JCC ROYAL BABY: Duchess of Cambridge gives birth to a son!

Discussion in 'Community' started by AaylaSecurOWNED, Dec 3, 2012.

1. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    My response to Rogue_Ten: given that I have very nearly literally danced on Cromwell's grave, I am not troubled in the slightest what that tedious, fun-hating puritan bore thought.
  2. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    That wasn't these two. That was another set of terrible DJs.
  3. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Still the same station though. (And presumably the same management that thought the incident with the 14-year old was a good idea as well.)
  4. Darth_Kiryan Force Ghost

star 4
    yes...because non-monarchial countries are obviously just more free.:rolleyes:
  5. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 7
    i didnt say they were "more free", (they're not), but at least they have slightly more respect for what freedom they do have
    Last edited by Rogue_Ten, Dec 8, 2012
  6. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Given our Head of State can't really do very much, I'm not sure it's anti-freedom to have her here.
  7. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 7
  8. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    I'm quite sure The Queen has the highest respect for the freedom of the British public. We have a strong democracy and a wholly independent Head of State steeped in history (yet able to adapt) and respected across the world. Best of both worlds. I don't see how it could be better.
    Last edited by Everton, Dec 8, 2012
  9. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 7
    steeped in the history of some germans that owned your country for stupid feudal reasons
  10. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    They're naturalized though. Or are you one of those people who rant and rave about how we're ruled by some Indonesian secret Muslim?
  11. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 7
    lol i dont worship and fawn over him as the culmination of my national identity

which, btw nationalism in general is a little embarrassing but baby steps... baby steps...
  12. LostOnHoth Chosen One

star 5
    I guess from the reaction from the British media that there are no prank calls made by British radio station DJs ever. Prank calls must be a uniquely Australian aspect of radio culture. Given the purity of the British media (they certainly wouldn't tap your phone let alone make a prank call for laffs), then I can certainly understand the media current furore over this tragedy. I mean, clearly the radio station intended for this to happen, that prank calls inevitably result in the 'victim' committing suicide. Presumably this is why prank calls never form part of the radio culture in Britain. Right?
    Last edited by LostOnHoth, Dec 8, 2012
    yankee8255 likes this.
  13. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    The press / media (any press / media) will happily forget their own faults in order to decry those of others. There's no moral code at work here, just opportunism.
  14. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    I remember when Everton was a republican. I wonder what changed that.
  15. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    The Queen jumping out of a helicopter, obviously.
    jp-30 likes this.
  16. George Roper Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I'm guessing he's up for the Most Noble Order of the Garter.
  17. yankee8255 Force Ghost

star 6
    I have no basis for judgment of the two DJs, but it was a pretty harmless prank, far worse pranks are made on half the radio stations in the western world every day. It's certainly horrible that the nurse took her own life, but I can't help but think that she must have had some serious issues aside from her guilt over getting fooled.
  18. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    Doesn't shame kick in at some point and stop you posting stuff like this?

You sound like any chest thumping redneck idiot.

Having said that, our entire radio DJ lineup is a group of mouth-breathing cretins and I note that whilst the nurse had shame enough to suicide, the two DJs still live. Clearly something's not right here.
    Last edited by MarcusP2, Dec 10, 2012
  19. yankee8255 Force Ghost

star 6
    Tbh, I find the members of the media who tracked her down, camped out at her house and otherwise harassed her far more culpable than the two DJs.
    jp-30 likes this.
  20. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    Be that as it may, you have never heard anything as banal as Australian FM radio presenters.
  21. yankee8255 Force Ghost

star 6
    So we can count on you throwing yourself in front of a bus any day now? :p
  22. George Roper Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Wow. Wasn't aware of that.
  23. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  24. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    That's what any sane person would have figured. They wouldn't think the staff would be stupid enough to fall for it. I don't blame these DJ's alone (if at all), especially if other members of the media harassed the woman.

But they should be our scapegoats for the stress the media's stalker obsession with celebrities placed on one poor, probably-unstable-to-begin-with nurse. Draw and quarter, I say.
    Last edited by Darth Guy, Dec 10, 2012
    yankee8255 likes this.
  25. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    The only person who is responsible for the nurse taking her own life is the nurse herself. I feel absolutely no sympathy for anyone whose problems are oh so terrible that they feel the need to kill themselves.
    CT-867-5309 likes this.