main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars RPF Lightsaber Combat thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarthKakarot, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starkiller13

Starkiller13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2011
    It was a dark rainy night lightning was all around in an ironic way it was how starkiller was feeling inside.
    but Starkiller dident care the only thing that mattered to him was destroying his former master vader for what he had done to juno,
    so he ran into the arena vader had fled to he looked around until he saw him, he then ignited his lightsaber and started running at vader screaming
    "I will kill you!!"
    As fast as he could manage he slashed at vader's head hoping to cut his head off,
    so he could end this here and now

2. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    OOC: Dueling one's self... This should be interesting.
    IC: Darth Shadra, Former Dark Lord of the Sith
    Arena Ruins, Unknown World

The shroud covered sky rumbled darkly, the brief, veiled flash of light accompanying it vanishing almost as sudden as its arrival. It was night, though the shroud of clouds hid the stars and the planets dual moons from view, and the hour late. Despite its rumbles, the sky had not as of yet released a drop, though how long this continued was anyone's guess, and the shadowy cloaked figure, his face deceivingly youthful but his eyes showing the age and experience of millennia, didn't deem it of any import to attempt meditation to discover it. The figure, Darth Shadra, had seen the passing of entire eras, his physical body having long stopped aging, and such insignificant things as a change in weather no longer concerned him, unless it were to be to some benefit for him.

This world was his current lair and hiding place, and it had been for nearly two centuries, with only an encrypted holonet uplink as his way of knowing how things changed in the galaxy at large as the years drifted by, and people continued to forget, not that many even remembered his last rise to power, nearly seven hundred years prior. Of course the Jedi remembered, they always did, but with the passing of time more forgot or treated it as another lesson in ancient history. That did not mean, however, that they had forgotten entirely. This was perhaps thanks in part to some of the longer lived Jedi masters, though even they were dying off, killed by the passage of time, and soon only one would be left. Unfortunately, even Shadra couldn't rely on time to do his work for him with this one. After all, he wasn't the only one who remained unaffected by age.

Andre.

With the eventual deaths, if only due to age, of Shadowbane, as well as Xephron and Radiant Tide, and none of current Tide line possessing the strength of their forebears, it was in the Head Archivist of the Jedi's Archives that lay Shadra's only remaining challenge, well true challenge anyway. The librarian had been alive to see all but the former Dark Lord of the Sith's first rise to power. And it had been him who found him. Not that Shadra expected any different, fate was almost predictable in that fashion. Eventually one of these clashes would end in death for one of the two. But not today, it didn't quite feel right for it, in some strange way. Regardless, the battle ahead would be interesting to say the least, and Darth Shadra found himself eager for it. Challenges for someone of his caliber were few and far between after all.

Tag: Myself

3. UnknownRogue

UnknownRogue Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2008
    Coruscant, Abandoned Bolo-Ball Stadium

Lightning strikes pounded the lightning rods surrounding the stadium. Vader stood quietly, he could sense Starkiller coming, the boy was a subtle as a super nova. Starkiller cut in, throwing a lazy chop at Vader's helmet. More lightning drowned out Starkillers words.

Vader's crimson saber ignited and left its holster all on its own. It parried Starkiller's messy attack and then returned to its Masters out stretched hand. Vader took a step back.
    "You are still the student young one. I am the teacher." Vader said confidently. "Now I will teach you the folly of attacking a Sith Lord."
    He swung his lightsaber slow, aiming for Starkiller's knees. At the same time he gathered the Force to him, forcing it through his body and sent a telekinetic blast, aimed dead center at Starkiller's chest.

TAG: Starkiller

4. Starkiller13

Starkiller13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2011
    Starkiller missed him, but his momentum would not fall nor would his anger,
    he could hear the lightning all around him he payed it no attention he was only focused on vader
    he then saw vader's saber going for his knees so he jumped up,
    But he then got hit with a force push he quickly regained his composure and landed on his feet
    He began to run at vader when he was mere inches from him he flipped into the air and landed behind vader he then tried to impale him with his lightsaber

Tag:Unknownrogue

5. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    IC: Jedi Master Andre Hagan, Head of the Jedi Archives
    Arena Ruins, Unknown World

A small shuttle dove through the storm infused atmosphere like a knife, the turbulence generated paling in comparison to that which it's sole occupant was feeling. That which figure, cloaked in white robes, was feeling were powerful emotions of the worst kind, for a member of the Jedi Order at any rate. Hate. Hate was what the deceptively youthful Jedi master was feeling. It was an unusual thing for his normally calm and peaceful personality. His thoughts were half meditative, seeking to control this dark emotion, one that he had always had to deal with when Shadra was near. Andre exhaled, the breath taking with it the feelings of hate and anger. He would have to be focused for the fight ahead, for he had found him, finally.

Shadra.

For the past few millennia Andre had taken it upon himself to counter the former and no doubt eventually future Dark Lord of the Sith. Too few now remembered and the ones that didn't passed it off for the most part as ancient history, much like all the other times Shadra vanished for a few centuries. It was this reason that he took teaching the young ones history alongside his other duties, at least the ones that covered Shadra if he was prevented from doing all of them. It seemed in some fashion to make it more real for them when the story was told by someone who had lived it.

Every once in a while the archivist had the fortune of discovering the Dark Lord's hiding place, and would seek him out, much like now. Exactly like now. Aside from disrupting Shadra's plans, whatever they may be, he had another reason for doing this. He couldn't allow himself to forget exactly what Shadra was truly like and so be unprepared in the Sith's next attempt to rise to power. And forgetting was very easy when you had centuries for memories to fade, to become diluted to the point where you begin to disbelieve that he had really been that powerful, that charismatic, that... Dark.

The shuttle finally dropped beneath the clouded sky, beginning landing procedures near the old stones of the ruined arena. It was time.

Tag: Myself

6. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    IC: Jedi Master Joy's Dueling Area

The Jedi unclipped her lightsaber from her belt, and removed her robe as she prepared for the challenge ahead. Would it be a fellow Jedi, a Dark Jedi, a Sith? It made no difference to her. Master Joy was bored, and just wanted a challenge.

TAG: anyone

OOC: So, who will it be? I'm leaving, but will return shortly. Please, just use one lightsaber. Mor than that confuses me.

[face_laugh]

7. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    IC: Darth Helinith

Various props, training dummies and the such littered the area. With Darth Mystque's recent takeover of the AoD, tensions were still high, and nobody had been attending to basic housework of keeping the temple clean.
    Darth Helinith swept the debris to the side of the arena with a wave of her hand, striding into the centre of it with purpose. Shedding off her cloak, she unclipped her lightsaber from her belt with a deliberate motion and awaited her apprentice.

TAG: Mister_Master ONLY

8. Darth_Cadaverous

Darth_Cadaverous Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 2008
    IC: Darth Cadaverous
    Dueling Temple/Unknown Planet

"It has been said that the dead can not die twice. It also has been written that they can be put down again." Who is right, Who is wrong? I believe in both statements. My pain of rising the second time after centuries of lying in hibernation. Then be forcibly put down by the weak and the jealous students. I should have stayed with the teachings of Darth Bane, our great great grandfather of the sith. Now, I rise again by another fool seeking out my tomb and disturbing my rest.

Now I sit and wait for my youngest grandson to come and seek me out, to learn and take my power from me by force, so I may finally rest, never to be disturbed again!"

I am Darth Cadaverous, Dark Rogue of the Sith!!

A lone figure steps from the depths of the Dueling Temple. Ancient armor gleams its dull blackness and the knee high boots that seems recently polished silently steps upon the border of really entering the Dueling Temple. Memories of past duels that ended in loses, and wins. In his memories, he can still hear the screams of the dieing and yells of victory from those lost years of the Jedi and Sith battles, duels they called them, but most were personal and needed to be done. Others were for to just test their blades against masters.

As he scans the area, it was quiet as death inside and rotten dead bones lay scattered here and there. Bodies of the fallen and the imprisoned, souls that could not leave for some reason or another. They lay in wait for death to truly take them home. Though he could see something like stains of garments for the force had taken them. Banners on the walls, torn, ragged and loose on the walls still lightly flutter from some unknown power. If you were not connected to the force, you would think it was from a breeze coming through some ancient crack in the wall, but there is none for the breeze is not nature, but those doomed to wonder here.

A hilt flew from the rubble, flies to the ghost white hand and its purple blade ignites from the hilt, and was brought up and gently waved in the air in a pattern of defense. "Nice blade and craftsmanship" Then with the force, he gathers them up of those he can see in sight. Then he walks to a deserted black table with engraved patterns of sith and jedi alike.

"Rest in peace" as he bows his head, then steps back till they are out of sight.

Using a waving gesture, clutter moves in a hurry from the force wind, to the side, as he makes his way to the cleaning droids hiding place. As he activates the droids cleaning program, He steps aside to allow the many droids to leave their hidden places to clean up the clutter and mess. He watches silently and somber, from a seat high in the rafters and waits for others to arrive to test their skill against others.

TAG: No one in particular

9. -Remi-

-Remi- Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 8, 2007
    IC: Michael

Michael sat in relative silence as he gazed at the arena. He noticed how dusty and unused this place looked. But mentally, above the unpleasant smells and sights, warps of powerful force energy leaped out at his mind, some dark, some simply neither light or dark, but so engulfing that could only wonder with feelings of mixed excitement and dread about who ever left their mental mark on this wrecked arena.

Fine tuning his probing mind, he recognized the mental signatures of a few of his past opponents still fading away.

TAG: Yes, I see you, now get over here whoever you are. :p

10. -Remi-

Aug 8, 2007

It hasn't been this quiet for a long while. Michael thought. He then settled back in to meditation.

TAG: Whoever decides to duel in this thread.

11. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    IC: Tahiri Tirrus
    Dueling Addie

Tirrus waits for Addie to show. The other stood in the way of a new promising apprentice. She came close to whisking the kid away but Addie came in and stood in the way of her succeeding. She clenched her hand feeling her anger rise. She patted her lightsaber hilt. She felt the familiar cool metal against her hand. Her master Lord Vader had taught her well. She smiled waiting. Addie will not stand in her way. She was crueler then Lord Vader and Palpatine combined.

Tag Addie

12. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    IC: Anakin Shern

Anakin walked up to the upper balcony of the temple where Micheal was waiting. He could use a good stretch with his lightsaber skills and he heard the younger lad was getting antsy. Maybe it was time to redirect some of that energy. He rolled his shoulders and stretched his muscles as he watched the other one with a frown. "Micheal, I heard you want to duel."

Anakin removed his lightsaber hilt and activated the blade. A silver purple appeared as he sized up his opponent. "Ladies first."

Tag -Remi-

13. -Remi-

Aug 8, 2007

Smiling and nodding his head sharply, MIchael stood up languidly from his sitting position and glanced ever so briefly behind him. Below the balcony there were tons of wreckage strewn everywhere from past duels. Not all of these were force related. Assassins, bounty hunters, mercs, and god knows who else left their mark on this place. There wasn't much room except for a small area sixty feet in diameter. The jump forty feet below was not too far. Instead of aiding his movements with the force, Michael jumped from foot hold to anything that could support his weight to reach the bottom of the arena, landing lightly on the ground. He walked over to the clearing and looked up at the other jedi.

"Alright, lets begin". Michael picked up a small palm sized piece of broken duracrete and hurled at his opponent. He watched it sail halfway towards the other jedi before igniting his silver colored lightsaber.

TAG: JediFalcon

14. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    IC: Anakin

"Alright, lets begin". Michael picked up a small palm sized piece of broken duracrete and hurled at his opponent. He watched it sail halfway towards the other jedi before igniting his silver colored lightsaber.

Anakin raised his hand and pushed the piece of duracrete to the side with his mind. He raised his lightsaber into a defence stance and waited for Michael to move across the space as he steadied himself waiting to intercept the first strike. He felt calm and centered as he felt the Force swirl around his being.

Tag Remi

15. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003

leans in door way....

I see you split personality is busy, give me a call when you're not so busy.....

Tag Falcon

16. -Remi-

Aug 8, 2007
    OOC: I"ve RP'd two different characters of my own in one setting in this thread. Just a matter of posting twice as much Falcon, Addie. Could be fun that way. Though Falcon might prefer to fight you. We'll see.

This time he did let the force aid him. There were three foot holds to the balcony above. Shortening the distance between him and Anakin was easy, but only part of what he had in mind. The solution was to distract the fellow jedi for at least two or more seconds it took to cut through his guard with the training saber he had. Now that he had Anakin's undivided attention, the broken droid hand he had hovering behind Anakin should be a sufficient distraction.

As the gab closed to within three quarters of a meter, Michael thrusted his blade towards Anakin's upper chest.

17. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002

Anakin felt Michaels intentions as he felt like something was being held behind him. He dropped to one knee swiftly as he raised to block the lightsaber blade with his own. If he knew Michael had a practice blade, he would’ve turned the intensity of his down. It was too late for that. He stretched out with the Force and forced the object behind him towards Michael in one strong push with his mind as he stood up in one swift motion and slashed towards Michaels arm as he noticed now what was a droid arm heading towards Michaels chest. “You’re too eager to take me out early. That can be your undoing during a real lightsaber battle.”

Tag: Remi

18. Anabel_Skywalker

Anabel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2005
    IC: Anabel Skywalker

The Force called out to her and obediantly she answered its summons. Skywalker burned with Force energy, undirected,uncontrolled. Untrained. She was not a Jedi yet.

However she carried a lightsaber, clipped onto her belt. A family heirloom that had been passed down from her foster parents. It was said her family had once been great: Jedi Masters, even Council Members in the era when the Order had been rebuilt... all ancient history now. Tragedy had befallen the New Jedi Order as it had its predecessor. All things were cyclic; the Force a constant hand in the turn of the centuries.

The girl looked around, blue eyes assessing the large room she had entered. Something about this place... it held the answers, answers her foster family from the Outer Rim couldn't give her. They did not burn with the Force as she did. To them the mystic power that drove good men bad, tore down Empires and shattered families was strange and dangerous; an anomaly that was to be whispered about fleetingly, a taboo in the household. At 21 she had left that backwater planet, hitching a ride off a freight carrier with the rest of the migrants, searching for a new start in the galaxy. Anabel's story was about to begin.

TAG: Anyone (but please continue in the vein of story I have set, I'm welcome to all/any ideas on where you wish to take it!)

19. -Remi-

Aug 8, 2007
    OOC: Sure Ana, come join in. :p

Tcch.....Michael saw the fluidity of Anakin's motion, and smiled. Two strokes made in to one movement. Alright......Trying to burn my right arm, are we? Anakin almost did, as there was a smell of singed clothing material. Michael brought his lightsaber up to swat at Anakin's, pushing it back, cleanly slicing the droid arm in its path against the other saber. He knew not to use the force so heavily, as he did not know Anakin's talents so well in that area. But the opponent's swordsmanship was polished. While not the most excellent swordsman, he did know a thing or two about hand to hand combat that he had never applied with a lightsaber before. His next movement was much more faster.

As the two lightsabers clashed against each other, Michael backed two feet away, ducked, and spun his body 360 degrees, bringing his saber up to cut from Anakin's lower right abdomen to his left chest muscle. The swing of his blade was not a wide swing, but shortened. This served to help parry some sword cuts or swings.

TAG: Falcy, and Ana if she wants. We can gradually let you in if Falcon agrees to it as well!!

20. Anabel_Skywalker

Anabel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2005
    OOC: Cheers Rem, hope you don't mind... thought it would be interesting to play Ani as a Force sensitive as opposed to a Jedi Knight as she usually is. I'll set this post up to be slightly passive, so Falcon can decide whether or not he wishes to add this rag-tag-along to the group!

IC: Anabel Skywalker

The high walls of the grand room seemed to vibrate slightly with a power of somekind. Ani closed her eyes, feeling it hum through her being. There were people like her here, if she could find them, perhaps they could answer her questions, teach her... The girl opened her eyes, stepping forward.

Corridors twisted and turned; this must be a palace of some kind, abandoned and derilect. Ani put her hand against the stone-cold wall and concentrated briefly. Yes... ancient. She continued in her wandering, drawing deeper and deeper into the building. At last she emerged into a large, high-vaulted hall, stone columns lining each side of the room. The clash of lightsabers drew her attention to the two men, human by the looks of it, who seemed deeply absorbed in their duel.

She paused, assessing the situation. Despite the ferocity of the attacks, the two combatants wore friendly expressions on their faces. It was a practice fight between friends, Ani realised. Unsure, her hand brushed the hilt of her saber, still attached to her belt. Should she disturb them? Or wait for their practice to finish?

She was excited beyond measure - here were people who would recognise her for what she was, not shun her for her "strange power" or her "witchcraft". Force-users these days, at least from the side of the galaxy Anabel hailed from, were treated with fear and suspiscion. It was unnatural they said - to be able to move things with the power of the mind, to know something before it happened, and to heal at such an astonishing speed...

Anabel took a deep breath. No more of that now. Stepping forward again, she observed the duel between the men in all its complexity, wondering if she might ever be able to match them for speed. Since receiving her saber, a mere 2 weeks earlier, just before she smuggled herself off her homeworld, she had had little chance to practice. Much less with an opponent. The Force whispered to her however now, she would learn.

TAG: Rem, Falcon

21. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    IC: Anakin Shern

Anakin felt his lightsaber vibrate a second time letting him know the other had a training lightsaber. After Michael blocked his saber, he a took a step back and went into a 360 spin allowing Anakin to quickly jump over Michaels head as the other's lightsaber blade swished past where he was standing seconds ago. He backed up and jumped up the to balcony and readjusted the intensity of his blade to a lower setting. Maybe the green kid down there was using a training saber but his was at full strength and he didn’t want to accidentally cut any limbs off. “I didn’t realize you were using a training saber,” he explained as he jumped back down to where Michael was waiting. “I just realized that after they made contact, I felt the vibration as your blade hit mine.”

Anakin came at Michael with quick fluid movements that would cause anyone on the defense to backup.

Tag –Remi- Anabel

OOC: I’m not sure I want to include her quite just yet. She already described it as having the saber for less then two weeks and has very little experience with it. It would be more of a training session with her then actual dualling. No hard feelings I hope.

22. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    OOC: I'm up for a duel, or even just a training session. I'll be fighting as a Jedi, and my character will be Master Joy. One lightsaber only, please.

IC: Master Joy: Dueling arena

The Jedi Grand Master removed her Jedi Robe as she awaited someone to accept her challenge.

Tag: anywone

23. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    OOC. I await my Masters instruction.
    IC: Aalagartassle: Training arena

I await your instruction my Master s65horsey

24. -Remi-

Aug 8, 2007

"I was gauging your most simple reflexes" .....As soon he had spoken, Anakin had struck at him like a snake. Only this snake was in the form of a lightsaber, striking in many directions at a near blinding speed. Michael did have to back up. This kept on for a while, giving Michael marks and burns on his upper body. If not for his defense against such attacks, his small wounds would have been much worse.

Then he saw his opening, one last thrust came at him from Anakin and Michael chose to step in to Anakin's guard. He did this by stepping on Anakin's right foot, and arcing his lightsaber down the blade Anakin used to try to quickly trust in to Michael's chest. Now that Michael had him momentarily locked, the jedi swung his head forward to try and headbutt Anakin in order to bring him off balance.

OOC: just being a little creative here.

25. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002

Anakin felt pain in his right foot as they momentarily locked lightsabers. He ducked and swung to the side as Michael went to headbutt him. He stepped back and swung his leg up landing a solid kick against Michael's gut with enough momentum to make anyone keel over knocking the wind out of them. He pointed his lightsaber at Michael's throat. "Don't try that again or next time I hit hard enough to make you throw up."

Tag: Remi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.