main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars RPF Lightsaber Combat thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarthKakarot, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    IC: Reiis Invadator

Reiis was up by the time Alva got even close to her. Tired of the young apprentice's foolishness, Reiis sought to teach him a lesson, albeit a slightly painful one. As she was almost Underlord and he was barely an Acolyte, Reiis figured she wouldn't have much trouble subduing him.

First, she sent out a non-lethal but rather painful mind shard. Then, she would attempt to take his lightsabers away. After that, she would attempt to flatten him on the ground. She would commence with non-lethal Force Lightning jabs that would hopefully temper his pride a bit.

OOC: No worries, Isley, it happens to us all.
    TAGS: Kaleesh-Cyborg Isley_27

2. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    The intensity of the Force around him radiating off Reiis and Alva is enough to give Grievance a headache. How he wishes he didn't have the infernal sense to know it was there and being manipulated to their opposing wills. He takes a step back and shakes his head as though to relieve a severe ringing in the ears as that's about what it is like for him; impossible to ignore no matter how hard he tries.

He knows Alva is using the Force to maintain a surveillance on him and he doesn't really care. He will attack when he's good and ready to, regardless. As the male human advances on Reiis again, Grievance advances on his turned back. It does not matter if Alva sees him or not. Reality remains that he will have to divide his attention and his defenses to guard from the front and the back. He swiftly closes any distance in two long strides and comes in to make a double-striking swing with both arms in turn on Alva.

Tag: Anakin.Skywalker Isley_27

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  3. Isley_27

Isley_27 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2016
    OOC: Shoot I was afraid you'd pull rank on me @Ankain.Skywalker..I'm gonna give, but not before I have one last laugh ;)

IC: Darth Alva

Alva was hit by a mind shard, it felt like a invisible small knife piercing through his head. Unfortunately he hadn't had enough skill in the force to disperse an perspective Underlord's shard fully, even with tutuminas. It cut him off from the eye of maddness and forced him down on one knee, yet like a photograph there was image of Grievance advancing burning into his mind. Reiis could possibly could protect herself against Alva's next attack, he mounted the every bit of strength he could muster, then shot it outwards in all direction in a force wave before anyone could do anything to him further. Everything not secured would be thrown violently backwards. It was his last ditch effort before he conceded.

Reiis had disrupted his connection to the force with the mind shard, "Enough...you have bested me, Reiis" he held his hand over the front of his face to summon the dark side to aid him and soothe the pounding in his head. "Rest assured Reiis, I will return more powerful than before," his eyes turned a golden yellow. He bowed to them both, "Next time it shall not be a sparring match, but a duel to the death my friends. Yet it was an honor to pit my strength against you both...Farewell." He over in the shadows, then vanished.

Tags Anakin.Skywalker Kaleesh-Cyborg

OOC: Good duel :)

4. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Grievance is about to bring devastating blows down on Alva when the human, without warning, buckles under some unseen blast of pain. It stalls the Kaleesh cyborg mid-strike as he has never witnessed this before. His eyes shift in obvious questioning to Reiis, but before he can speak a word of inquiry, he feels the Force rushing to aid Alva. He recovers just enough of his faculties that when the human sends out a 360-degree Force Wave, he is braced to fight it, but not to the point of keeping his ground.

As the wave rolls out from Alva, he becomes ensnared in its kinetic power and finds himself sliding backwards, his talons digging long scores into the cobblestones as he tries to resist. Finally, he breaks into quad-wield stance and grabs his extra lightsabers again. As the Force continues to violently move him backwards, he plunges all four sabers into the ground to firmly anchor himself and effectively brings his momentum to a stop.

Straightening after the wave passes, he looks disappointed as Alva concedes before further damage can be done to any of the parties involved. How unfortunate. He can't even count coup on this one as he hadn't made any worthwhile attacks on the assassin. He's good, but perhaps a bit dodgy. Must be the assassin trade he's picked up. Warriors are definitely all about the combat regardless of the cost.

"You fight well, assassin," he replies in parting, inclining his head slightly to Alva, "Should we meet again in blood-for-blood combat, I will not let you dodge my blade so easily."

Tag: Anakin.Skywalker Isley_27

5. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis was pleased something had worked. She wasn't pleased, however, when she was flung backwards and landed hard on the cobblestones. It seemed Grievance had a better time of it. Perhaps she should build talons on her feet, too.

She watches as Alva walks away, sending a healing thought to his head, as her attack had been only to stop his attack.

"Well, I guess it's you and me now, Grievance."

Reiis crouched, darksaber ignited in front of her in defense, and waited.

OOC: No, Isley. I just wanted to make sure you didn't chop my head off while I was trying to do a Mind Shard, lol! It was great fighting!
    TAGS: Kaleesh-Cyborg Isley_27

Kaleesh-Cyborg likes this.
  6. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Grievance retracts his blades in order to extricate them from the ground where he had anchored himself against Alva's Force Wave. Reiis certainly isn't going to be the one to tap out, is she? Well...not yet anyway. And that is just fine by him. He is learning quite a bit about the way these Sith types think when engaged in battle.

"So it would seem, Invadator," he replies, rising to his full height and reigniting two lightsabers as he returns the extras to his hip armor, "I hate the Force powers you keep using, but I must admit that was an...interesting counterattack. Whatever it was you did."

This clearly testifies that Grievance has no idea how far the Force can be pushed. He has seen the typical pushing, pulling, vaulting, and other obviously Force-enhanced moves in combat, but whatever Reiis had done to outmaneuver Alva is lost to him. He doesn't really care either. As long as she doesn't try to pull it on him, it is no concern of his.

Duel-wielding now, he decides to up the stakes with a little intimidation and takes a flying leap at Reiis, talons extended like an eagle diving down on its prey. As he had done before, he lands just shy of crushing her and unleashes a volley of rapid strikes, advancing as he does so with the intent of pushing her back in the practice of taking ground.

Tag: Anakin.Skywalker

7. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

"It's called Mind Shard," she replied. "It's a mental blast that causes pain; a recently-learned skill for me. I'm quite pleased with the results, though." But there wasn't much time to talk. Grievance flew towards her, talons extended and again landing right before her. But this round, he didn't waste any time. He began attacking immediately.

Reiis blocked a few jabs with her darksaber and her prosthetic arm, jumping back to regain her footing. "You could learn it, too, if you accepted the Force." She thrust her darksaber forward.

TAGS:Kaleesh-Cyborg

8. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Everything coming back to him now from previous combat on Kalee, Grievance has clearly become more comfortable with this sparring session now that the use of the Force has died down. His swordsmanship rivals that of a seasoned veteran as he recoils from Reiis' parry and thrust, backing off only to come at her again from a different angle.

"I have no use for unnatural mind games," he replies, never missing a beat in the fight despite the simultaneous casual conversation, "A weapon in hand is all I need and even that isn't altogether necessary."

As if to prove his point, he lashes out with one leg while still striking with the lightsabers, making a move to try and seize Reiis' robes with his foot in an attempt to immobilize her, which would essentially force her to tap out unless she could escape his hold.

9. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Grievance was clearly a very skilled fighter, and now that she wasn't using the Force, it became more obvious that he bested her in the saber fighting skill area.

Reiis was focusing on blocking his attacks -- she had almost given up trying to attack at all -- when she tried stepping back. Something was holding her in place and she looked down. The damn cyborg had her robes in his talons! She hadn't felt it because both legs were metal prosthetics. She couldn't rip them out of his talons because they were sealed to keep her alive. She couldn't cut off his leg because she was trying to defend the rest of her body with just her one saber. She was stuck.

Opting to make protecting herself easier, Reiis spun her saber around her body as a shield.

OOC: Think of Obi-wan and Anakin on Mustafar when their sabers are doing the whirly-whirlies.
    TAGS: Kaleesh-Cyborg

10. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Having stealthily succeeded in ensnaring Reiis so she has no choice but to go on the defensive, Grievance could still sense her initial jolt of fear even if he hadn't been Force sensitive. He can see it for a fleeting moment in her eyes--that spark of fear that so many times in the past had pretty much sealed his victory. He is not ignorant of the fact that Reiis is resourceful though. If anything, he's come to expect that she will not give him an easy triumph and he truthfully wouldn't have it any other way, which is why he remains committed to this duel; however, he can't hold back the rumbling chuckle over managing to pull this off.

"You are so very fortunate you are not a Jedi right now," he laughs, "You would be utterly and completely doomed."

He half expects she will revert back to using the Force in self defense, so it gives him a pleasant surprise when she opts for her weapon like the type of warrior he is historically familiar with. Spinning a lightsaber is often a sure way to cause an assailant to back off, which is why he does it so frequently. Even though the sabers are at a low power setting, he still behaves as though they are deadly. No sense in becoming lax. It could prove to be a fatal mistake. He does back off in response to her spinning weapon, but he doesn't let go of her robes, his foot firmly planted on a good hunk of the hem and his talons curled in a splay-fisted grip around the folds. She has challenged his skill and now he is challenging hers; she will have to find a way to make him let go.

OOC- *cracking up* Whirly-whirlies? Is that what it's called? XD

11. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis was still very stuck in Grievance's hold, much to her disappointment. At first she contemplated Force pushing him, but a breach in her life-support suit would damaged her enough to lend her unable to fight. She also didn't want to Force-lightning him, out of concern that she'd injure him, so she was left to find a more..."normal" way of getting him off. Despite his grip on her cloaks, she was able to lift one of her prosthetic legs and kick him.

Wow. Yeah. That probably wasn't going to do anything, but she had kicked as hard as she could and she hoped it would at least distract him to where she could pull out. Curse those droids who remade her. They could have made something more practical.

OOC: lol! No, at least I don't think so. But it fits. :p

12. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    To say that Grievance isn't enjoying this turn of events would be completely inaccurate. He is having a pretty good time maintaining an upper hand. He can tell Reiis is weighing her options, trying to plan how she will get out of this. Her tendency to be impulsive seems to be less prominent at the moment as she takes into consideration the fragility of her new cybernetic form.

He knows she is more flesh and blood than he is and therefor just as fragile as she had been pre-cyborg. Perhaps even more so since so much of her suit sustains her life. For his part, his most vulnerable areas are his head, neck, and torso. With a mind that naturally takes all things into account, he knows they are not in this to cause life-threatening injuries, which is why he merely maintains a firm hold on Reiis' robes without jerking on them.

With the mindset that she is an ally, he is pleased to see that she is thinking before she acts. Perhaps the cybernetics have served to temper her impulsive nature a bit. When she strikes out with a kick in an attempt to make him back off, there is a resounding clang of metal meeting metal and he does have to adjust his footing with his free leg to maintain his ground, but that's about the extent of it as Grievance looks at her with eyes that seem to say, "Are you serious?"

OOC- Haha! I like it. XD

13. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis let out a frustrated growl as her attempt at getting him off fails, and she's starting to lose hope in her situation. "Let go!" she yelled at him. She tried to sound menacing and threatening, but it came out sounding like a frustrated teen yelling at their parent for grounding them or taking the keys to their speeder away. Using the Force, she set up something of a Force-barrier around herself, and tried to pry his talons off her cloak. Frustrated beyond belief, she snapped at him "This is so terrible. I was supposed to kill you, to make an example of you and prove myself to the others. And now I can't even get you to let me go!" She tugged, trying to free herself.

TAGs:Kaleesh-Cyborg
    OOC: This situation is too darn funny! lol!

14. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    This display is most amusing to the Kaleesh cyborg as Reiis first growls, then proceeds to yell at him. It only further concretes his viewpoint that though she is several ranks superior to him in the Sith order of things, she still has much to learn about survival.

Just to further irritate her, he brazenly sheathes his lightsabers and puts them away while she goes after his talons, trying to pry them loose. He merely looks down upon her frustrated efforts, hands clasped behind his back. Truthfully, he could let this go on forever for the sole purpose of self-entertainment.

"If you were a Jedi right now, you would be lost to the galaxy," he sighs, letting the amusement come through his voice, "Good thing they do not have allies like myself on their side, eh?"

He lets her struggle a bit longer, trying to wrestle his talons loose and he even takes a moment to check his comlink for messages as he stands there effortlessly keeping her from going anywhere. Finally, as she resorts to tugging again, he slowly looses his hold and, at the last minute, suddenly retracts his foot completely off her robes...

OOC- It is. I might have to sketch a comic of this little scene. XD

Sarge and Anakin.Skywalker like this.
  15. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis suddenly found herself tumbling back onto the ground, legs flying up in front of her a little at the momentum caused her roll backwards like a beetle. She let out a frustrated yell at him, just to get the point across how displeased she was. She was even more embarrassed at his display of nonchalance as she struggled to extract his talons.

Reiis let her limbs go limp. She was exhausted, humiliated, and defeated. Still splayed out on the ground, she looked at the cyborg from beneath her mask. "How about I teach you the Force, and you teach me to fight? What do you say?"

OOC: Brilliant, Kaleesh! Brilliant! You're so good at this!

16. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Grievance watches Reiis go sailing backwards and cringes as she hits the ground. Her frustrated yell does little to intimidate him as he just stands there, hands still clasped behind his back idly. If he were capable of expression, one would swear he is bearing the smuggest of smiles right now, reveling in the fact that he has proven to be a bit of a match for the near-underlord.

"I say I have no interest in the Force," he replies, examining his claws on one hand, "My opinion of it has not changed and I have no desire to utilize this infernally distracting curse I bear. Heaven knows it has tripped me up enough in combat already. As for my skill, I doubt it is anything you seek. It is Kaleesh close-combat; at its finest, but primitive to cultures such as yours. I know nothing of true lightsaber combat forms."

OOC- Thanks. I had a lot of fun writing that and you just rolled with it...literally. XD

17. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis scoffed. "How can you see it's power and not crave it?" She couldn't believe this dude. He clearly saw the advantages of the Force, but he still refused. It confused her to no one. "Why are you here?" She almost didn't expect an answer; it was more thinking aloud than anything else.

She thought about his last comment. He wasn't familiar with sabers forms, yet he was so good at using his sabers. She wondered about Kaleesh close combat. She'd have to research into that.

She lifted herself onto her elbows and looked at him. "If you won't accept on your own.....than I will show you." With a mere flick of her fingers, she sent a Force wave that she meant to send the cyborg up and away.

OOC: Still some fight left in Reiis!

18. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Grievance eyes Reiis indifferently. Why does she even care whether he uses the Force or not? How he chooses to fight is his business and no one else's. Her first question doesn't effect him much, but that second one...oh, that is a whole different matter, whether it warrants an answer or not.

"I am here because I have to be," he replies, which isn't much of an answer, "And as for power, I have plenty of my own to rely on and the honor of my culture to uphold. We are a dying race, but we will emerge victorious."

He narrows his eyes and reaches for his weapons as Reiis raises her hand, but all too late and it would have been in vain anyway as the Force builds around him to roll back and fling him several yards, where he lands hard on his side like debris falling from space. Skidding another yard or so, he employs his extra arms to lift himself into an animalistic posture, coughing and shaking his head to clear it as the dust settles around him.

"You just don't know when to quit, do you?" he growls, slowly rising, but with a bit of difficulty as the impact has stirred up his coughing again, "If you think I will be broken by the likes of you, you are sadly mistaken."

Of course, his statement of being broken is more a reference to breaking his will against the Force than it is to being broken in this fight. She may very well bring him down in battle fair and square, but there is no way she will break his stubborn will. Taking his cue to resume this duel, the metal warrior ignites his weapons once again and advances toward her in long, ground-consuming strides. He will bring down a barrage of blows on her as he had before.

19. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis was at first concerned that she had injured the cyborg, but he seemed alright, and was soon charging towards her. Reiis smiled. Despite everything, she respected him and admired his fighting skills. But he really needed to learn the ways of the Force if he wanted to survive with the Sith.

That was okay -- she would teach him.

Still resting on her elbows, she flicked her wrist yet again in his direction.

TAGS: @Kaleesh-Cyborg

20. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    IC: Darth Malevolence
    *A kaleesh steps into the building*
    "Anybody up for a duel?*Koff Koff*"

21. MandoA101

MandoA101 Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 2, 2016
    IC: Angel Gabriel

"I shall duel thou, O cursed creature of the dark. Thou hast betrayed thy honor, and must run thou through with his sacred Blade of St. Peter. Return to the depths of hell from whence thou came!" A blinding light was cast by God over the shoulder of Gaberiel directly into his foe's eyes.
    With one smooth motion, the Angel hefted his sword and began to chant, "The power of Christ compels you, the power of Christ compels you, the power of Christ compels you..."
    Angel Gabriel advanced towards his enemy.

Sarge likes this.
  22. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    OOC- *glances around warily* I'm guessing it might be okay to resume this duel?

IC- Injured, no. Irritated, yes. Grievance continues advancing on Reiis up until that point when she raises her hand again. She's used the Force so much on him now that he is becoming a bit gun-shy about it and he swiftly dodges to the side in an attempt to avoid whatever she intends to send his way.

If she thinks she can teach him anything other than how to be quick to avoid her attacks, she will be met with fierce resistance. He has survived for over three decades without tapping into the Force and he isn't about to start relying on it now.

23. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis was disappointed that Grievance dodged her force push. Disappointed, and a little alarmed, as it meant he was able to continue toward her. Which was fine, she would just broaden the attack. With another flick of her wrist, Reiis sent a Force Wave that was wide enough to prohibit him from jumping away....she hoped. She would have preferred to attack him with her lightsaber at this point, despite the fact that she was tired, but she was trying to prove a point. It might take a while, but she felt she would win in the end.

OOC: I think so. We can always pause if the Trials occur here or something.

24. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Pausing mid-stride as Reiis raises her hand again, the cyborg crouches slightly, readying himself to spring out of the way. He really should have opted to anchor himself though; he hadn't anticipated such a broad wave. As it rolls back over him, he reacts on the fly by plunging his lightsabers into the ground again, creating a remarkably destructive display as cobblestones overturn and shatter under his weapons.

As the wave passes and dies away, he straightens, cursing in Kaleesh as he shakes himself like a massive beast, ridding his armor of dust and debris that had flown up in the wake of his tooth-and-nail resistance. His patience is wearing thin and he is not bothering to try and mask it either.

"I grow tired of your reliance on this rubbish, Invadator," he growls dangerously, "But I am not about to concede to defeat. I will not be vanquished by invisible distance attacks."

And that will be the only warning Reiis gets before the cyborg takes a flying leap at her, talons first, and this time he doesn't appear to be reining in his landing. If she does not move and move quickly, he just might squash her. Not likely, due to the conditions agreed upon for this duel, but does Reiis really want to test this?

25. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis's eyes widened in surprise, fear, and awe as the cyborg leaped toward her, apparently with in the intent of landing on her. She wasn't expecting this, but she would work with it. Perhaps it was wrong of her to push the cyborg. Perhaps not.

Either way, she didn't have much time to react. Reiis rolled out of his reach, using the Force to push herself into a standing position, igniting her darksaber on the way up. At the instant her feet found traction on the cobblestones, she jumped at the cyborg, darksaber spinning, aiming for his flank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.