main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA *ROTS: Thoughts and opinions*

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mystical, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Yes Sifo-Dyas was actually a jedi that died and that his name was used to order the clones but alot of people are saying this jedi died during TPM due to the certain quotes that mace,obi wan and also yoda so it maybe no other than qui gon who was the apprentice to tyranus/dooku

2. IceManHG

IceManHG Jedi Master star 1

Feb 22, 2005
    your saying Qui Gon was Sith?

3. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Qui-Gon was apprentice to Dooku before Dooku left the Jedi Order. You have to remember that Qui-Gon was supposed to be in his 60s, so his padawan years would have been 40+ years ago.

Qui-Gon is referred to as the "grey" Jedi by George Lucas because he follows the Force and goes against the Council - which is too closely tied to the politics of the Republic. Obi-Wan tells him in Ep I that he could be on the council if he only followed the rules; but Qui-Gon doesn't want to play politics.

And yes, Michael, I call myself Grey Jedi because of my hair. :p

4. TarikJanis

TarikJanis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2003
    If you guys are curious about who Sypho-dias is I suggest going and picking up a book called "Labryith of Evil" its the prequel book to ROTS...Its what happens right before ROTS....its a little different then what happens in the Clone Wars cartoon....but they explain who Sypho-Dias was....

~Tommy

5. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Well technically, the last five chapters of Clone Wars are canon according to GL.

6. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    My thoughts and opinions also are some people must have some good eye sight that they can pick out certain people in the film like anthony daniels is in there (yes I know he is c3po :p) as someone else but people have picked out george lucas and his daughter and other people throughout the film.

7. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I picked out his daughter and Jet Lucas, but I didn't know George himself was in it.

8. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    This was posted on the uk boards

George and one of his daughters as Anakin enters Palpatine's booth at the opera/ballet thing.

Anthony Daniels on the stairs as Anakin runs up to Palpatine's booth.

Nick Gillard/Mousy McCallum in the hologram that Obi-Wan watches in the Jedi Temple. I believe that Mousy is the female Jedi Anakin grabs around the throat, Bene, and Nick is the long haired jedi character with his back to us in that same piece of hologram, Cin Drallig (note the backwards spelling of his name).

YT13000 (Falcon?) flying towards the senate landing area bottom right just after the shuttle carrying Anakin, Obi-Wan and Palpatine has gone past.

Jett Lucas as the padawan kicking clone trooper ass when Bail arrives at the Jedi Temple.

MON MOTHMA - hence why she stays in the credit. Long shot after the shuttle with Anakin, Obi-Wan and Palpatine lands with all the senators lined up. You can clearly see her red hair and the distinctive costume in the crowd of senators. Jar Jar is also there and does have a line, something like, "sorry" when someone tells him to move.

9. TarikJanis

Jun 11, 2003
    Well technically, the last five chapters of Clone Wars are canon according to GL.

Yes clone wars was the canon story line, and I liked the clone wars better than the book. But the clone wars cartoon still didn't explain who Sypho-Dias was...this book does...hence why I told people about it.

10. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    <<I've never been happy. - Obi-Wan on Family Guy>>

Ok being the rabid Family Guy fiend that I am..how did I ever miss this one? When was it on..what season...details, Man.. I want details! :)

11. MasterDecon

MasterDecon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2003
    The movie was WOW!!! ......To the hole balance thing Anikin did bring balance he destroyed the jedi and there ways and the later the sith. Now Luke and all the other jedi and sith a like will have to learn how to everything on there own. Ya Yoda and Obi-wan got Luke started but they really didn't get him set in the ways of the old jedi.

12. TarikJanis

Jun 11, 2003
    Ok being the rabid Family Guy fiend that I am..how did I ever miss this one? When was it on..what season...details, Man.. I want details!

It was on an unaired episode called "When you Wish Upon a Weinstien". It never aired because it was very controversial....but if you get the third season of Family Guy on DVD or Seth McFarlene's top 5 DVD you can see it...Its a really funny bit involving Luke, Obi-Wan, a Lightsaber, and Laser-eye Surgery....I suggest going out to Best Buy RIGHT NOW!! And getting it

~Tommy

13. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    This Family Guy episode was controversal? How could anything be more controversal than "Wonder Twin Power form of a ......" (Family Guy fans will know exactly what I'm referring to...one of those, "I can't believe they just did that moments."

So, Third Season huh...Thanks..on my way to go get it now! :)

//And now back to your regularly scheduled Thread!//

14. redsith17

redsith17 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2005
    Did anyone else get all choked up when Padme's body had the necklace Anakin gave her in her hand during the funeral. I think that was a beautiful touch

15. JediFish02

JediFish02 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    Not to get too far OT, but the FG episode WAS aired not too long ago for the first time.

16. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    It was a nice touch to the film but the thing is who would have placed it in her hands cause no one would have known it was from anakin

17. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    the japor snippet:

"they" might not have known it came from anakin, but "they" might have known it was something that she held dear to her, and wore frequently.

probably her staff knew that it had great value to her, if not knowing who had given it to her.

side note: Do you think Captain Typho knew of the secret marriage & pregnancy? He was in charge of her security and probably monitored her activity and that of her guests. Of course, he would never say anything, but surely he would notice the physical signs of her pregnancy, and probably notice when Anakin spent the night, and that Anakin had appropriated Artoo-Detoo from her service, in exchange for C-3PO.

18. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Well he must have known that she was pregnant also do you reckon that the jedi can sense pregnancy??

19. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    perhaps if they tried to... it appears that anakin had to be told by padme that she was pregnant, and that vader didn't know that she had twins, so he may not have every actually tried to sense the life within padme's womb. obi-wan didn't need the force to see that padme was pregnant or guess that anakin was the father.

20. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    It was so odvious aswell that she was pregnant there is no way you can hide a pregnancy from someone

21. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    After watching it for the fourth time I believe that she went through most of her pregnancy when Anakin was in the Outer Rim. She could have easily been six months pregnant when she saw Anakin after he "rescued" Palpatine. They had been apart for a long time and you can tell she is concerned about his reaction to her news.

I think everyone knew she was pregnant but were respectful enough not to ask who the father was.

22. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    As for the snippet...they refer to it in the book. It is mentioned that it must have ment a lot to her, even though no one knew anything about it. So, out of respect for something that appeared to have meaning, they buried her with it. Which made it even all the more emotional for me.

23. MasterDecon

MasterDecon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2003
    The hole move was just deep!!!

24. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    My god I am going to need a big coffin then cause I will want to take all my star wars collection with me

25. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    umm.. when your body decays, your precious collection won't stay mint.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.