main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The Royal Family Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by AaylaSecurOWNED, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    So I take it whoever was in charge of that horrible photoshop hasn't been fired?

2. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    When I saw that you posted here I thought Kate had miscarried.

Ender Sai likes this.
  3. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  4. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Arguably even more important than their physical linneage is their legacy. That's why I'm sure all our resident monarchists will be pleased to know how their favorite family is still firmly committed to the oppression of the common man.

5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    They are lucky to be serving the Realm, Wocky. A concept you would not understand, as your Realm lacks honour and is not worthy of that sacrifice.

6. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    A realm that literally does not even give them the means to cover basic necessities? Why don't you go do it?

Boba Nekhbet likes this.
  7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I am delighted that you made this post, Wocky. I was reading this story this morning, and was hoping someone would mention it somewhere.

If you actually read the article, you'll note that these employees are part of the Royal Collection Trust -- that is, a charity organization that largely gets its funding from tourism. The Royal Collection belongs to the state, and not the royal family. Yet that state refuses to provide funding for these poor employees.

They are not employees of the Royal Household, who are very generous towards their employees. In fact, you may recall some yahoos in Parliament making a fuss about royal expenditures because Her Majesty likes to make sure that her employees are well taken care of -- this despite an almost decade-long freeze in the Civil List funding levels that made it difficult to catch up with inflation.

So basically, the Sovereign Grant (formerly the Civil List) is kept rather low because of ignorant people who think it goes to fund, I dunno, Cinderella-esque balls instead of paying hard-working employees well. But Her Majesty tries nonetheless, and then gets in trouble for "over spending."

Meanwhile the employees of the Royal Collection Trust -- which is not managed by Her Majesty or her courtiers -- are striking because of appallingly bad pay, presumably because of other ignorant people who think that these employees are paid out of the imaginary vast heaps of gold Her Majesty sleeps on as if she were Scrooge McDuck or something.

These poor people don't have a living wage because of hateful, ignorant people like you, Wocky. And now you're celebrating the people you've made suffer just to suit your ideological point. You're worse than the Jacobins, at least they didn't deliberately engineer the French economic crisis.

Ender Sai likes this.
  8. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

I've already given a number of years of service to the Crown, Wocky. Queen, Country and Commonwealth had some of my best years and best work.

EDIT: seems you've been visiting Slate, Wocky, and not doing your own research. Lazy and dishonourable.

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    CNN is reporting that the Duchess of Cambridge is in 'early stages of labor'

10. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Even the kid wants to see Mayweather vs. Pacquiao. :p

Juliet316 and Darth Punk like this.
  11. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Well played tunes, well played

12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, here we go then! Only a week late.

13. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    i have it on good authority that if it's a boy they're going to name it alan, and rihanna if it's a girl

14. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    It's a girl!

15. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    A human girl?

16. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Unverified

17. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Just about, DNA was getting a bit thinned out before they brought in the commoner

exhibit a
    [​IMG]

jp-30 likes this.
  18. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    What a glorious day.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  20. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    [​IMG]

Her Royal Highness, the Princess of Cambridge.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

21. Hank Hill

Hank Hill Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2013
    What a banana shortage!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I wonder if there will be a Doctor Who episode about mutated banana aliens.

22. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    It would be really LOL-sy if William and Kate name her Diana, if to hork off his dad and grandparents.

23. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    except William isn't umemployed.

24. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Welcome, baby Elsa.

[​IMG]

25. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002