main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive RPF Council Nominations

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by NaboosPrincess, Dec 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Please see this thread for the discussion that brought us to this point.

Basically, as part of the forum reform effort, we are (thanks to Protege-of-Thrawn's wonderful suggestion) going to have an RPF Council to assist in all and sundry forum business. The council will consist of 18 members serving a six-month term:

8 with user registration dates of 2003 or earlier
    6 with user registration dates during 2004
    4 with registration dates during 2005

Please use this thread to nominate RPF users for appointment to the council. There are a few rules to keep things fair and civil:
    1. You may not nominate yourself.

2. No nominating of socks or anything even mildly iffy. The council will consist of RPF regulars and those with knowledge about the forum. All nominated users will be checked to ensure they are legitimate accounts.

3. There will be a limit of ten nominations per user. I expect that many people will only be nominating 2 or 3 users, but if you want to nominate a bunch, go for it. However, the limit is ten. If this is a huge problem then PM me and we'll talk.

4. On the subject of PMs...if you don't wish to post your nomination in public, you may PM me, but I strongly encourage you to post it publically.

5. Please include a few words about your nominee(s) to help everyone get to know them better. Maybe a list of their current RPGs, qualities you like about them, why you think they make a good leader, etc.

6. Oh, and....NO CAMPAIGNING! If I catch anyone asking to be nominated, you're not getting on the Council. Period. That's not acceptable behavior, so please, please, don't even think about it!

This thread will be open for a week (until Tuesday, Dec. 13th). After nominations have closed, I will select the Council from the list of nominees and announce them, hopefully by Dec. 17th.

Thanks to everyone who has helped develop this idea. I appreciate the enthusiasm and helpfulness and look forward to working with you all to help expand and improve our forum. :)

NP edit: Thanks for all the nominations. I'll close this thread now.

2. Darth_Joesha

Darth_Joesha Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    i'd like to nominate Imperial_Hammer as he's always been a sturdy member of the RPF and can be relied on to produce a number of original RPGs. I know that every RPG that i've been in with him has always been good due to the quality of his RPing.

3. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    I'm going to be doing three of these.... 3 from 05, 3 from 04, and 4 from 03 ..... yeah, I'll use my full slate, why not.... ;)

Class of 05

Darth_Integral: As Co-GM of his Clans RPG, I've been very impressed, not only with its success, but with the time and effort this player put into his design and development process. He took a very very tricky idea, namely to make a Civilizations Style game, and ran with it really well. In discussions with him in PM and through AIM, he seems to be well fit for the Council. In addition, his posts as GM in in Clans, and as a racer in my Podracing RPG has shown him to not only know the style and function of the RPF, but that he works extremely well within in, creating marvellous situations and demonstrating a quality above and beyond his peers.

Slumvillage: A real under-the-radar player, I never really stopped to admire his work until just recently, with his participation in System Lords, Clans, and the Test. Again, another player that is well versed in RPF Protocol and delievers lengthy, quality posts in a variety of situations and circumstances. His work in the three aforementioned RPGs has been extremely impressive, and it is of my opinion that he more than deserves a seat on the council.

DARTH_bojangles: As my RPF Padawan, I think Darth_Bo has done a great job growing in this forum, becoming a player of quality and creativity. Although I have slight reservations about his relative exclusivity to only certain games, I think that such a fact might actually work in his favor on being a council member. I have worked with him extensively outside of the RPF for our characters in Carboneye, and his creativity and cooperation in creating exciting storylines, even at the expense of his own character's well being is something that speaks volumes about the potentiality of such a player.

My 04 noms will come sometime tomorrow I'd reckon.

4. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    =D= for NP's fast work. I think the setup you have will work fine. :)

Before I add my own nominations and admiration for players, I would like a clarification of a question that came to mind?which I think would be useful for everyone to hear.

Should we, or is it useful to, nominate someone who has already been nominated?

5. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    I might as well say this now to save everyone time and thought.

DO NOT NOMINATE ME. I do not have the time to participate in such an endeavour.

Thank you.

6. LadyZaraMarta

LadyZaraMarta Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2004
    In considerating nominations I believe we should also remember why we are all here.

1 The love of Star Wars is something we all have in common.
    2 We enjoy writing. Some of us may be better than others but with practice comes improvement.Its a hobby.
    3 Real life can be difficult enough. Many of us may come here to escape, to relieve pressure.

I have never cared for the term 'newbies.' We were all new at 1 time.

Those who sit on the council must have compassion, respect and a sense of humor.

Most people will respond to kindness in a similiar manner.
    If people are attacked, critcized and browbeaten they will respond in a similiar manner.

I would like to nominate the following to sit on the Council.
    Reading their posts here and on various threads have convinced me that they would treat all, regardless of their writing abilites or 'newness' with compassion, respect and dignity.

GrandAdmiralJello Nov 00

Imperial Hammer Sept 04

Kalio Dynkos May 04

DarthIntegral July 05

TyiMaetNefer June 05

EDIT 1: If any of these names are 'socks' its is not to my knowledge, and I apologize if I have nominated a sock! I nominate the being behind the name.

7. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004
    Class of 02

Dubya_Scott
    I am nominating him because he is a very good player. He is also a great leader.

Ktala
    I am nominating her because she is a very good player. She is also a great leader.

Class of 04

darth_nemisis
    I am nominating him because he is a very good player. He is also a great leader.

Imperial_Hammer

8. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Should we, or is it useful to, nominate someone who has already been nominated?

Excellent question, should've covered that in the opening post, sorry. The simple answer is this: once someone is nominated, they are on the list. You don't really need to nominate them again. But I won't be yelling at anyone if they forget like I would for the RPF Awards. :p

9. masterluke9

masterluke9 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    I would like to nominate BenSkywalker he's been in so many rp's and he's still from 05 which i think makes him a slamdunk for the council

10. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    Hmmm...as my two votes are already taken (Tyi-Maet_Nefer and Slumvillage - well done, guys :D ) I will place a vote in for Kartanym ('02) and - most definitely - Pulsarskate ('03). :)
    Even if they may not want the vote...I honestly have no idea.

Both are extremely talented writers who I try to emulate. Their writing style and imagination behind their words is admirable, and I believe they would make - and have made - valuable contributions to the RPF in general. :)

11. Mace_Windu101

Mace_Windu101 Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 3, 2004
    I have four votes, two '04 and two '05.

First off, '05ers:

Darth_Integral - I have to agree with Imperial_Hammer on this one, I have seen his Role-playing skills, and they are good quality posts. I'd he would do a great job on the RPF Council, and one of the best nominations around here. :)

DARTH_Bojangles - Once again, I agree with Imperial_Hammer, I've played with him in an RPG before and witnessed his excellent Role-playing abilities. He is detailed, and has a wide range of intricate words that help prove his skills. I have also read many of his posts in other RPG's that I look around at, and he does fantastic jobs with the character's he plays.

'04ers:

darth_nemesis - darth_nemesis is an brilliant Role-Player who has a great vocabulary. I have seen only decent posts from nemesis. They are never misspelt posts, and are always long and intricate. He also has the experience, so that is one of the reasons why I'm voting darth_nemesis for the Role Playing Forum Council.

Darth-Vassago - My next '04 choice would be Darth-Vassago. He has fantastic Rol-Playing skills, with an incredible imagination. He is descriptive, and does excellent jobs on his posts. He has done well with his Sith Trials RPG, and I think he deserves well to be on the RPF Council.

12. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    Glad to see the council is being created. I loved the idea when I first heard about it. Alot of people who I wanted to nomiate already were.

-Detonating-Rabbit: Great GM in The Star Wars 4. Great at making things highly complicated. lol. Iv'e only worked with him in that RP, and I am very impressed with his GM'ing skills.

-Lightside Apprentice: My adopter a couple weeks ago. He is a great GM and has adopted alot of noobs so we know he is dedicated to to Adoptions Program.

-Dubya_Scott: GM of a highly active and popular game. Also a Shark fan. Thats always good.

-BartSimpson-SithLord: In two RP's with him, and have seen very well written posts to help the game along.

Ill get other years in later.

13. master_voldemort

master_voldemort Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2005
    I know he's been nominated, but I would like to say it any way.

Nominations
    +BenSkywalker '05
    He's is a great rp'er, and is a great person in general. He is a smart man, and should get the chance to be on this council. He is probally one of the best people around here.
    +Sith_Lords '04
    He is also a great rp'er. He's post are probally also one of the best around. I read though some of his stuff, and think that he would be perfest for the job.

I know I've had some trouble with you in the past, S_L, but I must speep the truth. You are a great rp'er.

14. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    What would this council be doing? What would they discuss?

15. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    Check out the reform thread.

16. Sith_Lords

Sith_Lords Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    I'll do my before 03 first:

bterrik - I did not know him before he joined SL3, but he is an excellent roleplayer, and it has been a pleasure to role play with him,

BLemisik - Fantastic posts, a joy to roleplay with, and GM for. He has a brilliant imagination, all his posts a pleasure to read.

Master_Vicky - Another great roleplayer, who always has a dazzling post waiting for her players.

That's all for now. I'll do my 04ers and 05ers tommorow, if i have time.

17. DARTH-bojangles

DARTH-bojangles Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2005
    Wow! my undying thanks to those who nominated me![:D]

'03 or earlier-

SITH-I-5: The sheer hilarity of SITH's posting alone merits the nomination of this talented RPer. Also, his skills of word, story pace, and creativity are bolstered by warm and endearing personality that contributed greatly to this humble Newbie's growth over the months. Very few RPers posts reflect the person on the other side of the screen, but it is painfully obvious that SITHY here puts his whole self into his work on this Forum and such a work ethic would make the Council's efforts reach unimagined heights.

LIVI-WAN: I think it's also crystal clear that LIVI here and SITHY were twins seperated at birth only to be unknowingly reunited on these Forums. LIVI has on countless occassions created characters that are so life like, they become bigger than the RPG itself. Markus Carfax from DUBYA's award winning 007 series is such an example. I find myself constantly thinking in real life just how I can come here and annoy LIVI's Markus. That's the kind of RPing that doesnt come from teaching... it's just been born into the person. And LIVI here was born to this nomination to the Council.

LIGHTWARDEN: I've only recently met this particular RPer, but his attention to detail is absolutely incredible and merits a nomination to the Council. One can easily see the effort 'WARDEN puts into factchecking and research for his posts. Such efforts very much so deserve a nomination to a Council that would greatly benefit from such skills that reflect so much experience and talent.

DUBYA_SCOTT: (yeah I know he's already been nominated, but his praises have hardly yet been sung:p ) A GM of high repute with which very few can compare to, but his merits go far beyond that. Probably the nicest and genial RPer on the boards. The methodical care I've seen him take with his Award Winning 007 series is just the sort of thing that would greatly benefit the Council. His RPing skills work in a very successful conjunction with his role as a top notch GM, which show his leadership ability as well that would lead the Council to great things.

BARTSIMPSON_SITHLORD: Here's where the last nomination of mine comes into play. BSSL, a compatriot of mine since month one of me joining the Forums here. Another of the deserving people who put so much into thier characters and someone who I consider a dear friend both in the CarbonEye RP and out of it. His willingness for cooperation would be essential for a place on the Council.

'04-

IMPERIAL_HAMMER: (again :p ) The person who has contributed the most to my growth as an RPer and a person overall. I feel like the luckiest newbie to have been adopted by who I feel is the top RPer on the boards. End of Discussion. 'HAMMER's insight, wisdom, and creativity are invaluable to a successful Council. I've spent long times outside of the Forums brainstorming for things to contribute to RPGs. That kind of dedication and work ethic are what make 'HAMMER the great RPer he is and coupled with his generousity make him a great person on and off of the boards here.

DARTH_VADERS_COUSIN: Anyone who even slightly knows DVC will find an obvious passion and love for RPing on these boards. His intensity and good humor have brought an invaluable measure of fun and creativity to the CarbonEye RPG. That kind of an intensity and drive combined with his dominant personality will ensure the Council gets the things it desires accomplished without deviation.

'05-

RILWEN_SHADOWFLAME: A spectacular Lady RPer who can RP her way into and out of any situation imaginable. She's a credit to these boards and her skills as an RPer reflect the ability anyone should desire to be a part of the Council.

GOBLINFIRE: Another recent aquaintance on this Forum and he instantly impressed me with his skills in 'HAMMER's PodRacer RPG.

And those are my nominations... Peace, Love, and Happy RPing~BOJANGLES:cool:

18. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    greyjedi125 - I would like to nominate greyjedi because he is a tremendous Role-Player, and is a great GM, having been a tremendous GM in IBoP for a long time running now. He has a lot of knowledge about RPing. He would be an excellent choice for a Council Member.

Despised1 - He has been into Roleplaying for a while now, and is a great RPer. He has been in control of more than one successful RP, and knows the ropes. He would also be a great candidate for a RPer.

If I think of more, I will post them. :)

19. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    And, the Nominations for Council are?.(though I think they?ve all been done already?)

(03 and prior)

Sith-I-5: Between the skill in which he writes, the depth of character he creates, and the great work he puts into an RPG with out even being asked (I?m talking about the character Roster) Sith-I-5 is by far one of the best RPers I?ve seen IC and Out. His devotion to an RPG can only be rivaled by his devotion to the Forum. One of, if not the, dearest friends I have on the boards?my affectionately termed British Twin.

Livi-Wan: You?ve got to give credit where credit is due. Livi is an excellent RPer, a joy to play with, and all around a great person. Stemming from her abilities as an RPer, as Bo said, she can bring any character to life and weave any character, no matter how trivial, into the story. Characters, such as the Paramedic, who begin with a trivial role in driving an ambulance or walking down the street soon find themselves immersed with in the 007 Galaxy?just because Livi was around. Again, incredibly devoted and well versed, Livi is also one of my dearest friends on the boards. Plus, you gotta love a Hitchhiker?s fan.

Dubya_Scott: At the risk of sounding redundant, You have to give credit where credit is due. ?Daddy? Dubya is the GM of one of the Forums most successful RP series, Star Wars: 007-style. The ability to GM 3 award winning RPGs, in succession, with out failure to deliver the experience and carry over the magic that made us join it in the first place. Anyone who can provide this in 3 games over the course of?has it really been a year now?

greyjedi125: I?ve played very little with GJ, but I love him all the same. From the beginning to the revival of the X-Men RPG (as new GM) he has proven his mettle time and time again. Very encouraging and always there if you have a question. An excellent leader and better RPer.

(04)

Imperial_Hammer: The one person who started me in all of this, my friend from day 1 in the EUC, EUS, BMC, CJ, and now RPF, Imp has been my rock. Have a question, ask Imp. Need to bounce Ideas off someone, ask Imp. Need to find a good RPG, look for Imp. The fact that he has been nominated so many times just adds to the fact that he is one of the BEST players on these boards. I have way more reasons, but the last 4 people pretty much summed it up for me.

(05)

Uber_Ed: From his ?n00bish? beginnings to the skilled RPer he is today, Ed has always asked if he was doing things right. He is one of the fastest learners I have ever seen, and easily surpassed me in post quality (comparatively) his first month. He would make a great addition to any council.

DARTH_bojangles: Another ?n00b? I?ve watched grow up post wise. He has integrated himself as part of the 007 family, and has found a place deep in my heart. His addition to story lines and exceptional RPing make him a great candidate for the Council. He is also an adoptee, so he knows a bit about the Adoptions here in the RPF.

RILWEN_SHADOWFLAME: Able to play anyone and RP out of anything, she is a great RPer and a recent addition to the GM community. Her abilities have been great since her beginnings, and she?s worked her way right into my heart as well. (She?s under Bo?s legs, getting jabbed by Imp?s elbow, and head butted by Sith and his Siamese twin Livi?but still in there and alive :p)

20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I believe that nominating someone more than once isn't necessarily a bad case in this instance, since unlike awards, the results of this event will continue to be increasingly relevant. In that way, multiple nominations can be seen as an endorsement and confirmation of a particular individual's suitability.

I'm here to nominate an individual of outstanding virtues and tremendous preeminence on this board. There were quite a few of the leading individuals I could name, and I might later nominate some more, but it'd be a crime not to put this name forward. There was at least one other I intended to nominate, but alas, he has declined any such nomination. So, I put forth someone of impeccable standing among his peers and of unquestionable determination to see good things done/

[color=red][b][i]Protege-of-Thrawn[/b][/i][/color]

21. Rayson

Rayson Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    '01
    Protege-of-Thrawn: Despite PoT's insane, and albeit quirky antics, a most skilled and capable RPer, incredibly devoted, and very experienced. I have to agree with Jello when I say that yes, it would be a crime not to put his name forward. I hope to see him as a leading member!

'03
    Milney: I've chosen to nominate Milney for his undying support, the work and time he's dedicated to the the RPF's Adoption Program. Besides his support for the forum, Milney is a skilled and detailed writer, one of which I would be proud to have on our council.

'04
    Imperial_Hammer: I_H has already been nominated? Of course he has. Imperial_Hammer is one of the most competent GM's I have ever seen. He know's how to handle different characters in and out of game, and can at the same time write a beautiful, well-detailed, thought out story with only his fingers and perhaps a shot or two of caffeine ;). I_H will do a wonderful job on council.

Personally, I'd like to see DarthAttorney back in here, but I highly doubt he would ever except a nomination.

22. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Thank you very much Nemisis, but I would like to withdrawl my nomination. I don't spend much time in this forum any more, I would not be of much help here.

23. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    I agree with Jello, my noms will probably be repeats..... the message is clearer if the more noms are put towards the same person...

And by the way, there are so few 04s! I never noticed....

Class of 04

Darth_Nemisis: Although I haven't been in many RPGs with the player, Nemesis' reputation precedes him. I've talked to him here and there on line, and he has offered me great ideas on how to improve my RPGs. On my attempts to get into Sith Trials, he has always been of great help to me, even though outside circumstances seemed to get in the way. His posts are always top notch, and I think he will serve as an excellent addition to the council.

Darth_Vassago: Again, another powerful RPer from Trials, I've heard so much about Vassago, I cannot help but to nominate him. His GMing of Trials seems to be of the highest caliber, and his posts as such in character show nothing but professionalism and skill in the trade. As a council member, I'm sure he will have much knowledge due to his unique experiences in Trials that will enrich our membership.

Pashatemur: For this one, I am nominating to drag her out of the GAW3 hiding grounds and into the forum at large. Pashatemur's posts and GMing of her RPG ranks her among the best role players in the RPF in my eyes. Her posts are impossibly long and extremely well thought out, showing almost a superhuman effort. Pashy has experienced more in her one RPG than many of us have experienced in the forum, and such knowledge and wisdom should be put on the council without question.

-03s and Beyond tommorrow.... ;)

24. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Thank you, NP. I was thinking along those lines, I just wanted confirmation beforehand. :) And I agree with Jello's comments above as well.

Okay, I'll just go to the maximum as well. ;) Unfortunately, a list I compiled of a whole heap of candidates was too big. :( And I know many of these have already been mentioned, but that can't be helped. :)

Also, thank you [b]Deto[/b] for nominating those two already. :)

[u]Nominations:[/u]

[b]NaboosPrincess[/b]

... :D Do we need too? :p

[blockquote][i]'03[/i][/blockquote][b]GrandAdmiralJello[/b]
    ? I can't believe he hasn't been mentioned yet! Being one of the founders and players of the RPF, he has a wealth of knowledge. Over my time here, I have gained a tremendous amount of respect for the man, from his writing to his manner. But, I'm sure NP knows all this already.... :p

[b]Ktala[/b]
    ? She is probably the longest lasting player to continually be active with all sorts of games. Her activity in all of the smaller games that come around is just great to see, as her experience can be a great help. Someone who deserves this recognition.

[b]LightSide_Apprentice[/b]
    ? BOP - IBOP. What more do you need to say? His GMing ability is amazing, as is his continual service for the flagship game of the RPF. Wherever he adds his experience, it is always a pleasure to read. His posts are like the eminence of English. ;)

[b]Protege-of-Thrawn[/b]
    ? Probably the most crazed and at the same time intelligent person I've seen. I wasn't, unfortunately, around when he was a Mod, but I can clearly see why he was. His intellect is one of the highest I have seen?ever. And his suggestions in the reform thread were brilliant, fine ideas that were something new. ;) And his sense of humour is perfect! :D

[b]Detonating-Rabbit[/b]
    ? Someone who a lot of people wouldn't actually know about. But, he is a good person to have in the RPF, his RPing ability is amongst the top. He's a great person who deserves credit when credit is due. Which is now. :)

[b]LightWarden[/b]
    ? Another player who not as many people would have seen?although he has probably seen you. His posts are so well thought out, I wonder sometimes how long it took for him to do them. :p His thoughtful contribution would be a bonus.

[blockquote][i]'04[/i][/blockquote][b]Imperial_Hammer[/b]
    ? Well, it's not much of a surprise to read his name again, is it? Easily, [i]easily[/i], one of the best things to happen to the RPF. Not only with the multitude of games that he has GMed, but his service and input in other threads is great stuff to see. I can't say much more than what has already been said, he is just the ultimate all-round person. :)

[blockquote][i]'05[/i][/blockquote][b]DarthIntegral[/b]
    ? Someone I've noticed recently who is a fine poster to say the least. His new RPG is a very well thought out one, and his RPing skills are excellent. I have also seen him post elsewhere, and he is always very well spoken.

[b]YoungAngus[/b]
    ? Someone whom I've been involved with since my second RPG, which, mind you, is still running. A great person, and someone who is always around. He posts well and has been a thrill to play with.

[b]slumvillage[/b]
    ? Mate! :D Watching his improvement from the moment Sai adopted him up till now has just been breathtaking. I've been playing with him since the beginning, and he has developed into one of the better new RPers around. He truly puts his whole heart into all his posts. [face_happy]

25. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    Something I should have said initially when I mentioned him for nomination, but I probably couldn't have written it better than this. I was watching his posts long before I joined, and I completely agree with Tyi. :)
    And it's also great to see YounAngus being nominated. :) Again, I completely agree with Tyi

Congrats to everyone who's been nominated. I must say that it's a pleasure to write with, and to read the writing of, so many talented RPers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.