main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Rotten Tomatoes Score for The Last Jedi

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by 2Cleva, Dec 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Its getting killed by audiences. Critics gave it 93 but currently at 57% with over 64K viewer votes in.

For comparison (Critics/Audience)

TFA 93/88 223K votes
    R1 85/87 96K viotes

TPM 55/59
    AOTC 66/57
    ROTS 79/65

So if you're not happy - you're not alone.

2. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    It's been going down all day. It will fall below AotC and be the lowest rated Star Wars movie. Great job Rian!

2Cleva likes this.
  3. jimtalkbox

jimtalkbox Jedi Master star 1

Dec 22, 2015
    It deserves to be low. What a complete let down. (Although a few memorable highlights)

4. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    The nerds are in full rage-mode.
    Nothing angrier than a SW geek whose theories get all shot to hell.

5. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    It's an incredible disparity between the critical and audience rating. I thought it was great but clearly I'm in the minority...

The big worry from here (especially it it flops at the box office over the next week) is that Disney will now insist on all the movies just being reheated rubbish like The Force Awakens rather than genuinely creative and surprising works of art like The Last Jedi - Even if you don't like the story choices Rian went with surely you have to appreciate the boldness and creativity?

Contreras1991 likes this.
  6. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    naw it will rebound. A vast majority of people who spent 2 years and countless hours contemplating theories are mad all those theories were pissed on.

Many will change opinions with multiple viewings, some are a lost cause.

7. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    And this is why headcanon is a powerful drug and we must fight it.

jaqen likes this.
  8. jewlmc17

jewlmc17 Jedi Master star 2

Jun 2, 2013
    No. I don't.

9. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002

I see it similar.

As a movie it was entertaining and enjoyable. As a Star Wars movie it doesn't feel like any of the others - and not in a good way. Changing style midstream was a questionable approach.

10. Contreras1991

Contreras1991 Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 18, 2017
    TFA user review score was also low in the first weeks, but then went high when the nerd rage calmed a little bit, so maybe will happend that

11. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    The rt score is similar to the poll here. TFA was never in the 50s

12. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

FWIW, I also thought TLJ was awesome. But I can see why some people dont like it does not always follow the traditional Star Wars story telling pattern.

Like G-FETT said, there is a real risk that Disney and other film makers will curtail creativity and focus on profit to the detriment of orignial storytelling. Get ready for Episode IX-Revenge of the Return of the Jedi.

Ricardo Funes and Contreras1991 like this.
  13. Certain Point of View

Certain Point of View Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 8, 2015
    I am not surprised. I like TLJ better than TFA, but I am not surprised the masses don't agree. I tend not to agree with the "general consensus".

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  14. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Yeah as soon as the less invested fans start seeing it the score should go up. It was a very enjoyable film but at the same time it is completely understandable how those who were wanting their questions answered in a satisfying way would feel disappointed in it.

15. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Right? I knew it would be polarizing, but geez - people are acting like Rian Johnson personally came to their house and spat in their face. This movie was absolutely NOT where my headcanon would have taken it. But you know what? The story RJ told was so incredibly emotionally satisfying that I can't think of a way in which I would've changed it. Just a superb movie all around that makes me thrilled for his new trilogy.

jaqen and Ricardo Funes like this.
  16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    We don't need a dozen review threads, folks. This can be discussed in one of the two already created.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.