Sid) to eventually work things out/or things fell into place. Cuz that's how it has happened. Maul to Dooku and so on. And the Republic fallinging into his hands after the TPM incident.

Sid/Palps got lucky ;) though planning/scheming was involved and LOOOOTS of it. :D I soooo am enjoying Palps prior to OT!!!
  25. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    As Mace Windu would say: "Palps is one bad mutha..... but, I'm still da real bad mutha." [face_laugh]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.