main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA ROTS Trailer

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Ivo, Oct 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    hehe, no puddles of drool. i was impressed by some of the trailer, but it felt a little rushed to me, badly edited in places. still, as it was, it was good to see some actual footage, and there's still plenty to be seen.

2. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    It amazes me they actually managed to make Chewie and that other Wookie look plastic, seeing as they were guys in suits. Just bad compression I guess.

I think this film will definitely make up for most things (most, not Jar Jar, that'd be asking far too much) the sabre duelling in the DVD sneak preview looks very intense, the snippets we see of the space battle look impressive, and I'm really looking forward to the sequences with the Wookies.

3. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    With the wookies they're obviously including some more of the things from the original draft of Starwars. Some of those things (like hovertanks) were already included in the other prequels. I wonder how many similarities there'll be with the early starwars draft.

4. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Are you asking rhetorically? Do you want me to tell you?

5. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I have to agree with you there Sith. I reckon that this one will make up for a lot of the crap that GL's been putting out there... Dan was saying something similar. And I'm pretty sure he's going to have found himself a new favourite (if anything can ever take Empire's place in his mind). The darker ones are always good.

6. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Well, I can say that this one will be the best of the prequel trilogy, and I think most of us have always known it's not going to be a happy ending.

7. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Of course there's a lot of things we know about the background of ANH. I'm looking forward to seeing just how many of those things we see in ROTS.

8. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Am I the only one here, at the risk of sounding anal, that thinks the CG in the trailer is utterly pathetic?
    Honestly...yoda looks like he was renderd on a Commadore 64, the space battles have poor colour balancing, the sabers look like bollocks...no change from AOTC though, R2 looked like he was rendered using 3dsMAX and Vader's background look like it was a 1/1000000 scale model.

Sorry, cool ideas in the trailer...but it sucked more than a prostitute...

9. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Well, given that the wookies looked CGI, and they are in fact guys in suits, I'm going to put the whole thing down to bad compression.

10. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    If only Lucasfilm had SoE working for them.

11. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    S_M I honestly pray that you're right dude...but dodgy compression dosn't disrupt dodgy compostiting...as in the crappyness of the yoda shots. But ahwell, it's starwars...we grew up with it's bad VFX ;)

If only Lucasfilm had SoE working for them.

If only we could meet up someday... [face_beatup]

12. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    In all fairness, it's the trailer. They're still working on the special effects and they probably just needed to push something out for the trailer, even if it wasn't exactly what was going to be in the movie. I'd say that issues like that will be cleaned up by the time the movie comes out.

13. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    It's also why they put out a trailer in the first place. You can bet thet LFL is paying attention to the fans right now, as much as won't be said about it officially, and as much as I'll get accused yet again of "prequel bashing" by saying this, LFL are very much aware of the laclustre reception of the last two films.

Things that have been leaked, spoiler or casting info, has been by design and the reaction gauged, this is why we're already seeing changes in the material that has already been released. One example was the casting of a voice actor for a certain CGI character, when the jokes started coming back about a similar role the actor is famous for, the voice actor was changed.

there's a few more examples, but nothing I can post here.

14. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    There were some matting moments in Phantom Menace that were cringe-worthy. They're not infallable. (have to admit I havent seen AOTC enough to look)

Still, its a teaser, we'll see if they fix it up a bit before release eventually...

15. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    What happened to the days when you could go to a movie and enjoy it because you weren't analyzing every damn thing involved? So what is some FX look a little dodge, big whoop. It's a movie, stop analyzing it and enjoy it!

16. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    So what is some FX look a little dodge, big whoop. It's a movie, stop analyzing it and enjoy it!

I'd like to...but when people like GL trade in good storylines and acting for VFX galor it's kind of a let down when the VFX looke like sh**e

17. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    I agree with FA, shut up and pass the popcorn...

18. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    *passes the popcorn*

Seriously, I'm just waiting on how it looks on a cinema screen in a very dark room; that hides a multitude of sins. And if the fighting is as intense as it looks in the trailer, I'll forgive every "You are in my very soul" moment there might be.

And SoE, don't go dissn mah Commodore 64! [face_shame_on_you] :D There are some pieces of music produced by the SID chip that sound better than a lot of current ingame music (not to mention a lot more playable than some of the current crop of games) :D :D

19. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I love my C64 emulator and just wish my parents hadn't ditched the real C64!

20. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    My C128 is still gathering dust in a cupboard in Albany...I'd have it hooked up, but the 1570 drive doesn't work any more :_|

21. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    What happened to the days when you could go to a movie and enjoy it because you weren't analyzing every damn thing involved? So what is some FX look a little dodge, big whoop. It's a movie, stop analyzing it and enjoy it!

here here! :)

22. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Well, in the spirit of easing up on SoE a little, (But just a little ;) ) I will say he's not half as bad as the ppl in the movie forums since the DVDs have been released.

If I see one more post like "in chapter 23 at 14 minutes and 13 seconds, I can see a sabre shadow!!1!! Lucas is a lousy filmmaker!!11!".

I'm, going to headbutt the screen.

Here's a tip kids, put the disc in, press play, shut your mouth and lose yourself in the world before you.

Don't overanalyze it, we know it doesn't look real, it's a fantasy.

EDITED for typos and missed keys. Oh sleep, how I need thee....

23. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Must admit though, it has to make me wonder why they bothered about special editions. the main reason given for them was to fix things up so the movies would be they were supposed to be. Yet two bloopers so obvious I could spot them when I was a little kid still made it through to the ANH special edition (no colour on Vader's light saber and seeing through the head of the little creature at the cantina bar). In 20 years time will there be a prequels special edition? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.