1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars RPF Lightsaber Combat thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarthKakarot, Jul 4, 2005.

Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Ananta Chetan Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Ananta Chetan
    Main Sparring Arena

"Hmmm...I wonder if there are any more of them!"

Upon hearing her query, he began to scan the parts of the arena that were visible from where they now stood. The entire venue was so battle scarred and in such a state of disrepair after almost a decade of bearing the training blows of no doubt thousands of saber-wielders, that it now more resembled a ruins. An infinite number of nooks for more potential droid opponents or other foes to hide and wait.

Resting for a moment to catch his breath, Ananta sat on a boulder near his speederbike and wiped the dust off of his tunic and lightsaber hilt.

So...what's next Alisha? Where is your intuition leading you? I'll follow your lead.

TAG: @Padawan4687

2. dragonsith13 Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Draconis

“With so much that has happened between all of us” The Dark Lord was right. So much… time, absence, pain… and loss. What each of them had experienced individually was not yet known. Each of them had a story to tell for better or worse things had happened to all of them. Despite this they all stood before each other in no way weaker than before, but definitively different. It seemed that none of them had intention of dwelling on the past, but the time they had right now was serving its purpose of bringing things current. What was important was the present, the here and now, and in turn what direction they would travel in due time. They had to remain on guard. This was not a time to pat one another on the back and commiserate the past. Could there be an understanding about the past, Draconis thought so. Order and power was what they were best at and though things had transpired in the past, they were all here now. There was little else that was important.

Though it remained to be seen what would become of them, again one thing was certain and that was that they were here and not going anywhere. There was purpose in this meeting and as well as direction. Sith Lords coming together, drawn together through the force knew what. The darker currents of the force flowed like a low mist throughout the area, pressing those present towards something. Draconis could feel it within his Master, the feeling that this was more than just a chance meeting… apologies perhaps, indeed there was a place for the words spoken by all. In this moment they rang true with all parties and served to perhaps build a foundation for what might be in store. Was this a union of strength? It remained to be seen, though however it played out Draconis knew moving forward he had allies once again. Despite their presence and power each one held, their revealing of themselves brought great risk for each of them. The next steps in this journey remained to be seen.

Tag: @Darth-Vassago, @darth_nemisis, @Mikaboshi
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  3. Padawan4687 Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Alisha Tano
    Main Sparring Arena

Alisha curiously looked out at the battle-scarred arena, and realized just how many places there were for an enemy to hide. If she wasn't careful, some other trigger-happy droid might sneak up on her!

To think, it was originally just you and me dueling...! she thought with some affection; her "opponent" had switched sides so easily once a third party decided to join in. Leaning forward slightly on her bike, Alisha rode a few feet from Ananta's seat on the boulder, just out of his sight.

Gazing around, Alisha found her eyes fixed on a fallen column of rock, jutting out from the wall. It looked as though some powerful Force-User had ripped it right out of the foundation to bring a battle to a swift end... still seated on her moving bike, Alisha couldn't sense even a trace of an aura; clearly, this debris was from a long ago duel.

The next instant happened so fast, that it was a blur even to her. She first caught the slight sound of creaking, like a rusted droid's joints. Second, she could see a mechanical figure leap up onto the fallen chunk of column, fix its glowing amber eyes on her, and brandish some sort of staff, with bright purple electricity flashing at the tips. Third, it sprang from its perch, and onto Alisha's bike.

By the time Alisha sprang from the bike and rolled to a stop on the ground, two more mechanical figures were perched on the column. The one on her Speeder was about to stab the seat, but since the rider was gone, it too jumped from the vehicle as it began slowing down. Now she could see the faintly glowing core in the chest of her attacker, and she knew it was no ordinary droid.

No regular Battle Droid could carry an electrified staff! But...there was a type of droid who could...

"Ananta!" she shouted, igniting her lightsaber the instant she got to her feet. "I've got some more company...M-Magna-Guards!"

TAG: @Ananta Chetan
    Last edited by Padawan4687, Jun 7, 2014
    Ananta Chetan likes this.
  4. Ananta Chetan Force Ghost

star 4
    Main Sparring Arena

Awaiting Alisha's arrival, in the next instant he heard her bike come to a stop, not far from where he was perched alone amongst the stones. Ananta then attempted to reach out through the Force to pick-up any subtle vibrations within her mind to feel if she was planning to resume their duel, but it was either unclear, or beyond his abilities.

"Ananta!" He heard her shout. "I've got some more company...M-Magna-Guards!"

Slightly annoyed with himself for not being able to even faintly detect the killer droids before their approach, Ananta leaps to his feet, saber ignited and then zeroing-in his concentration, Force Lifts the droid closest within striking distance of Alisha in the air, just half a meter, and with further poise, freezes its flailing staff movements to a standstill as well. This took Alisha out of immediate harms way and and would allow her an easy kill, if he could hold it, before the other two lightning quick Jedi hunters could descend.

5. Shira A'dola Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Shira A'dola
    Sparring Arena

Shira's long, pointed ears fall back to her head as she looks at him sadly. "It matters to me, my Pupil" she stated softly to his back, more to herself than anything else as she remembered the eager young man she had mentored for so many years. Hearing his challenge, she looks him over before re-igniting her remaining blade and shifting slowly to her ready stance. "Accepted, Anakin. If nothing else, I need to hear your story." She reaches out steadily with the Force, noting every crack and turret in the Arena until the surroundings were as if she had been there all her life. Watching him, she counters, "Yet if you defeat me, what are you looking to gain?"

Tag: @Anakin Solo Revanchist

OOC: I am so sorry this took so blasted long!
    Last edited by Shira A'dola, Jun 12, 2014
  6. Padawan4687 Force Ghost

star 4
    Main Sparring Arena

Alisha was scrambling to get into an attack position to the droid just a few feet in front of her, when it froze in mid-jump. She visibly relaxed, sensing Ananta's aura behind her, and knew he had stopped the droid. She bit back a grin; this kill would be too easy...

Flicking her wrist, the Guard was sawed neatly in half, and its now-deactivated staff collapsed on the ground alongside the droid's broken body. The remaining droids stopped for only a second after seeing their comrade fall, but they quickly moved in on the two Jedi in a tight formation. Alisha's lightsaber style was already specialized in speed, so she had little trouble keeping up with the Magna Guard's steady flow of attacks from its staff.

Risking a glance behind her, she hoped that Ananta was handling his Guard, or at least preventing it from trying a backhanded sneak attack.

That was a mistake...that instant distraction gave the droid a split-second opportunity, and before she could turn fully around again Alisha felt something hard bump against the side her face. With it, came a fierce jolt of electricity that rocked her entire head, and Alisha stumbled back a meter. She clenched her teeth tightly to keep from crying out, but held a hand to her throbbing cheek with a dazed expression.

...Why you...! Alisha's cheek felt seared, and she wondered for a second if the skin was burnt black. It now hurt to open her mouth, but a deep feral snarl forced it's way out. She could feel the red-hot anger making her movements even faster than normal as she lunged for the droid for Round 2. The poor Magna Guard had no idea what it started, and it could barely raise it's staff to defend itself as Alisha's green lightsaber blade aimed like a missile against it's glowing core.

7. Ananta Chetan Force Ghost

star 4
    Sparring Arena

Peering past the gnarled metal shoulder of the Force suspended MagnaGuard, Ananta could see a subtle smile at the corner of Alisha’s mouth, as she neatly divided its metal parts with one succinct surgical slash. These machines were not to be too quickly dismissed though, he reminded himself, as one of his instructors in the Temple had once warned him, since Grevious had supposedly specifically designed them to be able to stand toe to toe with a Force user. Some apparently had survived the war and were put to use by various nefarious forces seeking to counter Jedi justice.

Igniting his blade and leaping within striking distance of one of the two remaining droids, Ananta seized the opportunity of dueling a non-living being by condensing his strength into a hammering overhead strike, out of character from his usual modest Soresu style, to test his vigor as well as the electrostaff’s resistance. Their weapons met with an electrical sparking crack, loud enough to drown out a pain induced squeal of Alisha from behind them.

The Guard’s weapon remained unscathed but the power behind the strike caused the droids feet to slightly slide beneath it on the loose rocks allowing Ananta a chance to test another idea. Reaching onto his belt, he grabbed and fired his grappling hook at the droid’s slipping feet, hooking one of its heels, and then pulled to upend it with a loud clank on its back between the boulders. Ha, clankers, he thought.

Surging forward, he saber-severed the wrists of the MagnaGuard, as it futilely tried to upend itself, and drew the falling electrostaff through the air with the Force into his off-hand. Deactivating his saber, he then took the staff in both hands and brought the tip down with a full piercing thrust into the droid’s power core, watching its red eyes fade dark and its limbs grow still.

Catching his breath and looking up, he now gasped at first seeing Alisha, whose face was swollen and bruised as she appeared to begin her retaliatory advance against the other MagnaGuard.

Then suddenly Ananta felt a cold chill run through him. A ripple of darkness, chaotic and carnal. Perceiving its source, he froze in disbelief. When he met her eyes, he momentarily did not recognize her. Saturated with anger, he watched as she moved like a whirling dervish, ferociously absorbed in the droid’s destruction.

Swallowing hard, he slowly and a little hesitantly made his way to where Alisha now stood. Just recently he had met and befriended an old Knight who had briefly visited the Temple that had perfected the Force art of healing and had graciously taught him how to begin to learn to tap into the Living Force to mend minor wounds.

Are you…OK? If you would allow me, I could attempt to put to good use this newly learned ability.

8. Padawan4687 Force Ghost

star 4
    Main Sparring Arena

Alisha mentally shouted every Togruti swearword she knew as her lightsaber blade pierced the bright core of the Magna-Guard, and she felt a dark smile tug at her lips as the mechanical body fell to the ground. With its target destroyed in a heap, the fiery wrath in Alisha's heart quickly flickered and faded out, but she then felt something else.

Shock, and.......fear? Coming from directly behind her, it must have been Ananta. It seemed like he had just seen a ghost or some monster worse than a Rancor, but the guard that attacked him lay defeated several feet away. It couldn't have been danger...he was either feeling this way for her sake or...from Alisha herself.

"...owww!" Ugh, her lips felt thick and swollen. Now that the adrenaline was leaving her system, the flood of pain she held back broke through, forcing all thoughts out of her head. This would have to be puzzled over later, maybe with an icepack or two. Force, how badly did that...blasted droid get me?

Through the haze, she could sense Ananta's aura approaching her, with slight hesitation. "Are you…OK?" he slowly asked her, gesturing to Alisha's burn.

"I'm...alright-" she couldn't finish her sentence, it felt as though her tongue just couldn't form words anymore. She rolled her eyes, and with a forced joking expression, she finished through their Mental Link. <I'm alright, I just feel as though my entire face has been burnt like a cinder on Mustafar!> she sent with as much sarcasm as she could manage.

"If you would allow me, I could attempt to put to good use this newly learned ability..." Ananta replied, clearly having none of her jokes. Alisha then dropped the act, closed her eyes and nodded, to whatever this 'ability' was.

<Yes... yes please.>

Last edited by Padawan4687, Jun 24, 2014
  9. Ananta Chetan Force Ghost

star 4
    Sparring Arena

Allowing the Force to sharpen his senses, Ananta scanned the immediate vicinity for any potential threats, droid or otherwise. Gently taking hold of Alisha’s arm, he finally spoke once relatively sure that the nearby arena surroundings were clear.

Come. Let’s find a higher and hopefully safer spot.

Leading her to a set of partially collapsed stairs that would take them into the vacant spectator seats circling the venue, they climbed until he felt they were perched well enough above the rock strewn arena floor to easily keep watch.

Sitting on one of the burgundy colored stone slabs, he asked Alisha to close her eyes while simultaneously turning his attention inward to the Living Force, in the way the old Jedi Master healer had prescribed. Her face was badly swollen and slightly darkened from the force of the electrostaff’s blow as well as its ferocious electrical charge. It pained him to see her wounded and slightly disoriented, but he had done his best to conceal his concern to help put her at ease.

Did he really know what he was doing? Could the Force really be called upon in such a way as to heal others? Closing his own eyes he suddenly heard a voice within say, Simply step out of the way, my son, and let the healing Force energy flow through you.

Raising his hand with the palm facing her wounded cheek, he began to feel a subtle and increasing warmth envelop his fingers. After a prolonged moment he somehow knew to open his eyes and was mildly astonished to see that her face was illuminated in a soft living light…and that somehow barely a trace of her injuries remained.

While lowering his hand Alisha simultaneously opened her eyes. As she brought her hand to her cheek, her eyes widened, but she did not speak. Finally, after a long pause, Ananta smiled and broke the silence…

What happened back there…...when I saw you before?

Last edited by Ananta Chetan, Jun 25, 2014
  10. Padawan4687 Force Ghost

star 4
    Main Sparring Arena

Quietly watching, Alisha kept very quiet as Ananta scanned the arena through the Force for any other threats. Just the thought of fighting anything else right now was enough to make the Padawan want to just slump over and wave a white flag...

Finding the surrounding area safe, Ananta gently took hold of Alisha's wrist saying, "Come. Let’s find a higher and hopefully safer spot." His calm face betrayed little emotion, but Alisha could only faintly sense concern in his aura.

She quietly nodded, and she was led to a collapsed flight of stairs that were still relatively stable. Climbing them, the pair came to rest high in the stands, where you could look out at the entire arena without much trouble. He sat down on a slab of stone and had Alisha sit beside him. Since one eye was practically swollen shut, so she had no trouble at all closing them when he asked her to.

After several seconds, Alisha felt something brush against her cheek. Unlike the blunt end of the electro-staff, it was strangely soft and airy...as though she was sitting in a warm cloud. There was suddenly less pressure against her lips and eyes, and the swelling in her cheek began to ease. Opening her mouth was much less painful now, so she let out a quiet sigh as the throbbing in her face gradually faded away.

The warmth also began to fade, and Alisha opened her eyes just in time to see Ananta lowering his hand from the injured side of her face, as well as a flash of white. She slowly rose a hand to her cheek, and her eyes widened. The skin was now smooth like it had been before, and it was still warm under her fingers. The only remnant of her burn was a small raised mark just beside her lip. He had healed her scorched face completely, only with the Force as his guide...

Not bothering to speak, she let her gratitude and slight awe show through their Link, as well as her bright smile. It took a few more seconds of Alisha almost admiring her healed face, when Ananta decided to break the silence. "What happened back there…...when I saw you before?" At this question, the smile quickly flickered out from her face.

"Uhm..." Well...she no longer had the icepack excuse, so she had to think again. "I...I don't really know... I wasn't thinking..." It wasn't hard to remember the sound of snarling...it actually made her think of an irritated Akul cub, but it had come from Alisha's own throat. For just a few seconds, she hadn't felt like a serene Jedi apprentice, or even a person at all. She had become an animal....

Alisha averted her eyes at the familiar sting of shame, and she hesitantly finished her thought, "I...I'm sorry. I let the, the instinct control me...the opposite of what Jedi should do, not even Initiates like me..." She had to wonder just what Ananta had seen from her in that state, it couldn't have been pleasant, even if she wasn't burnt then.

"What did you...what did I look like back there?" she obviously wasn't referring to her physical side.

11. Ananta Chetan Force Ghost

star 4
    Sparring Arena

Though Alisha had always been extraordinarily earnest and very direct, the transparency of her reply momentarily left Ananta feeling a bit awe struck. So guileless, he thought, before responding to her self-critique.

Well…what Jedi at any level of Force prowess has not experienced such moments to test them throughout their lives? Luke cut off his own father’s hand in anger, even when he knew that he was still redeemable. After 900 years Master Yoda discovered that darkness still dwelt within him while learning the secret of Jedi immortality.

You simply rearranged some metal, after all, referring to Alisha’s fury against the Magnguard. In some most interesting ways too, if I may add, chuckling. Plus, perhaps you discovered and touched that part within yourself that we all must continually confront and overcome.

What you looked like then and now…is a Jedi who was and is doing just that, my friend, expressing his compassion for her through a glance. Same as me. He hoped that he hadn’t said too much... and now remained silent in case she still wanted to speak.

Last edited by Ananta Chetan, Jun 26, 2014
  12. Darth-Vassago Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: V

~A chilling wind whips through the temple. The flames that illuminate the large room glow warmly, seemingly dancing upon the wall. The hour grows late; one of the many moons rises in the vast sky, littered with twinkling stars. The words exchanged between the aged Sith Lord and his brothers mean more to him than all the riches of the kingdoms. A warm smile creeps across his lips, the lines on his aged face only further tell the story.

He turns to face his former Apprentice Draconis, then slowly moves his eyes to the mighty Gen’Dai and nods to them both.
    ~ “A new dawn approaches, my brothers,” ~He laughs under his breath for a moment, knowing how absolutely mad that must sound coming from a man who looks to be as old as the dirt upon the walls of the temple.~ “A new age. One we shall face together.” ~His words carry a familiar confidence, one both Sith are quite familiar with.

A new dawn approaches, a new day begins, a new age of the Sith. The aged Sith Lord’s words may seem idle to some, something to be dismissed as simply an idea from an old mind that has taken off running, in hopes to capture youth. However, those two Sith Lords standing before him know this is not the case. Rather, something has begun to take shape.
    ~ “I will leave you now, the both of you. However, remember…we are Brothers in the Sith. If ever either of you have need, do not hesitate.” ~He remarks, nodding. The words leave his lips with a cryptic, almost grave tone.

His eyes close for a moment as he breathes a sigh and turns on the large staff he holds. Once he gets himself walking again, he replaces the hood of his ragged robes upon his bald head, shrouding his face once more. His footsteps are slow and even, crunching debris upon the stone floor as he goes, relying on his staff for sure footing.

This day he leaves the presence of two beings he considers family, or possibly something closer. In his very soul, he leaves with a feeling of contentment, something lacking from him for almost an age.

Perhaps now, the aged Sith Lord Vassago can find a measure of peace.
    ~

Tag: @Mikaboshi , @dragonsith13
  13. Ananta Chetan Force Ghost

star 4
    Sparring Arena

Suddenly in the silence, sitting on their stone seats before she could reply, Alisha and Ananta both felt a most malicious presence through the Force…something above them, hidden in the arena. The copper colored light of the sun began to fade and the slight breeze from before seemed to have been snuffed out. Scanning the stands ascending on all sides they were able to settle on a sort of skybox that seemed out of place and to be cloaked by a black holographic screen of some sort residing directly above them.

Who was up there? A rumbling guttural laugh loud enough to echo throughout the arena erupted that sounded outlandishly familiar. A Hutt! Here? The screen then vanished revealing the origin of the expressed amusement, an unusually thin and snake-like olive green Hutt, apparently female. A small entourage of unpleasant beings, creatures and droids surrounded her. Her massive orange eyes were fixed upon them and she had a cunning smile spread across her rubbery lips.

We very much were amused with your confrontation with the droids, our little test, per say, to see if you were suitable candidates for what comes next. We especially enjoyed you, little Togruta...your Jedi grace in dealing with that electrostaff was mooost impressive. At this comment the nearby minions all sarcastically snickered provokingly while glaring down at Alisha.

14. Padawan4687 Force Ghost

star 4
    Sparring Arena Stands

Alisha lowered her head in embarrassment, but graciously accepting Ananta's open answer. She felt her cheeks start to heat up, and she could scarcely try to voice her thanks. But her eyes widened in the next instant, and speech was no longer necessary. The aura she could now sense was a a very dark one. Not dark like a Sith's, but 'dark' nonetheless.

Ananta clearly sensed it as well, and in unison they began scanning the arena. They were up high enough to see anything trying to approach them, but how could they miss a presence that strong? It was close, but...not exactly below them. Closing her eyes, Alisha zeroed in on this strange new aura, and discovered its exact source; a small box spectators once used to watch duels when this ancient arena was in its prime. The box was blocked by some sort of screen, but Alisha could feel her skin starting to crawl at the sound of a loud rasping from within it. It made her think of a fat and sick Akul...or maybe a Hutt? But what would a Hutt be doing here? As to answer her unspoken question, the black screen was dropped, and the Hutt, as well as its gang of minions were revealed. Alisha couldn't help turning up her nose, just imagining the stench coming from that box...

Round orange eyes were fixed on the two Jedi, and the Hutt had a thin smile stretched across its face. "We very much were amused with your confrontation with the droids, our little test, per say, to see if you were suitable candidates for what comes next." At the voice, Alisha finally learned that this Hutt was a girl, but that hardly made the fact that they were being watched more comfortable.

"We especially enjoyed you, little Togruta..." the Hutt continued, gazing directly at Alisha. She winced at the stare, trying hard to hide her discomfort. "...your Jedi grace in dealing with that electrostaff was mooost impressive."

"What?!" In response, Alisha took a single step forward, her mouth opening in a silent again. Remembering that Ananta was right next to her, she quickly shut her mouth, glaring at the ground. This Hutt activated those Magna-Guards, as some sick 'test'? Heh, now didn't that sound familiar! Crossing her arms, Alisha adopted a 'political' stance which was a sharp contrast to her scathing words."I hardly needed another reason to hate Hutts. Now that I know you're the reason why my face got burnt to a crisp, I'll add that to my ever-growing list!"

Last edited by Padawan4687, Jun 29, 2014
  15. Ananta Chetan Force Ghost

star 4
    Sparring Arena Stands

Oh, I like her. Ananta playfully stroked his bearded chin and momentarily looked over at Alisha with a coy half-smile.

A ray shield abruptly activated enclosing the Hutt’s venue box and then was accompanied by the raspy sound of metal slowly scraping against metal. A huge door one level down from the box between them opened upward and out stepped eight beings, each one diversely distinct from each other, until they all stood in a line looking alternating upward at the she Hutt, and then down viciously at Alisha and himself.

Bounty hunters…Ananta whispered under his breath. One or two appeared to be humanoids, one a tall droid while the rest were a mixture of creatures that seemed faintly familiar. They held their eager stances and each fingered their arsenal of weapons one by one, down the line.

In order to screen the new prospects to be utilized by my family’s cartel, each year we devise a little game in order to test their abilities and observe their potential usefulness for employment. Thankfully, <smirking> two young Jedi have voluntarily wandered into the arena who will provide a worthy measure if any of our new recruits will get to...stick around…as well as ample entertainment for the rest of us. She emitted a seething barrel laugh and shifted her green coiled body. The entourage around her moved and adjusted in excitement. Some were slurping on disgusting delicacies and others attending to the Hutt’s every need and whim like a hive of insects around a queen.

Each of you scum knows the rules. First one to place one of the Jedi before me, dead or alive, will no longer have any further need to spend the rest of their existence trolling the galaxy for meager acquisitions. Am I understood? she said in a high, playful and sarcastically seductive voice.

16. Padawan4687 Force Ghost

star 4
    Sparring Arena Stands

Alisha felt a small shiver race down her spine as loud metal-on-metal scraping began to ring in the stands. At least six, no eight, beings stepped out from a box beneath the she-Hutt, Alisha could only recognize a male Dathomirian Zabrak and a sleek Commando Droid among the lineup. The remaining people were unrecognizable, but they all this Hutt's lackeys. Minions. Goons...

Noticing the many weapons at the belts of each being on line, two more fearful words were added to their list; Bounty Hunters. She and Ananta had come to this arena to have a simple spar, and now they were thrown into some twisted 'game'?

"And...and just what makes you think we'll stick around for your entertainment?!" Alisha took another step forward, not bothering to hide a vicious snarl as she spoke, "If you, Madame, think I'm going to have my head placed on a stake, or will fight and kill any of these people for you, then you must have a brain tumor!"

Last edited by Padawan4687, Jun 30, 2014
  17. Ananta Chetan Force Ghost

star 4
    Sparring Arena Stands

If a Hutt could be said to have the capacity to laugh giddily, then Alisha’s bold defiance seemed to have the put the coiling she-slug into such a state. Oh my, my dear little Togruta. You can’t imagine how much you have delighted me in your response…and to be enjoying myself this much even before the contest beings! You might say…that my family sort of specializes in the art of persuasion. Her sadistic gaze at Alisha even gave Ananta the chills.

Taking the momentary opportunity that Alisha’s banter had provided, Ananta steadied himself and focused his attention within in order to be receptive to the guiding will of the Force as for what direction to guide the confrontation.

Alisha...if we are going to orchestrate some sort of initial move once this troupe of thugs is allowed to leap upon us…then now is the time.

He removed his saber from his belt and glanced over at Alisha’s twin swords dangling from her waist. Picking up a handful of dust from his feet, he rubbed it into his palms and assumed his opening stance.

18. Padawan4687 Force Ghost

star 4
    Sparring Arena Stands

Alisha clenched her teeth tightly to keep from grimacing at the sound of weird laughter now coming from the she-Hutt. Specializes in persuasion? Humph...that might have frightened Alisha more, if she had more to lose. But she knew a thing or two about persuasion herself, and frankly, there wasn't much that could be applied to her.

Ananta was tensing beside her, and had taken out his lightsaber hilt. "Alisha...if we are going to orchestrate some sort of initial move once this troupe of thugs is allowed to leap upon us…then now is the time."

"...I'm not about to become cannon fodder for this she-slug!" Alisha sharply whispered back to him. Letting her own lightsaber hilts dangle at her belt, Alisha took a step back with her arms still crossed. "You'll just need to find someone else to play your little recruiting game, madame!"

Despite this obvious defiance, she had a sneaking suspicion that she and Ananta were simply stuck. Simply walking away from this was a death wish; the lady Hutt would just order her lackeys to shoot at their backs...taking a quiet breath, she spoke to him through their Bond; it seemed as though the Hutt or any of her minions would hear her if she spoke aloud. //If they do attack...I think we'll have to stay in a tight formation. Back to back maybe. Eight on two aren't the best of odds; with all their weapons, they'll have our heads the instant they separate us...//

19. Ananta Chetan Force Ghost

star 4
    Sparring Arena Stands

The dusk hours were full upon them. The arena was draped in slanting shadows but it would still be quite some time before the automated spectator lighting would activate or be necessary. The gang of aspiring mercenaries was almost beyond their point of patience, as they barely waited for the female Hutt to signal to start the hunt. Directly behind them only a short distance sat, or more aptly laid, their oversized tormenter within the comfy confines of her ray-shielded luxury box. She had quickly shown them that she was no foe to be flippantly dismissed by a duo of self-confident Jedi.

Quietly amused at Alisha’s bold defiance, Ananta then heard her clear concise voice within the stillness of himself…//If they do attack...I think we'll have to stay in a tight formation. Back to back maybe. Eight on two aren't the best of odds; with all their weapons, they'll have our heads the instant they separate us...//

Focusing his concentration to respond to her message, Ananta suddenly observed a subtle image of the forthcoming battle, seconds ahead of them now, from the future. In the scene he saw Alisha and himself Force pushing some of the bounty hunters directly back into the ray-shield and disabling some of them from the very start of the battle. It quickly faded and he casuaully swung his chin down and looked discreetly over at Alisha to see if she had also seen the vision... and thought it would be worth trying together.

He then responded to her previous message through their mental link: //Agreed, back to back…and though they are eight, we still have a quite sizable advantage on our side…the Force.// He gave her a reassuring nod and brotherly smile that reminded them both that they had been seasoned in similar situations before.

The she-Hutt then raised a Solo-esque blaster into the air, and paused before firing it to initiate the proceedings…

Last edited by Ananta Chetan, Jul 1, 2014
  20. Padawan4687 Force Ghost

star 4
    Sparring Arena Stands

Glancing around, Alisha finally realized how dark it was getting. How long had she and Ananta stayed in the arena? It must have been several hours, but it hardly felt that way...

Alisha let her hand stray to her heirloom lightsaber hilt with a sinking feeling. 8 on 2...were never good odds, Jedi or no. There was also the fact that they were also apprentices... Huh? Looking around quizzically, she swore she caught the sound of something buzzing. Like...the sound of sizzling eggs...? Her gaze slowly traveled to the shield surrounding the she-Hutt and her little servants, and the idea slowly began to connect. The line of Bounty Hunters extended to right in front of that shield...

She realized Ananta was subtly glancing down at her, and she gave a little nod, catching onto his thoughts. //Agreed, back to back…and though they are eight, we still have a quite sizable advantage on our side…the Force.// He smiled reassuringly, and Alisha tried hard to calm her nerves...they had been in dangerous situations before, but only against droids! These were people...

The she-slug rose a blaster to the air, and after a dramatic pause, fired...may the games begin...

Taking a mirrored stance, Alisha quickly began to gather energy between her hands. Glancing sideways to see if Ananta was following, the pair lunged forward in a Force Push that sent the entire eight-person gang flying backward directly into the ray shield that protected their...employer.

The Commando Droid began to twitch and sizzle on contact, and it slumped on the ground almost immediately. As for the rest, one other Bounty Hunter lay slumped down next to it, but he was twitching as he tried to get to his feet. Alisha grabbed her lightsaber hilt and activated it, taking a ready stance as the remaining six started a group lunge at the two young Jedi.

Last edited by Padawan4687, Jul 2, 2014
  21. Ananta Chetan Force Ghost

star 4
    Sparring Arena Stands

Impressive. He never would have fathomed that their combined Force strength would have managed to up-end and drive all eight bounty hunters back into the Hutt’s ray-shield. Fortunately, it briefly rattled the now advancing posse and even disabled a couple long enough for Alisha and Ananta to raise their sabers and gain the advantage quickly in the battle.

The lead hunter was Transdoshian and carried a massive blaster rifle. He outdistanced his peers and fired two shots immediately. Ananta deflected the first with his saber back into the its reptilian leg sending it careening to one side, wailing in a lizard-like shriek. The other blast was headed for Alisha.

One of the now advancing five was wearing Mandalorian armor and immediately jetted skyward with the aid of his jet-pack. Another took cover behind a pile of rubble and seemed to be preparing to fire some sort of device their way.

Ananta reminded himself to keep a portion of his attention within and attempt to allow the Force to alert him of the most immediate danger as well as to guide his saber strokes and movements. He kept his back close to Alisha so as to give them a full 360 degrees perspective on what might be coming their way.

22. Padawan4687 Force Ghost

star 4
    Sparring Arena Stands

Yes! Alisha grinned in Ananta's direction, just as surprised as he was by their combined strength. With the rest of the Hutt's lackeys coming after them though, she quickly rose her emerald green blade to deflect a blaster bolt heading her way. The bolt, courtesy of a hulking Trandoshan Hunter, was sent right back to his blaster rifle, rendering the weapon useless. He was already knocked sideways from a bolt to the leg, and was shrieking in pain on the ground. Wincing from the high-pitched wail, Alisha barely caught a second sound.

This one was again, all too familiar; a jetpack's thrusters. She knew without having to turn around that this next Hunter was a Mandalorian...and one of them was worth ten normal soldiers. Hunting Jedi was usually their specialty, but Alisha wasn't about to let her precious heirloom become some super-soldier's trophy. Or her head for that matter!

The Mandalorian hefted his own rifle, and fired a long string of blaster bolts at the two Jedi, each one with deadly accuracy. Alisha deflected as many as she could manage off into the distance, and then she swiped her shoto lightsaber from her belt, igniting its blue blade without missing a beat. With the last laser bolt being fired her way, Alisha deflected it right back to its source. But the Mando swooped down, keeping himself and his jetpack out of danger.

Quietly scoffing, Alisha reared her shoto lightsaber back, hurling it like a boomerang. It whipped around in a wide arc, landing a glancing slice against the jetpack. The tear began to leak oil, and the now doomed vessel began to drop its rider. Alisha heard a loud thud just before the jetpack's impact on the ground, so she knew the Mando was still alive and kicking. And still willing to get a Jedi head...

Last edited by Padawan4687, Jul 6, 2014
  23. Ananta Chetan Force Ghost

star 4
    Sparring Arena Stands

Deflecting the remaining Mando blaster bolts in a rhythmic figure-eight saber pattern in front of him, Ananta quickly gauged that Alisha was off to finish the job on their jetpack-damaged attacker on her own, and instead quickly turned his attention to the hunter hiding behind the pile of rubble. Feeling a defensive surge of intuition within him, Ananta quickly Force-lifted a cannonball size stone from the arena floor and projected it skyward just as a large metal net was being fired into the air by the bounty hunter and heading in a trajectory to land upon him. The stone usurped the net’s flight by causing it to wrap around it instead and fall within meters of his feet, thankfully, since within the mesh he could see were contained rows of sharp metal spikes.

The hiding hunter then lifted his arm and prepared to lob a device with a flashing red light in his direction, but Ananta was already running toward him, and doing a full front flip, landed behind his crouching foe just as he heard the ear-splitting explosion of a thermal detonator in the spot he had just been standing, followed by the screams of 2-3 bounty hunters. Before he could rise, Ananta swiped his lightsaber across his shoulder blade with a precision gash deep enough to make sure that he would not be rejoining the fray.

In his far left peripheral vision Ananta could now see a lone bounty hunter whistling, of all things, and looking upward towards the rim of the top of the arena. Then he noticed a large reptilian bird, perhaps a dactillion from Uttapau, swoop down deftly and land at the hunter’s feet. The creature was wearing a makeshift saddle and was adorned with colorful war paint and spears strapped to its sides. Its rider’s appearance was perhaps the most bizarre and remarkable of the group. He appeared to be wearing the skull of some long-teethed ferocious creature as a helmet. He had four arms all of which were covered with wiry black fur. His yellow eyes glowed out from within the shadows of the skull. Quickly mounting his beast, the hunter jetted skyward and began circling the arena.

Last edited by Ananta Chetan, Jul 7, 2014
  24. Padawan4687 Force Ghost

star 4
    Sparring Arena Stands

// I'm sure we're putting on quite a show here, she-slug! Enjoying the fireworks? // Alisha cast the hateful thought the Hutt's way, and sprang down in the stands in pursuit of the falling Mando. She hadn't ran down more than five rows of stone slabs before she spotted the armored Bounty Hunter in a crouch on the ground. His jetpack lay in smoldering pieces in front of him.

"I'm sure your head will be more than enough to buy a new jetpack!" the Hunter growled at Alisha, and she could practically see his smirk through his helmet. "If not, I can also sell those lovely lightsabers of yours..."

Alisha silently gritted her teeth. "No chance, Bucket-head!" She lunged forward, and then remembered with a sinking feeling; Mandalorian armor was tough. Very tough. Her twin lightsabers couldn't make a dent in the darn thing, and the Mando managed to grab hold of her wrist. With a sharp squeeze, her heirloom lightsaber hilt dropped to the ground. Trapped, Alisha's mind was racing. Her mind quickly went to an old conversation in the Cantina...or was it the Mud Hutt? Eh, the location didn't matter, but...they were talking about armor, specifically, Mando armor. Someone explained that it was weak in certain places.......the joints!

With her free hand, still clinging to her shoto lightsaber, she made a wide slice to the Mando's elbow. That spot was black, but with fabric, not armor. He threw her wrist down and clung to his injured arm with a cut off scream. Just seconds later he was back on his feet, reaching for his belt with his safe arm.

Alisha fought back a smirk as she pulled her fallen hilt back. I've got a lightsaber, what do you...nevermind!

The baby smirk was immediately wiped off her face, as the Mando took out a Vibroblade hilt. The soldier was plenty formidable, even with his injured arm, and Alisha was stuck defending against the brute force that drove his attacks. Finally, she spotted an opening, and she made a final slice at his toro, just above the belt.

The Mando stumbled back, clutching his stomach with his free arm, and he slowly began to slump down to the ground. Alisha felt a tiny twinge of panic, that quickly eased once she could sense the life aura of the Bounty Hunter she just downed; he was alive and definitely still kicking, just unconscious and hopefully, out of the rest of this fight.

From above, Alisha quickly lifted her head, catching the sound of an explosion. The ground began to rumble underfoot from the bomb that must have gone off, and without hesitation, Alisha used the Force to spring back up to the platform to rejoin her brother. In mid-air, she could hear the loud screech of an animal, and she could only stare dumbfounded at the sight of a very Tribal Bounty Hunter, riding on the back of a winged dinosaur.

She managed to land safely, still staring at the soaring Hunter all the while.

Last edited by Padawan4687, Jul 7, 2014
  25. Ananta Chetan Force Ghost

star 4
    Sparring Arena Stands

From among the lifting smoke where the detonator exploded Ananta saw an emerging head with horns. It was the Zabrak, limping heavily, but still holding a Wookie crossbow and shuffling toward him. Within moments the rider of the winged beast circled and began a descent directly behind the horned bounty hunter. Pulling a spear from its sheath that was strapped to the side of the dactillion, the skull-wearing warrior cocked one of his four arms preparing to launch it downward while two of its other hands held onto the reigns skillfully guiding his mount.

Focusing on both aggressors simultaneously, one on the ground and the other in the sky coming in fast behind him, Ananta centered himself in a defensive stance and took a very slow, deep breath. The winged assassin released the spear which bolted towards the ground rapidly but astonishingly instead hit the Zabrak dead center pining him to the ground with a loud wallop.

In stunned disbelief, Ananta glanced diagonally several meters away to see Alisha finishing off the Mandalorian and headed his way. The mounted warrior circled again and then landed his beast in front of him. He dismounted calmly and walked towards Ananta unarmed. From within his skull-helmet Ananta could not discern the shape or features of his face but could only see two large and very somber amber eyes. Then the incredible looking being gave a slight bow of respect and spoke.

I am not your enemy. We were not informed that you were Jedi. Long ago Master Quinlan Vos was once a guest of my clan for a short period in our home in one of the mostly unknown and uninhabited outer-rim territories, which you no doubt would not know by name. The dactillion kept a watchful and loyal eye upon its Master, Ananta observed.

Ananta took a moment to let this fresh news soak-in and then returned the warrior’s bow of greeting. Feeling Alisha’s presence behind him, he took a quick scan of the battleground to see if any bounty hunters remained. There was no movement or sign of activity through the Force anywhere except for the lone droid who continued to twitch that lay still touching the ray-shield before the Hutt.

Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza