main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars RPF Lightsaber Combat thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarthKakarot, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    IC: Darth Haretisch

Haretisch studied the unfaltering stare of Darth Cruor as the rest of his hideous form came into view from the retreating shadows.

"Yes, you do know who is here. This is not the first time we have found ourselves in this situation, my old friend," the Gen'dai greeted as though he could feel his very thoughts through the force. Haretisch looked down momentarily at his artificial left hand -- at the wound he had received as a younger man at the culmination of his fall from the light all those years ago. Not at the hands of Cruor, but nevertheless as a direct result of their first encounter which had started him down the path of the dark side.

"Pray that this encounter with me turns out differently for you," Cruor uttered deeply.

"Your Dun Möch slights me, Lord Cruor," Haretisch replied, "surely you do not take me for one of the weak who would cower to simple words."

With a snap-hiss, he activated his lightsaber, the blade bathing the ground around his feet in a blood scarlet luminescence. "You will *feel* my power, and you will BOW to me, here on this hallowed ground!" his voice boomed, sending forth a shockwave of dark side energy which rebounded off of every wall like an echo in the force. "Bring your blade to bear, so that I may bring you to your knees, honor intact."

TAG: Mikaboshi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  2. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Tim Battershell
    Duelling Arena, Primus

"I'm just a simple Knight Sentinel from the Guardians of Light, name of Tim Battershell; and looking for a decent workout!"; he said, turning to face the newcomer. The turn brought the right-hand side of the fifty-year-old, 5' 10" tall, dark-haired, blue-eyed, human's belt into view, with a horizontally mounted Lightsaber hilt attached to it, emitter forward, in similar fashion to the cockpit assembly of a YT-1300 Light Freighter.

The Jedi's robes were similar to, but of a slightly different pattern and cut from, those of the New Jedi Order, and different again from those worn by Jedi in the Old Republic.

The Lightsaber hilt, much thinner than normal and a literal 'hand and a half' long, boasted a disk-like phrik handguard, about 3cm wide, which was locked into position by a shroud of the same metal screwed onto and protectively over the weapon's emitter.

"I sense your darkness, Sith, but it will avail you not. A candle flame is enough to hold it back; or the shining blade of an activated Lightsaber!

So, shall we dispute the right of access to this facility with blades set to Training-strength, or at some more potent level? I should caution you that my normal setting, although non-lethal, is highly unpleasant - in a painful sort of way - and causes temporary paralysis in the struck area or limb."

TAG: Darth_Elu

Falcon and Darth_Elu like this.
  3. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Darth Ghor IC:
    ~Dueling Arena Primus~

The Vong kept his gaze hardened on the confirmed Jedi a few moments more, watching as the older human man greeted him and slowly turned. Casually revealing his weapon on his belt as he did so. As possibly desired, Ghor allowed himself an appraising look at the lightsaber he was set to clash against. Thin, hand a half length, hand guard of some form. Horizontal placement on the belt.

Simple observations, but crucial. Had he not been discovered by the Sith, he would have been Warrior Caste at any rate and he knew instinctively what to look for in an enemy.

His arms slowly dropped to his sides as this Tim Battershell continued his prattle. It was almost as if the Jedi was seeking to confound him with poetry like some kind of lulling technique before striking. It didn't work.

Ghor pointed at him with a slight nod, "Unclip your weapon, Jeedai. And know that I care not for anything less than a weapon's true strength, which goes double for it's wielder."

As if listening to his own words, Ghor removed his own blade from his belt and with a simple switch--snap-hiss--the old arena was once more aglow with a Sith's red blade.

His eyes very briefly glanced at the lightsaber in his hand. Hmm…I still prefer the color of my old weapon.

Glancing up again, he held the blade up at a nice ready stance with just his left hand for now.

"A work out is good, but you will find you may get far more than that by the end, Tiiim." Ghor emphasized the Jedi's name in his particular accent, while letting the Dark Side radiate from him in anticipation.

It had been a while since he had clashed with a Light User, no matter what particular faction they clung to. This should be fun.

Tag: Tim

Falcon and Tim Battershell like this.
  4. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Duelling Arena, Primus

"Unclip your weapon, Jeedai. And know that I care not for anything less than a weapon's true strength, which goes double for it's wielder...."

Tim felt the old, familiar, stirrings of his 'Mad Swordsman' youth - an appellation originally conferred upon him by his Niece and Nephew, later taken up by the rest of the family - and glowed inwardly with happiness. It had been so long since he had had a real challenge.

The Sith - could he truly be of the Yuuzhan Vong species? - produced and activated his weapon, holding it one-handed, and left-handed at that. Once again, Tim thought that Red was simply not his colour as he slid his own blade forward from the clip's dovetails and, impishly, brought his left hand onto the hilt. Activating the yellow-gold blade - a much purer colour, in every sense of the word - as he assumed a sloppy-looking Shii-Cho opening stance.

Almost not hearing the Sith's "A work out is good, but you will find you may get far more than that by the end, Tiiim.", he thought; "Well, this should be interesting!" as he awaited the onset. The Sith's intensifying Dark-side aura didn't bother him much; not after encountering a ship-load of them. This single Sith wasn't capable of matching that particular intensity.

TAG: Darth_Elu

Falcon and Ananta Chetan like this.
  5. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    IC: Anthonard Grey
    Underground Base Detention Center

It was quiet when Anthonard entered the cell. However, his captive spoke. "...Ah, a visitor." Yet, Anthonard remind silent. Shortly after, the Jedi spoke again. "What do you want?" Still, he remind silent for another minutes. Then he took steps forward, came closer to the Jedi, before he lifted his right hand, lifting the Jedi off the ground with a Force choking grip. "I do the questioning here, Jedi filth." Then he released her, taking one more step closer.

TAG Ananta Chetan Padawan4687

Jedi Knight Fett and Padawan4687 like this.
  6. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    IC: Naledi Xiong

The Sith remained almost eerily silent as he stood at the door, Naledi couldn't discern even a twitch of his mouth as he took slow steps closer. "..." What exactly was he planning on doing, swinging at her? She took a slow breath to keep herself centered when the air was forced out of her lungs.

"Ack!" she gasped out, feeling something wrap around her throat and begin to squeeze. Naledi reached for her constricting throat and awkwardly clung to it with her bound hands. She started to rise herself, and her feet were just barely above the floor when he decided to release her. Naledi landed heavily on the ground, coughing and gasping for breath.

Scum... she defiantly thought, holding her chest as she continued to cough. You'll never get anything...useful, out of me...

TAG: Ananta Chetan, Jedi Master Kenobiwan

7. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    IC: Darth Dreadwar
    Aboard the Dead Metal, en route to his Worldcraft

Dreadwar's eyes widened in a mockery of comical surprise as the pillow flew towards him, knocking his own 'threatening' weapon from his grasp. Both pillows fell aside, some four feet away.

"Curse you, Jedi!" he shouted in the pretense of impotent rage. He hopped nimbly onto the coach, his hand rising, and with it, both pillows. "But I must thank you for providing me with another weapon with which I might fashion your death!" He turned towards her, grinning, as his telekinesis empowered the pillows' rise, in a simulacrum of Darth Traya's legendary telekinetic wielding of multiple lightsabers. With a gesture, they both flapped like the wings of a bat towards Robyn, swinging both towards her face, raining down 'blow' after 'blow' upon her.

"Now, Padawan, you will die! Fall before me!" Once more, Dreadwar was left with the errant thought, sprung from the eternal well of his pessimistic unconscious, Now would be a terrible time for her Master to wake up... again. Shrugging off the notion at the follow-up thought that indeed such would suit the narrative he was attempting to craft well, he leaped off the couch, hoping his assault of fluff and feather would fell her so that he might pin Robyn to the floor. Laughing, he dived towards her.

(and an old, old man went on dreaming, his thoughts whirling... decision reached, they bade give form to another Force Phantom, that would begin a battle of an altogether more deadly sort)

Padawan4687

---

Dueling Arena Primus

Out of the shadows of the edge of the arena, darkness coalesced into the eldritch mockery of a humanoid form. Distorted, ghastly, flickering and blurring as it formed steadily into a crisp outline. The opaque silhouette of a head lolled forwards and backwards, the jaw, hanging loosely, uttering forth a terrible, shuddering hiss, as what appeared as black liquid poured over its form until at last, the dark thing was enshrouded by tattered robes, its countenance hidden invisibly within a deep hood.

And then... two sparks of baleful fire lit like candles, yellow eyes fixing their gaze upon the Sith and Jedi squaring off.

Darth Dreadwar, Emperor of the Sith, leveled a gaze of cold flame at his would-be opponents. He was here for one reason. Darth Ghor. A Sith not of his own. A rival. His servants had slain a thousand, feeding the altar around which the walls of his Sith Temple had been erected. But this one... this one the Force itself had warned him of. This one would require his personal attention. One more today, before I may see to grander affairs. And if a Jedi - or two - should be caught in the wake of Ghor's death at his hand, all the merrier.

The cacophonous hiss of terrible noise emanating from his non-throat wavered and warbled its way towards true speech, not in the ancient Sith tongue, but Basic so that Tim Battershell and the Yuuzhan Vong turned Sith might both understand alike. "Greeetingsss, my friends. You know who I am."

A mocking, rasping laugh. "I apologise for the intrusion. But I'm afraid, Jidai, that you stand between the Lord of the Sith... and his prey!"

Tim Battershell, Darth_Elu, Falcon

8. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    IC: Kasha Sherland
    Dueling Arena Primus

Kasha watched Tim battle the Yuuzhan Vong Sith causing her to frown. She hadn't seen many Yuuzhan Vong who were Force sensitive. If she remembered correctly the Force had abandoned the Yuuzhan Vong years ago. But eventually after the war, the Force had slowly returned to their species when they realized they were wrong. She felt a sudden chill come over her, she glanced over to the shadows at the edge of an arena as she watched something move. There was a second Sith Lord near by. This one she knew, the leader of the Sith himself.

Kasha didn't understand why the Force had called her here, but soon she had her answer. There was a second Sith here and Tim would be quickly over powered.

"Greeetingsss, my friends. You know who I am."

A mocking, rasping laugh. "I apologise for the intrusion. But I'm afraid, Jidai, that you stand between the Lord of the Sith... and his prey!"

She remained hidden in the shadows observing the scene before her. She wondered how her former padawan would react, it was apparent that Dreadwar was after the Yuuzhan Vong and she would rather see her former padawan live to fight another day. She gently touched Tim's mind to let him know he wasn't alone and she was here. She watched the shadows where the other was hidden, her hand lightly brushing against the hilt of her lightsaber waiting to see how this scene would unfold.

Tim Battershell, Darth_Elu, Darth Dreadwar

9. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Duelling Arena, Primus

An interruption no, an intrusion, as another Sith presence manifested itself within the arena; this one even more stinking than the other. Quite an entrance, certainly, but oh, so terribly flashy!

It spoke; "Greeetingsss, my friends. You know who I am.... I apologise for the intrusion. But I'm afraid, Jidai, that you stand between the Lord of the Sith... and his prey!"

Bad timing on the newcomer's part, Tim thought, another few seconds and he would have crossed blades with the Vong-Sith, thereby revealing some of his abilities - if not what his blade could actually do to an opponent.

"Yes you are intruding.; he said; "I didn't hear you knock, but then rudeness seems to be standard-for-Sith - and why not use the door like anyone else? Lost Force Phantom technique of Darth Verminous, isn't it? Or was it Darth Vectivius? Name began with a 'V' anyway. Should have stayed a lost technique, in my opinion.

Interesting situation we have here, it seems. If you want to have matters out with this other Sith; that's not really my problem. On the other hand, you are a much greater threat to Civilization and Justice than he is. So, if he and I combine forces we might get rid of you for good - and it would be for good, for the good of all! That he could then turn on me is likely, expected and understood. So what do you say, Warrior of the Noble Yuuzhan Vong people, do we temporarily ally? Wouldn't be the first time Jedi and Yuuzhan Vong have made common cause, would it?"

Tim had felt his Master's mental touch, and knew she was standing ready, if needed. However opportunities like this didn't come along very often and the possible benefits were immense. The main Sith Order leaderless and riven by faction-fighting, could that be why the Force had directed him here?

Darth_Elu, Darth Dreadwar, Falcon.

Falcon likes this.
  10. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Darth Persevus IC:
    ~Hidden Location~

Far from the sight of the others and well cloaked in techniques through the Force that rendered him utterly invisible even to those with the strongest Force Sense ability, Persevus continued to remain out of the brewing conflict. The Dueling Arena was about to serve its purpose after all and how could he deny it its purpose? Especially since it had grown hungry for the blood of its combatants for so long.

Of those that had arrived, only one did he so far recognize. But then due to this area's true significance, that was hardly surprising. More information for him to gather, this pleased him. There really was no need to fight personally, nor even reveal himself. None of these people had enough strength to break through his 'invisibility' anyway and he had no issues with any of them. Still…it should all be interesting.

He listened as Tim Battershell introduce himself to the Yuuzhan Vong and show off a witty, casually disarming personality. A subtle and useful trick. It was hard to see exactly where his power lay in terms of scale, but he would soon see. His sloppy Form I stance was a clear ploy. Throw his enemy off balance, lead them to believe he was poorly trained and 'rough around the edges.' Whether the Yuuzan Vong would see through that was…well. Let us just see. Darth Ghor, whom Persevus already knew if not on a personal level, was strong. But by no means elite. Resourceful, immensely disciplined, physically impressive in all areas. But Persevus was uncertain he may make it out in this case. Too many variables for him, in his opinion. Then again, Ghor had proven him wrong before when he had last observed him years ago.

Then there was the newcomer. Another Sith. He claimed that they knew him. That was yet to be seen, for reasons they did not yet understand. It was highly likely the Jedi knew though, it just felt that way. Ghor? Well, Persevus would just have to see if there was a flash of recognition or not. His eyes narrowed in on him behind the mask he wore.

Hm…there is some strength to this one. And he's merely acclimating to the scene right now. I'll have to watch that one closely. He may be of value.

Lost Force Phantom technique of Darth Verminous, isn't it? Or was it Darth Vectivius? Name began with a 'V' anyway. Should have stayed a lost technique, in my opinion.

Persevus almost chuckled aloud, but refrained. He quietly mouthed 'Vectivus' to himself and left that at that. Though this Sith's technique was slightly modified for personal flair evidently.

And finally…there was the other Force User. Jedi by the feel of them. Hiding in the shadows, biding their time. Another one whose level of strength he had trouble gauging accurately, but then…it was only the beginning. They'd reveal themselves sooner or later. That was a certainty.

Dueling Arena…it is time. Do what you do best.

And Persevus would watch every minute of it.

Tag: None

Darth Ghor IC:
    ~Dueling Arena Primus~

Ghor allowed himself a faint smirk as the Jedi prepared himself for battle. Blade was in his left hand? That'll make things fun. Left hand versus left hand. Of course, the Vong was ambidextrous, but he didn't know that. Yet. Depending on how weak he was, he may never know.

Then there was the sloppy stance. Ghor only frowned. Was he being mocked? Or did this fool of a man believe he could truly best him with technique of that shoddy caliber? He wouldn't even need a lightsaber to break that.

Hmph.

Then there was further tension in the air. Like the Force was coiling up, ready to burst. His attack. It was coming. Right about….

…Not then.

Darth Ghor immediately moved away from the corridor entrance and in the rounded direction of Tim's left, but keeping one eye on the area they had both entered the arena from. Someone new was here…Who dared intervene?

His left eye glared as he watched the odd…thing…form itself into being. What manner of creature was it? Dark Side, there was no question, but that hardly meant it was an ally. Then came the burning eyes. Ghor's frown only increased.

"Greeetingsss, my friends. You know who I am. I apologise for the intrusion. But I'm afraid, Jidai, that you stand between the Lord of the Sith... and his prey!"

Prey? Prey was he? This newcomer had just made a grave mistake referencing himself in such an insulting way! Lord of the Sith…pah. He was no Sith Lord.

"Yes you are intruding." Tim said; "I didn't hear you knock, but then rudeness seems to be standard-for-Sith - and why not use the door like anyone else? Lost Force Phantom technique of Darth Verminous, isn't it? Or was it Darth Vectivius? Name began with a 'V' anyway. Should have stayed a lost technique, in my opinion.

Interesting situation we have here, it seems. If you want to have matters out with this other Sith; that's not really my problem. On the other hand, you are a much greater threat to Civilization and Justice than he is. So, if he and I combine forces we might get rid of you for good - and it would be for good, for the good of all! That he could then turn on me is likely, expected and understood. So what do you say, Warrior of the Noble Yuuzhan Vong people, do we temporarily ally? Wouldn't be the first time Jedi and Yuuzhan Vong have made common cause, would it?"

Ghor didn't mean to fall back onto old terminologies, but of irritation he did in his mind. Who are these infidels?

He snorted derision at both people, "I know nothing of you…creature. You are no Lord of the Sith. A cockroach who grasps at a station higher than itself. As for you, Jeedai, we will not ally. I do not disgrace myself with such a vile idea. If I must strike you down one after another or at the same time…so be it!"

In truth, if Ghor would have temporarily allied with anyone, it'd be with the proclaimed Sith against the Jedi; but its declaration of it hunting him completely destroyed that idea before it even formed.

Ghor swung his blade in his left hand simply, so he had now held it in a reverse grip and crouched into a tense ready pose. One far more conducive to counter attacking than before. With this new turn in events, Ghor decided he would see the other Sith's response before recklessly making any moves. Though he much desired things didn't take too long.

Tag: Tim, Dreadwar, Kasha

Darth Persevus Part II:

Persevus continued his silent observation and council upon the whole matter, but he took notes.

So. Ghor and this other Sith Lord immediately draw blades at each other's throats. The Jedi seeks a bridge for mutual advantage as usual, unsurprisingly declined. And I'm not sure if the Jedi knows of his friend's presence, though it is likely…but Ghor clearly has no idea of the second Jedi's being around at all. Strong in the Force, but only in the offensive arts as usual. Careful Ghor, that may prove fatal one day…

From his mysterious vantage point, Persevus turned his gaze upon the woman Jedi whom he could only barely make out. And what will you do. How long will you wait, I wonder.

Tag: None

Falcon likes this.
  11. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011

As soon Anthonard released the Jedi, she felt to the ground and cough. He stood there for awhile, before a whisper came through the Force. Then he used the Force to levitate the Jedi up once again, before pushed her to the concrete floor and held her there. "We can either do this the hard way, or you can make it easier for yourself Jedi," he said and mischievous smirk crossed his face. "I got a lot of time, I'm just afraid that you don't."

TAG Padawan4687 Ananta Chetan

Jedi Knight Fett and Padawan4687 like this.
  12. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Dueling Arena Primus

The Dark Lord took heed of his would-be enemies' words, rolling them over in his mind, calculating, pressing, seeking the path to victory... Such wit, the Jidai displays, he thought to himself. An appropriation of the Sith art of Dun Möch, I wonder? Or merely a mask, hiding the delicacy of fear? He tasted the air, tracing the lines of arcana, the connections between the Jidai pup and another betraying the presence of... Ah, a Jedi Master, his mocking leer projected into Falcon's mind. Will you play?

A shrieking, shuddering laugh issued forth, then, high with cold mirth, crafted exquisitely to suit the role of fearsome wraith the Emperor often donned. Maximise fear... "A Jidai, allying with a Sith? Now this should provide me with some sport." His cowl swivelled to face the Yuuzhan Vong, who promptly shot down the notion.

Surprising. Just on what backwater planet had this Ghor been sequestered, that he had missed the rise of the Sith Empire to reclaim the shadowed half of the galaxy? A ripple of amusement passed through the Dark Lord at the slight, seeping into his roaring whisper as he addressed the rogue Sith. "Allow me to introduce myself, then. I am Darth Dreadwar. Emperor of the Sith Empire. Your mere existence outside of the fold is anathema to me. But I will offer a bargain." His hands rose in vainglorious gesture. "Submit to the Sith Empire, and your life may continue under the roof of the Korriban Academy. Bend not the knee, but pledge to lay prostrate before your Lord, after, and we shall dispatch this Jidai," a point of a crooked finger, "and his friend cowering in the shadows." It was scarcely an offer designed to elicit an alliance, but the Sith Council would be annoyed if they discovered their Lord was dispatching disparate Sith elements without at least the offer of acknowledging his superiority. That, and Dreadwar's favourite pastime was testing the pride of lesser Sith. Will his rationality, and instinct for survival, win out over self-destructive pride?

The ancient one stalked forward some three paces, his form breaking away from the arena's shadows that seemed to do their best to cling to him as he moved, but remaining a distance from Battershell and Ghor. Less out of caution, more out of playing to his strengths. It would serve him ill if they engaged him in close quarters, his lack of mastery of the lightsaber thus exposed. A chill wind began to gather, air distorting and rippling inwards as Dreadwar began to summon his powers. "Enough words. Choose wisely. Or you will pay the price... for your lack of vision!"

Darth_Elu, Tim Battershell, Falcon

13. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Duelling Arena, Primus

Tim waited, observing and opening himself to the Force, until Dreadwar had almost finished speaking, then advancing towards the self-proclaimed 'Sith Emperor' in a deceptively swift 'Swordsman's Glide'.

"Do you see it too, Warrior? This so-called 'Emperor' is no swordsman. His movements and posture betray him!"; he said into the silence. What he didn't say was; 'And you aren't as good as you think you are, either. Maybe with one of your snakes, but not with our weapons.'. Indeed, the Djem-So reverse grip the Vong-Sith had changed to looked like an open invitation for someone's blade to amputate his arm!

"You seem to forget, Your Highness, that I don't need to fight today at all, or even be here any longer. You've correctly divined that we are under Jedi observation. How many others are nearby? Enough to throw a wall of light around this place, perhaps, trap you here so you can be utterly destroyed? If so, I'll simply wave you goodbye!". Taking his left hand from the pommel-area of his 'Saber's hilt, and showing it palm-first with fingers bent at a right angle, to the 'Emperor'; he alternately lifted his fingers toward vertical and let them fall back, so they made a sort of waving motion. A rather dismissive, and insulting, waving motion!

The only disadvantage of being a Jedi was that he couldn't really attack. But if his words provoked one.... Fair enough!

OOC: The wave is the same as the one Vir Cotto gave to Morden (and also to his severed head) in Babylon 5

Falcon, Darth_Elu and Darth Dreadwar like this.
  14. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    IC: Naledi Xiong

Naledi was free to cough and breathe for about one extra minute before she felt the Force wrap itself around her again. Not again...! She was going up, and she was about to take one final gulp of air when the ground came rushing back. Thankfully she managed to prevent her head from striking the floor, but her elbows took the worst of it, digging both into the ground and into her stomach.

"You're not....making it easy..." she hissed, her voice faintly registering pain, "...for me to...answer!" The pressure refused to let up this time, and she gritted her teeth to keep from crying out. This must be fun for you, she thought, unable to lift her head to glare at her captor, attacking a bound opponent... "Why not...ask me....first?"

TAG: Jedi Master Kenobiwan, Ananta Chetan

IC: Padawan Robyn Shaire/ Knight Nalana Tirabek

Robyn watched the pair of "weapons" fall to the ground, and called her blue pillow back to her hand...at the same time as Dreadwar. The two engaged in an invisible tug of war for all of a minute before Robyn was forced backward, both physically and in the Force! She managed to avoid falling over, but watched with wide eyes as both pillows floated up, reminding her easily of another Sith Lord she had only read about. The Dark Woman who was strong enough in the Force to wield many lightsabers at once, Darth Traya!

The pillow-bat began it's attack, and Robyn's face got whacked twice before she could lift both arms to defend it. "Get back, foul creature!" she shouted, enduring two more hits before blasting the pair of pillows away with a Push. She neglected to think of the Lord himself while fighting off his new minion, and if it wasn't for her Sight screaming out in warning, she probably wouldn't have noticed him coming until he was right on top of her! Have mercy!

She cried out in shock, and struck at the low-flying pillow-bat's "wing" with an amplified fist in the hope that it would land a lucky blow against it's Master. "I won't fall! I will protect my Master with everything I have!" she shouted it as even as she bumped into the table and went down rolling underneath it. T-take cover!

The "sleeping" Jedi Knight's hands, hidden from view of the two combatants, clenched into fists. Her eyes were still closed, and by all appearances she was unconscious to the world. She was actually, fully aware that the Sith and her Padawan were locked in battle from their voices, but couldn't hear the telltale clash of lightsabers...the blows sounded strangely "soft". Not just that, the Sith sounded rather...dramatic, considering how he had mocked her for sounding like a "holodrama" before...

Force, I want to move! she thought, mentally searching the room for her weapon. It was gone, probably taken by the Sith before he had healed her...assurance most likely, that she wouldn't attack him upon waking. I had no plan to...unless you're forcing Robyn's hand! It's...me, she's defending? The girl sounded so determined, a far cry from the fearful uncertainty on Korriban. Something changed...

TAG: Darth Dreadwar

15. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Dueling area Primus

Will you play?

Kasha glanced at the Emperor and raised an eyebrow in his direction. //Only if you interfere with my former apprentice.// She shot back with a small smirk on her lips in a sneering way. //Aren't you a little far from the protection of your dark knights? Since when does the Leader of the Sith Lords take an interest in this specimen? Last I checked they couldn't use the Force.//

She paused for a second and couldn't resist this one last line. //Go home and let us deal with this.//

Kasha watched the dark lord as she waited for his response. She was bidding her time waiting to see which way the events would unfold. She was curious to see how well her former apprentice would handle the situation. So far he was deliberately provoking them which could prove fatal and she would have to intervene. She came from a Force strong family dating all the way back to the Clone Wars. Being a Master and on the Council, she still had a responsibility for engaging only when the situation was out of control for Tim.

Darth_Elu, Darth Dreadwar, Tim Battershell

16. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    IC: Darth Cruor

"Your Dun Möch slights me, Lord Cruor," Haretisch replied, "surely you do not take me for one of the weak who would cower to simple words."

The Gen'dai laughed at the Sith Lord, a wiser man would have cowered. Few in the galaxy possessed the experience or power of Darth Cruor, and no mere lightsaber would be enough to kill him.

"Bring your blade to bear, so that I may bring you to your knees, honor intact." Haretisch yelled to the black mummy like form of Cruor.

"Honor?" The light in the hallway dimmed considerably, Darth Cruor towered over his rival, he pulled both hands from his sleeves. Two angry red blades leapt forth from the lightsabers he had concealed.

"Of what use is honor to me?" He came forward slightly so that only 10 feet separated them. "Power is the only thing that matters."

Darth Cruor stood before Darth Haretisch and waited, his arms by his sides. His black robes appeared as if soaked in blood due to the red glow of his blades. "Show me your power, Sithling." He spat at Haretisch.

TAG: Wanderguard

Sent from Parts Unknown

17. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    IC: Darth Haretisch

"You will feel my power!" Haretisch roared, and sprung forward to close the distance. With a one-handed grip, he feinted a slash to Cruor's left shoulder, before taking another step inside and spinning into a low swipe at the knees, seeking to exploit his opponent's height by getting close and attacking low where he would have more leverage. He knew he would not overpower the Gen'dai with brute strength. Speed, ferocity, and positioning would be his greatest assets.

TAG: Mikaboshi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Darth Ghor IC:
    ~Dueling Arena Primus~

The Vong watched quietly as his opponents responded to him and amongst each other, his hardened gaze not lessening at any moment.

"Allow me to introduce myself, then. I am Darth Dreadwar. Emperor of the Sith Empire. Your mere existence outside of the fold is anathema to me. But I will offer a bargain." The Sith Lord's hands rose in vainglorious gesture. "Submit to the Sith Empire, and your life may continue under the roof of the Korriban Academy. Bend not the knee, but pledge to lay prostrate before your Lord, after, and we shall dispatch this Jidai," a point of a crooked finger, "and his friend cowering in the shadows."

So. There was another Jedi hiding around here somewhere? Hmph. Ghor sent a small glare toward Tim, but said nothing in response. It was best if he tried to hide the fact that he had no idea where this other Jedi was. Irritating to the extreme! The last thing he needed was a dishonorable death from a stab in the back. Yet, the Jedi simply spoke to him in response to Dreadwar's movements a bit away from them.

"Do you see it too, Warrior? This so-called 'Emperor' is no swordsman. His movements and posture betray him!"

A grunt was all the reply Tim got. Ghor had noticed the "Emperor's" movements just as clearly. The slow build up of Force power in him as well hinted at where his strengths lay.

"You seem to forget, Your Highness, that I don't need to fight today at all, or even be here any longer. You've correctly divined that we are under Jedi observation. How many others are nearby? Enough to throw a wall of light around this place, perhaps, trap you here so you can be utterly destroyed? If so, I'll simply wave you goodbye!"

"If there were that many of you, we wouldn't still be talking, Jeedai. Don't bluff, it isn't your strength," Ghor replied sharply.

"Enough words. Choose wisely. Or you will pay the price… for your lack of vision!"Dreadwar had begun to summon much greater strength in the Dark Side now, a more rapid build up of power.

His instincts told him the time to act was now. The longer he waited, the greater the attack this so-called Emperor would conjure. He wasn't sure in what form it would take either. Nor did he care to find out. The Jedi wasn't moving, how atypical and useless as ever! And their partner, whomever and wherever they were, continued to sulk elsewhere like a coward. As usual it fell to him to do something.

With a sudden build up of Force power at his feet, Ghor suddenly launched himself toward Dreadwar, a savage yell erupting from his mouth. His blade was still held in the reverse grip he had adopted, glowing menacingly red. That should get his attention. About halfway to the fellow Sith however and Ghor sprang off his left foot with the Force again, completely changing track as he lifted into the air at incredible speed.

He had timed it and used his instincts to figure that was about when Dreadwar would launch any attack, not tolerating him to get any further yet hoping to draw him in recklessly. He would dodge it, while hoping to also catch Battershell off guard. As that was where his new destination was. The Jedi.

Ghor spun in the air twice and deftly let go of his weapon and catching it in his right hand now, bringing his saber down upon him and anticipated it would be blocked initially. Though he hoped its sudden switch of hands (though still in Djem So grip) would disorient his Light Side opponent. Should it be blocked, he immediately would drop to his right hand that still would hold the blade and lash out with both legs as a low kick designed to trip him up or make him stumble, before swiftly righting himself with blade no longer in reverse and ready to strike downward if the ploy had worked. A neutral ready stance if failed, with him slowly adopting a position that allowed him to look at both combatants.

Such athletic display was nothing to him, it was how he was trained. It was how he had overcome plenty of enemies in the past and how he would overcome the ones before him now.

As for Dreadwar…he had hoped to imbalance him briefly, give him a taste of the fact that he was no simple apprentice to be plowed over, and see if he would shift focus onto the Jedi as well.

The battle had finally begun in earnest.

Tag: Tim, Dreadwar, & Kasha

19. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    IC: Ananta Chetan
    Tukjopr Cavern

Slowly inhaling the icy air he could suddenly detect the subtle tremors of suffering ripple up the vertebrae of his spine of someone far below...someone whose connection to the Light was being challenged unmercifully. Concentrating on their cry he connected to their agony, feeling it wash over himself. In the distance in both directions heavy boots were thudding towards him. It was now or never.

Igniting his blade he ran down deeper into the snowy cave keeping a portion of his attention on the pain of the Lightsider as a beacon to help him locate them, wherever they may be. Rounding a set of corners he encountered two Stormtroopers with blasters drawn barreling forward. Without thinking he Force pushed the first into the second and jumped over both, then deflecting a single blaster bolt fired at his back into the chest of one of the downed attackers. Increasing his speed he came into a larger corridor and then could audibly hear the restrained cries of the one whom he had come for.

Throwing caution to the wind he now yelled out...Where are you? Hold on...just hold on.

TAG: Padawan4687 Jedi Master Kenobiwan

20. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Duelling Arena, Primus

While closing the distance towards the 'Emperor', Tim had nevertheless kept the Vong-Sith under observation. He noted, particularly as the Vong-Sith drew attention to it with a yell, his sprint towards the 'Emperor' but was less than surprised (the being was Sith, after all, an appellation synonymous with deception and treachery) to see the being jump in his direction instead. Very well then.... So be it!

Back when Tim had first picked up a sword, there had been an Instructor in the Halls of Arms who made a habit of testing his potential students by standing unarmed in front of them while ordering them to strike him - it was those who went in for 'Shadow Fencing' in front of the rest, obviously trying to impress or cow their fellows, that were mostly so singled out.

Try those show-offs did, and mightily, but met with abject failure every time; defeated by subtle, almost imperceptible, shifts of balance and body position, usually without the Instructor even needing to move his feet, their weapons hitting nothing more substantial than air! The showiest sometimes even had their weapons plucked from their hands in mid-attack; by moves straight out of the pages of a very ancient manual on swordsmanship. Fortunately the tome was lavishly and finely illustrated because the ancient text had defied translation by even the most capable of Protocol Droids. The book was that old!

Usually, those one-sided bouts ended with the show-off throwing his sword down in a rage and hastily retiring; dignity in tatters, never to be seen again.

Waiting until the Vong-Sith was in mid-air, demonstrating impressive acrobatic skills but leaving himself without any real ability to rapidly change direction, Tim sidestepped the attack with a touch of enhanced SPEED. Four paces, he calculated, should be enough to place him two or three metres away from the Vong-Sith's touchdown point.

If the dodge made the being look, and feel, totally ridiculous, so be it.... It was one reason why Tim preferred to stay firmly balanced on his own two feet during combat and, except for one particular scenario, hardly ever used acrobatic moves.

Darth Dreadwar, Darth_Elu and Falcon like this.
  21. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Aboard the Dead Metal

Dreadwar corrected his movement mid-flight as he perceived the Padawan's attempt to dodge, his power redirecting his descent towards her... only to curse himself for said exertion, when he realised following her was meaning he would fall on top of--

Oof... With a cacophonous crash, the armoured Sith fell on top of the caf table, his pillows forgotten as the power upending them waned thanks to Robyn's Force Push and follow-up punch. He rolled off, crashing onto the floor two feet to the side of the Jedi Padawan so wisely hiding under the table, landing on his back. He laughed, summoning the nearest, pink pillow to his hand from the couch before rolling towards her. "I have you now, Jedi," he said as his hand extended just before he rolled under the table, pushing himself to a crouch, moving the table upwards with his helmeted head as he slowly rose.

A creak, and another crash, as the table tipped upwards onto two legs before finally tipping over onto its back. "Final words, before you die?" His pillow rose high above his head for a mock deathblow.

Padawan4687

Dueling Arena Primus

Dreadwar felt a touch against his mind, as the foul light presence of the hiding Jedi Master evidently clung to his retreating psychic tendrils, bringing with it, her reply. Only if you interfere with my former apprentice. Dreadwar sensed the sneering smile. Aren't you a little far from the protection of your dark knights? Since when does the Leader of the Sith Lords take an interest in this specimen? Last I checked they couldn't use the Force.

Go home and let us deal with this.

Then you are ignorant of Darth Vua, and the nameless Sith born from the ranks of the Yuuzhan Vong, Dreadwar absently returned, ignoring the jibe. But as for your... former apprentice. Oh, I shall interfere. But feel to cower, then, Jidai, while I gut your pup. Dreadwar projected a grotesque image of just exactly what he planned to do to Battershell, chuckling mentally.

Then said former apprentice was approaching, with surprising, elegant speed, all barbs and annoyingly keen perception and threats. Dreadwar withdrew from Sherland's mind with a yank, slamming into place his telepathic shields. He could afford no distractions from hesitant Jedi Masters.

He did not retreat, for that would signal his true weakness in the art, but he scarcely believed the Jedi would strike him down even if he did get within striking distance. Instead, the Dark Lord stood, icily, statuesque, only the rippling of his hood denoting his chill, scraping breath while he listened. Wall of Light? Well, Ghor was right on that one. If there were so many Jedi, they would have descended already... or not, if they have as much fighting spirit as this Jedi's former Master. He did not bother to respond, for enlightening the Jedi as to why a Wall of Light would accomplish nothing, while no doubt something a HoloFilm villain might do, was certainly not rational. Evidently Battershell had foolishly thought he was some Dark Jedi thug, all fiery rage and hate and pride - true vainglory, not merely the pretense - and thus that his provocations would mean anything. But Dreadwar had long ago mastered, and embraced, the tenet: What is deadlier than hate, and flows without limit?

Indifference.

A true Sith, Dreadwar reasoned, did not burn brightly and suddenly with the red flames of an angry star. A true Sith was empty, the emptiness of the void. Emotions a tool only, fueling the imposition of one's will upon the Force. Cold.

And so the Sith Emperor watched, dispassionately as ever, his emptiness howling about him as he commanded the Force of the cosmos to bend to his dark intellect. He awaited Ghor's response.

A leap. Disappointing. But amusement, too, traces of glee burgeoning at the imminent pleasure of murder. Only for his anticipation to be confounded, as Ghor's second leap took him to Battershell. His amusement took another form, then, as Battershell's swiftness, born of the Force, took him four paces away from where Ghor had evidently hoped to begin raining brutal blows down upon his Jedi foe. Ah, a spectacle indeed! They both impressed him, in their own way. Ghor was quite clever, in avoiding responding yay or nay to Dreadwar's offer. Now, the fight had surely begun, and the time for words was over. And Battershell... well, clearly he had mastered the art of demonstrating the idiocy of flashy, but ultimately ineffectual glow-stick attacks.

I will show them... effective.

The howling wind cracked with little spiderwebs of green, lightning racing down Dreadwar's arms and churning about him, before finally, his might gathered to him, he unleashed his power. Perhaps more aptly termed Force Storm than mere Force Lightning, the barreling shockwave of crackling, lethal electrical power shot towards Ghor and Battershell, rending the air before its blaster-bolt-speed rush with a screech that promised ashen death.

I will show them... the dark side.

Falcon, Darth_Elu, Tim Battershell

OOC: Fellow Babylon 5 fan, eh? :D

22. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Dueling arena Primus

Kasha quickly shook the images away not allowing them to get to her as she looked down noting the first step was a bit of a dozy. She took a deep breath and leaped down. She felt the wind rush around her as she used the Force to soften her landing. Just as she landed on the ground she burst forward towards where the Sith Lord who was busy engaging the Yuuzhan Vong. That was interesting, it appears the Yuuzhan Vong was more interested in attempting to destroy both. She wondered if the Sith Lord had noted the same thing. She activated her lightsaber as an aqua blue blade appeared with a snap hiss.

By the time she reached the sith lord, the Yuuzhan Vong had decided to engage Tim. She sensed an enormous amount of energy surrounding Dreadwar as she prepared to intercept the Force lightning she knew was coming. She reached out her hand with her hilt blade fully extended as the Force lightning hit her blade. She stretched out with the Force as she quickly disbursed the energy blast as she felt a bit of a tingle in her hand but not enough to damage her skin. Anyone within a hundred foot radius most likely sensed her strength by that one act alone, her Force sense shone brightly and she had to keep her strength hidden most of the time. She glared at the sith lord. "That's not very nice. If it hadn't escaped your notice, the Yuuzhan Vong seems more interested into taking both of you out instead of joining you."

Kasha took a few steps back keeping the Yuuzhan Vong and the Sith Lord in her sight as she kept her senses wide open for any sudden movement from either keeping her lightsaber up in a defensive position continuing to back up to give space between her and the other two sparring. It would also give her a change to deflect any sudden blows from the Sith Lord.

Darth Dreadwar, Darth_Elu, Tim Battershell

23. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Apologies for the slow reply.

Darth Ghor IC:
    ~Dueling Arena Primus~

Ghor promptly righted himself as Tim had calmly maneuvered backwards, away from where he had been previously. It, as intended, rendered the Vong's attack ineffectual and nearly foolish looking by itself. Blade no longer held Djem So and in his right hand, he sent another glare the Jedi's way. If slightly more respectful.

Typical Jeedai evasion, but he has speed at the least. Good. This won't be over too fast then.

And then of course came the warning through the Force as he glanced over sharply to where Dreadwar fired off a deadly, green Force Storm right at them. He began to brace, but then instantly relaxed as the second Jedi finally revealed herself. A confirmation of a third opponent. Ghor wasn't entirely sure if he was excited or annoyed at that fact, but he figured he'd solve that later as the battle dragged on.

Impressively, the woman managed to block and dispersed the energy of the lethal storm. Ghor had felt its power and knew that was not something easily done. Rather than frowning, he let himself adopt a brief thoughtful expression.

"That's not very nice. If it hadn't escaped your notice, the Yuuzhan Vong seems more interested into taking both of you out instead of joining you."

Darth Ghor thought about replying then decided against it, there was no reason to. The statement was true and really didn't need any further expounding upon, it was rather obvious in his mind. But now he was left trying to untangle the mess that was another Sith and two enemy Jedi.

Simplifying the equation slightly (and probably temporarily) was the fact that this new Jedi seemed a bit more focused on Dreadwar. It was also likely that the other Sith would now turn his attention on her as well, at least at first. He could use that to continue his assault on Tim. Or not.

In the end, he didn't think overlong upon the matter. It was best to keep up a fairly quick tempo and see if they could keep up. If so, then maybe he'd change tactics. Until then however...

With a sudden, quick swipe of his left hand, he willed the Force to blast Tim from his side; attempting to throw him against his fellow Jedi and tangle them up in a surprise move.

Tag: Tim, Kasha, & Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar and Falcon like this.
  24. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011

Feeling the Jedi's pain through the Force, Anthonard released her and let her breath. After a moment, he summond the Dark Side closer around him and knelt down. "What were you doing here, Jedi?"

TAG Padawan4687 Ananta Chetan

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Duelling Arena, Primus

Well, that was an eye-opener and a half! Not that the so-called Emperor had let loose with a severe volley of vivid green whatever - Lightning? Force Storm? - at himself and the Vong-Sith; nor that his former Master had intervened. No, eye-opener-one was that she had, apparently effortlessly, blocked and dispersed the discharge, while eye-opener-two was that she now appeared as a shining beacon of light in his Force-perception. He'd known she was powerful from the start of their relationship, but not that powerful!

The so-called Emperor still, Tim noted, hadn't drawn blade. Curious! Did he even have one to draw? If he didn't, was it proper to go after him with one - even one with a non-lethal setting on it? In any case, his Master seemed quite capable of keeping that being in-check; which made it his task to keep the Vong-Sith similarly pinned.

Trigger-move! The Vong-Sith seemed to be launching some kind of Force PUSH!

In his pre-Padawan days, while taking his roundabout voyage to train at the Temple, he'd realised that he couldn't go Force Power against Force Power with any hope of a successful outcome until he'd been properly trained; so he'd come up with a counter-move of his own, and practiced it until it became a reflex action. That conditioned reflex had just been triggered. The conditioned reflex that launched the one acrobatic move in his combat repertoire!

Diving forward and to the left, Force-enhancing for SPEED and Length as he did so, Tim landed on his bent left arm and used it as a pivot-point to shoulder-roll past and behind his opponent, ending up, as the side-on Force Push assisted the turning motion, with the opponent about two sword-lengths to his front. A very safe move against opponents who used a normal double-handed grip, since that grip restricted sideways reach, it was also effective against taller individuals using a one-handed grip, due to the angles involved. In this particular case, Tim had erred on the side of caution and had taken the dive wider than normal, well outside extreme one-handed sword range to his opponent's nearest leg, just in case.

"What will it be, when you figure out where I've gone to?", he thought to himself as he came back into a fully-balanced 'Guard' position, "Way of the Butcher, or something rather more clever and refined?".

Darth_Elu, Darth Dreadwar and Falcon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.