Rough 1st draft Imperial Shuttle

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ttandc, May 6, 2013.

Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. ttandc Jedi Grand Master

An attempt at an imperial shuttle which has parts from the 1/48 scale and the full scale models. All details on this model can be found on those original models.

2. ttandc Jedi Grand Master

Nuts. Sorry I put this in the wrong section. If a friendly moderator could move it over to fan art that would be great thanks :)
  3. ARAJediMaster Jedi Youngling

Hmm. Very impressive first attempt on the Imperial Shuttle. The cockpit—however—doesn’t quite feel...full enough. It’s the windows that get to me, the side ones don’t look high enough to me, if you take my meaning. But I do love the detail on the wings and main body, and the landing struts look nice. Keep it up and it might look much better next time you try making it again.
  4. ttandc Jedi Grand Master

Thanks ARA

I'm not exactly sure what your referring to in regards to the windows but this model was created using shadow profiles so the windows are the same size/shape as the original model used in the movie. I'll see if I can find the profile shot I used and make a render of that same view with the model.
  5. ARAJediMaster Jedi Youngling

6. ttandc Jedi Grand Master

[IMG]

I'm not sure why your post is quoting that I said that second quote but for anyone else reading that is not the case. As for the window supports, check the images of the original model used in the movies, you can clearly see they are close to the corners but not on the corners. :) Thanks again for your input ;)

[IMG]
    Last edited by ttandc, May 13, 2013
  7. DarthRicmu Force Ghost

star 3
    Nice model. Always gotta love the greebling right! ;)
  8. ttandc Jedi Grand Master

Sorry mate, no Greeble on any of my models :) Every piece 100% crafted out to reproduce the pieces seen on the original models used in the movies.

[IMG]
    Last edited by ttandc, Jun 4, 2013
  9. ttandc Jedi Grand Master

10. DarthRicmu Force Ghost

star 3
    Great!
    So all detail will be original ey? Impressive!

Keep up the good work!!! :)
  11. ttandc Jedi Grand Master

Thanks :) With a lot of close up images of the original models used in the movies its a simple matter of looking at each piece and then recreating it on the computer. OF course with 3D printing this way is obsolete and time consuming but its still fun for me :)
  12. DarthRicmu Force Ghost

star 3
    3D printing? You mean 3D scanning?

3D Printing would print the pieces you just made in 3D on the computer ;)
  13. ttandc Jedi Grand Master

I guess their are 2 ways to view that last message haha :D

But the way I meant was the 3D printing procedure where you scan the original model and then with that scan print out a new model using a 3D printer. That will produce exact replicas of the original models used in the movies. Making all other modelers attempts look like cheap knock off's. Even the best modelers can not compete against a computer scanner when it comes to reproducing from the original.
Moderators: AdamBertocci