main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars RPF Lightsaber Combat thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarthKakarot, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
  2. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    IC: Darth Dreadwar

For a being who dwelled in the realm of spirit, the dancing of thoughts over the periphery of another's mind were all too easily sensed, particularly for one so initiated in the mental
    arts as Darth Dreadwar. Vapid thoughts that well matched the Triumvir's name, but amusing nonetheless.

The facsimile of a human countenance twisted further in a darker smile.

"Stakes? Perhaps your paramour..." He intimated cruelly, hoping to provoke. "Against my... well, that's a question, isn't it? What of mine do you desire, Lord Herald?"

Tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you. Dreadwar did not bother to guard that thought.

TAG: Sinrebirth

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

3. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    IC: Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos deflected the strike Soccmel made. Kronos did a 180 spin and swung his lightsaber at his head. Fortunately, for him, his reflects were quick enough to duck, and get out of the way. Kronos aimed an upwards strike at Kralkus, which he blocked. They were now in a saber lock. Kronos used all of his strength to push Soccmel to the ground, and finish the fight. His efforts were rendered useless, as Soccmel simply did what Kronos did: and he Force Pushed Kronos out of the way.

He has persistence, I'll give him that...

panta1978 Lady Belligerent

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  4. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
  5. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    OOC: This is... a very strange bet! [face_laugh] What would Ike himself have to say about this?

6. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    OOC: Irrelevant, Padawan4687. Irrelevant what Ike would say. :p

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
  8. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010

Well, those were interesting stakes. Too interesting, Dreadwar thought, for the outcome of a sparring match between apprentices.

"You may have my crown, Lord Insipid," he smiled calmly, a hand lowering to his fellow Triumvir's shoulder in a gesture that was a little too genial, "when I am ascended unto the Force, of course, as a god... beyond the need for mortal title."

"But I should think Ike is not of equal value to you as my power is to me, for what true Sith could love anything or anyone more than power? So no, for my title, I would accept nothing less than my love, and more of it."

TAG: Sinrebirth Lady Belligerent Mikaboshi

9. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Darth Insipid

He paid no heed to the affectation involving his shoulder. Because it was just that. As time passed, he understood much of Emperor Dreadwar.

'Apparently you value a title more than you value power.' More musing. 'You asked me for what I value most; and I asked you for what you value most.'

'Your love I will have, regardless of your intent. Love cannot be granted, and you do me a disservice to suggest as much. All you can grant me is the affectations associated with love, or you can grant me affectations alone.'

Insipid pursed his lips. His popcorn tasted more sour than sweet, now. He exerted himself, and the snack burst into a brief burst of flame, burning embers floating for a time in a haze of smoke, reflecting orange in his golden eyes, causing them to flash, and then the moment was dispelled.

'Let us focus upon the duel.'

TAG: Darth Kronos panta1978 Mikaboshi Lady Belligerent Darth Dreadwar[/b]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010

"You misapprehend me, I think. The love to which I refer, is power. And that is which I value most, beyond any title," he smiled wider at the display of burning popcorn, the hastily formed illusion of human nostrils flaring to soak in the incense of a snack scorched.

"But let us focus, indeed." At last, Soccmel and Kronos were drawing upon the Force to do battle, and the dark side answered their call. Crude exertions of telekinesis, but exertions nonetheless, and Darth Dreadwar had little doubt he would be sufficiently amused, before the end.

TAG: Sinrebirth panta1978 Darth Kronos

11. panta1978

panta1978 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 20, 2016
    IC: Darth Soccmel

"Of course I am persistent". Darth Soccmel thought, as though he was somehow able to surmise what was crossing Kronos' mind. Not that he has great knowledge of such tricks - after all he's still an apprentice, and at his best can read the weak minds of those who don't know the ways of the Force - but so overtly were his opponent's feelings revealed that no special abilities were required to figure it out.

"I'm not used to giving up so easily", Soccmel murmured. Then, after a brief pause he went on: "Can you hear me Kronos?" - This time his voice was louder - "I will not give up" - Almost yelling. Ready to restart the fight, Soccmel jumped again towards the other apprentice, wielding the lightsaber with both hands and swinging it quickly in an attempt to spot a weak point in Kronos' defensive position. With quick and precise blows Soccmel tried to hit him, but quite easily all his attempts were blocked by the lightsaber of his opponent.

"Jeez! He's a tough one!" - Darth Soccmel realised.

TAG: Darth Kronos Mikaboshi Lady Belligerent Darth Dreadwar Sinrebirth

12. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    IC: Ananta Chetan
    Tukjopr Underground

After relocating their Sith prisoner to a more secure location which appeared to be a modestly stocked food storeroom, Naledi and Ananta toured the remaining yet unexplored portions of the underground stronghold. A single descending corridor lead down to a series of small rooms none of which revealed much more of what the darksider had specifically been doing here alone with his small legion of troopers. Nearing the end of the tunnel they came upon a massive door with an even more impressive latch that was locked tight.

Simultaneously removing their sabers without speaking the pair of Knights each cut two half moons and gave the molten steel a gentle Force nudge to the floor inside before carefully crawling through. A lone surface worthy snow speeder caked with ice was parked in what appeared to be a garage that lead to the surface with some snowtrooper paraphernalia littering the walls on racks on the far end.

As they silently investigated the garage and came close to examine the speeder, Ananta felt a wave of disquiet wash over him. Something ambiguous that alluded his Force sensitivities, not even concrete enough to mention to Naledi at this point.

Regaining his composure momentarily, he finally broke the silence...Do you think you can drive that thing? He felt with some degree of certainty that a sweep of the perimeter of the base might reveal the source of the pending darkness that still tingled in his chest.

@Padawan4687 Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Padawan4687 likes this.
  13. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016

Behind the mask, Kronos gave Soccmel a cold stare. His helmet electrically modified his voice. "You won't give up, will you? You know, there is a difference between having guts, and being stupid. You would be wise to remember the difference".

To show this, Kronos did a quick lunge at Soccmel, unleashing a wave of rage-fueled attacks. As Kronos made every strike, Soccmel blocked, though it sapped his energy, and pushed him back further and further.

Making a slash to Soccmel's head, Soccmel had easily blocked it, ending in a saber clash. Both the opponents used all of their strength to push the other to the ground, and end the fight, but it was useless. Realizing this, Kronos thought quickly, and he struck Soccmel in the face with a quick bolt of Force Lighting. Stepping back, Kronos thought it would be wise to do this sporadically. Soccmel, caught off guard at first, was not able to defend himself, but he proved himself to be a fast learner (at least to Kronos). Eventually, Soccmel caught onto what Kronos was doing, and was easily able to defend himself.

Wise to stop wasting energy, Kronos ended that attack and pointed his crimson red lightsaber at Soccmel. Learning from his mistake the first time, Kronos stayed put. He knew if he charged, he might end up losing the fight.

TAG: @panta1978 Lady Belligerent

14. panta1978

Mar 20, 2016

Surprised by the Force Lightning attack, Darth Soccmel found himself wondering where all that energy came from. Not as powerful as those released by a Sith Master, but still impressive. "He took me aback, but it must have cost him a lot of energy" - Soccmel pondered - "and maybe I can take advantage of the situation and turn the tables".

Force pushing the opponent was relatively easy for Soccmel this time. With Kronos apparently on his knees, the Phelsinian Sith thought it could be a good idea to charge the opponent. But once again, he underestimated him. As a matter of fact, a force-jump was all he needed to get out of the woods.

It was at that point Soccmel decided to follow Kronos. He also took a force-augmented leap ending up near his rival. The duo was hovering 6 metres high, with their lightsabers pushed against one another once again.

TAG: @Darth Kronos @Lady Belligerent

15. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016

Darth Kronos pushed as hard as he could, given his strength at the time. He was hoping to push Soccmel onto the ground and disarm him, where he would thus won the fight. But, Soccmel was catching onto Kronos' moves.

Once their feet touched the ground, Kronos moved in for a powerful head strike, which Soccmel easily blocked. They were once again in a saber lock. Soccmel, instead of wasting energy, slid his saber off of Kronos', and aimed for his legs. Kronos almost lost his legs right then, but he was quick enough to jump away. In response to this, Kronos unleashed a fury of rage-powered lightsaber strikes at Soccmel. His reflects were fast enough to dodge and block each strike, but Soccmel decided to jump away, far from Darth Kronos.

"You talk to yourself too much, Soccmel," He let out an evil laugh.

Soccmel pointed his lightsaber at Kronos. He immediately charged at Kronos. Under the mask, he let out an evil grin. Soccmel suddenly threw his lightsaber at Kronos. Surprising Kronos, he dived out of the way, hitting the floor. Soccmel, sprinting at Kronos, lightsaber in hand again, sought to end the fight right then and there. Soccmel was on top of Kronos, in a saber lock with him. Thinking quickly, Kronos kicked Soccmel in his leg, and Force Pushed him off. Kronos jumped up off of the floor.

A sigh from Kronos. "Sometimes, this helmet can get in the way...." Pushing a button, Kronos removed his helmet, and dropped in onto the ground. He was sweating. His shaggy, black hair was wet from this sweat. Kronos pulled down his hood and clenched his fist around his lightsaber, still beaming red, still illuminating the light onto Kronos, and the ground beneath him. Kronos pointed his blade at Soccmel.

Outside of the mask, Kronos spoke with a deep and gravelly voice. "Come on, Darth Soccmel. Let's fight...." Swinging his lightsaber again, he put it back at its original position, pointing it at Soccmel.

TAG: panta1978 Lady Belligerent

16. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    IC: Darth Bellorum

Bellorum stood and clapped her hands. "Enough! I shall see you both back at the temple."

*brushes crumbs off Lord Insipid before leaving*

Darth Kronos panta1978

Darth Dreadwar and panta1978 like this.
  17. panta1978

Mar 20, 2016
    "Too bad! She's stopped us now that I've finished my warm-up and would be ready to show you my real power" - Bragged about Soccmel, turning off his lightsaber - "It has to be your lucky day, Kronos" - he went on - "you've been saved by the Bell". The pun was intended.

Actually it wasn't a warm-up at all. He was exhausted, as the fierce lightsaber combat he went through came at a price, and his vital energy had significantly shrunk. But for a Sith showing his weakness is not an option, and Soccmel knew it.

"I'm sure there will be a next time" - he finished - "it is on the cards that our paths will cross again. And when that day arrives, you'd better be very careful."

Soccmel stared at Kronos for a while, to see whether his opponent was impressed by his boastfulness or not. But unsurprisingly - given the sweat that was covering his bald head and his panting breath - his bluff did not work at all.

Darth Kronos @Lady Belligerent

18. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
  19. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016

Darth Kronos wasn't impressed. "Yeah, sure, I believe you...."

Switching off his lightsaber, Kronos walked toward the Temple. He put his weapon on his belt. Kronos used the Force to grab his helmet, putting it back on him.

TAG: panta1978 Lady Belligerent

OOC: Yo, panta, my character isn't bald. :p

20. panta1978

Mar 20, 2016
    OOC: Kronos, mine is. I meant it was my character who was sweating an panting [perhaps it wasn't clear]

TAG: @Darth Kronos @Lady Belligerent

21. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016

OOC: Oh. :p

22. Michael_Davis

Michael_Davis Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 27, 2011
    IC: Michael

Holding a small metal ball the size of a fist in his right hand, Michael entered the ancient arena with a mixture of curiosity and slight anxiety. It was with anxiety that he felt the old sensations, and new ones as well.. Sneezing from the dust, he avoided areas that seemed warped. Physically, everything seemed old. But taking it all end was like being smothered by not just the dust, but emotions ranging from terror, happiness, to rage. That told him how truly ancient the arena was.

48 hours earlier...

The location of this arena was difficult to find. The strange part of searching for it lied in not thinking
    about it at all. After making too many course corrections a few days prior to finding it, he threw his hands up in frustration, then proceeded to rest in the quarters of his scout vessel.

He now sat down at a balcony on his knees to meditate. The metallic ball in his hand was used to help his focus when surrendering to the force. His current talents relied on this meditation. Why? His particular talent at force suggestion was his strongest, as well as precognition. It was progressing in these abilities that helped in areas he lacked, such as projecting the force to and from him to alter movement from himself and inanimate objects.

This, Michael could do in small amounts, while using a defensive form of lights-saber combat. It helped Michael buy time to think about one strategy after another when diplomatic situations occurred, aggressive or otherwise.

Michael certainly did like to think things through, in spite of how slow witted it made him look to his colleagues and enemies.

TAG: Anyone

23. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    Abandoned Geonosis arena (seen in Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones).

Darth Kronos stood dead center, in the abandoned arena, awaiting Darth Kralkus' arrival. Why he needed to be alone was beyond Kronos. Guess he'll find out.

While waiting for Kralkus to arrive, Kronos took out his lightsaber and began swinging it. He practiced his forms, to make himself a better Warrior.

He practices while he waits.

24. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    IC: Darth Haretisch -- Abandoned Geonosis Arena

The Geonosis arena. A decrepit, graying husk. Once brilliant - or least as brilliant as anything on that vulgar planet ever was - now an abandoned ruin. Rows of seats elevated high in the bowl had fallen to pieces, the once smooth red stone now rough from weather. Below, in the arena itself, a masked figure stood clad in black. Darth Kronos stirred about idly, swinging his lightsaber about as he waited for the one who had sent him, one Lord Kralkus.

He was not greeted by Lord Kralkus.

"This place is quite old, you know," said a chilling voice from behind, cutting through the night air like steel. Its source had appeared without warning and without a sound otherwise. Darth Haretisch. His figure was hidden by a cloak, his face shrouded by a hood. His mouth and nose were just visible, illuminated by the pale light of the Geonosis moon. A sickly pallid light the color of the moon shone from the eyes otherwise darkened by his hood.

"Do you know of it?" He whispered. "The Clone Wars began here. The beginning of the end of the Republic. And... Of the old Jedi Order," a crooked smile crossed his lips. "They still haunt this place," he took a long but slow stride forward, "the Jedi who died here. Can you feel it? The echo of anguish? They weren't ready for a war. They had fallen to complacency but..." he paused for a moment. "Still, here they came, like lambs to the slaughter. Republic holorecords for years afterward depicted the Jedi as glorious victors, the heroes of the day, and yet the truth is that the last few remaining were saved only by the arrival of the grand clone army of the Republic. If not for convenient timing, they'd have died huddled and sniveling in the center of the arena. Some did so anyway."

He smiled again. "On the very ground on which you stand now. Would you like to join them?"

A snap-hiss broke the silence, and a blade of deep crimson hummed in the Dark Lord's left hand.

TAG: Darth Kronos

25. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016

Darth Kronos, startled by the sudden appearance of Haretisch, stepped back. Haretisch immediately went into a speech about the first battle during the Clone Wars. He listened, even though he had already known this.

Then, a lightsaber ignited. The crimson blade lit the scene around both Kronos and Haretisch. Kronos reingited his own lightsaber, taking several steps back, trying to gain distance from the much more powerful opponent.

Kronos cracked his neck. "Well, you're clearly not Kralkus. Any idea where he is?" A realization. Then, Kronos sighed. "He set me up."

Kronos swung his lightsaber, but was hesitant to make an attack. He knew he couldn't just charge at Haretisch and expect to win, or even live. Haretisch expected him to do this. But no other plan came to Kronos' mind at the moment. All he did was stand there and stare at Haretisch, whilst occasionally swinging his lightsaber, to look like he knew what he was doing. Whether that worked, Kronos didn't know.

A plan then began to form in Kronos' brain. He hoped it would be good enough to at least put Haretisch off guard for one moment.

So, Kronos charged at Haretisch. The blade was being dragged across the sandy ground of the Geonosis arena, making a deep cut inside the sand. Kronos raised his lightsaber.

Then he threw it right at Haretisch. The saber went right for Haretisch's neck, making a perfect spiral as it flew to him. Kronos ran behind the weapon.

TAG: @Darth_wanderguard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.