main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars RPF Lightsaber Combat thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarthKakarot, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RuneEisahn

RuneEisahn Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 10, 2008
    (Would anyone like a duel?)

2. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Zev Karshen

"Now now, that's not nice." Zev said, he rapidly managed to deflect the blaster bolts harmlessly away. "I thought this was supposed to be tough, now, you won't be needing that blaster will you?" Zev said attempting to use the Force to persuade the other Force-adept, adding in a special mixture of pheromones to boost it. He may be able to resist the Force, but not even Hutts could resist Zeltron pheromones forever. "Now, let's dance some more shall we?" he added, he then began to circle his quarry releasing teasing bursts of pheromones, trying to weaken his fellow's guard, or at least give up the blaster. He threw in the occasional slash or jab, trying to set him off balance, anything to get the upper hand.

TAG: Korellas Marn

3. Kazerima

Kazerima Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2010
    IC: Korellas Marn

"Heh, didn't think you'd try something like that." He said as he was bombarded by pheromones. "Tell you what, I'll make you a deal. I'll put away my blaster, you put away that second saber, and we'll both avoid unsavory use of the force. How does that sound?" He asked while continuing to dance away from his opponent, using the relaxing properties of the pheromones to keep muscles from growing tense.

TAG: Zev Karshen

4. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Zev Karshen

Zev thought carefully, this deal would balance the field, but as he was acting well beyond conventionality this gray Jedi would probably do the same. Could he trust him, he was his master's old friend, but then again he was also a rogue element, so maybe he might try to pull a fast one. "Okay, but I want you to drop the blaster first. I swear on my honor as a Jedi that I'll lay down my secondary blade if you comply." Zev said cautiously. "I just need to be certain." he added. He continued to keep a stead stream of pheromones going, continually trying to fog his opponent's mind, his people had turned back entire fleets, surely he could sway one person.

TAG: Korellas Marn

5. Kazerima

Kazerima Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2010
    Noticing the suspicion of his opponent he leaped back a good distance then stood in an open peaceful stance. "Don't worry about it, grey or not, I'll still hold my end of the bargain." He said, then clearly and deliberately place the pistol back into its holster. He then moved into an even stance, his blade still not yet drawn, and awaited his opponent's next move.

6. Tamlan_Eld

Tamlan_Eld Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2010
    IC: Karr Trebonius

Jedi Knight Trebonius stood in the dueling arena of the Temple, listening to the rain hit the transparasteel view ports. It had been weeks since his last duel, and he was ready for one now, despite the late hour, he would welcome any Jedi, of any level... All was quiet in the Temple, however, so Karr sat and messed with his black robes for a moment. After a few minutes he stood again, brushing his blond hair from his eyes. Why did he feel so restless? He supposed it was all the trouble the galaxy was in. He needed a duel to take his mind off his, and the galaxy's, woes.

7. grayaus

grayaus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2010
    IC: jedi knight Quin Storm
    Quin entered the dueling arena to find there was all ready a jedi in it. he was planing on some quick lightsaber practice, but he could use a duel. he activated his yellowish green lightsaber.
    "so, freind would you desire a little duel" holding his lightsaber in Form II opening stance.
    Tag: Tamlan_Eld

8. Tamlan_Eld

Jun 22, 2010
    IC: Karr Trebonious
    "Absolutely." Trebonius said taking the silver cylinder from his waist. The blue blade ignited with a snap-hiss. He dropped into a Soresu starting pose and waited for his sparring partner to make the first move.

9. grayaus

grayaus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2010
    IC: Quin Storm
    Quin stared at Karr, his fighting style was more focused on blaster deflection, this battle was going to be to easy.

Quin with all the stubbornness in his body was used as he went for the right side of his opponents body. while his fist went for Karr's stomach.
    Tag: Karr Trebonious

10. Tamlan_Eld

Jun 22, 2010
    Karr deflected the lightsaber coming in on the right, but the real attack hit him hard in the gut. Giving an "oomph" Trebonious used the momentum to roll back and come up on the defensive. "Youu won't get to do that again." He said with a defiant smile.
    Tag: grayaus

11. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    IC: MasterJoy

The Jedi Grand Master entered the arena in the hope that she might find a worthy opponent. Walking to the center of the room, she waited patiently for someone to join her there. It mattered not whether it was Grey, Dark or Light Jedi, or Sith.
    Who would accept her challenge?

TAG: Anyone

OOC;: I would like to have someone who understands my situation, is very knowledgeable concerning lightsaber dueling, and has some patience. I haven't dueled in quite a while, and I need lots of practice. I need some pointers, and direction too. Anyone up for it?

:)

12. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Dark Lord Polo Kolo
    -The Arena

The center of the room was always used as the standing ground for any who wished to find an opponent worthy of their skills. Polo Kolo had seen many a Force User come and go in this arena, but everyone respected the arena. They knew how ancient the place was and that if you lost, accept your defeat and move on, if your opponent chose to allow you to live.

He stared at the older female walk to the center. It had been a long time since he saw a Jedi stroll, but he knew it when he saw it. Jedi had an air of superiority and self entitlement about them when they walked. Polo smirked and glided to the middle of the arena to meet her challenge. The Chiss Dark Lord showed his tattooed face before the Jedi Grand Master.

"Good luck." He ignited his blue and gold lightsabers and stood in a prepared Jar'Kai attack stance.

Tag: prji

13. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    OOC:I'm going to need lots of help. I know absolutely nothing about this style of lightsaber combat, and I am not sure how to fight or defend myself against it. Give me some time to think here, Blubest.

[face_worried]

14. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    No worries. Jar'Kai is basically the art of dual blades used in combat, in contrast to using one saber. It is a minor detail, however.;)

-B

15. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Dark Lord Polo Kolo

His blades illuminated, Polo took a step forth and unleashed a barrage of lightsaber swings as was custom for dual bladed saber users. The idea was that the more attacks you could muster, the easier you could wear down your opponent's defense and Polo Kolo enjoyed complete domination over his opponents.

However, he was not actually trying to hurt the Jedi Master, but was testing the waters of his adversary's reflexes. Now, if the opportunity to slay his opponent presented itself now, sooner than later, he would take it, but he would put himself in a position to lose to a counterattack. Each sword swing was timed and planned, reaching and touching the exact spots that Polo wanted.

It was a joy to combat again.

Tag: prj1

16. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Polo Kolo
    -The Grand Arena

The Sith Lord, formerly known as Darth Carnal, sat in the middle of the arena, his blades laid in front of him. He was not deep in thought, though it certainly would look that way to a bystander. He was here because he was expecting a challenge from the leader of the Rebellion. The Senate had been taken over and reformed by Lord Insipid, yet there were those who would like to see the Sith fail and to retake the Senate.

It was time to show them that progress can only be achieved one of two ways: Obedient Cooperation or Certain Death. They were extremes, but the Jedi already knew that Sith dealt in absolutes.

Tag: Adalia, or any other lousy rebel[face_talk_hand]

17. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    OOC: Ok, first time in 5 odd years, used to know how to do this....where's my Sith Brother Master Mishima when I need him.....?

IC:

enters chamber dressed in black leather pants and jacket as it is her squadron uniform, armoured boots with low heels. Still wearing her blaster on her right hip, her lightsaber hooked to the left. She stands in doorway and looks around, taking in all surroundings.

Nice place you got here, little dark for my liking but it suits you....

Takes step to right and tilts head to side, the long curly auburn hair cascades to one side, feet slightly apart, thumbs caught in the low slung belt, all weight on her right leg.

Like I said before....two lighsabers? Are you over compensating for something? How's about you make the playing field even and put one of your toys away?o_O

TAG blubeast.

18. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Polo Kolo
    -The Grand Arena

"I don't deal in the area of making things even. You know...All this could have been avoided if you had just worked with the Senate peacefully. Alas, you chose the end."

Polo stepped to his feet and his red eyes burning through the Rebel leader. He ignited both of his blades, a Green beam matched with a Purple. He wasn't much for style, but he admired his choice of lightsaber crystals. He was larger than her, muscular, but not at all clumsy. It was a body that had been trained in the combat arts and meant for nothing else.

"Ignite your blades, and come."

Tag: Adalia

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC:

"Arh, no rules....got it. Excuse me..."

leaves for 20 or so seconds and returns carrying a second lightsaber calls over her shoulder.

"Thanks lover.....hope you don't mind me borrowing one....you know, I do like to even the playing field." ;)

looks around

"Damn this place is like a morgue.....can't work in this silence.... "

waves hand and music starts

Thats Better....

goes to corner and takes off jacket, tosses it in corner. Gets hair tie and ties long auburn hair back into a braid whilst holding the extra saber under her arm, turns when finished.

"You know you said I wouldn't negotiate, I find that amusing when that's exactly what I'm doing with Sinrebirth, I suspect it's you who doesn't know how to negotiate my ....hmmmm, friend doesn't suit you, I doubt you have any."

circles slowly to the right as she unhooks her own saber

"When you're ready....."

20. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Polo Kolo
    -Grand Arena

Polo lowered his eyebrows, but didn't move as he was being circled. "As I recall, I made numerous trips to your club base, but was repeatedly threatened. Now maybe you don't see yourself in much of a position to threaten Lord Insipid, but you sure had the nerve to kick me out multiple times. So it is you who should work on their negotiating skills."

Polo swam one of his blades through the air and swatted aside one of the Rebel leader's blades. Polo was stronger than her and she was also not as relaxed with Jar'Kai as he was, seeing as she had insisted on him fighting with one blade. One blades. Two blades. The number did not matter, for the outcome and endgame would be the same.

The Sith Lord concentrated his mind to then creating a whirlwind of blades that attacked the Rebel Leader. She would learn obedience. He slashed, pointed the tip, and spun to bring the blades about Adalia like a hellstorm of attacks. Because, that was indeed, what she was facing.

Tag: Adalia

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    OOC: Need to look at this carefully, as you have started by knocking aside a saber that wasnt ignited.....I wont attack so I was not in battle mode. ;) Need to think on this one for a bit.

EDIT: I suspect this is all a little 'godmoddish' as you've attacked with a flurry of moves and I have not had a chance to counter, not to mention I have no ignited sabers. Can you repost with a bit more detail to give me something to work with please?

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    gets bored waiting and claims victory due to her oponents lack of interest!

WINNER!! [face_dancing]

23. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    IC: A short, slim figure (5'3", 117 lbs.), with black hair worn in a bob cut with bangs, almond-shaped brown eyes, and wearing a sleeveless, high-necked, wide-shouldered tabard, trousers, elbow-length fingerless gloves, and armored boots (all in shades of brown and gold) entered the Arena, her arms crossed in behind her back as she waited. She was unarmed, save for a single lightsaber hilt worn at her belt.

Fey-Li Cytei looked around, appraising her surroundings and the others here. The Arena was known for the pitched battles among its participants, and she wanted to make sure she wasn't taken by surprise, whoever she ended up fighting.

On the outside, she didn't seem so intimidating- but as the last Grand Master of the Old Jedi Order had said decades before Fey-Li's birth, a Jedi is not his or her crude matter. In the Force, Fey-Li's luminous being was every bit as large and powerful as her physical body was not- a fact that caused her to be perennially underestimated by her foes, who tended to judge her by her appearance alone. They saw her size and expected her to be every bit an easy fight as her size alone would suggest.

Which, when the Force was involved, was never a good assumption to make. In the words of Yoda, who had taught her own Order's (currently exiled) Grand Master, Luke Skywalker, "Size matters not." Fey-Li was almost as illustrative an example of this maxim as Yoda himself had been. Further, Fey-Li's style in battle always came as a surprise to her opponents...

OOC: Well, just joined the Jedi Order- Guardians of Light over in the EUC, and one of the longtime members wanted a fight so... here's my OC, Fey-Li Cytei. You might recognize her from my (currently-stalled) duel with Darth_Dreadwar over in the SWC Dueling Thread if you've ever been there. Anyways, waiting on Remi- if you're reading this, I guarantee fighting Fey-Li is always a real eye-opener. Not going to spoil you on WHAT her style is until we actually start fighting. That would just ruin the surprise. ;)

24. -Remi-

-Remi- Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 8, 2007
    IC: Michael

OOC: Never finished a duel here, ever(ditched all of them, lol). so Lets dance biotch. We'll see what your lady character can do. Oh, what rank would your character be? This is to make sure the fight is satisfying for us and the viewers respectively. :p

Michael picked his way over the various rubble and debris spread out in the arena.

Pfft, they never clean here do they? But then conflict period was never exactly clean either.

He had requested the match after considering how long he had gone without using his light-saber, and had recieved a fairly quick reply from a fellow jedi whom had entered the ranks some time ago. When he saw her, nothing struck immediately to mind about who this woman was, so Michael walked carefully to this person, removing his saber from his belt and settled in a ready stance, bending his knees slightly and spreading his legs a little apart. He held the hilt in front of him inches above his waist with both hands, igniting the weapon as it elevated quickly at a slant across his body.

"Well, the order now is not as large in number as the older once was. So its surprising that I don't know who you are. I have been around as part of the current order for a while. I am Michael. Some call me Remi."

Michael let the force wash over him, attaching what you might recognize as mental feelers all over the area to sense the slightest movement in the opponent in front of him. He stared with impassive eyes as he moved the training saber towards her chest at a moderate speed. As the blade moved closer to her chest he slightly flicked his wrists left and right almost simultaneously in a small fanning motion.

25. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    OOC: In the RP I've most recently used an iteration of her in, she was a Jedi Master. Making her size all the more misleading.

Oh, and to help give you an idea of her style in battle, here's Fey-Li's battle theme (cut to about 0:24 to get to where the song begins in earnest):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HkvcQ_y0_A

You have been forewarned. ;)

IC:

Fey-Li's lightsaber was on and in position to deflect it almost instantly, simultaneously moving back to give herself more space. It was obvious by her swift defensive response that her style was based on Soresu, but Fey-Li mused that her foe had yet to see her own twist on Form III. Choosing to redirect rather than actually block, Fey-Li let Michael's blade slide off her orange one at an acute angle, so she met as little of the force of the blow as possible.

"My name is Fey-Li Cytei. You can just call me Fey-Li if that's all right with you- never been one for formalities," she said with a slight smile. "And I'm not surprised you've never seen me before- I'm more often out on missions than I am back at Coruscant."

Now that she was in the clear, Fey-Li decided to test her opponent. He may have taken her opening response as a classic Soresu move, but... Fey-Li's style was a bit different. Much like most Force-sensitives, Fey-Li felt the Force in her own unique way as her limited mortal mind tried to make sense of something unlimited and beyond mortal comprehension: for her, the Force was a sense of rhythm and motion, almost as if the Galaxy around her was constantly dancing. It was not surprising that dance for her became almost a form of moving meditation, as she harmonized herself body and mind with the dance around her.

It came out in her bladework as well- her personalized variant of Soresu very much bore the elegant influence of dance, as seen in the way she skipped forward, twirling around the outer edge of his range, then when she was at his right side, Fey-Li sent a casual jab at his defenses. Not a serious attack, more of an evaluating probe to see what her foe was like, but it definitely began to give Michael an idea of what she could do.

She was going to be a very different foe than the average Soresu practicioner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.