main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars RPF Lightsaber Combat thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarthKakarot, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    OOC: Apologies for the delay; my Internet has been spotty.

IC: Darth Dreadwar
    Dueling Arena Primus

Darth Dreadwar had no true eyes to squint, but felt like his vision within the Force was approximating such a gesture, as his own power, pouring from his gauntleted hand, blinded his senses. He willed the storm to wane, beginning to relax the dark power he channeled through his hand, reasoning he had given it sufficient time such that Ghor and Battershell would have been turned to ashes by now.

Wait. There was something wrong. The writhing lightning was surging wildly, flickering, its embers dying far quicker than he was willing... Worse still, the vast conflagration of power was impossibly warping, a thousand forks of lightning all bending into the one fork that the merest pathetic acolyte might conjure! A single fork capable of being blocked by... a lightsaber? And there it was. An outpouring of light, a fountain of energy that stank of the putrid power of a Jedi. If he had eyes, they would have shot open into saucers at that moment. Impossible! Never had he witnessed such in all the lore of Jedi and Sith!

The green Force storm feebly sputtered away into nothingness before the power of Sherland, leaving the Dark Lord to stand there dumbly, Ghor's attempt to make contact with Battershell barely registering in his mind's eye. See, sometimes, you could do all your rational best to not be a holofilm supervillain, to instantly incinerate the enemy with maximal efficiency, and it could all go wrong as your opponent unleashed some unknown technique that completely negated both your power and your confidence in your knowledge of Force powers.

But it was not in Dreadwar's nature to balk at his will being frustrated. So this Jedi is more formidable than I had first realised... Excellent!

He laughed aloud, a shuddering wail of a thing full of pellucid mockery, as delight bubbled up from within the darkest crevices of his heart, reveling in the opportunity to alleviate his boredom at last. Obviously Ghor, and the Jedi pup, could be dealt with later. He would first crush the Jedi Master foolish enough to face him... although he would certainly take his time with it. No sense in letting my sport end too quickly, now that it has been established this little altercation just might last long enough to provide me with sport!

"Impressive, child," Dreadwar hissed. "Most impressive." He beckoned with his finger. "Come hither. Attack me! Let us match the power of your little glow-stick with the true might of Sith wizardry, shall we?"

Tim Battershell Darth_Elu Falcon

2. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    IC: Naledi Xiong

Naledi could just imagine the skin on her stomach beginning to bruise before she was finally released again. She forced both arms forward and away the moment she could move them, and shifted to lie on her side. Everything hurt...and she could barely let the pain flow through the Force. This accursed collar...

She visibly winced as the Sith drew nearer, alongside his darkening haze of power. Her light flickered on like an ember within her chest, about to be swallowed by smoke.

“I…” she softly coughed, finding some more strength to bolster her voice, “I was sent here…to explore. Document fauna. If I knew that… Sith scum like you had made a home here… I’d never have come.” Lilac hair pooled around Naledi’s shoulders as she lowered her head again. She thought she’d heard a voice, shouting somewhere in the hallway…it was too faint for her to understand his words. Probably just another guard…

TAG: Jedi Master Kenobiwan, Ananta Chetan

IC: Padawan Robyn Shaire / Knight Nalana Tirabek

From beneath the table, Robyn watched it shake from Dreadwar’s weight as he heavily landed on it, and couldn’t help herself from laughing as he rolled back down to the ground. Said laughter became a loud gasp as he continued his roll until they were next to each other. She openly stared, fighting yet another burst of laughter as he began to rise into a crouch, taking the whole table with his head! She probably could have searched the “battlefield” for another pillow then, but the table finally tipped over with a crash, stealing her attention and jolting the “sleeping” Knight.

Who could sleep with all this noise?! she wondered, staring up at Dreadwar as he held a pillow high over his head. “No!” she shouted out, looking quickly now for another weapon. “Please, have mercy!” She attempted a backwards crawl, hoping her hands would hit fluff again. Finally, Robyn lifted both arms to protect her head, gasping out, “Master, I’m sorry… I’ve failed!”

In that instant, the Master in question finally dropped her cover by turning around as she lay on the couch. Nalana could finally see Robyn, on the ground with her hands over her head with the Sith looming above her. What is that in his hand?! she couldn’t quite tell, a fallen table leg blocked it from view. It hardly mattered then, because she extended a hand and through the Force, pulled the “weapon” out from his grip.

…a sofa cushion? was her very first thought at the softness. Robyn was being attacked by a…pillow? … Did I just…what the….what the hell have I woken up to?

"Master...!" Robyn's surprised expression quickly changed into a relieved smile, hastily rolling over before hurrying back to the couch. "Thank goodness, you're awake...!" A pair of wiry arms went around her shoulders, but Nalana was barely able to respond with her own while she tried to figure out where she now was.

TAG: Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  3. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    IC: Anthonard Grey
    Underground Base Detention Center

It was a delight to see the Jedi suffer, Anthonard smirked inside himself. She's getting weaker, goooooood. As he knelt there, the Jedi started to tell her story.

“I…”

“I was sent here…to explore. Document fauna. If I knew that… Sith scum like you had made a home here… I’d never have come.”

"Sith scum you said, Jedi?" He smiled a mischievous smile and did the force choking gesture again. "I'm much worse than that. I'm gonna be the death of you, JEDI!" Then he used his left hand and shot lightning towards her.

TAG Padawan4687 Ananta Chetan

Jedi Knight Fett and Padawan4687 like this.
  4. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010

Just breathe... Naledi gritted her teeth as she lay on the ground, unable to get up to her knees thanks to the bindings. She could lift her head at least, and she did to glare the Sith in the eye as she snapped, "Yes, I did!" It was such a small world, presumed to be uninhabited, so the Council presumed a lone Knight would be enough...after all, it was only to explore.

He's smirking again...why is he-- Naledi halted her own thoughts with a loud cough. An invisible hand wrapped itself around her throat, and she gasped for breath. No...! She heard an electric sizzle just in front of her, and her attempts at restraining her pain were shattered. The air that was left in her lungs was quickly emptied amid her agonized screams and her voice abruptly went silent. Her shattered focus stuck to the growing pain in her chest, she couldn't breathe!

I won't bow...! Naledi shut her eyes in a final, desperate attempt to find air. You won't...b-break...me...! The darkness behind her eyes was beginning to call her, and she welcomed it with open arms. Her head began to droop over a shoulder, and her limbs went limp as she started to fade away.

That voice...could it have been...a Jedi? she thought, unable to feel even pain anymore. Please...help me... The last of her strength dwindled with her attempted mental plea, and she blacked out completely.

TAG: Ananta Chetan, Jedi Master Kenobiwan

5. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    IC: Kasha Sherland
    Dueling Arena, Primus

Kasha raised an eyebrow as she felt disbelief rush through her. A Sith lord who would rather be attacked first then make the first move? She would call him a gentleman, but he was reeking of the dark side. No one this dark was considered anything but a gentleman. She waited in an on guard stance as she waited for him to make the first move. Maybe a little provoking was needed in his case. "Your sure you didn't used to be a Jedi? I would consider you a gentleman for letting me go first. Most gentlemen's I know don't reek of the dark side on the other hand. You're anything but," she smirked with the sarcastic comment and decided to jab him a bit more. "You must've mistaken me for someone who attacks first. I don't attack elders and have better things to do with my time then go on some wild goose chase for power. If you want, we could gang up on the Yuuzhan Vong instead, it appears you are not too interested in him but destroying him."

Darth Dreadwar, Darth_Elu, Tim Battershell,

OOC: Been waiting a long time to bring out the sarastic side of Kasha :D

Darth_Elu and Tim Battershell like this.
  6. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    IC: Ananta Chetan
    Tukjopr Underground

A bolt of acute darkness and pain rippled through the Force magnetically drawing him towards a guarded cell. The force-field had been deactivated and two troopers stood outside mesmerized by watching what was going on within. Pressing the button on his comlink to alert his astromech to immediately get off-world and contact the Council for help, Ananta then saw shadows of bright flashing spidery blue light on the walls as he ran closer and heard the diminishing faint scream of the origin. no doubt, of the initial distress signal.

Taking advantage of the distracted Troopers, Ananta momentarily deactivated his saber and Force-pulled both of their blaster rifles from their relaxed hands. Tucking the rifles momentarily under one arm, he then came face to face with a dark being looming over a fallen sentient, a Jedi he could feel, and shooting dark power from his finger-tips. In the same instant upon seeing the figure he Force-pushed both Troopers into the side of the dark one. He then reactivated his own blade and tossed both blasters on the floor near the unconscious Jedi.

Taking a protective stance and facing the Sith he then called out to her lying on the cell floor, hoping she still had enough vital energy to help in her own escape. Get up...get up...he whispered...you can do it...you are not alone...we have come for you.

OOC: I will leave it to you both decide if anyone hears and/ or responds to the droid heading back to the Temple if you want to include your main characters in this adventure. Also, I know I took the liberty to do quite a lot in this one post, but thought it might help to speed things along a bit. ;)

TAG Padawan4687 Jedi Master Kenobiwan

7. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    IC: Darth Cruor

Time seemed to slow for the ancient Battlelord as he gave his entire being over to the Dark Side of the Force, through it he would become a vessel of destruction. The living embodiment of death, the reaper of sorrows. Such is his only purpose.

The former Jedi moved in quickly seeming to strike at Cruor's shoulder, but he barely committed to it before revealing his true intentions. Darth Haretisch stepped in and spun to take a cut at the Gen'Dai's knees. It took nothing for Darth Cruor to block this as his lightsabers were on and by his sides already, he simply planted the blade in the rock and let the blades collide. Sparks erupted between the two Sith Lords, and the crackling hiss of the connected blades filled the room.

"Your blade work has not improved I see." Cruor mocked.

With his free hand the expert sword-master flicked his yet unencumbered second blade upward towards the extended sword wielding arm of his opponent, if he didn't move fast he would soon find himself at a distinct disadvantage. As the blade quickly moved towards it's target Darth Haretisch could hear the mocking and nightmarish laughter of the ancient Sith'ari.

Tag: Wanderguard

Shadow_sith11 and Darth Dreadwar like this.
  8. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Apologies. Between energy drain from work and busy schedules I wasn't able to post till now. *bows*

Darth Ghor IC:
    ~Dueling Arena Primus~

It was not in his nature to allow Jedi to impress him and he did his best not to let it start now. Above all, despite the great defense in the Force by the Jedi master, Ghor was still in battle and needed to stay focused. That helped him not to gawk at the ridiculousness that was just witnessed moments earlier. And now this other Jedi that he was engaged against predicted his attack just ahead of time, yet still used its momentum to blow by him in a rapid side roll that had him end up behind him. A extremely effective, and difficult to execute, maneuver for even some experienced Force Users.

"Way of the Butcher, or something rather more clever and refined?"

Yet, as Battershell talked, Ghor was already reacting. An immediate and quick backwards flip, flying high into the air before making his spin in the air and coming down with blade in both hands! Ah, but wait. Did he not do this same trick before? It was time to start trying to use his opponent's personality and revealed strategy against them. Or discover further. Slowly weaken their will, dominate their skill, break their body...

As he reached the apex of his aerial arc and began to descend down, he didn't simply hope to land on the Jedi this time. Evasion was his thing. Make his opponents overextend themselves with minimal energy. Ghor knew of the tactic and respected it. But he would crush it all the same. As the Jedi moved, one way or another, he had one hand still free.

And used it to violently grasp Tim like an invisible gauntleted hand, plucking him from the earth and retracting him straight toward Ghor as he still raced downward, never letting go the whole while to make sure there was no evasion. From there, as they passed by each other like fellow birds on the wing….slice!

There was now one less light in the galaxy.

…At least, this was the plan in his mind. Would his tactic work as he grasped at Tim with the Force, catching him off guard? Or not? He would find out without fail.

Tag: Tim, Kasha, Dreadwar

OOC: Did I scare you into thinking there was a moment of God-Moding? Gotcha! :p

9. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Tim Battershell
    Duelling Arena, Primus

Given the Vong-Sith's acrobatic habit, Tim wasn't surprised by the high twisting back-flip. He just spun about, keeping in balance, to face his opponent. The attempt at a Force PULL did surprise him a bit, though he thought he had a ready counter.

His Master, just before she became his Master, had used a certain technique to subdue a barvy Jedi, now known to have been under the influence of a Rakatan mechanism. Using that technique had drained her to the level of helplessness; but then she had had a real night of it the night before battling Rakata and safely controlling the direction add dispersion of a massive release of Dark-side energy, to name but two occurences.

All during this time he had been quietly and steadily accumulating his own store of Force-energy, and the expenditure on two brief Force-assisted moves had hardly dented it. Indeed it was almost immediately made up each time. Now, he judged, was the time to use some of it.

Attempting to cap the expenditure at about one third of the total, he visualised a spear of incandescent Light-side energy shooting from his eyes full into the Vong-Sith's face. While he prepared to parry, using all his thirty years of experience, and muscle memory, of dancing behind a blade.

Darth_Elu, Darth Dreadwar, Falcon.

OOC; Just for an instant! :p

Darth_Elu, Falcon and Darth Dreadwar like this.
  10. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    OOC: had used a certain technique to subdue a barvy Jedi, now known to have been under the influence of a Rakatan mechanism

I almost forgot about that [face_tee_hee] thanks for the reminder padawan :p that so called Barvy Jedi gave me room to really flex my skills in the rpg. That was a load of fun :D not quite so much for him considering I threw him right into the slammer after I caught him [face_mischief]

11. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Aboard the Dead Metal

Dreadwar roared in a jocular simulacrum of imminent murderous victory, as he brought the pillow down towards Robyn's head... before the 'weapon' was flung from his grasp, following the same trajectory of his Padawan victim as she rolled away, towards...

Ah.

So carried away in his mock match of feather and fluff had been the Dark Lord, that he had missed the return to consciousness of the Jedi Knight. Now, as Tirabek dropped her attempts to mask her presence, he felt the outpouring of light, muted in confusion as the pink pillow found its way to smack into Nalana's hand.

Dreadwar turned to face the two as Robyn enveloped her Master in a hug, peering through the eyes of the Force at the latter's aura, noting that the healing had been entirely successful. To accomplish such a feat, aided by Dreadwar's power infused in the ancient Talisman, signified just how far Robyn had come in the mere hour since she had begun to tentatively grasp at the unrestrained Force.

The Emperor crossed his powerful arms across his armoured chest, his eyebrows crooked in an expression of mild amusement, betraying no embarrassment at having been caught engaging in something so childish as a pillow fight with a sworn enemy of the Sith. "Welcome back to the land of the living and whole, Master Tirabek," Dreadwar said. "And welcome aboard my ship. I see the sorcery of Sith healing has done you well. How are you feeling?"

TAG: Padawan4687

Dueling Arena Primus

The Dread Lord stood icily still as he regarded the Jedi Master before him. If it were possible, amusement suffused his hissing reply, as the wraith whispered into her mind and the minds of those just beginning their deadly dance nearby.

"I was once a Jedi. I was once a bounty hunter, a farmer, a petty thief, a family man. One does not live as long as I, without experiencing all the possible lives the galaxy has to offer." For once, Dreadwar spoke truthfully. That which he had undertaken in his eternal quest to become the most experienced and expansive consciousness possible was irrelevant. Now, he was Emperor. Now, he was Sith.

Frustrating that the Jedi refused to attack. He had prepared an adequate greeting. Amusing, as well. Just what genius Sith forebear had convinced the Jedi that to attack somehow meant to give in to one's anger, and thus fall into the Sith's lap? Ever since whatever unknown genius it had been, it seemed Jedi the galaxy over refused to attack their Sith enemies first, because to do so would be to 'make themselves more the Sith's servants.' Dreadwar preferred to react, than to precipitate. But he would oblige his foe.

He inclined his empty cowl towards Sherland. "Very well," he hissed. "May your life be short. But I am a merciful Lord; let your death last shorter." A lightsaber fell from a voluminous sleeve to smack loudly against his gauntlet. He raised it, inactive, as if to begin the Makashi salute.

Instead, he threw it down at Sherland's feet. The taunt was obvious. I do not need a lightsaber to destroy you.

Of course, the intent was not a taunt alone; in truth, Dreadwar was more likely to impale himself on his own weapon than mount any kind of successful attack with it - or defense. But he did not leave any time for a retort; the same hand snapped towards the Jedi Master, and blasted forth the most powerful lightning he could conjure. Directed this time not in a vast Force Storm, but in a single bolt that even a stray fork of which would be deadly, he hoped it would require all of Sherland's concentration to deflect it this time. He hoped such, because his other hand simultaneously directed his powers towards the rocks and boulders that littered the edge of the arena, raising them into the air, and hurling them at great speed towards the Jedi Master.

Thus Dreadwar killed the Jedi Master....

Killed her potential for movement, that is, because Dreadwar swiftly learned why even Lords as powerful as Sidious rarely attempted an attack of Force lightning and telekinesis simultaneously. To bend one's mind into the shape to conjure lightning, while holding the cleft and warp required for telekinesis, was rather very difficult, and so Dreadwar's aim was horribly off. The vast majority of the boulders missed, falling short, or falling too far or to the sides of the Jedi Master. Fortunately, the ring-shaped barricade the piled rocks formed should prevent her from leaping or moving out of his line of electrical fire, forcing her to meet the attack, willpower to willpower. I shall pretend this was my plan all along, his surface thoughts began to leak out of his weakening mental shields.

In the gap in the surrounding piles, one lone boulder happened to hit the steam of lightning he had just blasted towards her. Like a pebble falling into a rapid, it shot forward at great speed, advancing at the forefront of the lightning bolt like a mineral harbinger of electricity.

It would surely take great effort for her to deflect both boulder and lightsaber. If Sherland had the power not only to deflect the projectile, and the lightning, and telepathically read Dreadwar's mind as his outermost mental shields slackened as he split his concentration, she might pick up the worried surface thought: If she is powerful enough to simultaneously deflect telekinesis and lightning, I just might have to consider fleeing.

Not because Dreadwar doubted his ability to dispatch her, but because even a 1% chance of defeat was too much for the Dark Lord, whose immortality he was ever paranoid about.

TAG: Falcon, Tim Battershell, Darth_Elu

OOC: I can do Godmode gotchas too. :p [face_laugh]

12. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    Underground Tukjopr Base

It was... almost nice to feel nothing, compared to the agonizing blasts of lightning from moments before. Or, was it minutes now? Naledi didn't know how long she had retreated into her own mindscape, until some sort of commotion tried to call her attention back upwards.

She refused to look, but from within, Naledi grasped herself nervously. What if he was still on her, and instead of simply "retreating" she would actually die through asphyxiation? What a great thought... she drily commented to herself, This is an embarrassment, I can't even handle a kriffing exploration mission by myself... how did I ever manage to pass my--

Get up...

Naledi whipped around in her mindscape, wondering if she really heard a voice. Who's there?! ...is anyone there?

...Get up...you can do it...

She finally noticed that it was a male voice speaking, but a far cry from that of the Sith. Far quieter, and... anxious, almost desperate. "Get up"? She would be blocked off from the Force again, practically blinded by pain, as well as a potentially crushed lung! This is the first, and probably only, time I think I'd rather just lay here...

...You are not alone...we have come for you.

"We"? Naledi dropped her head down in relief, realizing it was another Jedi calling out to her. But... how much use would she be, in whatever state the Sith left her in? "I don't think I can be of much assistance, Master Jedi..." she attempted to send back, knowing that her collar would likely block it. "But, I'll try..." With a heavy sigh, she finally looked upward, to the light above.

Pain forced it's way back into Naledi's limp arms and legs, and she opened her eyes with a quiet cough. Her throat ached... she didn't try to speak. Air rushed in to fill her thankfully uncrushed lungs, which meant the Sith's attention was off of her. Or he left in disappointment... She weakly lifted her head an inch, to realize it was neither. A completely different person was above her, standing like a guard... she could only see his brown cloak.

Two things rested on the ground close to her hands, and after some effort, Naledi moved her arms close enough to grasp what felt like the handle of a blaster rifle. Right...no lightsabers to be had. She briefly entertained the thought of firing a single laser blast into this Sith's cocky little brain, and found enough strength to push herself up to her knees. Leaning heavily against the wall, she hefted the rifle up to her chest. Her aim was shaky...but she managed to fire to the side of her Jedi rescuer, toward her captor.

TAG: Jedi Master Kenobiwan, Ananta Chetan

OOC: Gosh Ananta, thanks for giving me a mini mountain to reply to! :p

13. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    IC: Kasha Sherland

Kasha looked as the dark lord answered her questions. Quite an impressive life so far, then he took out a lightsaber and flung at her feet. More Force lightning it is.

Kasha used her lightsaber to block the lightning that shot from his fingers but she knew she had to figure out a way to make him stop. During that time he directed part of his attack to piling boulders around her. She knew this was not an easy feet and she sensed his mind shields begin to falter as she started picking up on stray thoughts. One in particular caught her attention.

If she is powerful enough to simultaneously deflect telekinesis and lightning, I just might have to consider fleeing.

She smirked as she remembered her time in the caves, she learned how to deflect lightning back into the cave along with debris. This should prove interesting as she noticed a stray boulder got caught in the lightning.

Kasha diverted some her attention as she deflected the boulder that raced towards her and pushed it back at the Sith Lord. Her aim was a bit off as it lightly brushed against his arm. She levitated a large boulder that landed beside her and pushed it into the lightning storm using it to deflect the lightning as she pushed it towards Dreadwar, Will you flee now or continue this little charade?

Kasha, she heard a voice whisper. Let me direct you.

Anna? She thought with a frown as she recognized the voice belonging to her husband’s sister. Anna was not nearly fortunate enough to escape the first Sith attack on Ossus.

Let go, Kasha.

Kasha closed her eyes as something happened that never happened before. She heard of Jedi being able to shoot light side Force lightning but she thought it was only a myth. That wasn’t true anymore as lightning shot from her fingertips rushing towards Dreadwar. She shocked herself, I didn’t think I was capable of this.

Darth Dreadwar, Darth_Elu, Tim Battershell

Darth_Elu and Tim Battershell like this.
  14. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    IC: Padawan Robyn Shaire/ Knight Nalana Tirabek

Nalana's mind whirled for a few moments behind her guarded expression. The room was flooded with chaotic blue light, suggesting that not only was she on board a Sith's ship, alive and apparently, not a prisoner, it was also in hyperspace. Sith healing? Force, how long was she actually entranced for?

I'm... I'm sorry...

She took a slow breath, bringing her gaze down to Robyn again. The girl's smile was gone, and Nalana caught traces of shame through their Bond. Nevermind that right now. We can discuss it later

"I feel...fine," Nalana responded then, and let her arms tighten a bit around Robyn. "Though, I would very much like to know why I'm here." That, and where he intends on bringing us...and why a Sith of all people would want to heal me...and how I managed to interrupt what appeared to be a playfight, with pillows, between my Padawan and a Sith Lord! Robyn's face suddenly grew hot against Nalana's sleeve, and she knew that last string of her thoughts must have been quietly picked up.

Uhhhm...I, ah...

Nalana probably would have been amused at her embarrassment in almost any other situation.

TAG: Darth Dreadwar

Darth_Elu and Darth Dreadwar like this.
  15. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Darth Ghor IC:
    ~Dueling Arena Primus~

Ghor plummeted down through the air towards Tim, his opponent. And the Jedi did not rise up to meet him as was attempted. The Vong's eyes both widened then immediately narrowed at this. How did the Jedi not move? It was dispelled. Too fast and too easily. Something was up. And he didn't like that one bit.

Nor did he like the light blast straight to his face. Did that come from the Jeedai's face as well?
    Strange abilities, but at least that one made it interesting. Angling his blade, he barely managed to block the incoming technique and while it took a second; was able to deflect it in another direction to aimlessly strike against some stones.

He growled a bit in frustration and as soon as he hit the ground after dodging a telekinetically moved boulder in mid-fall, he was angling his blade in a fluid stab from his momentum. At this point, he figured a counter or evasion of some sort was going to be upon him. So he stretched out with his foresight and immediately maneuvered his blade in a fluid, rolling gesture to where he anticipated the Jedi to be next.

"You are not bad, Jeedai," he grunted in allowance.

As for the other battle happening next to them…well, it worked to his advantage he supposed. They could destroy each other. Also their reserves of Force energy would be massively depleted by the end, no matter the victor. That worked well for him, so long as he could figure out the one he was engaged against currently!

He was hoping to actually clash blades for a change soon. Then he could truly prove himself.

Tag: Battershell

16. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Tim Battershell
    Duelling Arena, Primus

The 'Spear of Light' only slightly distracted the Vong-Sith and didn't actually strike home, but a distraction was a distraction none the less. A moral victory, of sorts?

Tim watched as the Vong-Sith waved his blade about, seemingly attempting to predict Tim's next move. Probably effective if Tim was intending to attack, but wasted on someone trained to respond only from a defensive posture.

Instead, Tim stepped back, to the very limit of two-handed Lightsaber range and began to circle his opponent. He'd noticed the overshooting flying boulder and had no wish for similar examples to blindside him. On the other hand, working the Vong-Sith into the position of having to pay attention to 'incoming' from his rear would do very nicely! From Tim's point of view, there was no rush, no rush at all. Almost certainly no need to call on Dirk, either.

Darth_Elu, Darth Dreadwar, Falcon.

Ananta Chetan and Falcon like this.
  17. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Dueling Arena Primus

Long, long ago, there lived a Jedi exile by name of Meetra Surik. In her travels across the galaxy as she fought some of Dreadwar's one-time compatriots, she had accrued quite a following. Two of their number had given her priceless advice; the former Sith assassin, Atton Rand, had taught her how to recite thoughts over and over again so that telepathy would be fooled regardless of mental barriers. The Dark Lord Revan's personal droid, HK-47, had taught her how to fool Jedi precognition and danger sense in like manner.

Dreadwar's outer mental shields evaporated as the boulder was reflected back at him. He repeated the thoughts in his head, of weakness, of desperation, and fear, and then saw fit to drop the charade.

The Sith Emperor had always taken a dim view of Sith deception. No, not out of moral principle, of course not; his fellow Sith disappointed him with how naive and simple their deceptions were. To truly deceive, one must embody the role they play, to become it so completely that all signs pointed in the direction he wanted them. Wheels within wheels, layers within layers. So had Dreadwar done, in feigning focus upon Darth Ghor. Yes, the Yuuzhan Vong was a rival, who would bend the knee or lose his life. But hardly his primary objective. He had come to the arena with an intent burning in his mind, outshining all others; to destroy the powerful Jedi Councillor, Master Sherland.

The wraith peered over the lightning storm streaming from his hand, to take stock of the situation he had crafted.

Sherland, standing, barricaded by piles of boulders on three sides.

Sherland, standing, deflecting Dreadwar's most lethal efforts of Force lightning, which he continued to pour into the gap. He had anticipated her use of the lightsaber, but not blocking it with a boulder thereafter... Even better. If her concentration is split any further, and her boulder dropped, she will be turned to ashes.

Sherland, standing, flinging her own bolts of lightning back at him that Dreadwar raised his left hand to block. A conduit. How beautiful. Yet another drain on her power.

Sherland, standing, trapped, having done nothing about Dreadwar's weapon that lay at her feet. There is nothing she can do. May she find rest in the Force.

And the Class-A, N-20 Baradium-core thermal detonator within the faux lightsaber hilt exploded.

TAG: Falcon, Tim Battershell, Darth_Elu

OOC: I don't think there's any non-godmode way out of this! Sorry! [face_blush] I feel quite guilty; Dreadwar is a tricky ****.

If I may explain my reasoning here: the barricade prevents her from leaping, dodging, using Speed etc. But worse, the lightning pins her, so that if impossibly the explosive can be survived, the bolts kill her on the spot. Worse, if the bolts couldn't, the explosion causes the boulders to crush her.

As a 'historical' footnote, this move is inspired by @Sinrebirth's infamous duel here years ago. He used telekinesis to entrap his opponent with vines, distracted him by dropping a tree, and then his lightsaber hilt grenade blew him up.

18. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    OOC:.,....................

19. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    OOC: Godmoding would be if he put your character's death *in* his post. He didn't. He simply put you in a position where you could do nothing but die. Be a good sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    OOC: I think instead of, "where you could do nothing but die," I'd rather read it as, "where you have an opportunity to cheat death if you can find a way."

21. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    OOC: That's a great way to look at it. Either way though, if you choose to duel, you take the risk of the result not being to your liking.

Darth Dreadwar and Darth_Elu like this.
  22. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: In the end, it is up to Falcon whether to concede in her last post or to demonstrate an incredibly clever way out of the situation she is in. ;)

I shall post a reply soon, Tim. No worries.

Darth Dreadwar and Falcon like this.
  23. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    OOC: I spent a lot of time and effort creating Kasha, and I will not just allow someone else to take her out easily. I have something in mind.

24. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: I understand where you're coming from, but if you take a look at the first post. No, there are no such rules. Indeed, you could say there aren't any rules at all. It is up to the scenario you pledge yourself into. In this case, Persevus described bones of old warriors in the arena…thus hinting at a life or death struggle here. It is the Lightsaber Combat Thread, not Practice.

At the least however, is that this isn't a "true" RPG. What happens here, stays here. There are no ill effects, thus no reason to be truly put off. When you win, huzzah! When you lose, shrug and shake the victor's hand OOC. Its happened to all of us. lol!

25. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    OOC: There does seem to be an odd perception that losing a duel in a lightsaber duel thread means you lose your character. It doesn't. No one is going to tell you that you can't still play your same character if they die in a completely story-less setting. Continuity isn't exactly a concern here.

Darth_Elu and Darth Dreadwar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.