main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars RPF Lightsaber Combat thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarthKakarot, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Ensis

Darth Ensis Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 16, 2016
    I, will make you, disappear, Snokers

I, in turn, smell only cowardice among your ranks DarthIshyZ Mikaboshi

Will you fight,

or have you no Honor as well?

2. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    IC: Titus Fenton
    Temple of the Light, Courtyard

Titus cursed as his hit missed Van, the other aprentice had manged to block his sword. Again Titus remebered gis lacking swordfighting abilities. Why he had taken such a risk? Why had he belived Van would hold onto their unspoken alliance?
    The force push hit him while he was still distracted and he chrashed into the Ongree. He felt the pain in his arms and to not hurt the other apprentice he deactivated his lightsaber for a moment.The air was pressed out of his lungs by the sudden attack and Titus gasped.

The human landed on the floor, but he was quick enough to get up a second later. Taking two steps back he activated his weapon again, hoping to get a moment to breath while the other aprentices would conentrate on each other.

Tag: ConservativeJedi321, The Vanguard
    Obervation Deck: Pearlsaber, Zurros Ka

3. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I don't think multi-forum trolling is wise. Bardan_Jusik ?

4. Darth Ensis

Feb 16, 2016
    I do not troll, Mikaboshi

I challenge--and am very serious about it,

merely countering all of your useless responses.

Instead of writing that kind of underhanded posts, having others higher-up taking care of things,

face me here, Darth Cruor. Do it yourself.

Mand'alor Bardan_Jusik ,

my responses above are but counters of truly offensive postings.

*Bows*

5. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep
    Temple of Light; Training Courtyard

Semajj saw victory over Titus in sight as his blade inched ever closer to his opponents neck, what could have been a perfect mark, a decapitating strike in a normal battle, and the Corellian was none the wiser as far as he could tell.

Absolutely perfect.

But something had happened, something unexpected that made him hesitate for a crucial second, that cost him the victory. A change in the current of the force. And he knew exactly what it was. "No!" he nearly shouted, and attempted to call on the force in a desperate retreat. But acrobatics had always been difficult for him. The Ongrees bulky frame and thick hide made him heavier than many other species, perhaps a more experienced one, a Master could make up for that hindrance, but he was but a Padawan. He had spent quiet the bit of energy in the roll he had used to recover mere seconds earlier, and as he tried to collect his energies to jump out of the way Titus went flying.

Semajj was but an inch off the ground when the other Padawan crashed into him and made him going flying.
    His lightsaber slipped from his grip as he landed hard on his back five meters away, and the wind was knocked out of him.

"No!" He croaked again. "So close..."
    He bashed his fist on the hard ground in frustration. A moment later he closed his eye's in contemplation and meditation. He felt his frustration wash away as he focused on the moment.

This wasn't good he knew, as he propped himself up on his elbows trying to make sense of how the field of battle had changed in that brief second he had been off balanced.

Tags: The Vanguard, Anedon
    Observation Deck: Ananta Chetan, galactic-vagabond422, Mitth_Fisto, Pearlsaber

The Vanguard and Ananta Chetan like this.
  6. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016

IC: Darth Balor/ Retris

As Effay's vision was blocked by flying debris, especially the one larger piece that completely blotted out his location, Balor dropped his cloak on the ground, deactivated his lightsaber, and that would be all that she would see where he had been. His natural light absorbing properties as a defel would make him appear as nothing but a misshapen shadow with a pair of red eyes due to the simple fact that it was night time. Drawing upon the Force to enhance this effect, to create a stealth field about himself, Balor began to make his way behind the young togrutan, remaining completely silent as he hid not just his physical presence but also his Force signature, sending out a presence of smallness. Of inconsequential movement of the wind. He was nothing that mattered.

Using the Force to make him seem as nothing more than the wind he began circling to Effay's left, looking to get behind her. There were so many pleasant things one could do when behind someone. At the very least he was out of danger for the moment, and he smiled slightly in anticipation of the confusion that was likely to come from his opponent.

TAG: Togrutan_Jedi

sorry this too me so long, haven't had a chance to sit down and write a paragraph all day.

QueenSabe7 and Togrutan_Jedi like this.
  7. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    The Lorekeeper

Darth Cocytus pressed forward with with a methodical assault, but then he paused and gave himself some distance. The Lorekeeper built a Force Barrier around himself, but more so gathered his strength in hopes of changing the tide of battle. As the young apprentice charged in with a jar'kai based offensive the old sorcerer soared into the air and somersaulted overhead and coming to land behind Cocytus, it was then that he unleashed a reserved reservoir of energy in the form of a powerful telekinetic burst directed at his adversary's back.

The blast would be powerful enough to crush stone, undefended it could easily break a body beyond repair. The Lorekeeper watched on from many meters away with interest, he was prepared and eager to see how Darth Cocytus would defend himself and retaliate.

Tag: Darth Cocytus

Darth Cocytus likes this.
  8. Togrutan_Sith

Togrutan_Sith Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 8, 2016
    IC: Darth Effay/Retris

Effay stared at the board flying across the platform. Her eyes did not move off it, and she was waiting for something to happen to it. She expected a sudden stop, or a slice through the board, and then Balor running at her, but no, the board kept going til it awkwardly flew over the platform and into the water. She looked around and used the force to seek out Balor. She found nothing. He disappeared from her focus, and this frightened her.

She began to think, and realized the possibility of Balor using some kind of force technique to confuse her. She knew he had to be somewhere on the platform. If he jumped, then he would've landed already and Effay would've already been defeated. He couldn't have entered the water; if he did, Effay would've at least heard the water make a sound from him entering it, that and he wouldn't have had enough time to jump in without Effay seeing it.

Effay took her pointer and middle fingers and thumbs off her lightsabers, only holding them with her index and pinky fingers. She force lifted up the sharp wooden debris Balor threw at her only seconds ago, and began circling them all around herself in a spiraling motion like a tornado of scraps of wood. If Balor was still around her, the debris would hit him, revealing himself. If the scraps hit nothing and continued circling normally, then Effay knew Balor would be inside the circle as she was, and would immediately jump in the air, as high as she could to avoid an attack

A Blind Prophet

QueenSabe7 and A Blind Prophet like this.
  9. Isley_27

Isley_27 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2016
    IC
    ...you dishonored the Sith Empire...you are no Sith to us Darth Ensis

Be grateful the Masters have not destroyed you.

Darth_wanderguard My master I apologizes you had to witness such shame..I take my leave.

DarthIshyZ and Anakin.Skywalker like this.
  10. Darth Cocytus

Darth Cocytus Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2016
    -snip-

Mikaboshi likes this.
  11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Darth Insipid simply watched a coward with no honour show more besides.

Tutanminis.

A lowly apprentice mastering a technique of that level.

A cheater, clearly. God-modding?

Insipid had no interest in playing.

TAG: No-one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Darth Cocytus

May 8, 2016
    OOC: Talking about me, Sinrebirth? Or he-who-must-not-be-named?

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  13. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    OOC: Not you, Cocytus. It's not you.

14. Darth Cocytus

May 8, 2016
    Darth Cocytus

Darth Cocytus blinked in only in surprise when Lorekeeper jumped over him. It wasn't exactly what the kaminoan was expecting in response to his assault and dum möch, but it was on his list of possibilities. The Sith Apprentice, turning around quickly, strengthened his own Force Barrier in preparation when the foe unleashed his attack. The barrier was strong enough to prevent serious damage, but Cocytus was still significantly pushed back by the attack, almost knocked off his very feet. The Apprentice's shield absorbed the attack's energy that would have caused the significant damage and Cocytus added it to his own building fury as he glared hatefully at Lorekeeper. The time has come. Screaming in hate-filled fury Cocytus unleashed, with all his passion, anger and all encompassing hatred directed at the opponent, his own stronger telekinetic burst mixed with a great surge of sith lightning from his finger tips while in preparation for a all out merciless assault of jar'kai dejm so.

Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi and Anakin.Skywalker like this.
  15. Togrutan_Sith

Nov 8, 2016
    Sinrebirth was it me? I don't recall using the technique but I cant think of any other Sith apprentices posting right now

16. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    IC: Keriath Vansiph
    Temple of Light, Courtyard

Training wasn't real battle, Van knew that, the speed and uncertainty of a real battle would be much quicker and stronger. At least, these were the thoughts that came through his mind.
    Either way, it was in these moments he could feel the intensity of the Force and let himself be caught up in it. Physically, he was waning. The acrobatics were taking a toll on him and he could sense it. He exhaled deeply as he fought to ignore the desire to rest. He needed to slow his thoughts and focus on the present.

The force push was executed and the effects on his opponents took better than he had hoped. Both Titus and Semajj were knocked off balance and the opportunity to strike again was too good to pass. But which direction would he take? Which of his fellow Padawan would he have to exert more energy on?

Although Semajj was momentarily disarmed, Van decided to go after his Corellian companion.

With a steady glide, twirling his lightsaber in an aggressive fashion, Van strode towards Titus. Here goes nothin, he thought to himself. When he approached he began with an overhead strike, soon-to-be followed with a cross-body uppercut.
    TAG: Anedon ConservativeJedi321
    Observation Deck: Pearlsaber Zurros Ka Ananta Chetan

17. Darth Ensis

Feb 16, 2016
    ~Ensis but stared at the pretenders and naïfs in front of him.~

Isley_27
    " 'darth' Alva, the 'sith empire' you serve, being as none among you stepped forth, to begin with,

have no Honor to be stripped of, none to be dis-Honored for or by.

I am Sith, Ser--you and yours are, clearly, not. No more than a soft-hearted congregation.

Be grateful I did not crush your skull, shamed one."

Sinrebirth

"My good 'darth' Insipid,

the word is Tutaminis

not "Tutanminis" haha! Now that would be apprentice-talk, Ser.

insipid as your own 'darth name' is, Ser,

you and your claims, the honorless cowards being others,

well-among your poor lot and lowliest of followings;

I am no apprentice--what, pray, know you of me? Of my exploits? Of My Power? I know all of 'yours.'

But step forth, if you have any, be it Honor or Power,

or depart, forgotten.

I would test your 'Immortality' "

" Finally, in light of your recent offenses, I await you as well,
    Togrutan_Jedi 'darth' Effay, being as you took offense upon my speech,
    A Blind Prophet 'darth' Balor, as you would mock my very name.

A 'rude cur' am I? Will you stand by your claim? E. L.Knight Or will you cower as well?

Good Darth Cocytus , it's Djem So, Ser, not "dejm so"

Stand by your claims,

cowering fools. "

Of our own invention, our role-playing is, our stories, our mastery. Our Empires.

Thus, Emperor,

From Emperor to Emperor, fan to fan, writer to writer, fellow gamemaster to fellow gamemaster,

we stand in equal ground. Who, I wonder, would do better here, now?

No god modding here at all, friend.

Knowledge is Power.
    If you've no interest in playing, a game as this is,

much less I.

If you would, here I am.

Respect and Best Wishes.

May you fare well Anakin.Skywalker DarthIshyZ Mikaboshi Lady Belligerent QueenSabe7 Nehru_Amidala

18. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016

IC: Darth Balor/ Rentris

He laughed softly to himself as Effay did nothing, simply staring at a piece of wood as it flew off into the waters below. That was a cardinal sin, as it meant that she was not paying attention to what was around her, wasn't moving, wasn't really prepared for anything really. And in that window of time, Balor had made his way behind his opponent, drawing on the Force as he was, it had been a simple matter to channel a small amount of it into moving faster.

Upon realizing her mistake, Balor could sense Effay drawing on the Force her self, and as he was standing right behind her, could see that she wasn't even remotely ready to use either of her lightsabers as instead she was channeling the Force into the surrounding debris, using it as a screen of sorts to see where he was. Slashing and igniting his lightsaber at the same time, he aimed for a blow that would decapitate the young togrutan. Or if she decided to jump, which was what her bunching leg muscles certainly indicated... well. bisecting was a thing as well, though it was a bit more gruesome than he had intended. Essentially she had trapped herself, and Balor intended to not only take full advantage of it, but to end the duel then and there even going so far as to whisper, "You lose." as he dropped his Force stealth, hoping that his appearance right behind her would startle her into inactivity for that bares moment... or make her react the way she had prepared herself and jump upwards. Either way the fight would be over.

TAG:Togrutan_Jedi

Togrutan_Jedi likes this.
  19. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012

Being a troll is a terrible thing. you refuse to listen to your elders and follow the simplest rules. Continue and the Moderators will eventually ban you, Ensis.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  20. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep
    Temple of Light

As Ongree's eye's returned to focus, he took in the field battle. Titus was in a slow retreat, clearly hoping Van would go after Semajj. Perhaps it would have been the wise thing to do for the Lorrdian, but it was not the choice he had made. With a quick stride Van struck at the Corellian. Semajj was happy to see the battle hadn't changed much in that brief second. They both stood five meters away, Titus's back was towards him, and Van facing him. Aside from a slight shift back and to the right, as well as the fact Semajj was now sitting on his butt, weaponless, five meters from where he had been a moment earlier\, not much had changed.

This was an opportunity he saw. Vans tactical error offered him a chance to recover. And the focus was even less on him than it had been earlier. With the two other Padawans so focused on each other perhaps Semajj could end this with his quick thinking.

With a careful silence the Ongree got back on his feet, and called his unlit lightsaber to his hand.

He smoothly walked to his right, being sure not to make a noise until he was safely aligned parallel to the two.

He readily recoiled his swords arm, as far back as it would go, and swung with a forceful might as its newly ignited green blade rolled in a long arc towards the two padawans. He had aimed at Titus's exposed back, but Van was in the path as well. With any luck both apprentices would be marked at least once. But Semajj knew, as the blade closed the distance in a second, that even should they both notice it coming at that moment, it was unlikely both could get out of the way quick enough to avoid the twirling blade.

Tags: Anedon, The Vanguard
    Observation Deck: galactic-vagabond422, Ananta Chetan, Pearlsaber, Mitth_Fisto

The Vanguard likes this.
  21. Togrutan_Sith

Nov 8, 2016
    IC: Darth Effay/Retris

Effay paid close attention to the debris circling around her, and it hit nothing. Right as she realized this, she heard a voice from behind. "You lose", and Effay jumped with every bit of strength she had plus the force, the jump even cracking the wood beneath her a bit. But it was hopeless, and she felt a sharp burn across her waist. She looked down to see there was a burning line beneath her stomach. The young Togruta was in two.

Her upper and lower body both fell back to the ground, and she shouted in agony. She couldn't think through the pain, as it was far greater than her focus on hate. She used the force to heal herself the best she could. But if Balor had no mercy, it wouldn't matter.

A Blind Prophet
    I don't expect a response as to whether he kills her or not, your win is all that matters
    Good game yo

A Blind Prophet likes this.
  22. Sabine Wren

Sabine Wren Jedi Padawan

Dec 27, 2016
    Anyone up for a challenge?

greyjedi125 likes this.
  23. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    IC: Darth Balor/ Retris

The feeling of a lightsaber biting into flesh was a unique one, as it was just the barest of vibrations in the hilt due to how easy the body was cut. Even bones added only the barest resistance to the coherent blade of light. No matter the where, or the how, it was always satisfying.

His opponent had actually jumped, much as he'd anticipated, and so the blade entered high on her chest and moved diagonally downwards towards her left hip before exiting her young body, leaving her falling to the wooden platform in two separate pieces, her lower half ending up splayed in a very awkward angle. The scream of agony was music to a duelists ears when it wasn't ones own, as it almost always meant the fight was over and you were still standing. Victorious. The tenants of the Sith proven again, that strength and power will ultimately set you free.

While he felt the other, young one, attempting to heal herself Balor stood for a moment, debating with himself, and he used the Force to call his cloak back to himself, draping itself upon his shoulders. After several moments he moved, doing something that was likely to be rather on the unexpected side for the togrutan whom he had recently cut in twain. He did his best to re-position her separated legs, knowing that it would still cause momentous amounts of pain to have her burnt and charred body being touched by anything, even itself. After placing her lightsabers in two of the many pockets in his cloak, Balor sat down and began to meditate, focusing on putting the young one back together. Given that he was not a Jedi, this healing would be anything but gentle, but surviving would make her stronger.

Several hours later, he stood, stretching his body and redirecting his mind to the physical world of his own body. "You'll live," the voice emerged from beneath his hood, white teeth about the only thing visible of his body. "You show potential Effay. Remember to never become so single minded in your focus when fighting, it will always end poorly." Turning away Balor walked to one of the edges of the platform. "I'm sure we'll meet again." And with that he jumped down, calling on the Force to prepare his body for the landing, before stalking to his ship, nothing but a shapeless shadow in the darkness.

TAG: Togrutan_Jedi

Togrutan_Jedi likes this.
  24. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    The Lorekeeper

The old sorcerer grinned wickedly as his telekinetic push slammed hard into the force barrier of Darth Cocytus, though the young apprentice had prepared himself well for the assault it still was powerful enough to slam him backward and almost lifted him off his feet.

The Lorekeeper cackled wildly as the young opponent glared at him angrily, his laughter grew as the apprentice unleashed a scream filled with hate and rage, but that scream was only a precursor of things to come. Within Darth Cocytus his passions and fury grew and he used that growing power to form his own telekinetic assault, that was not all however, the wave coming his way was also filled with a merciless barrage of Sith Lightning.

Decades of learning saved the Lorekeeper's life in that moment, his training was such that he was able to instinctively raise his barrier again and additionally supplemented his defenses with tutaminis in order to absorb the assault coming his way. That was not sufficient however, the assault came too fast and a portion slipped through his barrier. The Lorekeeper was thrown back by the Force and tendrils of living electricity danced across his body, he landed hard several feet back from his original position.

Though in obvious pain, the Lorekeeper was far from finished this day. His landing was far more graceful than one should expect from an aged librarian, and as he came to his feet again the young Cocytus could see his that his brown robes were singed and smoking. He glared at the apprentice of Lady Hesper, his eyes burned yellow and red. The Lorekeeper did not seem hurt, no it would take far more than any attack an apprentice could muster in order to kill a High Lord such as the Lorekeeper. Though he looked old and decrepit the Dark Side was strong with him, this fight was far from over.

The sorcerer raised his free hand and beckoned his opponent forward, his other hand gripped the lightsaber easily as he anticipated the coming barrage from Cocytus.

Tag: Darth Cocytus

25. Darth Cocytus

May 8, 2016
    Darth Cocytus

Darth Cocytus watched with a cold, cruel, sadistic and hateful smirk as his attack managed to strike at the laughing Lorekeeper, giving his own crackle in response. The kaminoan was no doubt well pleased with himself in sadistic amusement. Seeing that Lorekeeper was only slightly scathed by his counterattack, the younger sorcerer's face turned hatefully sour with a scowl, understanding how strong in the dark side the older sorcerer was.

Suspecting himself to be overexertering himself to early, Cocytus took a quick moment to close his eyes as he got into a more defensive postion with his blades and began to reinvigorate himself by focusing more on his anger and hatred, taking deep breaths. Quickly reciting the Sith Code in his mind, he called upon his passion of defeating his opponent to fuel his strength in the force and his strength to fuel his power in the dark side and lead him to victory over Lorekeeper and ultimately freedom from the shackles of apprenticeship.

Once ready, Cocytus opened his eyes, now pure yellow like bright candle lights floating stationary in empty eye sockets. He glared coldly at Lorekeeper with frozen, venomous hatred and bloodlust as he clutched tightly the curved hilts of his lightsabers. With a swift sprint after strengthening his force shield to it's maximum, the young sorcerer charged towards his foe, taking all his passion, anger and hatred and pouring them into every brutal and merciless pounding strike of jar'kai dejm so, slashing once again in a dance-like movements.

As the battle continued, however, Cocytus, still eager to shake things up, began to show his cunning use of the two blades by fencing one blade towards Lorekeeper's eyes in an attempt to blind him, while continuing to strike and slash at Lorekeeper with the other. The kaminoan glared at his foe, and believeing himself to have the upperhand, even if it's just for a moment, gave a cruel smirk.

Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.