Rough Day - Update on Siri and Kenobi's Mom

Discussion in 'Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Nov 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Today was a rough day in our lives and since everyone has been so awsome about pm's and asking about our Mom...today she was diagnosed with Ischemic Bowel Disease along with Congestive Heart Failure. Tomorrow we find out if not only she is a candidate for surgery, but if they feel she can survive one. If the doctor's decide not, then we've been told our only other option is to keep her comfortable and out of pain until the end. we have started notifying family that it is time to come.

Jos and I may or may not be on the boards for a while. Stress, emotions and physical exhaustion is running high right now. We are pretty "raw." Just taking things a moment at a time.

Right now, the laughter, the friendship, the love, and the commardere in the Force is what's helping us hold it together.

Thanks to all of you,

Kim and Josie

2. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
  3. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [:D] I know the situation you are in all too well. All I ask is please listen to the doctor if they feel she can not survive a surgery. Ultimately, it is up to you, the family and her but I have seen this go terribly, terribly wrong with my own family.

Know that there is a lot of love and support here for you any time, especially now. Take whatever time you need, we will still be here thinking of you and your family.

May the Force be with you all, Kim. [:D]
  4. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    Hang on, both of you. Just hang on. All my love and support and concern to you. The "other Kim" (my good friend who was with me at Baycon and met you) also sends her love and support. Many many people are thinking of you and your family. Know we'll be here for you, no matter what.

Damn. I am sorry the news is so grim.

- Kai
  5. DarkLordSid Jedi Master

star 4
    Love to you both, K&J, hang in there and come by for hugs and humor, your friends are always here for you.

You know where we are and how to contact us, like Mrs. Sid says, "Anytime, day or night"

6. mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA

star 4
    [:D]
    Happy warm fuzzy thoughts of love from MN are headed your way.
    [:D]
  7. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks all of you. Things have been up and down.... from extremely critical to serious/stable and back ... Right now we are at serious..not quite critical.. But again..the hugs and love from ALL OVER are soo much appreciated.

Needless to say, LosCon is definitely not happening for us. No matter what...we are literally taking things a day at a time.

Will keep everyone informed. Consider these posts also for Josie as well, we are "tag-teaming" on this. (actually we pretty much tag-team on everything written..so when you see Master--Kenobi just make it a "/" and add Siri-Tachi as well.

Hugs again at this point we are just hoping, that if it happens soon, the transition is as easy and painless as possible.

Hugs

Kim
  8. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    Just posting to say, "I read." And still thinking good thoughts for you all.
  9. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Just a quick note to let everyone know that things are still fairly the same. Thanks,,,just Thanks again for everyone's support. You all have absolutely no idea how much our Family in the Force means to us.

Hugs

Kim and Jos

10. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I know Thanksgiving won't be an entirely happy holiday for you, but at least you will get to spend it together.

I'm still not sure what I will be doing. At best I will be spending it with one of the SVRF members who was kind enough to invite me over, and at worst I will be spending it at a Baker's Square alone. :(

[:D] to you and your family Kim!
  11. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, bleh, Tionne. I'm sorry you may be having an alone-time Thanksgiving. :( I hope you get to spend it with friends. *HUG*

And much love to Master K and family.

- Kai
  12. grey_starr Jedi Master

star 4
    Prayers from Toronto for you... I'm in similar situation with my own parents... so I know it all helps...
  13. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Hawkie,
    Know that we are just a phone/pm away! And you do have family with you in spirit. Consider yourself officially adopted! Hugs Hugs and More Hugs!!!

K

14. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Prayers for you too, Grey Starr. Our thoughts are with you also. When Mom has her coherent moments, she is amazed by all the prayers, love, and concern that has come from around the world for her.

She also wants everyone to know that..if "things happen" She can "rest assured that your other (SW) family will take care of the two of you (Jos and myself)." So hugs to all ...and for everyone out there going through this...at least we are not alone and we are all in this together. And yes, every little message helps."
  15. AniSkywalker06 Jedi Padawan

Don't worry, Kenobi, you're mom will be better soon. I can feel it.
    And besides, ofcourse we'll take care of you... that's what family is for... but I don't think we'll have a chance to. Since you'll have your mom watching out for you. *smiles*
    Just remember, you are loved.[face_love] Prayers and meditation are coming from Fullerton.

Your Padawan.
    Ani/Amy
  16. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you,Padawan.

Days go back and forth,up and down, but at least she is now coherent most of them. Thanks for the love, prayers,and meditations.

All of us appreciate it![:D]

Master K
  17. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Thoughts and prayers are with you. [:D]
  18. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm still thinking of you guys. I hope that you start to see more positive, up days soon!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.