main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The Royal Family Thread (Gone Girl Edition)

Discussion in 'Community' started by AaylaSecurOWNED, Dec 3, 2012.

?

Did Kate really Photoshop the picture of her children?

1. Yes, in keeping with the can-do, salt of the earth image the Royals are known for

8.7%
  2. No, one of their many courtiers did it and she's taking the blame for some reason

17.4%
  3. No, the dastardly Megan Markle hacked Kensington Palace to frame Kate

21.7%
  4. No, it wasn't Photoshopped. Her kids and their clothes just look like that

17.4%
  5. No, she's actually dead

34.8%
  1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    My response to Rogue_Ten: given that I have very nearly literally danced on Cromwell's grave, I am not troubled in the slightest what that tedious, fun-hating puritan bore thought.

2. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    That wasn't these two. That was another set of terrible DJs.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Still the same station though. (And presumably the same management that thought the incident with the 14-year old was a good idea as well.)

4. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    yes...because non-monarchial countries are obviously just more free.:rolleyes:

5. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    i didnt say they were "more free", (they're not), but at least they have slightly more respect for what freedom they do have

6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Given our Head of State can't really do very much, I'm not sure it's anti-freedom to have her here.

7. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
  8. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I'm quite sure The Queen has the highest respect for the freedom of the British public. We have a strong democracy and a wholly independent Head of State steeped in history (yet able to adapt) and respected across the world. Best of both worlds. I don't see how it could be better.

9. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    steeped in the history of some germans that owned your country for stupid feudal reasons

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    They're naturalized though. Or are you one of those people who rant and rave about how we're ruled by some Indonesian secret Muslim?

11. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    lol i dont worship and fawn over him as the culmination of my national identity

which, btw nationalism in general is a little embarrassing but baby steps... baby steps...

12. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    I guess from the reaction from the British media that there are no prank calls made by British radio station DJs ever. Prank calls must be a uniquely Australian aspect of radio culture. Given the purity of the British media (they certainly wouldn't tap your phone let alone make a prank call for laffs), then I can certainly understand the media current furore over this tragedy. I mean, clearly the radio station intended for this to happen, that prank calls inevitably result in the 'victim' committing suicide. Presumably this is why prank calls never form part of the radio culture in Britain. Right?

yankee8255 likes this.
  13. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    The press / media (any press / media) will happily forget their own faults in order to decry those of others. There's no moral code at work here, just opportunism.

14. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I remember when Everton was a republican. I wonder what changed that.

15. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    The Queen jumping out of a helicopter, obviously.

jp-30 likes this.
  16. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm guessing he's up for the Most Noble Order of the Garter.

17. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    I have no basis for judgment of the two DJs, but it was a pretty harmless prank, far worse pranks are made on half the radio stations in the western world every day. It's certainly horrible that the nurse took her own life, but I can't help but think that she must have had some serious issues aside from her guilt over getting fooled.

18. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Doesn't shame kick in at some point and stop you posting stuff like this?

You sound like any chest thumping redneck idiot.

Having said that, our entire radio DJ lineup is a group of mouth-breathing cretins and I note that whilst the nurse had shame enough to suicide, the two DJs still live. Clearly something's not right here.

19. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Tbh, I find the members of the media who tracked her down, camped out at her house and otherwise harassed her far more culpable than the two DJs.

jp-30 likes this.
  20. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Be that as it may, you have never heard anything as banal as Australian FM radio presenters.

21. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    So we can count on you throwing yourself in front of a bus any day now? :p

22. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Wow. Wasn't aware of that.

23. Juliet316

Juliet316 37X Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  24. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    That's what any sane person would have figured. They wouldn't think the staff would be stupid enough to fall for it. I don't blame these DJ's alone (if at all), especially if other members of the media harassed the woman.

But they should be our scapegoats for the stress the media's stalker obsession with celebrities placed on one poor, probably-unstable-to-begin-with nurse. Draw and quarter, I say.

yankee8255 likes this.
  25. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    The only person who is responsible for the nurse taking her own life is the nurse herself. I feel absolutely no sympathy for anyone whose problems are oh so terrible that they feel the need to kill themselves.

CT-867-5309 likes this.