main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The Royal Family Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by AaylaSecurOWNED, Dec 3, 2012.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    This is fun, coming on the same day that a friend of mine found this old book that he thought I'd appreciate: "The Courts of Europe, Politics, Patronage, and Royalty: 1400 - 1800." Really looking forward to taking a look at that one.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    They should name the baby Little Middleton.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    BBC News says she was hospitalized for observation and also so she could be fed and rehydrated intraveniously.

4. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Obligatory yankee post for all British Royalty posts.

5. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    It's hyperemesis gravidarum which just from the name sounds pretty serious.

Dark Lady Mara likes this.
  6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It's basically bad morning sickness but because she couldn't keep anything down Kate was becoming dehydrated. Same thing happens with bad diarrhea - you lose liquids.

7. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    Right, but it has both the prefixes "hyper-" and "grav-" so it's like the doctors REALLY want you to know it's VERY BAD.

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah - it's not your normal morning sickness.

9. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    This. Hopefully she'll be okay. Poor Kate though, that can't be fun.

I hope it's a girl and they name her Diana. :D

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah. Just last week we saw footage of her visiting her old school and playing field hockey. She looked fine then. News said she spent the weekend at her parents' house and then today she went into the hospital. So it had to have been pretty sudden.

11. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Do we even know if she's keeping it?

V-2 and Darth_Arapsis like this.
  12. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    "hyperemesis gravidarum", in other words, a pregnant woman vomiting a lot, which still justifies hospitalization to make sure she stays hydrated and nourished. Congrats, and stuff.

13. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    That's way too soon! It's only been 15 years!

Just kidding. Not sure if playful sarcasm is detectable on the internets.

14. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Sometimes I feel we need somebody to build sarcasm software, but in this case, it came through fine. ;):p

15. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Or have a sarcasm typing font. Maybe something like this?

16. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    If twins I wonder if one will be sent Tatooine and the other...er Aldershot?

17. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    This is great news! I'm kinda shocked because all we heard about for months was her being pregnant and nothing was true. William will be a great dad! Cambridge has a new Prince/Princess coming! Twins would be cool, I don't think any of the current royals are twins.

Since she's like a month pregnant the baby will be coming in August!

18. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    YAY! I was born in August, so they should name the baby, if it's a girl, after me. Princess Anne was named after me, she was born on August 14th and I was born on the 1st. ;) See * below.

They will probably include Diana as a middle name, not a first name, since if this baby is a girl, she will be third in line for the throne.

My name is Anne Elizabeth. Princess Anne's entire name is: Anne Elizabeth Mary Louise.

yankee8255 likes this.
  19. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Don't be jealous that England is roughly a billion times better than you.

darthhelinith likes this.
  20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Ender, how do you feel about your embryonic future head of state? I trust you are suitably deferential and reverential.

edit: (remember guise, if it's a girl she will be third in line once all the legislation passes, even if a boy comes after! SO EXCITING)

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I have said it once, and I've said it again;

If Australia ever becomes a grubby republic I'm moving to England. Nothing good comes out of leaving the British Empire to become a republic. Nothing.

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  22. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Hmm...As an American, I tend to disagree with Ender_Sai's post.

Juliet316 and rumsmuggler like this.
  23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Of course you do, but that's foolish pride kicking in - can't admit you made a horrible mistake!

Imagine how much better life would be if you guys played real sports; drove on the correct side of the road (as opposed to right side of the road); had the prefix Royal in front of your armed services and other governmental branches, and actually spoke English.

I wouldn't know how to cope with a world where people didn't say "I just spit!"

24. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    It goes without saying that 'Soda' would be the perfect name. King Soda. Queen Soda. Brilliant either way.
    But that would have destroyed the entire premise of The Naked Gun. Blasphemy!

25. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Oh yes, what a terrible shame it is here in the U.S. that we don't have a false throne that's a huge mark on the culture in which the announcement of an eventual heir causes so much inane excitement.