main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars RPF Lightsaber Combat thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarthKakarot, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    OOC: Apologies for the delay, things have been rough around here.

IC: Darth Ardeur
    Sith Training room

The silent footsteps of the Sith Master Darth Ardeur entered the training room of the NSO Temple. Ardeur's gaze roamed around the darkened room and finally came to rest of where her apprentice was sitting in meditation in the middle of the open area. She was pleased to see he was still here after all these days. Sometimes part of training was learning how to be patient. Oh yes, patience was a skill the Sith needed to learn. Ardeur's accomplishments were many, in part, because her master had also taught her patience. The great Darth Sidious proved what could be done to the galaxy with a little patience and a lot of deception. Ardeur intended to make certain all of her apprentices followed this model. They needed someone for the future, someone who could renew the Sith with their exuberance and deception. Once again, Ardeur found herself wondering if this apprentice was the one.

"Rise." She commanded when she was 10 feet behind him. "The next stage of your training begins tonight."

She tossed a training lightsaber to her apprentice. "These are training lightsabers. You can't kill me with it, so don't even try. They will hurt if it touches your skin though."

Ardeur removed her black cloak, revealing a skin tight black body suit that was customary for her appearance. She ignited the training saber and gave one command, "Attack."

Then she waited.

Tag: aalagartassle

2. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    Aalagar sensed his Masters presence, the sheer volume of her darkside power radiated through the training room , he heard her icy voice as a training sabre effortlessly landed in his palm.
    He heard her say “Rise” as if through an echo.

Though this was his first official training session and he was eager to show his burgeoning skills, he was all but taken aback by her Masters immense power but also her kind thought about his potential. Aalagar nursed the thought trying to pinpoint the deception; finally understanding that his lack of patience may well become his own undoing. Taking this revelation on board he ignited the training sabre, A golden hue extended out and he carefully ascertained the immediate area, finding only a blank and dreary box in which little to no pitfalls could be hurled at him at the moment, Aalagar rose swiftly and purposefully facing his Master for the first time. He apprised her curled disdained smirk and knew he needed to seek advantage as soon as practicable, he stepped to the right and made two feet into his Masters range. This becoming a false attack he closed the range to bear a meer six feet away from his target. He drove for his masters midsection on the forward step intending her to parry on the backstep.

TAG s65horsey

3. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Sith Training Room

Ardeur watched as her apprentice rose before her. She remained motionless, though her energy was set into the balls of her feet. She remembered her own training and it had kept her alive for many years. The Sith Master had hoped her hint about patience would work on her apprentice but he moved in to attack her quickly. Years of experience and training helped her see through his feint and instead of stepping backwards she let the training blade touch her and she used the burst of pain to lash out with a force push and watched her apprentice fall backwards to the ground.

Ardeur contemplated following him and putting her blade to his throat, but that was not a lesson for right now. Right now the lesson was that pain was useful. Some masters tried to teach their apprentices this by inflicting pain upon them, but Ardeur had different methods. She figured if she showed what she could do then the apprentice would want to do the same.

"Lesson number one, nothing is as it seems in a fight. Different enemies have different pain tolerances but we Sith, we can use pain to our advantage. Always."

She walked closer to her apprentice. "Rise."

"Do not fear the pain, fear the failure."

Ardeur wove her wave in towards her apprentice and slashed her blade at his right arm.

4. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    Sith Training Arena
    IC: Aalagar
    Aalagar was on the ground before he had the pleasure of watching the training sabre make contact with his Master. The sheer Force push that his master directed towards him sent a sonic boom echoing through the training arena. Somewhat incensed, Aalagar started to scramble to keep his Force senses aware of his Masters actions. She spoke of pain tolerances and the need to embrace the pain it offered. His Master slowly and deliberately walked towards him.
    “Rise ”, she calmly commanded. “Do not fear the pain, fear the failure.”
    The saber of his Master wove around Aalagar’s radius and suddenly slashed to the right. Stoically Aalagar , caught the blade with his saber and let his Master’s power dictate the direction of the saber lock. Two sets of eyes locked in a war of wits and determination, one set burning with passion and desire the other an inferno power and control. It was Aalagar who blinked as his wrist swiveled to direct his Masters blade to his left shoulder. The blade struck on the top of the collarbone and sizzled through his training gear. A slight discomfort enveloped Aalagar as neurons and synapses electrified through the ligaments. He embraced the pain and focused the energy into his left boot where he struck out towards his Masters shin.
    TAG s65horsey

5. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Sith Training Room

Her apprentice caught her strike with his blade and she threw her force energy into her arms to overpower her apprentice. He acknowledged her teachings by allowing the training blade to strike his collarbone. She grinned as she felt him flinch through the force. He did not show an outward appearance of flinching, but his force control did. That was what needed to be addressed.

In the next instant he showed what a good student he was and took some of that pain and converted it into energy. He struck out with his left boot and Ardeur allowed him to connect with her shin as a reward for learning from the pain. As soon as his foot struck hers, she allowed her leg to swing with the energy he directed at her and at the same time used the momentum to completely swing her body around and strike at his other side; this time she struck lower near the hip area.

6. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    IC: ????

The huge lupine beast loped into the arena, his large hind legs springing slightly with each step. His dense brown fur bristled in anticipation and deep breaths rippled over the chest as the large grey cloak he had been wearing was shrugged off.
    A massive form, clearly Shistavanen could now be seen, naked to the waist although the thick fur covering every part of his body was hardly much to see. Coarse and streaked with different shades, it gave the beast a wild look, completed by his almost glowing milky white eyes which were completely blind. Clouded liquid moved constantly within those eyes, giving an ethereal look within the face. A drop of saliva dripped off the yellow teeth that sat in the slightly agape mouth of the beast, solid as the pins of a trap. The large ears that sat proud of the creature's head twitched constantly, responding to sounds well above the range of normal human hearing.
    On his waist sat a very simple belt with a single lightsaber clip, which an above average size lightsaber hilt swung from. His trousers were a plain black single layer of lose material that came down to the base of his Tibia bone. His feet were bare, indeed it was doubtful that any pair of shoes could fit on them; certainly no human shoe could.

He stood, feet apart, and waited for the one he had called here by hologram, Darth Helinith's newest apprentice.

TAG: aalagartassle
    Note to Sey: this is a separate training session :)

7. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    IC Aalagar
    Sith Training Room

Aalagar felt the rush of Force power course through his body, the left foot kick he struck out with made contact with his Master, only to accelerate her pirouette and strike towards his hip. Aalagar quickly rocked backwards onto his right as his left leg planted itself onto the forward center line. His Masters blade was barley parried, more like evaded as the two blades glanced off each other. Aalagar held his footwork and circled to his right ever so retreating, his guard sweeping up in line with his Master’s sternum. Each foot placement was measured to move a mere centimeter away from his Masters reach. Aalagar composed again fluently feinted to drive, his blade angling upwards , instead he angled the tip and jabbed with his blade his footwork all bent knees; a quick intense strike dead center to His masters sternum .
    @s65horsey

8. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    IC Aalagar
    AoD Traing arena
    Aalagar entered the arena and was met with an abomination; a Shistavenen in raggity clothes and no shoes looking destitute. It was only from closer inspection did Aalagar see the rippling muscles around it's huge chest heave under the matted fur. His calve muscles extraordinary supine. Aalagar knew there was no use in morphing to hinder the reaction of the beast, the milk white dead eyes unfocused and unresponsive alluded to the beasts blindness. Though there was a Force presence that emanated around him. Aalagar spoke in hushed tones….. as he slowly maneuvered his body to the center line of the beast.
    “You are not my Master, but I smell the product of your training! Are you Sith or an imposter?”
    @darthhelinith

9. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    IC: ????
    “You are not my Master, but I smell the product of your training! Are you Sith or an imposter?”
    The beast grinned ever so slightly, hearing the human speak was delightful.
    "I am hunger. I am thirst. Where I bite, I hold till I die, and even after death they must cut out my mouthful from my enemy's body and bury it with me. I can fast a hundred years and not die. I can drink a river of blood and not burst. I am Darth Kauen."
    He breathed a deep, quick breath and let it whoosh out of his snout.
    "Darth Helinith asked me to duel you. So here I am."
    He paused again.
    "And here you are."
    A drop of saliva ran down a yellow tooth and fell into the sand of the arena.

TAG: aalagartassle

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  10. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    “And here you are ………ready to take on an apprentice”, Aalagar tartly retorted.
    “I take it you earnt your title Darth and therefore you are a Sith Master. I look forward to taking your line and seeing your form.”
    With that Aalagar proceeded to walk towards his foe, mentally preparing for the encounter, taking in the arena and the pitfalls. Aalagar cocooned himself in the Force as he got to ten metres of the Shistavenen, reading for the tell tale signs for Force explosion and waiting for the beast to unclip his sabre to see the stance and the Form. With a firm grip on his own sabre, Aalagar slowly circled the foe waiting for the rules of engagement, he did not support the idea of killing for dueling purposes but as a Sith apprentice he knew that at any time Damocles sword could fall on his head for not being prepared for any eventuality. It could have been but for the whim of his true master that he must be sacrificed, he knows he has held back secrets and the like, being trained by another Master concurrently, maybe he had surpassed the rank of apprentice already and it was time to ascertain his skills. He grew confident and pensive at the same time. Ready for action, ready to be taught. Peace is a lie he thought, forever will I be involved. I will break the chains that bind me.

Don’t go near that snout ,his hippocalumus told him , Darth Kauen means ...to chew.
    TAG darthhelinith

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  11. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006

Ardeur was impressed by her apprentice. He was learning to move his feet in combat and was becoming a bit more unpredictable with his strikes. He still had a lot to learn however, as Ardeur dropped to the ground to duck under his higher slash and swung her foot around to hopefully trip her apprentice.

As she did so, she stretched out with the dark side energy and ripped a stone fixture from the wall to the right of her apprentice. As she swung her leg around she sent the fixture at her apprentice while she somersaulted away from the area.

12. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    IC Aalagar
    Sith Training Room

The higher slash Aalagar tried to execute was easily evaded by his Master, she concisely flattened her form in a microsecond whilst swinging a clutch foot around her apprentices heel. Indeed Aalagar marveled at the dexterity and fluidity of his Master as her sweep contacted. Such an expressive maneuver again countered Aalagar’s front foot advance. Within the Force Aalagar sensed a massive impediment hurtling towards his back, he had a split second choice to make; take the trip or face the hit. He could make his legs as strong as 1000 year old Ithorian oaks and let the blow slightly buckle him. But this would not stop the massive anomaly crushing his very existence. Instead Aalagar took the sweep and made the Force a servant to his will. The sweep upended him so as his feet were where his head should be and vise versa, he spun mid air to face what looked like a upside down stone demon rushing towards him to extinguish his life, the imprinted demon had a wretchly agonized scream on it’s face, the sheer speed of the the bust made it howl through the stagnant air. The effigy screamed towards his midsection. Aalagar stretched his right hand out and sent a mild force push at the left hand base of the gargoyle. The momentum did not decrease but the manipulation of the Force ever so slightly altered its trajectory a fraction higher and a few feet to the left. The stone edifice crashed to the ground a mere 2 meters away ,smashing into a thousand tiny shards which caused a proximity like shape charge that only blew in one direction; forward. Aalagar crashed to the ground one hand holding his saber and the ground simultaneously and the other still splayed outwardly from the Force Push. Awkwardly he rolled from the confragulation using a Force augmented twist to right himself to a crouched position his sabre ready to deflect a follow up attack. In his peripheral vision Aalagar saw his Master gracefully land a perfectly executed somersault some five meters in front and to the right of him. He slightly dipped his saber in a salute and quipped,
    “I take it you don’t enjoy art Master”.

tag s65horsey

13. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006

Having been in many battles, Ardeur's battle awareness was quicker than most. She'd learned the hard way how to fight and hadn't forgotten any of her training or experiences throughout her years. She had, after all, taken down the mighty Lowbacca in hand to hand combat, a being who had the reach and strength advantage over her, but Ardeur had been taught that cunning could overcome any obstacle. So she sensed what her apprentice was doing to survive the attack she'd leveled at him. Aalagar took the hit and while in the air managed to use the force to push the heavy bust away from him. She grinned slightly as it shattered into many pieces.

“I take it you don’t enjoy art Master”.

"No, actually, I despise it." Ardeur rose to her feet and shut off her blade. "Nice touch with moving the object away with the force, however if I were really trying to hurt you I wouldn't have relinquished my control of the object and you wouldn't have been able to overpower my control of the object and it would have hit you. Do not always assume to have the upper hand, but always know that strength doe not mean victory. Power is more than just strength, it is knowledge and the ability to use that knowledge to manipulate the world that is the true goal of any Sith. Never stop using others to benefit yourself.

Your training is by no means complete, my apprentice, but you have done well enough that I believe you can go to the trials to see if you can be promoted and earn your Darth title."

Ardeur spread her hand out towards the exit. "Go to the thrown room and await the Dark Lord of the Sith."

14. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    "Do not always assume to have the upper hand, but always know that strength does not mean victory. Power is more than just strength, it is knowledge and the ability to use that knowledge to manipulate the world that is the true goal of any Sith. Never stop using others to benefit yourself."

Aalagar nodded as he understood the implications of Force control and power, it was his greater destiny to use others to benefit his aspirations. He however was under no illusions of his obligation to his Master in the years to come and thought how valiantly he would fight for her life.. He slowly rose to his feet from the crouched position and shut off his practice saber.

“Your training is by no means complete, my apprentice, but you have done well enough that I believe you can go to the trials to see if you can be promoted and earn your Darth title.”
    This brought a rare smile to Aalagar, a goal again had been worked towards and was close to becoming achieved. He knew there would be many hurdles to navigate in his quest for ultimate power but with this pivotal moment. Aalagar knew this was a stride in the right direction. He bowed before his Master, giving her due respect of a powerful Sith Lord and marched out of the training room towards the throne room to await the trials and the Dark Lord of the Sith.

Tag s65horsey

15. Darth Cadaverous

Darth Cadaverous Jedi Padawan

Dec 29, 2012
    IC: Darth Cadaverous

*Darkness was upon the land surrounding the lone, broken and still standing temple. It had seen many fights and changes with in its walls. Death and Life was done inside those walls. Even he, has fought inside those walls against Jedi, Sith and non-Sith. His steps were even and conformed like a cadence of death for it too, never stops. Lighten flashed and electricity can be felt on his bare arms. He is old and ready for his final rest. He looks back to his ship and beckons for the person that is inside it waiting for the command to come to his Master's side. He is age is around twenty five and about six foot, eight. Long dark brown hair falls to his neck and his eyes were covered by the drooping hood that he wore.

The lone man continued to walk forward, not waiting for his apprentice of twenty one years. As he approached, he could see the sealed door and only sneered at it. It may have been sometime since he went against a door, but he had no worries. He strode up to the last ten paces and started to apply the force against it, his apprentice stood back, knowing his role and watched. His role was to watch his Master waste his powers on a stupid door and slay his master soon after. John watched the power show for the door actually held up to his Master's powers and what was thrown at. He was actually shocked to watch the lightening and other dark forces that was at his master's disposal. Thinking, "and I am supposed to go up against that!? How one man gain so much power and what is that door made out of to keep him stalled for so long?"

Looking over his shoulder, "Go my apprentice and gather my building materials for we will have a lot to do in a very short time," then he went back to blasting with all his might on the door. It was sealed by a Grand Master or a very high Dark Lord, but he would gain entrance to the place today. He could feel the door start to give as lighten and other sith magics plundered its bare making.

John had lost time but when he came to himself sometime later, he checked the ship's chrono and stared stunned, "Its been three days!" He left the ship and was tossed back into the ship with an almost back breaking thud against the bulk head. After several minutes, John tried to stand up and made it. "He surely can not be alive, can he," he asked himself. However, the standing figure told the truth to it and to his Master's strength. "Come my apprentice, we must repair and clean this place for new people and species to arrive."

It took several days and very long hours to rebuild and place the wards back upon the doors, and many more special work done on the tapestries and stone work till it looked good again for he did not want to ruin what the place has gone through, just making it ready for new battles and placing new cleaning droids and other much needed repairs. The place was fathomless to its beginning and end, for even he that has been here a long time has never seen it all. Like time itself stops and some time type of warp encompasses this place.

After many days and very long hours that seemed crunched into one single day, he, Darth Cadaverous, looks at his lone apprentice and beckons him to the stairs. "It is time for your final test, if you fail, you will never know it for you will not be around to know that you have lost to me." Looking at John more sternly, "If you pass your final test, that too, you will know, so come and let the test begin." Turning he lead the way to a room that was nothing special, but both knew it was.

They strode in, Master and apprentice, but only one will survive and come out as the victor. Johnny, only known as, Darth Sacrilege for what he has done to gain favor of his Master, looked on as in a trance for he did know what his failure would be if he did not come out on top. His hand played against the hilts side and he decided his options, to attack now while his Master's back was turned or wait. His choice was made for him. His master launched himself half way across the room and turned to face him. "You, Darth Sacri has earned the right to challenge me, but you have not done so with all the chances you was given. Like Darth Bane's apprentice before you, your battle has become much tougher than you think." Darth Cadaverous's light saber flared to life in hum of the coming pain and he attacked.

*********Hours Later**********

The door opened and a figure fell out of it, smoking and in a lot of pain. He made his way to the lone ship and climbed aboard. "Take me to my fleet, he commanded the scared pilot, for what he saw terrified her like she was never terrified ever before. "Y-ye-Yes Sir!" she said, saluted and lifted off the planet. "Now put the call out that the Dueling Temple is ready to take new visitors and battles!"

"Ye-yes Darth Sacri, as you obey", she turned to her two tasks and did what was asked. However, something nagged at her as she saw the new Dark Lord move to leave. He had her previous master's dark eyes.

TAG: ALL THAT WANTS TO DUEL.

Let it begin again!

16. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006

Ardeur was hardly breathing hard from dueling her apprentice. This wasn't a physical workout. Most of the Sith were physically fit and the duels were more about training your muscles to react in certain ways and learning how to mold the force to one's will. Her apprentice was ready though. She was sure of it and the duel had solidified her resolve to release him. Once he was out training other Sith her line in the temple would be stronger. This was a must if her plans for domination were to ever come to be.

She watched her apprentice bow and then turn to leave. After he was ten strides from her she sent another of the busts flying at his back.

"Never let your guard down...that is the last lesson." She said softly.

OOC: :p

17. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    IC Aalagar

With a spring in his step, Aalagar confidently walked towards the stone mastif exit. He was happy, even though this was a emotion generally not attributed to the Sith, he embraced it. From about sixteen steps away to the exit he started to think....Why am I turning my back on a Sith Lord? In an instant he gathered in the Force and sprinted for the exit, not waiting to look around. He opened up to the Force to his desperation, fueling the power to his legs and arms. The distance seem so far away. In his minds eye he could see the sneer on his Master's face as another bust started to hurtle towards his back, this time his Master would not hold back and release the object. Aalagar dove for the exit only to spring up past the meghir and semi loop to land ontop of the huge megalithic lintel. The bust continued after him even rising more rapidly, though his Master could not see him; such as her contol of the Force. Within the instant Aalagar ignited his true golden blade, landed and spun to watch the bust rise the some of the last 10 meters to the linths precipise. He came crashing down upon it, cleaving through the sirens torso and the loping of it's head with a quick riposte after the strike. Aalagar landed on the sandy ground and finally turned to his Master and dipped the tip of his real saber saluting her.

He would not turn his back on her again. He reached out with the Force and aimed at the huge lintel, it cracked spliting a hairline fracture in it's true center. Aalagar then shot a massive Force push at the fracture, toppling the lintel to forming a porticullus of massive shards as it came crashing to the ground, imprisoning them away from each other. Through the exit of the training room Aalagar smiled at his Master. Through their bond he spoke to her.
    Yes he thought, never let your guard down.

OCC nice one.

18. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    IC: Rilwen Shadowflame

The shadows of the arena rippled and parted, revealing a young woman in her early twenties, red hair pulled back into a waist-length braid. Green-eyed, fresh-faced, she could have been an ordinary girl from any planet... until one looked into her eyes. The eyes were far older than she was, jaded and tired with the weight of too many things seen or done.

Slim and graceful, she moved like a dancer as she made her way into the arena.

She was waiting for someone. A Jedi Padawan, who'd seen fit to foolishly accept her challenge, and who had raised her ire in the process.

Appearances, it was said, could be deceiving, and so it was in this case; this young woman was no novice in the arts of the Force. She was Sith, and had been so for some time. Her knowledge and her power had been refined on Korriban itself, that wraith-haunted world steeped in the mysteries of the Dark Side.

She waited. Would he come? Or would he show his cowardice, and refuse?

TAG: Joe Antonetti

19. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    IC: Joe Antonetti

I walk in, per Rilwen's instructions. I don't recognize the place at all, and the thought that this is a trap crosses my mind, albeit briefly. My odds of survival here are practically zero - I'm going to come out of here injured or dead. However, the thought of winning - however unlikely - keeps me going. If I am the victor, I win the right to take Blue Heron to the wedding. I see Ril, and my stomach drops. This is it...

Random Comments likes this.
  20. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005

"So, you came." Her clear voice delivered the words with the precision of a scalpel, as a little smile crossed her face. "Brave of you... or foolish."

Rilwen lifted her lightsabers from her belt, igniting them both - one green, with the hilt of a Jedi saber, one red, of sinister design in its hilt. "Shall we play, Padawan?" There was a taunting note in her voice now.

TAG: Joe

21. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    IC: Joe Antonetti.

"Of course I came. I've got nothing else to do", I said with the fear palpable in my voice. I reach into my backpack, and pull out a lightsaber - a training one, borrowed from the temple. I ignite it's blade, and wonder what color it is. Nevermind - don't get distracted. I check my backpack, making sure my secret weapon is still in their, and it indeed is. Excellent. Not that it will do anything, but it still helps. With one gulp of my throat, I declare I am ready.

22. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005

"Very well." All amusement left her voice, expression slipping into cold concentration.

Two steps, and she was close enough to begin, green blade flicking out as delicately as the motion of a cat's paw, testing his defenses. A simple strike, this first one, with plenty of room to recover; an easy start, for both of them.

23. Joe

Dec 25, 2012

I hold up the ambiguously-colored saber with both hands, narrowly preventing Rilwen from ending this duel quickly. It should be an easy block, but it's not - the force behind Rilwen's blow nearly causes me to lose my footing. I decide my best move is to take two steps away from Rilwen, a move which should buy me more time.

TAG: Rilwen

24. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005

"Sloppy," she chided. "You're not nearly quick enough. If this is what the Jedi teach now, I'm disappointed."

With that, she launched a rapid series of feints, blows never actually meant to connect, to draw out Joe's defenses, before stepping in and to one side, crimson blade arcing out in a strike designed to shear through the straps of Joe's backpack.

25. Joe

Dec 25, 2012

"NO!", I yell at the top of my lungs as I see Rilwen lunging at my backpack. Without thinking, I use a quick burst of force-speed, evading the strike. That was a little too easy. I decide to look up to prepare a counter-strike, but I instead see a brick wall right in front of me.

The next thing I know, I'm lying on the ground in a haze. I know for certain I broke my nose, and I can't find my saber anywhere.I reach for my backpack, and pull out Bartholomew. I barely have the strength to lift it above me. I then focus on my next concern - finding my saber.

OOC: That's within the bounds, right? Unconsicence force use with bad consequence?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.