main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars RPF Lightsaber Combat thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarthKakarot, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    IC: Naledi Xiong
    Tukopjr Underground Base

The exploration of her prison's lower levels had been silent cooperation, not that Naledi would complain about not talking... In one of the many small rooms down a hallway, she had found a lucky break that was her own lightsaber hilt. In the final room, her outer gear had been stored. Naledi couldn't help a small relieved sigh once her familiar brown cloak was back around her shoulders.

Once the final door was passed, a gigantic hatch stood in front of the pair, locked tight. Naledi exchanged a glance with Master Ananta before unclipping her lightsaber and carving a half-moon into the thick durasteel with her original green blade. Easy enough! Once past that, the two Jedi came across a snow covered hangar, with a lone speeder inside. Naledi half-smiled at the sight, and patted the chilled metal surface. "Appropriate place for a vehicle, the whole engine just might freeze in here..."she commented half to herself. I suppose our Sith shows just as much care for his bikes as he does his prisoners.

"Do I know how to drive it?" she asked, her smile growing, "I owned a Speederbike like this back at the Temple! Though this engine may not be in the greatest condition, I'll see what it can do." With casual certainty, she swept the snow and ice that clung to the seats aside, until the leather beneath was clear before climbing on and gesturing to the other for Ananta to climb on. She was faintly aware of threats on the snowy surface, but had no idea what they could be. Predators? More stormtroopers? Nothing concrete enough to mention to her companion…

To her pleasant surprise, the bike easily switched on and warmed itself up. The Speeder tore across the snow and ice, and Naledi had to pause as more of her prison came into view. It was so small…! It mostly being underground likely has something to do with it.

With a quiet sigh, she lowered her head and focused on the whiteness ahead of her. She might have lowered her head a bit too much, because the white expanse of snow suddenly changed to grey. "Hold on!" she instinctively called out behind her, swerving the bike to avoid what looked like a large and smooth rock... Of course, most rocks don't grow! Naledi's amber eyes were wide, but the rest of her face was kept cool as the grey surface climbed up higher into the sky above the Speeder.

The "rock" then split open, and Naledi finally recognized the device as a lengthly segment of metal extended, and began to swivel towards the bike. The two Jedi were staring down a massive turret... Where was there a trigger point?! Oh, no matter... what mattered was either evading, or destroying that giant piece of machinery before it left their Speederbike in pieces!

TAG: Ananta Chetan
    OOC: To be this late with an RP post is criminal, I'm so sorry my Jedi brother! [face_blush] Just... DRL really got in my way of writing...

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  2. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Ananta Chetan
    Tukjopr Surface

Why was she going so fast?, he mused to himself, clinging to the sides of the speeder as they bulleted through the snowdrifts on the sparse planet. An endless terrain of blindingly white snow in every direction. That was until a lone turret began to slowly rise above the surface and swivel its canon in their oncoming direction.

Naledi seemed to be charging directly towards it, giving them a head-on attempt to disable it. Quickly unclipping his saber, Ananta coiled the strength in his legs and began to prepare for a forward jump onto the top of the canon itself, that was until his left foot slipped on the bike's icy foot peg.

@Padawan4687

The Vanguard likes this.
  3. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    The Sith Empire: Knights of the New Sith Order. Presents:

The Final Trial

Cue Music

Two have been commanded to travel here for a very specific purpose — a purpose known only to these two and to those in the know of current events.

Darth Soccmel and Darth Hesper: Your task is to find the entrance into the Cloister of Trials.

The place in question is not too far from the often used Combat Arena, it is just a bit off and down a path less travelled, and for good reason.

The darkside suffuses the area with a palpable spine-tingling chill. A feeling of pending doom, which is usually enough to ward-off the weak of heart. The cragged pathway, if found, is created by the space between two high walls, it is dark and uninviting, evincing an unshakeable sense of danger.

The path you are to embark on, descends into the ground, first straight away, then it spirals down, leading directly into the unknown. Your goal here is simple. Use what you have learned and find the entrance to the cloister.

Prove that you both are worthy to be called Sith.

Tag: @panta1978, @corinthia (only)

OOC: Sith, if you have any questions, tag me or PM me. I'll b updating you with optimum frequency.

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Darth Insipid
    Control Room

Throughout the cloister there were all manner of miniature droid holocams, and they all led here. Here, to the control room, which was more akin to a cinema, if truth was told.

Darth Insipid, Sith Emperor of the Seventh Sith Empire, was one such viewer.

He rubbed his hands with dark glee, embracing the role of overly dramatic villain for a moment, before catching himself - he hoped nobody and seen that! Insipid shrugged; they were welcome to comment, if they did not favour breath.

A dark cackle.

Oh he was looking forward the Manticore putting these two through their paces.

TAG: No-one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    Darth Hades
    Duel Arena

Hades stood in the shadows and observed the Arena. He had been gone a very long time, but now, he was back to reclaim his place in the galaxy and to regain a purpose. He knew much about the Force, the Jedi, the Sith, but in his seclusion, much had changed. He now realized there were a great many things he did not know nor understood.

Hades walked slowly to a stone bench and took a seat, his cloak and hood hiding his identity until he is ready to reveal himself.
    TAG: Anyone and No one.

6. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Darth Manticore
    Duel Arena

Finally, after much planning, the Final Trial for the two sith apprentices was underway. The zabrak sith master perched himself high and was hidden from view as he watched over the path the apprentices would take. He had also hidden his presence in the force so he would not be disturbed.

There was no sign of either apprentice yet, but he was certain they would come. Their futures, their very lives depended on it.

A sensation in the darkside drew his attention then. A new presence, something or someone he had not felt before. In his mind, this was confirmation. He believed the force was calling back its wayward children. They were returning home, one by one.

The zabrak's fiery eyes looked over the space below and gauged a safe trajectory down the jagged stone structure. Silently, the sith master leapt down from his perch, like a shadow, moving in absolute predatory silence. Lord Manticore landed without a sound, crouching low. Slowly, he rose and walked to where he sensed this new presence.

There, sitting on a bench, was a figure, cloaked and hooded. His identity was impossible to glean visually, but in the darkside of the force, he certainly felt like a sith.

Manticore took a few steps closer, but remained in the shadows and out of physical striking range. Only his eyes peered out like fiery embers from under his hood. He spoke not a word, but simply observed the seated figure as he waited, patiently...for an answer.

Tag: E. L.Knight

7. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    Darth HadesDuel Arena

He noticed the two eyes, the eyes of a Sith, peer from the darkness. He looked directly at the shadows and removed his hood. This action would reveal that Hades was also a Zabrak, but his skin was pale white.

"It's been many years since I was here. Join me. I am Sith Lord Darth Hades."

TAG: greyjedi125

8. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    IC: Darth Kronos

After the lightsaber battle he had with Hareitsch, Kronos was just happy that it wasn't him down there. He was an audience member.

Noticing that Inspid was there too, he sat next to him to view what the two Apprentices could bring to the table.

TAG: No one, really...

9. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Lord Manticore
    Dual Arena

"It's been many years since I was here. Join me. I am Sith Lord Darth Hades."

So, his senses did not deceive him. This was indeed a sith.

Manticore regarded his fellow sith, a zabrak. His skin was pale,denoting his namesake. Manticore had not come across many zabrak's within the sith order. He did not feel racial kinships, for he was never raised among his kind, to him, the force was the only distinction that mattered. Race was a distraction. However, he was pleased that the zabraks that joined the order were always fierce warriors and became renowned because of this. He could feel Hades strength, that he had earned his title of Sith Lord.

"You have been gone long, Lord Hades." Manticore stated definitively.

"I am Lord Manticore." He added by way of introduction, his fiery eyes gazed steady, with penetrating intensity.

"Darth Insipid is Emperor of the Sith Empire now. You would do well to swear your allegiance to him...just as I have."

There was not much to be said after that. All else was history or largely irrelevant, he mused internally. Still, he knew a hunter's patience.

The zabrak offered a respectful nod of acknowledgement and awaited what words Lord Hades might feel like sharing.

He had no doubt that Lord Hades could become a powerful ally to the Sith Empire. Why else would he be here?

Tag: E. L.Knight

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004

The Emperor resisted the urge to glower at Darth Kronos. All these seats, and he sat next to him! His personal space, ruined!

Insipid simply shrugged. His rise to power had acquired him a certain gravity. He simply had to get used to it.

Setting his face into a smile, he nodded to Kronos. 'Seems like only yesterday you were heading off into the depths to strike down the Taral with a small legion of apprentices to die beside, doesn't it?'

The screen split, showing Lord Manticore confronting a new arrival to the area. A darksider, at that. Interesting. Not many Lords had attempted a Trial while engaging another. A master of multi-tasking, or not?

If the distraction persisted they might need to intervene. Having Kronos to hand may be useful if so...

TAG: Darth Kronos, greyjedi125

11. panta1978

panta1978 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 20, 2016
    IC: Darth Soccmel

Unaware of the ominous presences protected by impenetrable force shields that were observing him, Darth Soccmel was the first of the two aspiring Lords to show up.

But where would he go? "All I know is there is a path, surrounded by high walls, leading to unknown depths. But how can I find it? I've been around for a while, exploring the surroundings and venturing well off the beaten path. Yet I don't recollect such a place". But he wasn't surprised. Wherever this journey will lead him to, it will not certainly be the kind of place one can easily find. Tremendous secrets were awaiting Soccmel, and these dark gems must necessarily be hidden from common mortals.

Surrounded by a dull, hard land, Soccmel was staring at the horizon. His eyes inevitably were attracted by the Northern Sector. Mist was covering the air, reminding him of his home planet Phelsin. Had it not been for the weird vegetation around him he could say he was home. Really a strange place this one, with enormous plants surrounded by such a hazy atmosphere. Who would believe it? Didn't it defy the common knowledge?

It was when he was admiring this freaky landscape that Soccmel realised that the mist he was breathing could not be a natural phenomenon. Looking back at the very first teachings he had received, he connected with the force, trying to grab the secrets of that planet. Unmistakable vibrations reverberated in his mind. "The Dark Side is really powerful here. It controls everything. Not a single leaf falls if the obscure force does not want it to!" Soccmel observed.

He looked again at the moist atmosphere, but this time with the mystic sight that came from the Force. Everything started being clearer. With his powers, he could now feel a pattern, a really distinct one, a well-ordered sublayer behind the apparently cluttered atmosphere surrounding him. The entropy he had felt surrounded by was waning; now everything makes sense, and he could even predict how the clouds would evolve, the shape they would assume.

Cheered up by his success, Soccmel inquired the Force again. He already knew everything about the phenomenon he was observing, but one thing still remained to be discovered. The source of that power. And he knew that all he had to do is find it, and the mysterious pathway would finally be unveiled.

Tag: greyjedi125, E. L.Knight, corinthia

12. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    IC: Darth Haretisch

Haretisch stood quietly in the shadows, observing the scene. Kronos had just sat next to Emperor, and from the looks of it Insipid didn't care to have his personal space violated.

Seeing an opportunity, long strides carried the Night Herald toward the pair, and without a word he unceremoniously situated himself in Insipid's lap.

"Evening, Emperor," he said with a plain expression, pretending as though his face wasn't uncomfortably close to his fellow Triumvir's. "Here to see the show?"

TAG: Sinrebirth, Darth Kronos

13. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    IC: Darth Bellorum

She entered silently and stifled a laugh as Lord Haretisch sat on the Emperor's lap, 'I don't want to know,' she thought as she took the seat next to the Emperor opposite side as Kronos had sat.

"How's my apprentice fairing so far?" She asked the other spectators, ignoring the Dark Lord sitting on the Emperor's lap.

Tag: panta1978 greyjedi125 Sinrebirth corinthia Darth Kronos

14. Moonspun Dragon

Moonspun Dragon Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2011
    IC- Darth Arach

Arach had been standing in the corner, her presence concealed. She saw everything. Not even bothering to hide her grin, she stepped from the shadows. She stood within eyesight of the Emperor and the Night Herald and bowed. "Emperor. My lord."

To Lady Bellorum, she bowed. "My lady."

Her greetings said, the Assassin, feeling mischievous, took her seat directly behind the Emperor, as close as she could.

It had been a long time since she had some fun.

Tags: Sinrebirth, Darth_wanderguard, Lady Belligerent, Darth Kronos

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  15. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    Darth HadesDuel Arena

"You have been gone long, Lord Hades." Manticore stated definitively.

"I am Lord Manticore." He added by way of introduction, his fiery eyes gazed steady, with penetrating intensity.

"Darth Insipid is Emperor of the Sith Empire now. You would do well to swear your allegiance to him...just as I have."

Hades smirked.

"I serve the Darkside. Should Lord Insipid be the Emperor, then I will serve him as long as the Darkside deems it so."

He stood as he felt the presence of many others arriving or otherwise revealing their positions.

"Who is dueling today?"

16. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Lord Manticore
    Dueling Arena

Manticore observed Hades carefully. This was a Dueling Arena after all.

The pale zabrak smirked. He and the red zabrak seemed to share that trait. Manticore returns the smirk with one of his own; it was a trademark expression.

“I serve the darkside.” Lord Hades stated simply.

“Should Lord Insipid be Emperor, then I will serve him as long as the darkside deems it so.”

Manticore’s smirked widened slightly. Perhaps he shared more than was readily apparent with the pale zabrak.

“I could not have said it better myself.” Manticore answered with another nod. He watched Hades rise from his stony seat. Perhaps he too felt the presence of the others. It was quite likely they were here to observe the Final Trials of the two sith apprentices.

“Who is dueling today?” Lord Hades inquired.

Manticore paused and gave the question a moment’s thought.

“I’d wager many, at different intervals.” He said initially.

“Though I might have to take my leave shortly, I could indulge you if that is your wish…as a welcoming gesture to the New Sith Empire, from one Lord to another.”

Lord Manticore took a single step closer and positioned himself at the border of physical striking range. His stance was neutral, but his eyes spoke of his ever-present readiness.

“As you will, Lord Hades.”

Tag: @E. L.Knight

The Final Trial

Darth Soccmel, Darth Hesper
    A path Less Travelled

[​IMG]

The first apprentice to arrive was Darth Soccmel.

The Umarell sith apprentice was not discouraged by his lack of specific direction, despite the fact that the surrounding landscape brought forth memories of his home planet. What he did next would make his Sith Master proud.

Soccmel focused on the darkside of the force to show him the way.

Almost as if in response, he could feel the currents of the darkside which suffused the area with greater focus. What was initially unseen and beyond perception was now partially revealed.

Several meters away, a fallen pillar snarled by knotty vines, obscured a pathway between two walls. The darkside was there, dangerous and beckoning, refusing what little ambient illumination was to be found.

The danger he felt in that specific direction was unmistakably palpable; that had to be the way.

Should he go at it alone, or wait for Darth Hesper? That was a question only the lone sith apprentice could answer.

Tag: @panta1978, @corinthia (only)

OOC: panta1978, you need only tag Hesper or myself during these scenes for now. Other events will be happening simultaneously, but not interchangeably. Unless otherwise stated.

17. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    Darth Hades
    Dueling Arena

Manticore smirked at Hades and he could not help but notice the similarities between them.

“I could not have said it better myself.” Manticore responded with a nod. Hades waited on his response to the next query he had posed.

“I’d wager many, at different intervals. Though I might have to take my leave shortly, I could indulge you if that is your wish…as a welcoming gesture to the New Sith Empire, from one Lord to another.”

Manticore moved forward and positioned himself as to invite a fight.

“As you will, Lord Hades.”

Hades took hardly any time to decide his next move. He threw back his cloak and revealed his heavily tattooed body. The black ink stood out in stark contrast to his pale skin.

He grasped his lightsabers, pulling them from his belt and igniting them as he moved faster than any normal eye could follow. He swung the lightsaber in his right hand towards Manticores neck and he swung the other lightsaber in his left hand at his knees.

18. panta1978

Mar 20, 2016

The Force spoke to Darth Soccmel. Once again, the arcane powers were driving him. He could now feel a tornado of unnatural evil forces, its eye being located in a specific spot, an apparently unmarked and uninteresting one when seen by common eyes, but it was doubtless a place where the Dark Side was so strong Soccmel instinctively hesitated. It was as though there was so much power, so much evil, that he feared he couldn't handle it.

Trying to keep his wits, Soccmel turned his eyes to that place. A huge pillar, similar to a milestone, was surrounded by creepy plants. But more interestingly it was hiding an unexplored world. The entrance of a massive cave was there. Soccmel could sense it consisted of two walls. The two dark, uninviting walls he had heard of, no questions about it. He had found his way and knew where to go, but still not how. Should he get to the cave immediately without waiting for Darth Hesper? Or would it be wiser to join forces with the other apprentice before facing that hell?

"Neither of these two options!" - Soccmel observed - "I'm a Sith, and must act accordingly. There is only passion and crave for power" - He went on - "And I do long for power, at any cost an more than anything else, but I'm not willing to take unnecessary risks in my path towards greatness. Deception is my most powerful ally. I should coax Hesper into that wilderness, let her go first to pave the way, then catch up with her and get all the marbles!" But how? Soccmel knew she was too clever to get easily deceived. "No, she will certainly not let I use her, and I' better keep an eye on her of I'll end up being manipulated myself. Perhaps she's already here watching me, hoping I'd do the first move".

It was a stalemate situation, and Soccmel realised that waiting for Hesper to face the wild path together was the only way to unlock it.

Tag: @greyjedi125, @corinthia

19. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Lord Manticore
    Dueling Arena

There was no pausing for an answer as Lord Hades chose to do so through his actions. The sith Lord threw his cloak back and revealed his heavily tattooed body. The black ink stood out in contrast to his tale skin.

This was another similarity they ironically shared, since Lord Manticore also sported a tattoo that covered his torso, though it was presently covered by his sith tunic.

The pale zabrak produced not one, but two lightsabers from his belt and ignited them simultaneously, and in a flash of movement, he charged. Hades possessed great speed as he swung his right weapon towards Manticore’s neck and the other at his knees.

Jar’Kai, eh?

Manticore smiled darkly as his own saber-staff flared to life in a blink. He understood that Hades was merely testing him with his attacks, which were parried without much effort. Both attacks were horizontal swings in nature, which he was able to defend against with short and tightly controlled parries.

Incandescent blades clashed against each other, bathing the surroundings in strobes of crimson light.

Manticore suddenly took a step back, slashing at waist level as he did so, then quickly twisted in place and stabbed backwards. It was a deceptive move used against opponents who advanced too eagerly.

He had no doubt that Lord Hades was more than capable of defending against that attack.

In the darkside, Manticore sensed that one of the two apprentices had already arrived at the appointed location.

Good.

The Stygian Executor made some quick mental adjustments as the encounter with Lord Hades continued.

Tag: @E. L.Knight

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004

All of sudden he had a, a, man on his lap. That was a mite distracting...

The Emperor's eyebrows raised, nearly off his forehead. 'Hello, Night Herald.' Insipid felt the humour of Belligerent, and then Arach joined in, moving behind him.

Great. Excellent. Spectacular.

Lamentations, one and all.

Haretisch spoke of the 'show', and Insipid would have made a comment about being able to see it around Haretisch, but instead adopted an eager smile. 'Are you offering one?'

Insipid decided to push it further. 'It has been a while since I had a lap-dance!'

'Don't forget everyone else! I am sure they would love one as well!'

Lets see how old stoic pants took that.

Tags: Moonspun Dragon.. Darth_wanderguard, Lady Belligerent, Darth Kronos

21. corinthia

corinthia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2016
    IC: Darth Hesper
    A stone's throw from Soccmel

A stirring in the shadows: garbed from head to toe in trailing, cascading black robes, Hesper stepped silently from the veil of shadows from which she watched Soccmel. Her grey eyes were tired, face pallid, lank golden hair partially knotted at the base of her skull. She had been watching him stand and speculate for some time; he had turned this way and that, inspecting the surroundings, visibly stiffened by the power surrounding the area. Hesper had had enough of his waffling. Hands clasped neatly before herself, she picked her way to Soccmel through the craggy pathway, eyes never ceasing to glide over the landscape, observing it, drinking it in. She allowed herself to reach out with the Force, feeling the landscape's negative and positive spaces and the composition of the land. They had a long way to go, and the Dark Side was present here. She breathed deeply.

She drifted to a silent stop at Soccmel's side. In a cool voice, she spoke: "We shall not go separately." She unclasped her hands, and they disappeared into the depths of her robes. "May the Force not turn its back on us."

Ahead of them, Hesper could feel the ebb of a great, dark power, somewhere among the rocks and twisted trees. It whispered to her of foreboding and doom, sending a flash of chills up her spine. It lingered in the cracks and crevices of the stone walls, beckoning for Hesper and Soccmel to come and join it.

TAG: greyjedi125, panta1978

22. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    Darth Hades
    Dueling Arena

He was quite pleased with Manticores speed and precision.

"He was trained well." Hades thought.

As Manticore parried his blows, he slashed at Hades' waist. Hades stepped backwards and watched the lightsaber blade swing harmlessly. Manticore then made an unexpected turn only to stab backwards. Hades had been out of range, but barely.

He then knelt slightly and proceeded to leap over head and spin, shoving both of his blades aimed at Manticores shoulder blades. As he landed he went into a crouch and did a leg sweep.

23. panta1978

Mar 20, 2016
    Heading towards the mystery

"We shall not go separately" - Darth Soccmel replied - "The Dark Side is calling us, and we will answer together". Neither of the two aspiring Lords was really keen to team up with the other. However, given the circumstances, the alliance was the best option. It is true that Sith are known to be selfish and individualist, but they are also smart enough to put their pride on the shelf if that would help them in their rise to the power.

Soccmel ignited his lightsaber, immediately followed by Hesper. "This way" - Soccmel said - "Our journey starts now. It's dark and dangerous down there, but if we stay together with the help of the force and our lightsabers we won't fail". "Of course we won't" - replied Hesper.

The entrance of the cave was so narrow they could not get through together. The first to set foot in the unexplored underworld was Soccmel, with Hesper just behind him. The atmosphere inside the cave was unreal. It was dark, cold, and moist, and the lightsabers of the two Sith apprentices were the only sources of light in an otherwise utterly dark world. The narrow tunnel that led them into this wilderness had now become a 3-metre wide path surrounded by the high walls Lord Manticore had described. They were smooth and regular. Two endless rectangular granite blocks whose perfection made it clear they could not be the natural walls of a cave, but they must have been crafted. And both the floor and the ceiling also looked the same. Soccmel and Hesper were walking side by side through this geometrically perfect path whose length was unknown to them, since by using their lightsabers they were only able to illuminate a 15-20 metre wide area.

Tag: @greyjedi125, @corinthia

24. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Lord Manticore
    Dueling Arena

Good. Very Good. Darth Hades was indeed a skilled warrior.

As expected, the Sith Lord managed not to find himself impaled upon Lord Manticore’s weapon. He had exceptional combat awareness, which was something that greatly pleased the red zabrak.

Combat was was one of various specialties the Styian Executor excelled in. He felt every motion, read every nuance. He inhabited the flow of combat.

Manticore noticed his fellow sith bend his knees slightly. He was about to take flight, which translated into an airborne attack, as they both seemed to be equally versed in their combat prowess.

Immediately, Manticore rolled to one side and out from under Hade’s dual blades, although his cloak was not as fortunate as his shoulder blades. Still, he was not out of danger, that he knew for a fact.

Manticore did not complete a full roll, but transitioned into a backwards handspring, just in time to avoid Hades speedy leg sweep. Manticore performed a defensive saber-staff flourish as he landed, blades spinning dangerously to entrap any follow up attack.

He could not help the smirk that graced his otherwise smoldering countenance.

“Desist, Lord Hades.” He called out with authority, just as he also shut-off his saber weapon, both crimson blades vanishing from sight in a blink.

“Well fought.” He declared truthfully.

Have no doubt that we shall finish our encounter at another time…” He informed with a respectful bow. “…Duty calls.”

Manticore’s senses picked up the arrival of the second apprentice and felt the keen stirring in the darkside in response to what was about to transpire.

“I bid you go to Korriban and present yourself to Emperor Insipid; that or…..”

The red zabrak’s fiery eyes flashed with the light of intrigue.

“…Perhaps you could find him much sooner, depending, if he wishes to be found.”

The situational sneer returned to his face briefly, then he gave a final nod.

“I must take my leave. With all due respect Darth Hades, darkside empower you.”

As he turned to leave, he said over his shoulder, ignoring his ruined cloak;

“We shall meet again.” He promised.

With that, the Stygian Executor performed a Force assisted leap back up into the welcoming shadows, his presence vanishing from all perception once again.

Verily, duty called. He had a Final Trial to oversee.

Tag: @E. L.Knight, @Sinrebirth

The Final Trial

Darth Soccmel, Darth Hesper

A path Less Travelled

Although reluctant at first, both sith apprentices agreed to cooperate and journey into the unknown together. Strength in numbers was deemed more prudent than individual glory.

With only their red lightsabers to provide illumination, both Darth Soccmel and Darth Hesper ventured inside the forbidding passage. The moment they moved past the threshold created by the fallen pillar, their senses would give weight to their apprehensions.

The darkside was indeed strong here. The pathway was narrow and longer than anticipated. Each step they took lead them further downward, which made the walls taller and gloomier. Many times they would have to cut through obstructing vines in their path. Unsurprisingly, they also had to step over the corpses of unidentifiable beings who obviously perished here under mysterious circumstances. Would they suffer a similar fate if they failed?

Their feelings of vulnerability would be stoked as they ventured ever deeper. They were vulnerable from every conceivable angle, not to mention quite possibly, to things unseen. What’s more, the path began to curve; they could not even gauge the entrance which was far, far behind them by now.

Then suddenly, the pair found themselves at a dead end. Nothing but walls covered with vines, mist and a few corpses to greet them, to remind them of their very possible doom. Those poor souls had made it this far, but no further.

In the darkside, they could feel it for certain. This was the right place. They had found the pathway, all they had to do now was somehow find the entrance, or end up adding their bodies to the number of cadavers at this literal ‘dead end’.

Tag: @panta1978, @corinthia

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Control room

There was no reply forthcoming from his Night Herald, but Hades interested him more. With a glance around, he activated the intercom. The arena was in point of fact above them, and the control room was based between it and the depths that Hespar and Soccmel now plunged. With his gesture, his voice carried to the arena that Hades now stood alone within.

Insipid stood, and, as he was the phantom half of the Emperor, he simply passed through Haretisch. He could make himself incorporeal, in this form, as and when he wished.

Insipid had heard the effect was dislocating.

He spoke, his voice echoing across the arena from more than a dozen hidden speakers. 'Lord Hades, you have caught my eye.'

'But you have yet to hold my gaze.'

Another of my Sith will be heading to meet you. Stay, as they will be eager to attend to you.

Insipid cut the channel. He didn't ask for any to volunteer, he expected one of them to take the elevator behind the cinema to the arena; and being as three Dark Lords were present, it had best be Kronos. The Emperor simply looked towards the roof, and he levitated himself up and through the ceiling.

Fast.

He shot through the floor and into the arena, and as he appeared above the arena, dozens of meters above, he reached into the sky and called down rain and thunder, the wind buffeting his black cape as if he was some great clawed bird, circling his prey.

Purely for dramatic effect, of course.

TAG: @E.L.Knight, Darth Kronos, greyjedi125, Lady Belligerent, Darth_wanderguard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.