main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The Royal Family Thread (Gone Girl Edition)

Discussion in 'Community' started by AaylaSecurOWNED, Dec 3, 2012.

?

Did Kate really Photoshop the picture of her children?

1. Yes, in keeping with the can-do, salt of the earth image the Royals are known for

8.7%
  2. No, one of their many courtiers did it and she's taking the blame for some reason

17.4%
  3. No, the dastardly Megan Markle hacked Kensington Palace to frame Kate

21.7%
  4. No, it wasn't Photoshopped. Her kids and their clothes just look like that

17.4%
  5. No, she's actually dead

34.8%
  1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    The Australian one has British teeth.

2. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    I'm sure the baby will be raised in such a non royal way that people all over the Kingdom will have grandpa yell at them all through dinner about how they are heading off some cliff. Like my dinner tonight...

3. Bender666

Bender666 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    He's taken too many blows to the head playing hockey.

4. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    His teeth have fared remarkably well considering...

5. Bender666

Bender666 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Probably wearing a full face Itech. What a wuss.

6. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    That doesn't help the handicapped image.

7. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Well, Harry is officially the useless bother now :p

If it's a boy, they had better name it Arthur.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  8. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    who carreessssssssss

9. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
  10. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
  11. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I am predicting that if its a girl, it'll be named Diana.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  12. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I was reading speculation earlier that a princess might be given the name Diana as a middle name rather than a first one.

The monarchy, in the last thousand or so years, hasn't been that original with names. It would be quite probably for this trend to continue.

13. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    What? No, they're straight. The grin is probably due to a combination of MDMA and alcohol, making the face an Australian aged between 16 and 24.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Tell us again how amazing the First Daughters are, Wocky. In particular, I'm curious as to why we should adore them other than the fact that their surname is "Obama."

15. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Who says it's owed? It's all in good fun. People find them fascinating.

16. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Oh, dear. I asked him a similar question in our PEOPLE interview just now. He went ballistic.

DarthTunick likes this.
  17. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    So that makes wocky's interview, what, 5 years in the making?

MrZAP and Coruscant like this.
  18. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Because they are very nice young girls. They are responsible and well-behaved. The few reports of their private behavior that have ever made it to public attention (eg Sasha's reaction to the younger Hiltons) are both charming and commendable. Could we say the same of many children? Probably, yes. It is something of happenstance that these are in the public eye. But no one has ever argued that they ought to be valued independent of all this. If they spent their time abusing their father's power to get drunk abroad (to pick a random example), I would not be so laudatory. Yet, that is specifically the nature of the argument about royalty. That people should be honored because they are "royal" independent of anything else. That is an outrageous philosophy, and people should feel ashamed for ever propagating it.

NYCityGurl: That is ridiculous. You and some other individuals might personally find the individuals fascinating. But the whole concept of royalty is built quite explicitly on a idea that ties a specific family to the broader national identity in absurd fashion. There is a huge and unrelenting public relations campaign dedicated to precisely this element, and there has been for centuries. Just because you don't buy into it personally doesn't mean it isn't there.

19. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    "PEOPLE Interview" is what Wocky and I call our 24/7 love-fest.

20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Would you ever have known they existed if they weren't named Obama? "Happencestance" my foot.

Unless you regularly monitor the behavior of random "nice young girls," that is.

So hypocrite or creeper? You choose!

Ender_Sai likes this.
  21. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I, on the other hand, hate the institution of royalty, feel a sort of pity for the Honey Boo-Boo clan, and I don't care about Sasha and Malia. I AM NON-HYPOCRITICAL IN THIS INSTANCE.

MrZAP and Lord Vivec like this.
  22. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    No, I certainly wouldn't know of their existence otherwise. I also wouldn't know of Sandra Fluke if Rush Limbaugh hadn't decided to spend several hours attributing wild sex acts to her. But I guess I don't see your point. How someone comes to public or personal attention is irrelevant. What matters is the criteria for evaluating once they are known. I am talking about actual elements of their own behavior. The logic of royalty does not make any such allowance, as it is based in an a priori judgment.

23. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    hypocreeper?

24. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    But you're slightly dishonest though. In that you're jealous you don't have a monarch as your head of state and it chews you up inside.

25. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    I like the monarchy. I think it's pretty damn good, as a matter of fact. I have no problem with the idea that some people somewhere call themselves royal and style themselves king, queen, and princes/princesses. Equally, I have no beef with the fact that the people they symbolically reign over seem to enjoy their special, royal family and aren't (currently) taking up pitchforks and running them out of palaces.

However, I'm perfectly content being American and would not trade it for any other culture and nationality in the world.

Except Sri Lankan. Sri Lanka is cool.