1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars RPF Lightsaber Combat thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarthKakarot, Jul 4, 2005.

Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Mister_Master Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC: I guess I got a little carried away. I am also not used to playing this character this week. I have always played him when he was a Sith Lord. Just disregard the post. I am just going to end it.

IC: Torturous

Torturous twirled his staff around pushing the Sith Lords blade away from his hand. He could feel the heat fly past his hand. Any closer and it would have trimmed the hair off, and probably his fingers too. Though his concentration was on the Master, his awareness never left the other Sith he was previously fighting. So it didn't surprise him went the other Sith turned on him.

Torturous dived forward out of the reach of the blade. He rolled out of reach of the blade, but it was over. His energy was gone, and the roll left him vulnerable. He couldn't continue the way he was. He had very little training. He had the basic quarter staff, and hand to hand training but that wasn't enough to defeat his opponent. Torturous through his staff on the ground, and stood up. "You win. Finish me if you wish."

Tag: JK, Sinre.
  2. JediKnight20043 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Ephodos

The minion knelt before him defeated, but alive. A wonder in itself, very few survived a battle with Ephodos. He turned to his Master, "The minion fought well my lord. He would make a great asset to the order"

TAG: Sinre
  3. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    IC: Darth Insipid
    Esfandia, 145 ABY

The minion had done as expected; but perhaps the apprentice had turned on him, far too early. He would bear attention. Intriguing. Darth Insipid smiled at Ephodos. "Very well, my friend. Rise as a Sith. I bequeath the title of 'Darth' upon you, as is our right. Torturous, get up. You have played your role - and that is what you must understand. Rise. Return to your master."

The Dark Lord looked into space. It was time to leave, to take the fleet to Lehon, before Darth Ardeur responded. "Come. The galaxy awaits."

TAG:
  4. Anabel_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Anabel Darklight

A lone Jedi Knight enters the arena. A small slim woman with cropped blond hair, that many an adversary had underestimated upon first glance. The human unclipped her lightsaber from her belt, activating the silver blade and swinging it in wide lazy arcs through the air.

She was out of practice, true enough. Perhaps it had the fall of her Padawan to the Sith that had caused the Knight to shun the presence of other Force-users for so long. The shame had been a heavy burden to bear. Glancing around the room, the woman took note of the other Jedi and non-Jedi around her. Still, despite a long absence, her skills in the Force would surely be enough to take on a few of the youngsters here.

TAG: Anyone who wants a quick fight. I use Ataru form
  5. darthhelinith Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Darth Helinith

Darth Helinith strode into the arena, feeling confident.
    The Sith were growing stronger, despite efforts to weaken they're ranks, and she had the best husband- the best family that a Sith could want. Sure, the others of the Temple shunned her choices, but she felt stronger than ever, she could almost be considered a Master, a Lord among Sith.
    Again, she possibly never would be; others never seemed to take her seriously, but she WAS strong. She had been in the order now far longer than many of the others. She was beginning to feel a mature masterful lull in the force, verging on effortless. The force was with her and darkness called.

Atropos was calling again...
    A Jedi.

It was a very long time since she had last purged the galaxy of this filth. Intriguing.
    Worth a closer look perhaps.

She stopped opposite this opponent, about 10ft away, watching...hating...
    Specifics didn't matter. This was a disciple of the light, one of the order who stole her only daughter from her.
    Time to purge from the galaxy this scum of the earth.

TAG: Anabel_Skywalker

OC: Back handed Shien. Not that you know that, of course. ;)
  6. Anabel_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Anabel Skwalker

The Jedi Knight's focus sharpened instinctively, sensing the Sith's intent. The woman reeked of the DarkSide; the Jedi Knight frowned at the ugliness of it as seen through the eyes ofthe Force. Such a beautiful creature - wasted on the despoiling influence of evil. Anabel grinned uneasily as the woman accepted her open challenge, bringing her shimmering arc of her blade to an upright salute.

"I sense great arrogance in you, fallen Knight. The Dark Side has made you proud. Perhaps too much so..."

Anabel watched the Sith grit her teeth, activate her blood-red saber. She remained calm as the other woman raced forward to strike, raising her silver blade and falling into her opening stance.

TAG: Darth Helinith
  7. darthhelinith Force Ghost

star 5

The Sith woman quickly pulled the Dark Side around her, pulling her lightsaber off her belt and shrugging her long cloak off her shoulder armour.

"I sense great arrogance in you, fallen Knight. The Dark Side has made you proud. Perhaps too much so..."

The Sith Warrior flared her nostrils softly, activating her crimson blade which was so old now, and yet still a perfect weapon.

"I never fell, Jedi. I was found. Raised in an era before this one, under the most powerful Sith."

She lept at the woman's head, aiming for a quick decapitation.

TAG: A_S
  8. Anabel_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Anabel Skywalker

Anabel watched the Sith leap before her, knocking the red blade to the side as it went sweeping for her head. There was certainly the twisted hate in the woman to be reckoned with...

Cutting a quick parry to her torso, the Knight launched into a series of lightning-fast counter-attacks, aiming for the Sith's bare lower arms and legs. Taking one hand off the hilt of her saber, she drew upon the dust of the arena floor with the Force, lauching the grey mist before the Sith's eyes, even as she leapt clear over the Sith's crimson sword...

"You are confused Sith, wrapped in the anger you took so freely from your Master - you became a slave to it!"

TAG: Darth Helinith

(grr, my laptop keeps crashing!)

9. darthhelinith Force Ghost

star 5

Helinith hissed as the dust rose, but called on the darkness to be her eyes, as she used a burst of force speed to remove herself from the dust cloud, as she could feel the presence of her opponent far closer than was comfortable.
    Gathering the force about her, she was suddenly interrupted by the chirrup of her comm.

"Angel? Are you there? We've been assigned a mission, leaving immediately."
    Darth Helinith groaned, seeing her lightsaber duel disappear before her eyes.
    "Mal, I'm kinda in the middle of something here sweetheart. Can't you give me an hour?"
    "Lord Insipid's orders."
    "That kriffing, neuf hearding, son of a blaster. I swear he does this deliberately. Meet you at the ship in...10 minutes."

Darth Helinith shut off the comm rather violently.
    "My former Master delights in ruining my victories. Consider this duel in no way finished Jedi. Merely...postponed."

The Sith Warrior left the arena, in a foul mood.

TAG: No one

OC: Have to head for bed now, sad times. Well, it is like 2am here.
    EDITS: Spelling and markups.
  10. A_Sith_and_a_Vampire Jedi Knight

Hanasuke Yukimori

?... and in the garden of Dinegia, I will pace and contemplate; in the eyes of my enemy, I will stand and persevere; my enemy will strike, I will vanquish with neither shears nor brutality; deception is my weapon, yet the blade I use bounds me to this plane... when my hand releases its final strike, my blade will drop, and once again I will be welcomed into the embrace of Dinegia...? The string of prayers had been uttered for what seemed to be days, the other inhabitants of the dormitories unaware of Hanasuke's presence. Darkness had filled the room, a sort of fasting induced by Yukimori's belief system. As a Ho'Din, though not a true plant, being away from the life-giving warmth of the sun was akin to going days without nourishment.

He emerged from his dormitory his white haori flowing with his slow steps. The geta upon his feet clicked against the durasteel plating of the floor. ?Unnatural...? He thought as he re-familiarized himself with his surroundings. The arena was no place for someone like him. Everything seemed so... artificial. Nothing was natural. It sent a chill through his indigo scales...

Yukimori canted his head to the side to enter a low-clearance door, his hand placed above the opening to assist in his entry. His dark eyes focused in the light of the dueling arena, catching glimpses of various other sentients. He'd met none of them before. In fact, he'd heard nothing of any of their skills or abilities through his self-induced isolation since coming to the Arena.

Others would see a strikingly tall being, one with smooth indigo scales and snakelike protrusions from his head tied back in a long ponytail. Despite the colorful nature of his people, his outfit was more monochrome blacks and whites: white shitagi, hakama-himo, and tabi; black kosode and hakama. Over all of it, a white haori with a gray-earthen tone on the underside. A pair of wooden geta completed his outfit, adding to Hanasuke's already behemoth stature.

?Hm...? He hummed as he turned his head slowly to the left, gaging the change in pressure for a moment. If it came to combat anytime soon, he would have to adjust to his surroundings quickly. His suction-cupped fingers gripped the wooden haft of the polearm at his back, wondering if now of all times, would be the best time to test his mettle.

TAG:
  11. darthhelinith Force Ghost

star 5
    OCC: Okay, I'm going to be playing a sith apprentice of a simular skill level, Denal.
    @ Anabel_ Skywalker; if you're there, I wouldn't mind continuing our duel.

IC: Ho'ka Gadth

Stupid stupid stupid.
    He was a Sith. He was meant to be out, standing proudly at his Master's side; conqering planets- whole SYSTEMS. And instead he had to duel a little jedi thing.
    Not even a knight, but a padawan.
    Force, he could handle a Master if his own Master wanted him to. This was just degrading.
    He had a good mind just to blab his way outta this one. Go back and say the Jedi didn't turn up. Surely that counted as an instant win by default?

Ho'ka kicked a stone with his foot in the middle of the ring, sulkily half hoping his opponent wouldn't show up.

TAG: Denal
  12. Denal Jedi Knight

star 3
    IC: KOTDE ANATL

Well this is just perfect. Everything that could possibly go wrong has. First, his master thinks that he's ready to take on a sith apprentice; they both know I'm not nearly that good. Then, his transport winds up at the wrong system. By the time he finally arrives, nearly ten hours late, he's already exhausted. He knows that complaining won't do him any good, but he has nothing better to do until the duel starts.

TAG: Darthelinith

13. darthhelinith Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Ho'ka Gadth

Ho'ka looked up sulkily as the Jedi entered.

"'Bout time too."

He pulled his lightsaber out of a pocket in his black clock which was far too big for him, and pulled off his outer robe with the air of one who would much rather be doing somthing else. The Sith looked his opponent up and down with a bored expression.

"Lets get this over with, I've got more important things to do."

Tag: Denal
  14. Denal Jedi Knight

star 3
    IC: KOTDE ANATL

I run as fast as I can into the arena tripping multiple times on the way to the middle.

"pant, pant, pant"

As I catch my breath for a brief moment, I grab my lightsaber from my cloak, and wearliy look up at my opponent.

"Alright, I guess we might as well start know, I'm going to lose anyway."

Tag: Darthelinith
  15. Ree Force Ghost

star 5
    IC:

*Master Ree enters the arena and doesn't see her duelling partner and teacher Chuckles. She sits down cross legged, ligthsaber laying on the floor beside her, and begins to meditate awaiting his arrival...*
  16. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Chukles
    Dueling Arena

Chukles entered the arena, rather subdued. It was a strange thought to realize he had not been in here in years, and it had been quite some time since he had moved away from the Order. Perhaps This duel would aid him in fully understanding all of this... but mostly it would be fun.

He stood silently as he watched Ree, his opponent here today but also his old friend. Things had changed. She now occupied the position he had once held as Grand Master. She was a beautiful one too. A smile graced his lips briefly.

"Are you ready then?" He asked, his voice friendly. It would be an entertaining duel, to be certain. Without awaiting her response--there was, after all, only one reason why she was sitting here--Chukles ignited his orange blade and awaited her response.

TAG: Ree
  17. Ree Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: You flirt :p

IC: Ree
    Duelling Arena

*She felt his presence as soon as he entered the room. He let him make the first move*

"Are you ready then?" Chuckles said.

Ree opened her eyes to see her old friend, and grinned.

"Yes I am ready. Feel free to give me some pointers along the way".

In a split second her lightsaber was in her hand and she was on her feet- left leg forward, right leg back.

Her right elbow was bent backwards, lightsaber in hand held parallel to the floor; left hand stretched out in front with her palm facing up towards her opponent.

Slightly nervous, she awaited Chukles next move...

TAG: Chuckles

OOC: This is going to be so much fun! :D

18. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Always a flirt. ;) And, yes, it will be VERY fun. :D

Dueling Arena

Chukles smiled again as she stood and took her stance. He got the general sense of nervousness from Ree, though no idea why. He left his robe on over his clothing for the time being, settling into his general opening stance... which was practically a lack of a stance. His body was relaxed and his saber held by his side, pointed down at the floor.

He decided the first move was his then, given her inaction, and moved slowly, circling her, trying to see if she'd respond likewise. He attempted to portray through his body language that he was also trying to get and then admire a good view off her. This was partly to throw her off and make her a bit more nervous, and also part because he wanted to.

After his bit of fun, juvenile though it may be, he rushed forward and closed the small distance between them. He opened with just a simple slash at her right side.

19. Ree Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Ok let's see if I can get this duelling stuff right...

Chukls stood still and then slowly advanced. As he circled her, Ree followed his movements never taking her eyes off him, but using the Force to sense her suroundings. SHe felt him move a split second before he did...She brought both hands to her lightsaber and flicked the blade downwards next to her right hip to block his attack. She used the momentum of the movement to force his lightsaber up over his head and away to the left...

Tag: Chuckles

OOC: Just so you know ,I have only ever properly trained in Soresu. But I'm just going to go with it :D
  20. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: lol. It's all cool.

In a fight

Her move was good and served its purpose, but had one major flaw. Certainly she had his left hand--including his saber--out of the fight for the moment, but so were hers. Taking advantage of this, Chukles stepped forward, getting quite close to Ree, and quickly let out a force push of moderate size into the general vicinity of her gut. He then stepped back and fell into a more normal Makashi stance... or in other words, his saber no longer pointed quite as much towards the ground.

21. Ree Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Damn! :p

On the Floor

The Force Push caught her off guard and she had ended up on the floor. Though disappointed in her lack of reflexes, as soon as she was down, she was up again. She had her lgithsaber up in front of her clasped with both hands, protecting her body. It was a face off between the two of them. Ree decided to take a chance and make a move. She moved forward toward Chuckles. At the last minute she Force jumped up and flipped over Chuckles and landed behind him. She quickly spun around to slash at his right shoulder...

:D[face_dancing]
  22. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5
    Between a rock and a hard place.... well..... I guess it's more like a Rock and a squishy place.... or maybe just a rock.....

Chukles readied his blade, bringing it up to block her incoming attack. She surprised him though and jumped over him. Lesser Jedi would have been startled. They probably would have done better than Chukles. Instinctively he pivoted, though apparently it was to the wrong side. A blade was coming right at his chest and it was all he could do to jump back a step and avoid being cut open. His tunic and robes did not fare so well.

Dejectedly, Chukles looked down at his newly-ruined shirt. He jumped back a bit more and slid his robe from his shoulders. "Very nice move." he said admiringly. "Though, if you want me to take my clothes off, you could have just asked." Quickly, the ex-Grand master pulled his ruined tunic off to reveal his bare torso, which was alright as far as torsos went. We won't get too into that at the moment.

Having done that, he moved forward as if with a single-minded purpose. As the distance closed, he rushed the last bit and brought his blade over his head, preparing for a downward strike, but at the last moment flicked his wrist around, rolling the hilt in his palm, and brought his blade across in a sweep at her gut.

23. Ree Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: [face_laugh]

In the Duel

Ree smirked, but was laughing good naturedly on the inside in response to Chuckles inuendos. She felt the Force flow through her and she stood with knees slightly bent and lightsaber in front of her awaiting the next attack.

Chuckles charged at her. She thought, "This is too obvious. Surely he's not going to-"

At the last minute he switched and she barely deflected his swipe at her gut, the tip of his blade singing her robes.
    The smoke subsided and with her arms now at the left of her body she swung horizontally right and upwards in quick succession.

OOC: So am I duelling properly so far?
  24. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Yep. You're doing just fine as far as dueling goes. Your moves are pretty reasonable and solid, good counters, though perhaps step it up a bit and get a little more bold. Try to throw in a duel-ending move every now and then. Duels get boring if it's just a succession of parry/dodge, counter, parry counter, etc. :p That last line was a bit confusing though. Was it horizontally to the right and upwards in one move, as it sounds, or two attacks as the in quick succession implies? Details are pretty good, they make it easier on the opponent and help to corner them. Along the same lines, try to specify who's right it is. It can help. Other than that, no problems so far. :)

Into Something Good

Chukles had to admire her moves.... because they were well thought out, of course. No other observations had been made................

At any rate, her parry was nicely done, and the counters were executed perfectly. Sadly, Chukles quickly deflected the first then jumped backwards and avoided the second, so her counters did little. It happens.

In response, Chukles flipped forward and, with the aid of the Force, over Ree's head. He landed in a crouch a few feet behind her and twirled, sweeping his right leg towards her left, trying to knock her to the ground.

25. Ree Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Ok great thanks. I'll be more detailed. I didn't want to put out the impression that i was completely brilliant straight away. :p

In the Duel

Getting the sense that her shirtless friend Chuckles was getting bored, Ree stepped it up a notch. However, before she could do anything he flipped straight over her and landed behind.

Getting the hang of the game now, she twisted around to meet him when the Force told her to jump and she did, avoiding his kick. With Chuckles still on the ground she jabbed her lightsaber at his right leg to distract him. The split second it took him to hiss at the pain, she retrieved her blade, brought it once around in a circle to gain momentum and then slashed at his neck to try for the killing blow...

Tag: Ree

OOC: Hey Chucks I gotta go i have stuff to do before work. Shall we keep the duel going and just post whenever we can? :D
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza