1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Last_Heir_Of_Vapaad Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Hey there, I've just started a new RPG a while ago and I used to do action-based RPG on the net alot, but im a bit new to turn-based. I heard this is the place to ask about that.
    Im wondering what a good example of it is supposed to look like and exactly what the rules would be.
    Any tips or step by step instruction would be most helpful, and apreciated. Thank you.

2. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    Rules are different in each game, but a decent base for what it should look like can be found here.....it is a dueling thread and can be really helpful in learing the ropes.

You will get the basics of how to play from that thread, the only thing really to it is making sure that you do your best to portray your character, both in action and in thought...

For instance....

IC: Despised1

Despised1 walked through the area, his black cape slowly fluttering behind as he moved. Though none could see his face due to the oversized hood covering it, the red glint of his eyes could be seen from the deep shadows within. What was his intention? Was he here to offer his aid? Or was he here to test his blade against another foe? None would know until he decided to reveal his motives, if ever that time came.

TAG: Last_Heir_Of_Vapaad

It is a weak post, but you get the idea. Your main goal is to tell the story of your character, and to develop his/her traits and personality.
  3. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah, you definitely want to get into dueling if hand-to-hand combat tickles your fancy. It helped me out a lot in my earlier days, especially since I went up against experienced writers and duelers. Not only with combat, but with writing in general.

Here is another helpful link that will help you out with Star Wars-esque combat.

Toss me a PM if you need some further help with it, or if you'd even like a challenge. ;)
  4. luke_whoAmI Jedi Padawan

I once made my own rp app. yea it was pretty sweet, but not good graphics (it only used the 1 and 0 characters and you ahd to be able to translate it from binary to text, pretty 1337 for hackers) well anyway ttyl all u guys i gotta goo eat foodz
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.