main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Royal Guard=Clones?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by texasstatedelrio, Sep 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texasstatedelrio

texasstatedelrio Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2005
    The blue and red royal guard who appeared in the PT, were they clones too?

2. LORDVIGILANCE

LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    No. The Senate Guards were created before the clones were even in existence. The Royal Guards were hand picked from non-clone military units.

3. Darth_Spartan

Darth_Spartan Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2005
    I read somewhere in "Shadows of the Empire" that they are actually normal humans trained in pike fighting.

They are the best close combat fighters besides the Jedi and Sith.

4. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005
    Royal Guardsman are also trained in the art of "steel hands" and a variety of weapon techniques, including lightsabers.

5. texasstatedelrio

Aug 25, 2005
    I thought the Royal Guard were guys who came from within the ranks of the stormtroopers. Isn't that what happened like in the OT?

6. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    The Royal Guards are elite military officers, not clones.

7. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005
    The ROTS Visual Dictionary describes the Imperial Guard, "With the creation of the Empire, the Red Guard becomes the Imperial Guard. Palpatine picked its members from non-clone military units. However, the Imperial Guards were picked from stormtroopers in the OT. It's unknown when Palpatine changed the guidelines, but we do know they were picked for their loyalty to the Emperor, thier size, strength, intelligence, and latent Force ability.

8. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    But, you have to remember that not all Stormtroopers were clones, so you cannot assume that just because they were picked from Stormtroopers they are clones. Clones in the OT were:

-Jango Clones
    -Clones of other hosts
    -Regular people who enlisted

9. texasstatedelrio

Aug 25, 2005
    So in what capacity did the non-clone military units serve in the Clone Wars, other than being picked to join the Royal Guard?
    Did they fight along with the Clones in Clone Trooper gear?

10. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005
    So in what capacity did the non-clone military units serve in the Clone Wars, other than being picked to join the Royal Guard?
    Did they fight along with the Clones in Clone Trooper gear?

I never said that all Stormtroopers are clones. I assume that any type of clones in the OT Galactic Empire are in the minority.

Non-clone military units from the ROTS novel and the movie are officers such as Lorth Needa that serve on Venator-class Star Destroyers and maybe even like you suggested troopers who served in Clone Trooper armor, although we never seem them.

11. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Nope, because if you look in some of the backgrounds in TPM, the guards had open face helmets and they were clearly not clones.

12. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I recall Grievous's MagnaGuards beating the Royal Guards quite soundly.

Palpatine always seemed to like to keep a bunch of creepy people around him like Mas Amedda and Sly Moore. Not Sith, not Force-users...but creepy-looking and quite loyal to him. So I'd say that the Royal Guards fall into this category, and are not clones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.