main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD RPF Announcement Thread: Ramza Stepping Down, Sinrebirth Stepping Up

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , May 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Looking For Games?

Looking for a game to play? Not sure what games are open to newcomers? This thread contains a listing of games that are looking for new players, so go have a look!

2. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    RPF vs C&G - A Game Of Clue!

That's right, Clue has arrived at the RPF! Stop by this thread for some light RPing, a chance to beat the C&Gers at their own game, and colours for a day if you win. :D

~Xany

3. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    RPF vs C&G - A Game Of Clue!

That's right, Clue has arrived at the RPF! Stop by this thread for some light RPing, a chance to beat the C&Gers at their own game, and colours for a day if you win. :D

~Xany

4. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Now Allowed In RPR: Library Threads

After some discussion, the RPF mod team has decided to allow GMs to have a new type of thread we're calling Library Threads - a place to compile maps, backstories, character rosters, character sheets, soundtracks, plot summaries, planetary descriptions, faction descriptions, etc. These are intended to be a handy database for the GM and interested players (as well as making it easier for new players to catch up) and hence should have have a substantial amount of content - 'placeholder' or 'coming soon' posts don't count.

What these threads are not intended to be is a place for commentary/discussion/speculation/etc. None of that will be allowed in these threads either, as this is intended to be a repository of known information; such posts will be deleted without warning to keep the threads neat and tidy.

To facilitate upkeep of these threads, we've also turned on unlimited editing in the RPR. We trust this will not be abused. :D

We will be trialing this for three (3) months. No permission will be necessary to post one - we only ask that you keep to 1 thread per game, and use common sense about things. After 3 months, we'll reevaluate and decide whether to continue allowing them or not.

5. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Now Allowed In RPR: Library Threads

After some discussion, the RPF mod team has decided to allow GMs to have a new type of thread we're calling Library Threads - a place to compile maps, backstories, character rosters, character sheets, soundtracks, plot summaries, planetary descriptions, faction descriptions, etc. These are intended to be a handy database for the GM and interested players (as well as making it easier for new players to catch up) and hence should have have a substantial amount of content - 'placeholder' or 'coming soon' posts don't count.

What these threads are not intended to be is a place for commentary/discussion/speculation/etc. None of that will be allowed in these threads either, as this is intended to be a repository of known information; such posts will be deleted without warning to keep the threads neat and tidy.

To facilitate upkeep of these threads, we've also turned on unlimited editing in the RPR. We trust this will not be abused. :D

We will be trialing this for three (3) months. No permission will be necessary to post one - we only ask that you keep to 1 thread per game, and use common sense about things. After 3 months, we'll reevaluate and decide whether to continue allowing them or not.

6. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Wondering where TROTSTATEOTG is?

As part of a new initiative to streamline and consolidate our social threads across the Role Playing category, all social threads have been moved to the RPR and revamped as follows:

• Hoopers remains our general social thread for any sort of chatter.

• Social Thread at the End of the Galaxy has been closed and restarted as our new IC shenanigans thread under the name "Milliways: The Restaurant at the End of the Galaxy". Anything goes in there! There are no requirements on posting whatsoever (no character sheets, no rules, and players will be encouraged to use *actions* format).

• Jocasta Nu's has been closed and restarted as our general OOC discussion thread. Only talk regarding games will be allowed in there.

Visit the RPR now and check 'em out! :D

7. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Wondering where Hoopers is?

As part of a new initiative to streamline and consolidate our social threads across the Role Playing category, all social threads have been moved to the RPR and revamped as follows:

• Hoopers remains our general social thread for any sort of chatter.

• Social Thread at the End of the Galaxy has been closed and restarted as our new IC shenanigans thread under the name "Milliways: The Restaurant at the End of the Galaxy". Anything goes in there! There are no requirements on posting whatsoever (no character sheets, no rules, and players will be encouraged to use *actions* format).

• Jocasta Nu's has been closed and restarted as our general OOC discussion thread. Only talk regarding games will be allowed in there./li]

8. Visit the RPR now and check 'em out! :D
  10. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    The first ever RPF Halloween Mystery Game is up and running in the NSWRPF! Check it out here!

11. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    And on this date, the two announcement threads were merged together, for good or ill.

12. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Welcome back to the boards - for the first time!

It's a little weird, but we're now technically on new new old boards, as opposed to the new old boards and the old boards before that. Ah, the joys of data migrations.

Anyway, we've got a couple of new features here in RPF land, so be sure to read the help guides:
    Lastly, I'm not terribly keen on extreme formality, so yes, all of my announcements will be written in this sort of pedantic, pointlessly verbose style - Peng's free to do his own thing, as always. With luck, maybe that will get you to read this thread more often.

Be seeing you.

13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Yep, another announcement. We're announcing things like mad men this week. Can we keep up this blistering pace?

... Eh, probably not.

Two major alterations have been made:
    • Edit time for posts in the RPF has been set back to the traditional 90 minutes, from the temporary reduction. Thread title editing time has been made unlimited. No longer do you need to contact a mod! Do please let us know if this doesn't seem to be working properly - that means I have to tweak a few settings.
    • The navigation and genres stickies were merged into one thread. Two seemed a bit redundant.
    What does this mean for you folks? Well... not all that much, save for some minor cosmetic rearrangements.

Perhaps there's a life lesson in there.

Be seeing you.

14. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    What? An announcement? Is such a thing even possible?

... Yes it is.

Not going to bother with title editing, just thought I'd let folks know that after lots of harrowing research and digging through web archives, we've been able to rebuild our Rules and New User guides from the ground up, since truncations are still an issue. FAQ is next on the plate, which will involve my attempting to pull something straight out of the Temp Boards archives. Hopefully that'll be done in a week or two.

Be seeing you.

15. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Boom. Yes, 14 days and 3 hours after the last announcement, the FAQ is fixed and fully readable in the RPR.

In other minor bits of news, the various truncation notices have been taken down. While the issue is still being worked on, it occurs to me that almost everyone who would be concerned with such matters would certainly have gotten the news by now, or dismissed the notices outright. It'd probably just confuse the new users we get, anyway.

That's about all there is to this update - the title's been changed to accomodate both this and the previous announcement.

Be seeing you.

16. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    So those of you who have known me since before I became a moderator might know that I was never very fond of clauses in our rules which prohibited the depiction of same sex relationships in the RPF.

Consequently, today, in both my capacity as Head Administrator and as RPF Manager, I am pleased to announce that those rules have been overturned. The RPF (And Fan Fiction, for those of you that make use of both forums) no longer distinguishes between same sex and opposite sex relationships as regards the enforcement of rules. Changes appearing in the RPF Rules and RPF FAQ at this moment are not final but should be taken as indicative of the content of the final versions.

If you have questions you're free to PM either myself or Penguinator, as always.

Be seeing you.

17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    After a long hiatus, Darth_wanderguard has graciously stepped up and volunteered to help bring back the RPF Awards. Newer! Fresher! ... Some third thing!

Nominations are open until August 15th, so be sure to get them up early if you want your favorites to be eligible. Click here to go to the thread, which is conveniently located under the Awards and Contests prefix in the Resource forum.

Remember: if you don't vote, your favorites don't win. And also something really bad will happen, probably, I mean who's to say these awards don't have dire ramifications for the fate of the universe itself?! Better err on the side of caution.

Be seeing you.

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  18. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Hello!

It's been a while since we had a reason to bump this thread, and I wish it were a happier one, but... well, I'm stepping down. You can find more details in my rambling goodbye here. It's been a privilege to manage this forum and I look forward to seeing what new games and ideas come out in the future. You're all an incredibly fine bunch of posters, and it's been a privilege to work with you, collaborate with you, and watch you all these years.

As for my replacement, well... watch this space. ;)

Be seeing you.

19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Howdy,

Many of you know me as Sinrebirth, long of the EUC and the SWC, and also as Sith patriot, but I would seek to introduce myself under a new umbrella.

Moderator of the Role Playing Forum.

I am duty bound to insert a Palpatine quote on assuming any kind of position of responsibility, and as such I shall quote him accordingly.

'Once more the Sith will rule [the RPF], and we shall have peace.'

But more seriously, I'm nothing more than friendly going and I aim to be as approachable as possible. Any questions, ask away. I'm more about community than rule, and the RPF is one of the best and oldest we have on the forums.

All the best.

Sinre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Looks around

Title of this thread needs changing I think.........cause that was like two and half years ago :eek:

mutters about blooming men not cleaning up.... :p

DarthIshyZ and Bravo like this.
  21. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Sinre likes his congratulations parties to go a long, loooong time.

22. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Years apparently................years and years...............we're tired @Sinrebirth - can we go home yet?

Tay Neir and Sinrebirth like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.