main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends 'Round the Twist--Ridiculously Specific #8, AU, Qui/Shmi, Obi, baby Ani, OCs COMPLETED 12/27

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BrightFeather, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Very tense, very good BrightFeather and twin.

2. BrightFeather

BrightFeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    Thanks, Daena and Noelie! And Noelie, other shoe? Who, me? Innocent, am I. [face_batting]

Last time, on 'Round the Twist:
    Obi-Wan grinned as he thought of Qui-Gon's wife. She never said anything she didn't mean, and he never wanted to see her mad again. He'd made her mad once, and it wasn't a pretty sight. Kyran was right, she was a fearsome woman when riled. Luckily, though, it took a lot to make her angry. He checked his Master through their bond before settling back to try and rest. They'd be back at the Temple before he knew it.

And now, the Conclusion:

~*~*~*~

Qui-Gon opened his eyes to find Han'yaie standing over him. "Am I gonna live?" he croaked.

"That's the bad news," Han'yaie joked. "Of course, it's also the good news, so I guess it evens out."

A familiar Force-presence registered, so he turned his head. "Shmi," he whispered.

She leaned over and kissed him softly. "As if I'd be anywhere else," she scolded.

He smiled faintly; Shmi always managed to come to him whenever he was hurt. The bond between them was very, very strong. But he had one more concern; his apprentice. "Where's Obi-Wan?" he asked.

Shmi ran her hand through his hair. "Next door," was her answer. "When Han'yaie said that you'd be waking up soon, Siri offered to sit with him. I believe she said something about kissing him before she killed him."

Qui-Gon started to laugh, but stopped when pain tore through him. "Please don't make me laugh, sweetheart," he winced.

"Be careful," she cautioned. "It will take a week or so before you're fully healed." Shmi placed a soft hand on his shoulder. "If you're good, Han'yaie said that he'd be willing to release you to my care as long as you wore a monitoring device."

"All right," he nodded. "How's Anakin?"

"He's been yelling that you and Obi got owies since the approximate time you got hurt," she said. "I know he's Sensitive, but--"

"You didn't expect him to feel it if either one of us got hurt," Qui-Gon supplied. "It's happened before," he admitted. "Hanah formed one with me when she was his age. Ani, though, considers me his Daddy, so one just formed naturally. And Obi-Wan is his brother, so the same thing happened there. He could probably feel it if you go hurt, too, sweetheart."

Shmi grimaced. "I wish we could shield him from that," she admitted softly. "But I know it wouldn't do any good in the long run."

"And if he decides to be a Jedi," Qui-Gon said softly, "He will see much pain and sorrow by the time he's a man."

"I know," Shmi said. "It kills me every time the Council sends you and Obi into a war zone."

"But I have to go where I'm sent," he protested.

Shmi picked up his lightsabre and handed it to him. "I know that, too," she said. "It came with the price tag. But that doesn't mean that I have to like it, and it doesn't mean that I won't worry."

"Where did you get my 'sabre?" he asked.

"The rebels in that horrible place stole your things," she answered. "They tucked yours and Obi-Wan's 'sabres and your commlinks in your boots."

Ignoring the pain, Qui-Gon propped himself up and captured her lips with his. The kiss began softly, but soon deepened until he was pouring all the love and passion he had for her into that single gesture. The small part of him that wasn't focused on the kiss was grateful that he'd managed to survive. For a while there, he hadn't thought he'd make it home and be able to love his wife again.

Shmi broke the kiss off and pushed him back down. "Behave," she ordered. "I want you in one piece."

"Yes, ma'am," he said with a smile. "But that was worth it."

"We're not working on making the new baby until you're completely better," she informed him. "You're going to be around for diaper duty, the same way you were when Anakin was born."

Qui-Gon grinned. "Han'yaie!" he called.

Han'yaie walked back into the room. "Yes?" he said. "You yelled? Need more pain meds?"

"You know I hate those things," Qui-Gon mock-grumbled. "No, wh

3. ladylaurel18

ladylaurel18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2005
    That was wonderful! I'm all warm fuzziness.

awwww...

4. Fluff-Slayer

Fluff-Slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2005
    Great. Good. It ended nicely, and nobody was eaten.

(...though really that might've been better, what were you thinking, oh, so truly evil...)

You tied the plot all together. And little Anakin is unbearably cute.

(...why?...nightmares for years, I think, really...)

Kyran's really a very neat character. I felt myself breathe a sigh of relief when he stepped up and took control of a very unorganized situation. I guess things turned out all right--

(...please don't do something like that ever again...)

--despite my first predictions.

I'm grudgingly proud of you, dear Feather. :_| Congratulations again.

5. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Nice ending! Love how Kyran showed up at just the right time. LOL he planted a locater in Qui's boots. :D It looks like it came in handy. And not getting Shmi angry, I can imagine.

Anakin is so sweet. [face_love] He really will be a handful later, not that he isn't already! And I'm sure they'll have another very active kid soon. :D

Wonderful job! =D=

6. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Loved the conclusion!

"Something I should know?" he asked. "Shmi had hers countered last week."

Hmm... sneaky she is.

Good story. :)

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww...I love a happy ending!

And baby Ani kissing Qui's owie...so sweet.

Great job on this!!

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

8. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Han'yaie complied. "Why do I get the feeling that you're going to be just as difficult as your father and his apprentice when you get older?" he asked.

Ah, if only they knew!

Great ending BrightFeather...
    Well done with your challenge! =D=

9. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Beautifical.

10. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Well even though there is no PM epilogue you still did a fantastic job with this! Bravo dear padawan mine! =D==D==D==D=

11. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    Great work sister, mine! =D=

Finally got around to finishing the reading, and it had some nice action! Hooray for action! But what happened to Qui-Gon? Why did he have that burning in his stomach? [face_worried]

12. BrightFeather

Nov 13, 2005
    ladylaurel18:
    ;) Better than cold pricklies....

Fluffy:
    Eaten, you say? *blinks innocently* Well, I suppose I could arrange to have a small, fluffy creature eaten by a Krayt draigon sometime soon. [face_batting] Would that be better, hon?

Jedi_Tigris :
    Glad you enjoyed it!

DaenaBenjen42 :
    :DBut they'd talked about it before Qui left...

KELIA:
    Aren't they all at that age when they're not throwing tantrums? :D Thank you!

Kestrel_Kenobi :
    [face_laugh] I think it's some sort of unwritten rule that field Jedi have to be bad patients!

-Darksaber-:
    Thank you! :D

Layren :
    *bows* Thank you, Master! :D

BrentusofGath :
    Thanks, brother-mine! :D He got shot, remember? Or maybe it was Obi-Wan's cooking! ;)

Thanks for reading, y'all. :) I'm just glad I managed it. Never thought I could write one of Fluffy's torturous challenges...

BrightFeather

13. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Oh, loved the whole thing. Loved Ani and his 'owies', and Daddy Qui-Gon and Obi the irreverant prankster. What a family. Love 'em all. Bravo on the Challenge response. :)

14. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    But they'd talked about it before Qui left...

Huh? *goes back to fist chapter and reads again* Oh. :oops: Knew I was blanking something. Hate when I do that.

In that case... No, it's not sneaky. Shimi just knows what she wants sooner than her husband does. (And I liked that line.)

Again, good post! :)

15. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    Hi, I just got back from my holiday- and this was wonderful to come home to!
    Well done- very cute!

16. BrightFeather

Nov 13, 2005
    Princess_Arulmozhi: Thank you! It was kinda interesting doing a mush challenge that required angst. ;)

DaenaBenjen42: Yep, sis. This would be a very planned pregnancy. :D

Stella_Ripple: Thanks, Stella!

Glad y'all liked it! Not sure if I'll ever go through another torturous Ridiculously Specific Challenge again, but it was an interesting challenge. :D

BrightFeather

17. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    Perusing the RSC thread and saw your entry. You are a very brave soul trying this. I?ve only done one of these and found it wonderful fun but exhausting. But you certainly rose to this challenge.

What a fun mushy story. Having Qui-Gon and Shmi together was brilliant and little Ani, so cute. Loved the detail given from the pov of the Handmaidens preparing Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan for the sacrifice. Great job.

18. BrightFeather

Nov 13, 2005
    Thank you! :D Fluffy told me that I'm very, very evil for subjecting her to Qui and Shmi. [face_devil] I'm glad you liked that... and I've discovered that I rather like this little universe...

BrightFeather

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.