JCC ROYAL BABY: Duchess of Cambridge gives birth to a son!

Discussion in 'Community' started by AaylaSecurOWNED, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Space_Caboose Jedi Master

star 1
  2. Lord Vivec Chosen One

star 7
    Getting in-jokes is a choice.
  3. Condition2SQ Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Not being able to think of a signature is a choice.
  4. Space_Caboose Jedi Master

star 1
  5. Jabba-wocky Chosen One

star 8
    AS DAYS GO BYYYYYYYYYYYYY
  6. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    Oh look, a wild tangent! Let's see where it goes.
  7. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    It'll install malware and a browser toolbar if you're not careful.
  8. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    I can't be the only one who's sadly reminded of this last series of The Thick of It with regards to this poor nurse and the appalling failure of the system and the press who sat outside her house, can I?
  9. yankee8255 Force Ghost

star 6
    Never heard of the show, but that was one of the points I was making earlier. I find the tabloid media far more culpable in this than the two DJs.
    Juliet316 likes this.
  10. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 6
    im probably the only ************ on here cool enough to have seen that show other than you (how'd that happen?) and (going by his 'tar) adam of nuchtern, and i didnt think of that at all. how did the press fail mr tickle?
  11. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    Tickell!!! His name was TICKELL!!!! :mad::_|:mad:
  12. George Roper Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I feel as though someone put a couple of Australian DJs through to this thread.
  13. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 6
    the royal family is about as much use as a marzipan dildo
  14. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Agreed, I didn't hear about the harrassment until yesterday, but I seriously doubt the DJ's did this thinking that some poor woman was going to kill herself in the end.
  15. GrandAdmiralJello Emperor: Community & Lit

Manager
    star 10
    Getting his name right is easy peasy lemon squeezy.
  16. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Let's get back to bowing to our false idols.
  17. Obi-Zahn Kenobi Chosen One

star 7
    I haven't read the thread, but has a joke about the Royal Baby being photographed nude been made yet?
  18. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    I find it difficult, difficult, lemon, difficult. (Technically that's In the Loop, but good enough).

And yeah rogue_ten, in the show the media plays the role of airing the guy's mental status in public, which is part of why he kills himself. It's a very general connection, but when I heard this story I couldn't help but wonder what kind of things might have been going on behind the scenes or which are now. Mostly I just always picture Malcolm pulling the strings of British government.
  19. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    . . .

What?
  20. Jabba-wocky Chosen One

star 8
    Because several members of that family have been photographed nude in variably public settings, embarrassing themselves, harpuah.
  21. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Or in the case of Kate, being photographed with her top off while she thought she was at a private location with her husband.
  22. Obi-Zahn Kenobi Chosen One

star 7
    "variably public" is what he said.
  23. GrandAdmiralJello Emperor: Community & Lit

Manager
    star 10
    So, Parliament is discussing Nick Clegg's bill to change the royal succession to cognatic primogeniture. Surprisingly, there seems to be strong bipartisan opposition. The argument is that the passage is being pushed with unseemly haste, both from conservative opponents (who cite problems with other titles that would still operate under male-preference primogeniture, particularly the duchies of Lancaster and Cornwall or who argue that allowing the heir to marry a Catholic would either invalidate his/her children if they were raised Catholic, or insult Catholicism by prohibiting the kids from being raised that way) and from reformist opponents who insist it doesn't go far enough.

Should the bill pass, a whole bevy of legislature would have to be amended in the UK along with 16 other realms (who have already indicated willingness to change their respective laws should the UK do so).
  24. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    That's a fair point, though. Can't really have a Catholic head of the Church of England, can you? :p
  25. GrandAdmiralJello Emperor: Community & Lit

Manager
    star 10
    Yeah, I mean, I agree with the people who think that the reform should NOT be fast-tracked and they should sit down and get this absolutely right considering that there's actually wide support for it. But I cannot fathom actual opposition to reforming the male-preference aspects, at least. If the succession to the duchies is problematic (and it surely is), abolish male-preference in general. That would be a gargantuan change and would possibly upset the reasonable expectation of second-born male heirs, but I think it needs to be done. Arguably I'd say that female firstborns would have a good case in the ECtHR if this reform passes on the royal level but not on the peerage level.