main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA ROTS Trailer

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Ivo, Oct 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ivo

Ivo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 10, 2002
    Does anyone what movie they are showing the ROTS trailer with and what date they are starting to screen them in Kalgoorlie especially???

2. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    It's been rumoured that the RotS trailer will be attached to 'The Incredibles'.

3. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Another Kalgoorlie person! Cool.
    Anyway, whatever the deal is in Perth you can be sure it will be different in Kalgoorlie. A lot of big movies don't even make it to the regent cinema here and I haven't heard about the incredibles showing here. Never know though.

4. Ivo

Oct 10, 2002
    Tell me about it they're not even going to be showing the village up here, yet another movie to wait for to come out on video. All I know is Im trekking down to Perth to what ROTS when it comes out next year.

5. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm planning to do the same. I've been to a midnight screening for each of them so I'll mae sure I get time off for this one.
    Where abouts do you live in Kal Ivo? I'm right between the Oasis and the new Dewsons store. Next time Aztec comes down this way we could have a mini fanforce meet in Kalgoorlie. :)

6. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    The trailer is gonna be the ****ing ****!

EDIT: AWSOME! The boards now have one of those automatic thingos that astrixes ya swearing for ya! Makes my job easier!

7. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    No ****?

**** how about that **** hey? ;)

8. Ivo

Oct 10, 2002
    I live in South Kal across the road from the William Grunt Libary and that would be cool to meet next time Aztec comes down this way we could have a mini fanforce meet in Kalgoorlie.

9. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I've heard that the ROTS trailer will premiere on hyperspace early next month and will then be released on US cable tv, I'm sure it will be online within aout 12 hours of that for sure. Would make it easier for us people away from civilization to see it.

As for having a meet the next time I'm in Kal, that may be possible. I will be down sometime towards the end of November I think for a birthday party, not sure what else is happening that weekend, but I'll keep you posted.

10. Ivo

Oct 10, 2002
    Hopefully its not on the 21st Im heading down to perth for a christening.

11. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I'll be down the weekend after that.

12. Carbito

Carbito Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2004
    Does anyone know when the teaser trailer will be available at trailers.apple.com? Will it be at the same time as the cinema release of the teaser?

13. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Has everyone seen the teaser poster at starwars.com?

14. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I saw the poster yesterday and copied it to my PC today.

I like it, but I think it is a bit plain, maybe if they had added a small amount of text it would have been better.

Overall I think it's pretty cool though, I like the scar on Anakins right eye.

15. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Spoiler image doing the rounds.

Can't link to it here, but PM and ask nicely and I'll send it to you...

16. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I think today's the day the teaser trailer comes out. I'll check it out when it does.

17. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    The teaser trailer will be shown on the Today show, Channel 9 tomorrow morning.

18. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Mind you, teaser trailers sally aren't all that much to go on. The teaser trailer for AOTC was little more than an image slide show with a couple of captions.

19. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Just started downloading it, not sure if its THE trailer or just A trailer/review

[edit: Hmm, its a 2-5second preview of the trailer.. lol.. barely anything, but I saw the emperor)..]

wouldnt call it a spoiler mind you, if it were 30sec-1min of high detail footage with sound, and plot give-aways, thats a spoiler

20. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Spoilers Stinky, spoilers...

I just meant your description of that shot, some may not want even want to know who in this film wields what.

^^^ Hoping it was vague enough that those who didn't see it don't know what I'm on about...

21. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    kk, well I edited it..

Got a link to the trailer now.. should it be posted? Or has everyone got it?

[edit: nm, its here]
      IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW, DONT CLICK IT!

;)

• Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
      I saw the trailer on the today show this morning, Thanks for the heads up SM.

I'm currently downloading it from the link SJ provided, thanks for that dude.

And for the record I think it was pretty damn good.

• soneil

Nov 30, 2000
      I saw it today. Just did a Google search for Return of the Sith Trailer and clicked the link that came up right under TFN. :)

• FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
      I'm just wondering what your reactions were to watching the trailer?

Soup was very upset that he missed the first time the trailer was shown (he got sent an SMS about it, but was working on his phone so missed it). He then had to wait until the news that evening to see it.

I got yelled at if I changed the channel to watch something a little more interesting than sport because he might miss the trailer.

Once the trailer was actually on, he just sat their with his mouth hanging open. After if was finished, he was still the same. I actually had to throw water on him so he would move. He then wanted to watch it again and again on whatever news program would show it.

So, how did you guys react? Were any of you any where near as bad as Soup was? Tell me the truth. How many of you had to wipe away puddles of drool? Go on, you can be honest. We all know you guys are a bunch of geeks. :p

• soneil

Nov 30, 2000
      I wasn't quite that bad but perhaps not far off. Nothing too surprising in there which is good. I think for the past couple of movies, the trailers have given away a bit too much (for example, how cool would it have been if we didn't know about Darth Maul's double blade until we saw the film).
      All in all I'd say it looks pretty promising from the little snippets it showed.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.