main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars RPF Lightsaber Combat thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarthKakarot, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I look forward to another bout in future Darth Cyn.

2. PapiNacho

PapiNacho Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2015
    IC: Knight Nacho walked into the dueling ring, his robes sashaying with as much grace as he give them. It was not the Jedi way, but Nacho knew that his duel would not end up very gracefully; so why not start some civility? Ignoring his rising anxiety, he started twirling his light-saber in anticipation. Whatever happened now was up to the will of the Force.

OOC: Well first try at this, whomever wants to participate is welcome.

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  3. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    IC: Suraya Archisa
    Mirialan Female Consular Knight
    Main Sparring Arena

*gracefully enters the arena, briefly bowing to her opponent, then removing her blade from within her traditional black flowing robes, centers herself in the Living Force and fixes her gaze forward*

TAG: PapiNacho

4. PapiNacho

Jan 14, 2015
    "Hello there"

* Nacho bows in accordance to proper etiquette and settles into the familiar opening stance of Makashi. At least, he hopes it's familiar to her, because he himself knows little about the form and it wouldn't work as a distraction otherwise. He really isn't looking forward to this, but his padawan had questioned his masterliness and Nacho was obliged to teach him respect for his elders. Watching him from the corner of his eye, he silently muses about whether it would actually be himself who was taught a lesson. Alas, too late to change his mind he simply turns his eyes toward his opponent and smiles in anticipation.*

TAG:Ananta Chetan

5. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Main Sparring Arena

Crouching momentarily, Surya collected a handful of dust from the arena floor and rubbed it into her palms before resuming her sparring stance and then allowed the singing hum of her emerald blade to activate just above and behind her head. She fixed her focus on Knight Nacho's mannerisms and bodily movements to see and attempt to feel his emotions in this present moment...poised before the first swing of a blade.

Off to the far left she caught a glimpse of a younger sentient settled upon a large smooth stone seat apparently to watch the proceedings. Perhaps he was her opponent's padawan, having come to observe his Master's technique?

A trio of suns illuminated the crumbling ancient dueling arena. The copper colored coliseum had hosted ten years worth of continuous contests. The floor was strewn with stones and loose debris of every size and shape.

Suraya took a well paced forward step...one after another...and uttered under her breath to herself...May the Force be with us...both.

TAG: @PapiNacho

6. PapiNacho

Jan 14, 2015
    IC: - "And with you, of course" -

Nacho extended his senses with the Force, feeling every pebble, every scrap of dust as if it was a part of his own body. Suddenly he was aware of every inch inside of the dueling arena, knew it as if he had trained there from birth. Looking at Master Surya in the eyes he drew the Force back into his own body and felt old aches disappear and muscles spring with a vigor they had lost to time. Taking advantage of the one armed Makashi stance, he quickly gathered dust and other small pebbles into a vortex he created under his hidden arm and launched into the only Makashi opening he knew with the other. With any luck his lightsaber would keep his opponent from noticing the pebbles.

TAG: Ananta Chetan

Thuro likes this.
  7. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013

Suraya momentarily came to a halt and lowered her laser sword's tip to just above the ground. The sound of its steady drone was tranquilizing. Her liquid blue eyes were luminous against the contrast of her olive green skin.

Who was this knight? Moments ago he appeared to be a neophyte to dueling, full of anxiety and all of the normal insecurities that might hinder a young Jedi, and now this. He apparently had the near unheard of ability to manipulate every midichlorian within the arena and make it obey his every whim? A sort of god-like omnipresence within the Force? Hmm.

As baffled as she was by his sudden Force prowess, she couldn't help stifle a little chuckle when she saw that he was using this newly displayed ability to conceal something underneath his back arm. Curious. Had he misunderstood her rubbing the arena's floor dust into her palms moments ago to improve her grip as some sort of secret tactic which he was now emulating? Biting her lip to further contain her smile, she cocked her head to one side and raised an eyebrow while observing his unorthodox style.

Reasserting herself, she raised her saber and lunged forward doing a full frontal flip, her black robes fluttering from the momentum, and landed behind Nacho in less than a few breaths. Mirialans are renowned for their agility and Suraya was no exception. Upon landing she spun on her heel and rotated her blade aiming it at the center of Nacho's chest.

8. PapiNacho

Jan 14, 2015
    OOC: Ooops just in case I was unclear, I didn't mean I was controlling the environment, just becoming aware of it. No manipulation of any type except for the vortex.

IC: Nacho's offensive was stiffly halted, had he continued on his path he would have skewered by the incoming lightsaber. Forcing his body into a sudden roll, his grip on the vortex subsided and he settled into his more familiar Ataru stance. The grime in his face was expected, but he had hoped to maintain his dignity for at least a few more minutes. Judging from his opponent's muffled chuckle he failed spectacularly. Her speed was frightening and her agility disconcerting, but at least it made his course of action clear: he was going to have to tire her out. The only problem was that his age hadn't gifted him with more stamina, so he re-centered himself and attempted a force push to create some distance.

9. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013

Suraya's gaze followed her blade as it sliced through the empty space where Nacho had just stood merely half a moment before. His Jedi reflexes were apparently more fine tuned than she had imagined, as he deftly rolled away from her attack.

Suddenly she felt her feet slipping...as though she were standing on ball bearings on a slope. She could hear the sound of the grinding crunch of the small stones rolling beneath her feet. Without thinking, she intuitively interrupted her movement by thrusting her emerald blade downwards into the arena floor, which she held onto with both hands, as it sank in all the way up to the hilt. The sunken saber clasped within her ever tightening grip served as a sort of tent-peg to keep her in one place, as she felt the wave of a Force push wash over her...and then finally subside.Nacho had concealed his hand impressively without her seeing this oncoming move.

Extracting her blade from the stone surface she spun twice sideways and backwards dervishly and then caught the innocent and attentive expression of Nacho's padawan from the corner of her eye. Giving him a small smile, she subtly raised two of her fingers and gave his training-saber a trembling tug through the Force, but without removing it from his possession. Startled, the young aspirant jumped and grabbed for his saber on his belt instinctively with both hands.

Just to see if you were paying attention...she grinned.

10. PapiNacho

Jan 14, 2015
    IC: Knight Nacho

Nacho stopped for a second as he observed his opponent startle his focused padawan. It wasn't the Jedi way to tease the young, but any self-respecting master would call it educating; and who was he to begrudge his wayward apprentice further instruction? The thought itself was ludicrous. A smile settled on his face and then widened even further as he realized how he might be able to use this to his advantage.

One of the weaknesses of his Ataru form was the focus on offense and agility, both qualities unsuited to exhausting opponents. Nevertheless Nacho lunged himself forward swinging his blade to meet her expectant parry. Both blades flashed in a flurry of motion as Nacho kept up his offensive. None of his strikes phased her, of course, but his attack had served it's purpose and Nacho could now look directly into Suraya's impassive gaze.

"You must be quite confident in you abilities to instruct students while in the middle of a duel. Some might even call that action prideful."

Nacho was not expecting a fully trained Jedi Knight to loose her balance with such a simple statement, but any uncertainty, however subtle, might provide the edge he needed for victory.

11. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013

Suraya lowered her blade to one side to communicate a neutral pose.

Indeed, perhaps you are right, but maybe I should share something with you, just the same...turning to one side she allowed her black headdress to further conceal her conversation from the padawan and continued to speak in a quiet voice.

When we first entered the arena, and I caught a glimpse of your apprentice, I had a premonition. In the few brief images that flashed before me, I saw that one day, in the not so distant future, your padawan would be mortally wounded due to a simple momentarily lapse in mindfulness, and that if he was instead alert, he could avoid the entire ordeal. She paused to discern Nacho's reaction.

My playful and subtle gesture was a way to make an impression on him now, a small ripple in the Living Force, that will reemerge when the time is right and hopefully remedy the situation in the days ahead. She again held Nacho's gaze with an expression of compassion in her eyes.

I do hope I have not overstepped my bounds...that is by interceding in such a way.

Stepping back she brushed the dust from her robes, rotated her blade to loosen her wrists again, and momentarily meditated on what had transpired.

PapiNacho likes this.
  12. PapiNacho

Jan 14, 2015
    IC: Knight Nacho

Nacho froze, fear rising inside his physique. Suddenly, he was the one off balance. His plan had apparently been reversed and yet Nacho knew that this wasn't a simple trick; the Order did not take the safety of their young lightly. The thought of his padawan's death stabbed at Nacho like a knife. Despite his unruliness Nacho cared for his young ward.

The perturbed Jedi almost unconsciously stepped back, taking a moment to re-center himself. As Nacho reached emotional balance; the possibilities began to run through his mind. The future was always in motion and it might be the case that Ananta might just have saved his padawan or even that the threat would resolve itself. Of course, there was always the possibility that Padawan Toshio's death was the will of the Force. Whether or not the situation required further intervention would be revealed to Nacho after meditation.

Ananta's words then fully sunk in. "No of course not, it's a Jedi's duty to protect the young, whomever his guardian may be."

"I thank you for bringing this to my attention."

"As I'm sure you realize, this is a serious situation that requires some time in meditation; so we shall have to postpone our duel."

"It has been a true pleasure."

Nacho bowed down as was customary, smiled to hide the uncertainty still creeping under his Jedi control and strode out of the room.

Ananta Chetan

13. Darth Cadaverous

Darth Cadaverous Jedi Padawan

Dec 29, 2012
    IC: Darth Cadaverous

Forgotten in the winds of time and space, a lone cloaked figure silently enters the well worn and scorched combat temple of yester years of his memories. No word escapes his torn lips and broken body. "It's been years it seems since I stepped in here", he thought. His movements easy and sure, but his age was slowly starting to show, but he wanted to watch others duel and prove how "worthy" they were and to grow in their own right as fighters.

The figure made his way to the hardest and the darkest, seats around. His cloak forever covered his failures and wins that was out lined on his face and body. He was here to watch others bleed now.

Tag: No one

14. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    IC: Alisha Tano

The young Togruta poked her head into the worn combat arena, blinking slowly as she looked around. It felt as though she hadn't walked through those gates in decades, even though it couldn't have been more than a year. Her training had gone by the wayside, so she didn't know if she'd even remember the right moves if challenged at this point.

Instead, she made her way across the grounds to an empty mat. Reaching to her belt, Alisha briefly smiled at the vaguely familiar feeling of the metal in her hands. It had been ages since she even activated the blade. Most Jedi Masters would likely be glad to not have to use it, but she could only remember the adrenaline rush. Flicking her wrist, she activated the shimmering green blade and began swinging in a quick kata to warm herself up.

TAG:Darth Cadaverous (if you're still interested, of course!) Ananta Chetan

15. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    IC: Ananta Chetan

Perched atop the highest row of seats in the dilapidated old sparring venue sat a lone hooded figure with his eyes closed attempting to connect and merge more fully into the flow of the Force. A daily practice to purge himself of the confines of the limitations of his physical existence. Suddenly he heard the soft low swooshing hum of a saber blade slicing the air in precise repetitious movements. Looking down to the arena floor a familiar face came into focus...an old friend.

Hello there.

TAG Padawan4687

16. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010

Alisha had just finished a single kata and was in the middle of a second when a voice broke into her thoughts. Thank the Force it was familiar enough for her not to jump! Deactivating her lightsaber before she could risk dropping it, she looked around for the speaker. The grounds in her field of vision were all empty, nobody could have called her from ground-level. But what about the stands...?

Craning her neck, Alisha suppressed a grin at the figure that looked down at her. "Ananta?" she asked, waving an arm, "Good to see you! It feels like it's been years!" Re-clipping her lightsaber, she hopped up to the lower part of the aged seating to make her way up to him.

17. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013

Observing Alisha deftly ascend up the arena stairs he immediately noticed how outwardly she had subtly changed in appearance...her lekku a bit longer and her stature a bit taller, but still she carried the twin heirloom blades on her belt and portrayed her usual confident friendliness.

Indeed, it has been too long, my old friend. Are you perchance interested to have a live opponent to cross blades with?

TAG Padawan4687

18. Agent M

Agent M Jedi Padawan star 2

May 13, 2015
    OOC: Say yes. Please. [​IMG]

Padawan4687 and Ananta Chetan like this.
  19. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010

Alisha quickly reached the row of old seats directly below where her friend stood, and was surprised to find herself out of breath. She was hardly inactive during her time away, although she had devoted the majority of her time to mental defenses. Now was not the time for her to discover that she was out of shape!

She ran a hand across the back of her head in slight embarrassment before speaking. "I'm almost afraid to say 'yes,'" she started, waving her heirloom hilt in the air, "I haven't even activated this poor thing in ages..." She gazed into the dull gray metal with a small smile of nostalgia.

"Maybe a spar would help a bit..." she murmured, sending a wider smile Ananta's way, "Just, not up here in the seats! I'd prefer my first duel in months to be on solid ground. My skills are shaky enough!" Tilting her head, she spotted a row of viewing booths a short distance from where the pair stood. The insides were dusty and damaged, but the shell itself was stable. She chuckled to herself, imagining a bold duel there.

OOC: You're going to need more popcorn, Agent M, Ananta and I have used quite a lot of imagination for duels like these! :D

Agent M likes this.
  20. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013

Then so be it...winking at his sister Jedi after reading her thoughts, Ananta did a back-flip then twisted sideways in mid-air in his full robes landing in the center of the viewing box section. Drawing his laser sword to his palm he used his off hand to Force-push some of the debris littering the area to one side so as to ensure a steady foothold for them both to begin with. Activating his Luminara replica saber he assumed the opening Soresu stance but in an unorthodox style that one might do when battling a familiar friend.

TAG Padawan4687

Agent M likes this.
  21. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010

Alisha fought the instinct to duck as Ananta leapt up and over her head to stick the landing on the roof of the view boxes. Show off! She jumped up to follow him, but decided against anything fancy on the way down. She was not about go risk falling over, especially not in front of him!

She kept a tight grip on her heirloom saber hilt, and almost laughed as Ananta activated his own weapon, which looked like it had come from a holo-textbook. "Now the both of us carry relics?" she asked with an amused smile, "Here I thought I was unique!" Waving a hand, she helped her brother brush aside the remaining debris with the Force, and dropped into the classic Ataru stance for dueling.

She took the first move, keeping low to the ground with a quick swing to Ananta's torso.

Agent M likes this.
  22. Agent M

May 13, 2015
    OOC: Off to the store then. :p

23. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013

The Force makes all things new...and this is a new version modeled on the blade Master Unduli used during her lifetime .
    [​IMG]
    Watching Alisha advance quickly keeping her center of gravity low, he brought the emerald light of his saber vertically bracing for her mid-body swipe and then pushing back against her, rolled to her left and behind her before lifting his hand Force pushing her gently in the direction of her previous momentum in the opposite direction where he now stood.

The arena remained silent except for the soft crunch of the pebbles beneath their feet, the sweet low idle humming of their sabers and the sound of his own breath.

TAG Padawan4687 Agent M (the popcorn eating padawan:p )

Agent M likes this.
  24. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010

"Ohh, so it's a new one!" Alisha grinned, gesturing to the hilt in his hands. Maybe she should look into a replica herself... She did sometimes worry that she would damage her heirloom by using it, but it has shown itself to be pretty tough!

Once she shot forward and had her blow deflected, she had to twist herself around before she could regain her footing. Argh, she felt so clumsy! Taking a wide step back, she flushed slightly, looking down at her ignited blade. Dropping the speed and flashiness of her Ataru Style, she completed her turn and ended in a base Soresu defensive stance.

"I can't believe I'm saying this... but I need to get used to dueling again!"

TAG: Ananta Chetan Agent M

Agent M likes this.
  25. Agent M

May 13, 2015
    IC: Neetra Suli (Male, togruta, padawan-initiate)
    As he entered the arena, he sensed two force users. He looked around, searching for them. When he saw them, he began to slowly walk towards the two Jedi, or at least he thought they were. He was surprised to see one of the two Jedi was of the same species as him, togruta.
    When he came close to them, he said;
    "Hello?"
    OOC: This is actually the first time I write something like this, so sorry if it's kinda bad.
    TAG: Padawan4687 Ananta Chetan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.