main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Round Two of the New EB Icon Character Selection

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Oct 31, 2003.

?

Round Two of the New EB Icon Character Selection

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Jedi Jaina

38.5%
  2. Leia

30.8%
  3. Isard

30.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
  2. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Okay, now that we only have 3 choices... Let's see what the vote is now... Then we'll put up pic candidates for the chosen character :D

3. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I don't care, you still don't have the two that I would choose from. So I guess I will go old school & vote for Leia.

4. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Oh and just for the record... I picked Jedi Jaina because I believe she embodies the nature of this group. She's got a sharp as a tack wit, can keep the guys in their places, yet still decidedly feminine, without loosing her strength to do it. She's also got a mischievious streak that I find utterly endearing. Plus, like many of us she has had a brush with the darkside. [face_mischief]

5. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Who would you choose?

6. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    I'd vote Jaina. If I were a girl. But I'm not. So I won't. :p

7. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    As entertaining as the EU can be on occasion, if she ain't in the films, she doesn't interest me.

8. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    OK Mr JC boards [face_plain]

9. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    if i were to vote, i would have to go with jaina. she rocks. its also great that she cna do so much stuff. jedi. pilot. mechanic.

10. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    (as richard lowel)

They are all good choices.
    Jaina is spunky with wit.She is so sassy but looks good in formal wear.but i if it needs to be she can muck it up with the boys and taunt some vong.

Leia so nice and proper, definetly some one you can bring home to mom & dad.But if trooper says grab her "pow" he is a goner.

And isard , a women who can bring home the bacon and execute it,HA.plus wear a red form fitting uniform, rooar,.She is such a dominatriss.

11. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Isard is loosing to that twit of a Jedi Jaina?

Grr... maybe I'll have to go campagining for her.

I like Isard because she is always cool and calculative in anysituation.

She managed to achieve great things for a woman in the Imperial military.

12. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Dumb question: is Jedi Jaina a different NJO character than Leia and Han's daughter?

I've seen her specifically referred to as Jedi Jaina, so it was confusing.

13. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    No, it's Jaina Solo, but it's easier to call her Jedi Jaina.

I voted for her since the picture of her in the new Essential Guide to the Characters supposedly looks more like me than Princess Leia. -=shrug=- I'm just relaying what I've been told.

14. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    I've never thought of her as Jedi Jaina. She's always been Jaina Solo to be just as Jacen has always been Jacen Solo to me. But Leia has always been [Mark Hamill]CCCCAARRRRRRIIIIEEEE!!![/Mark Hamill]

;)

I didn't vote cause I don't know if I'm allowed!

15. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Jedi Jaina. She's cool. Most of the time, that is, but then, almost everyone was poorly portrayed in DW.

Um, I totally missed any earlier discussion regarding this. What size icon are we talking about? I assume this isn't somethere where we could compromise by photoshoping together a couple of characters? Because really, a lot of them are strong characters who embody what the EB stands for.

Hey!!!!!!! I just realized Mara wasn't on the list!!!!!! [face_shocked] How did THAT happen?????

16. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    :eek: [face_blush] Sorry, they've been treating her so badly in the books as of late, I'd kind of forgotten about her.... And I'll talk to Grimby about your icon suggestion... The Femmes of SW? Hmmmmm... Has a nice sound to it [face_mischief] [face_devil]

17. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    La Femme Star Wars :D

18. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Like that idea too, man I'm just a push over :D Alison the icon is for the web-site were we have a picture for the EB link. All the others have a picture of one person, don't know why.

19. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    PM had been sent to the Hutt... Please submit pix you would like included to me... PtrsonsZOO@aol.com

20. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Actually it was Rebecca who originated the icon representations for different aspects of the group, I just perpetuated it and added to the icons with similar ones (translation: wasn't creative enough to think of something different :p ).

21. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    i picked leia . just to throw things off . and if thats who your gonna use , i still think my tat would make a cool icon :)

22. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    As soon as Grimby gets back to Land across the ocean... He'll put us together a collage icon, so send in your choices to me :D

23. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I picked. I'm done now, right? I know who Jaina is, but I never read far enough for the third choice. When they come out with EU cliffnotes, I'll catch up. Promise.

24. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I was about to email the link to you, Zoo, but then I thought I'd post it here since it is just a link, and that way everyone can see it.

If we're just looking for a head-shot for an icon, the Japanese cover for Remnant has very cool shots of both Jaina and Mara. I have to admit I'm partial to the Mara one... :)

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/books.cgi?Books=books/bookcovers/jpn/images/remnant.jpg

25. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Oh, and they also have a high res version of this cover art - I posted the link to the lower res to make it easier for people to check it out. The high res is linked off of http://www.theforce.net/books/bookcovers/jpn_njo.shtml towards the bottom of the page.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.