main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars RPF Lightsaber Combat thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarthKakarot, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    The ground erupts in dust and debris flying in all directions as roughly three hundred and fifty pounds of solid durasteel makes a violent landing, crouching low on impact like a pouncing predator. Grievance's yellow eyes betray a fiery temper that has been poked at by the Force a little too much for his liking today. His lightning-fast reflexes aid him in turning swiftly to guard his flank as Reiis makes a weapon-based attack there. That rumbling laugh returns as he locks blades with her, his gaze locked in every bit as much as his weapon.

"I see it takes drastic measures to shake you off your game," he chuckles darkly, "You proved wise in making haste to get out of my way, young one. Lord Ravenous might have seen fit to make a hideous gumbo out of your remains."

Seeking to break the lock so he can commence an attack, he draws himself back ever so slightly, shifting his weight to the foot set back and then lurches forward with the intent to give her a good shove back--a shove fit to rival a Force-push at that. Bound by his honor code, he will not seek to kill her, but he sure isn't out to play nice anymore either.

Tag: Anakin.Skywalker

2. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    IC: Reiis Invadator

Reiis's strike was met with Grievance's own, not surprising of course. Then he starts taunting her. First, making references to the fact that she is stubborn -- her fatal flaw, besides impulsiveness -- second, calling her...

Young One

There is little Reiis despises more than begin called "young." Enraged, she meets his lurch with a Force Push, swinging her darksaber heavily to push her lightsabers away and throwing up a metal leg to deliver a strong kick to whatever it happens to hit first. As an afterthought, she uses the Force to kick up a substantial amount of dirt around them, hopefully blinding him but leaving her vision unhampered behind the mask.

TAGS: Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg likes this.
  3. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    There is no questioning whether or not Grievance had chosen his words on purpose; the fact is, he did. He deliberately chose to use every word he had spoken in his taunt--especially the use of the term "young one". And yes, he is doing it intentionally to get on her nerves. To him, it's only fair. She's gotten on his nerves plenty today with her use of the Force. Call it an eye for an eye; or, more accurately, a nerve for a nerve.

The Force-push up against his surge forward is like like two rams butting heads, but the only one who suffers whiplash from it is Grievance. Fortunately, he is already anchored because of his intent to push Reiis out of the lock. The bad part is that the Force knocks him right upside the head, causing everything from the knees up to reel backwards.

He growls and shakes his ringing head, shifting his weight in preparation to just rush at his smaller opponent and throw her back. He hadn't been prepared for the follow-up kick she had initiated immediately after pushing him with the Force. Her foot connects with his side with a resounding clang of metal meeting metal. It doesn't necessarily hurt the cyborg, but because of his body being mostly mechanical, it reverberates through him with annoying intensity. Still, Force-enhanced or not, he would rather suffer a kick to his body than another blasted Force attack. That is, until she uses it to stir up a blinding cloud of dust around him that certainly doesn't help his coughing problem.

"So...you want to fight dirty, do you?" he coughs, relying on his other senses to pinpoint Reiis' position while his sight is obscured by the dust. He sets his lightsabers to spinning to protect himself in case she tries a sneak attack. Sensing where she is through warrior's instincts alone, he springs in that direction, positioned to slam two lightsabers down on her if his judgement is correct.

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  4. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

The Force Push had been more effective than Reiis had planned -- a little violent for a duel between allies. She made a mental note to not be so harsh, but then again he had made her angry, and she wasn't very good at controlling that. Reiis brought her mind back to the battle. Although she could not see Grievance nor his lightsabers, she heard both his voice and the hum of their weapons -- all spinning rapidly and closing the distance.

Remarkably, Grievance knew where she was even without the Force, though it wouldn't have surprised her if he had, in fact, called upon it subconsciously. Before she saw him, she had heard the incessant humming of his sabers cease, while the humming of her own continued. She should have broken the attack. But she did not.

Reiis's own spinning darksaber clipped his first downward-swinging lightsaber, but not enough to stop it. It was the second lightsaber that her darksaber made better contact with, hitting it off its course away from her body. But his first saber hit her shoulder -- a little bit to the right and it would have hit her metal arm.

Nope.

Despite the blades being on half-power, the swing was still very strong and it was still a lightsaber. Reiis let out a yell as she collapsed, partly from the force of the blow and partly from the pain. Her left hand covered the bleeding wound (as the saber wasn't hot enough to cauterize it completely); her right hand still clutching her darksaber.

5. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    To say Grievance had attacked blindly would not be entirely accurate, though not necessarily untrue either. It had been a gamble and usually he is not nearly so reckless. He's been known to be risky in some of the positions he chooses to hold in a fight, such as allowing himself injuries just to let an opponent make the mistake of underestimating him, but rarely is he reckless. While this move had been calculated, it just as well could have gone horribly wrong for him. Blinded by dust, he could have been impaled by a well-placed blade ready to meet the end of his pounce.

If his sense of where Reiis is has anything to do with the Force, Grievance is none the wiser. He wouldn't know how to utilize his Force abilities if his life depended on it, so if anything is attributed to it, it is completely accidental and unintentional. In any case, Reiis' cry of pain admittedly startles him. He hadn't realized his accuracy was that dead-on. He ceases his assault and takes a step back, his eyes betraying concern for a fleeting moment before they become unreadable again.

"This is why every action must be thought through, Invadator," he sighs, slightly winded. He looks upon her, not with pity or remorse; he looks upon her as he might a fellow warrior of his own people. "Force or no Force, you can easily set yourself up for defeat by simply not thinking ahead. In retrospect, I realized you might be rubbing off on me. I put myself in an extremely dangerous position in attempting a blind attack on you from above."

He sheathes his lightsabers as a gesture that he is shifting to a neutral stance, unwilling to commence another attack unless Reiis shows that she wishes to continue. He may behave like a savage beast more often than not, but he is quick to mind his manners when he has to. It is perhaps an even exchange: he is secretly trying to teach her to be less impulsive while she is setting him up to see that perhaps he really could benefit from utilizing his gift.

6. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

The ground was uncomfortable, so Reiis sat up. The flow of blood has stopped, and luckily so, because Reiis hadn't been looking forward to cauterizing it completely with a full-power blade. She was grateful that Grievance had halted his attack, but that was just the kind of warrior he was: intent, yet honorable. Reiis let go of the wound and pushed herself to a standing position, letting her blade turn off and clipping the saber to her belt. Grievance's words were true, she knew, but she was reluctant to accept them. It was her impulsive nature that often gave her an edge over other opponents, who weren't as willing to try daring, stupid moves as Reiis would. And they had usually paid off.

"Yes," she said, thinking about his words. "Yes, you're right." There was nothing more to say, and so she said no more. Rolling her shoulder back, Reiis gauged she would be okay to continue the fight. The wound had been painful, but it hadn't been serious. Reiis ignited her darksaber as she took a step back, resolving to be more careful in her attacks.

Perhaps this Kaleesh Warrior could teach her something...

7. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    It would seem that the two warriors, one full of zeal and knowledge of the Force and the other bound by honor and full of knowledge from a life on the battlefront, share a common stubbornness to relinquish what works for them. Reiis hasn't yet found a good enough reason to hesitate in throwing caution to the wind and neither has Grievance found a good enough reason to submit to his own power. Funny how, in spite of the obvious differences between them, their spirits seem to mirror one another.

As Reiis rises, the cyborg does not need to question her well-being or ask if she is all right; her ignited weapon is all the answer he needs. She is about as ready to forfeit as he is, which really means there is a better chance of Mustafar freezing over. Igniting two of his own weapons once again, he lowers his stance slightly and proceeds to circle, intent on testing her resolve.

"Let us see how much you think before you act this time," he growls softly. It isn't a taunt, but it is a challenge bearing an encrypted message: Reiis has become predictable to him. He can wager that she will engage in the most death-defying, gutsy, bizarre fighting tactics and she will execute them in impulsive haste. He has shaken her off her game a couple of times already; now he is challenging her to shake him off his. "Make what is left of this duel interesting, Invadator."

8. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis watches Grievance as he circles, wary of making any unplanned move. He has presented her with a challenge, and a visceral impulse commands that she accept it. Of course, when it came to challenges and dares, when did it not?

What concerns her most is that she has perhaps become predictable in an odd way. She doesn't know how that could have happened, but the Kaleesh seems to have figured her out. But she knows him, too, at least to some degree, which brings her some assurance.

Her first thought was to make a simple move, thrusting her darksaber towards the Kaleesh. Reiis worked on a follow-up move. Yeah, this wasn't working for her. How the heck was she supposed to know what to do after that?

At a loss for techniques, words, and forethought, Reiis took a lunging step forward, thrusting her darksaber at her opponent, hoping dearly that the offensive move was simple enough to not get her in any more trouble.

OOC: :D

9. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Grievance can see that he has put Reiis in a bind here and he is a bit surprised that his challenge has stalled her out this much. Thinking outside of his own experience, it makes sense that she might have a hard time of this. A lifetime of war will make a thinker and a survivor out of anyone, but she hasn't experienced life in the same way that he has. She is fortunate on so many levels, yet...not so fortunate. They live in a time tumultuous with war; it is not a time to be unprepared to survive. If they are truly allies, perhaps it would be for the best to make an honest effort to help one another; however, he hesitates because of their differences in ranks. He is an underling up against her where Sith rank and file is concerned.

He scowls a bit as she makes a slightly skittish thrust at him, which he parries with little concern. He knows she can do far better than that. If she could link her spontaneity with foresight, she would have a definite advantage in a duel. It is then he decides to take a chance on offering to share his fighting experience.

"I know I am inferior to you in rank," he states cautiously, trying to be diplomatic--not necessarily his strong suit. He locks his blade against hers as he speaks in hopes of stalling the duel for a moment so that she understands he is meaning what he says. "But if I may offer a bit of advice to perhaps strengthen your skill?"

Realistically, he knows he has little grounds to request that she take any advice from him, a neophyte who had vehemently refused to take any of her advice when she had attempted to persuade him to use the Force. To him, this is a bit different though. He sees no potential within himself to deem it necessary to use the Force, but he sees the type of warrior Reiis could be, whether she uses the Force or not.

10. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

If Reiis hadn't know how pathetic her little offense had been, the ease with which Grievance deflected it rubbed it in even more. Reiis scowled, and Grievance quickly locked blades with her. But for now, it seemed, he was going to talk.

He begins by acknowledging the difference in their ranks, surprising Reiis, as she had not thought about it for a while. She almost forgot she was nearly and Underlord, and he a "mere" neophyte. If sparring skills were the determining factor, their ranks would be switched. Easily.

So...he wanted to give her advice. At this point, she was willing. Pressing firmly on the lock, Reiis replied calmly "The difference in our rank matters no longer. You have proven yourself." Her arms strained from holding the lock for so long. "As for advice, well..." Reiis pause. Was she really doing this? Accepting advice from an "underling"? She was disgusted with herself. "What do you suggest?"

TAGs: Kaleesh-Cyborg

11. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Surprised that Reiis is not only willing to hear him out, but that she also no longer takes into account the gap in their respective ranks, Grievance eases up on the lock, allowing himself to be pushed back slightly as a neutral act to buffer anything that may come across as an attack in his words. Reiis is a proud character and he knows this. He also knows one has to use a certain amount of tact to get a proud character to actively listen without feeling like they are being attacked or criticized.

"When you fight, think beyond the move you plan to make," he replies, his intense gaze locked on her, hoping she will understand, "If I know how you behave in combat and we have been fighting each other the same amount of time, then you know how I behave as well. The difference between you and I is that I have been trained to constantly think with the mind of my opponent; you seem to only consider your attack and nothing more, but you have observed me in combat long enough to know my tactics. Everyone has a pattern. You have to think 'If I do this, he is most likely to do this'. Know your enemy, Invadator, and you will control the fight."

On that final note, he pushes into the lock again and takes it further with a hard shove in an attempt to push her completely out of the lock and force her onto the defensive. Having spoken his peace, he is giving her an opportunity to put his advice into action, but the choice is hers alone to make.

12. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis listens carefully to his words, noting not only the message he intended to convey but also how carefully he spoke. She senses that every single action he makes and word he speaks has a clear purpose -- even when he eases up on the lock -- but she cannot determine what his reasoning is. But it had its intended effect, and that's what mattered.

"But how am I supposed to think of all that when I'm trying to kill someone?" she asks, slightly exasperated. She wasn't used to this method of fighting. All she had known to ever do was....well....attack.

Yet with the rare opportunity to try this new idea on someone who she knew wouldn't kill her, what was the harm in trying? Reiis sidestepped the lock, batting his lightsaber away with her own saber. If she lunged at him, as she had several times before, she would either injure herself or put herself in a dangerous position in which she'd....yep, be injured.

Not knowing what better to do, Reiis jumped back and held her darksaber up defensively. Disappointment with herself set in.

"Well...that was as far forward as I could think."

13. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Grievance--who is simply not any good at being phony--can't help but roll his eyes at Reiis' question. She reminds him of so many zealous Kaleesh warriors in training, it is almost humorous. A little reflection on his part reminds him that he had once thought along the same lines; it was all about the number of kills. His parents had taught him better than that when he was still very young.

"That is where your perception is misguided," he replies, watching her intently as she tries applying his suggestion, "The objective of a fight should not ultimately be to walk away the victor. Although this should be a priority, one of equal importance should be to take something away from every fight--besides the victory. Learn something new from every opponent. If you like it, adapt your own fighting style to accommodate what you like. That is how I developed my skill and it is an ongoing process. I plan to take many techniques to my grave with me--as many as I can get."

As though to prove his point, he makes an attack mimicking her style--confident, aggressive, and unrelenting. As Reiis moves to a defensive position--exactly what he had aimed to push her into--he pauses his advance. His eyes alone are unreadable as he lacks the ability of facial expression.

"And that is exactly where you need to be," he chuckles, "The best offense is a good defense. You can force your opponent to attack first and make them vulnerable instead of you having to become vulnerable yourself. It gives you an element of control in battle. Now...hold that thought."

All at once, he resumes his advance, attacking first, which is generally out of character for him in a fight. He prefers to hold a defense and let his opponent attack first, then come back with a carefully calculated counterattack. He is willing to relinquish this favored position though if it means teaching another the same advantage. He comes in low with a sideways attack, still challenging Reiis to think fast and try to outwit him.

Anakin.Skywalker and Darth_Elu like this.
  14. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Although she is at first confused by his answer, Reiis understands what Grievance is saying. Every battle is to be used as a learning experience -- something by which the victor can grow and perhaps even change his or her skills. Reiis's mind automatically rejects the idea of changing her style, but yet she was taking his advice, was she not? Perhaps she would understand the benefit of listening. For once.

Grievance comes in suddenly with an uncharacteristically aggressive attack, startling Reiis for a moment. But just as quickly, he pauses to express approval of her defensive stance.

"The best offense is a good defense. You can force your opponent to attack first and make them vulnerable instead of you having to become vulnerable yourself. It gives you an element of control in battle."

He resumes the attack, coming in low and to the side.

But for a moment, Reiis's mind isn't there. His words sink into her mind. She understands now -- the beauty of it...the power...the advantage. Absently, she wonders how she never saw it before. How stupid of her. How.....shortsighted. Moments earlier..just moments..she was convinced that it was either her style or his. How wrong she was.

A smile creeps across her lips and she glances up at Grievance. Right before his blade makes contact, she flips backwards over the saber, landing solidly on the cobblestones. "Here's where the Force comes in!" she announces with unfettered excitement as she charges the Kaleesh. Using the Force, she sends a push with her left hand so that his blade will swing farther than he planned. Not to injure him, of course...just to get it out of the way. With her right, she swings her darksaber at his exposed side, feet ready to spring back into a defensive position, left hand ready with the Force.

TAGs: Kaleesh-Cyborg
    OOC: So....it seems as if Reiis has discovered how to mix defensive maneuvers with harsh attacks. [face_thinking] Grievance is teaching her well!

15. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    While Grievance may not appear to crave power in the sense that is something of a Sith signature, he has a pretty solid grasp on how to obtain it in battle and he has a wealth of strategies to draw from to get it, regardless of whom his opponent is. It is clear that he sees Reiis as a true ally if he is willing to share the foundational strategy he uses in every fight, proving that perhaps somewhere within that intimidating metal shell, there is some trust hidden away.

Of course, he is not ignorant of the fact that he has set himself up to be Force-pushed around and he still hates that with a passion, but he will tolerate it for the sake of aiding an ally. He barely refrains from cringing with disdain when Reiis announces that she is about to utilize her powers and combine them with the newly-discovered tactics of the Kaleesh. He braces himself reflexively, but his attempt is futile against the Force as his blade is directed in an exaggerated strike that almost looks like an overcompensated swing. Sparks fly from his steel-plated side as she does a follow-up strike on him, not enough to cause any real damage or injury of course, but he does feel the bite of the mildly heated blade, emitting a low growl instinctively.

Utilizing the earlier Force-push that had misdirected his strike to his advantage, he lets the momentum of the swing carry him into a 360 turn, coming back around to attempt a counter strike at Reiis' back while it is exposed. Remaining silent now, he is going to challenge her to keep thinking it through until this becomes the deadly dance that is the nature of the duelist.

OOC- And Heaven help him if it backfires. XD

16. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis hadn't expected him to come back around, but that was okay. She understood how it worked now, and she was ready.

Flipping her darksaber into a horizontal position above her head as a shield, Reiis ducked just in time for Grievance's saber to sail harmlessly over her head. Springing back up into a standing position, Reiis swung down yet again at his again-exposed side, but this time jumping slightly behind him to get out of his view. She couldn't help but find the new techniques she was using fun. It was a much superior method of fighting, and she absently regretted all the previous duels she had been in where it had gone unused.

But there was no time for thoughts of the past. The duel was now, and Reiis was thoroughly enjoying herself.

17. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Taking another hit to his side, Grievance decides to up the stakes a little. He can't let her get too confident now, can he? No. That wouldn't be prudent; not to him anyway. Growling as the second hit stings a little more than the first, he switches his method of attack and reverts back to unorthodox techniques. As Reiis strikes and moves slightly behind him, he swings his leg back to strike out with his talons, aiming for her legs. If he catches hold of her, his next course of action will be to pitch her forward from underneath him.

He can sense that a new fire has been sparked in the soul of the rebellious dark one. He has been the one to ignite that spark many times among his own people by using these same methods of teaching. Perhaps this is his reason for being this willing to reveal this secret art of war; deep down, he misses the spirit of comradery that had thrived on his home world in spite of the war that tore it asunder.

As for his feelings on the current matter, this is the type of fighting he lives for; the duel that is as much of a mental battle as it is a physical one. A deadly chess match where one seeks to outwit and outmaneuver the other. It cannot be adequately described by words alone. The only way to understand it is to experience it as Reiis is now.

18. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

A bystander might have told you Reiis was having too much fun, and that would probably be the truth. Reiis was having a blast. This is something totally different from what she's used to, but she's fully embracing it.

Her last organized thought was wondering why Grievance wasn't lifting his lightsaber.

Reiis felt a sudden tug at her legs. Her head whipped down and she was shocked to see talons gripping her legs. The next visual that flashed before her eyes was the sky. It was bright blue. The sun blazed overhead in bright, yellowish white hues, and there were white wisps of clouds. Although clouds, per say, were visible, they did nothing to block the sun. The said wisps weren't moving, either, for there was little wind.

A flash of tan-grey color passed above her. A cloak briefly smacked her face. The sky was visible again.

Reiis lay there for a moment before reality began registering again. It was hot. Yes. Very hot. Her back and her head hurt. Very much so. It was bright. But her mask dimmed the light, so it wasn't too bad. She lifted her arm -- the metal one. At least that one worked. She tried her other and her legs. They worked, too, fortunately. Reiis rolled herself onto her stomach, and crawled/pushed her way into a standing position.

"Wasn't expecting that one."

TAGS:Kaleesh-Cyborg

19. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    IC: Grand Jedi Master Celice Tunaqua entered the arena in hopes of getting some practice with her blade. It had been quite some time since she had dueled.

OOC: Anyone want to duel?

Tag: Anyone

20. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Of all the flashy, intimidating, unorthodox moves Grievance can make, he finds great amusement in being able to use his talons to pull sneaky stunts like this. It is often the last thing his opponents think to watch for--even after they have already experienced his capabilities. Reiis is a prime example of this as he executes a similar move on her that he had done earlier, only this isn't nearly so violent or forceful. To him, it's almost as humorous as when he had stepped on her cloak only to let her go flying when she least expected it.

"Apparently not," he replies in calm amusement as he looks down on Reiis, hands clasped idly behind his back, both still grasping the hilts of his sheathed lightsabers. "No matter. It seems you have grasped the concept of anticipation and the vital role it plays in combat. Keep it in mind every time you enter the battlefield. Know your enemy; anticipate his responses and reactions; never become so focused on how you will attack that you forget to pay attention to how your foe will counterattack. You must have knowledge tethered to your zealousness. Zeal without knowledge is passion without power."

One might find it strange how Grievance obviously takes his own words to heart as he lives them in combat, but he refuses to couple his knowledge with the Force within him. There is no denying that he would be hell on wheels if he would utilize his power. It's enough to raise a lot of questions. How can he be content with his self-imposed limitations? The truth is, he sees no limitations. He just doesn't see what he needs the Force for, which is why he is perfectly content with his current arrangements.

"Assuming you are still good to fight," he shrugs, drawing and igniting his weapons again, "I am willing to tolerate further practice from you."

21. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis steadied herself and reached for her darksaber, but it was gone. She padded her belt and the folds of her cloak...as if her saber could have gotten lost in them.

There! It was laying, waiting, on the ground where she'd been forcibly removed. She smiled, and called it to her. Igniting it upon receipt, Reiis crouched at the knees, darksaber before her as she circled the Kaleesh.

"Now, my warrior friend, it is time I returned the favor."

22. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Grievance is tempted to put his foot down on her darksaber and interfere with her method of retrieval simply out of spite because he doesn't like it, but he decides to behave himself, letting her regain her weapon in a way that he almost admits would be rather convenient. Almost.

"Return the favor?" he inquires, his eyes betraying confusion as to what she could possibly mean by this. He assumes she's about to attempt revenge for his nasty little trick of literally yanking her legs out from under her and, though she has her saber drawn, he anticipates retaliation by way of the Force as he knows that she has learn that this, above all else, aggravates the hell out of him.

"Very well, Invadator," he sighs, putting his guard up in stance, "Let is see this...favor...of yours."

23. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Grievance had taught Reiis skills that could save her life one day, and she intended to do the same for him -- willing or not. She had been skeptical herself at first, but she overcame it and was sure he would, too. She paused her circling for a moment and reached out to Grievance with the Force. She didn't electrocute him or probe his mind. She merely touched it -- a gentle, friendly, touch to let him know she was there.

"I know you can feel it," she said, simply. "And I can feel you resist it. Let go of the pointless hatred for it. It is a gift, not a curse. Use it."

Reiis disconnected the touch. Standing up straight, she clipped her darksaber to her belt and let her arms fall to her sides.

"Push me over. Go on...give me a good shove. I'm sure there's some part of you that wants to."

24. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    OOC- *frowns at all the typos in last post for Grievance* Stupid smartphone. *stabs autocorrect function with lightsaber*

IC- Grievance had expected to be, for lack of a better term, bullied, by Reiis' Force powers, so to say he is caught off guard by what she actually does is a vast understatement. He looks startled for a split second before he shakes his head in annoyance. He can feel it all right--that nuisance ringing that pulses through his mind each and every time someone taps into the power while in close proximity to him. He would be unwilling to admit it, but he can sense something different about the unseen action; not that he likes it any more than he would if she were to push him or blast him with electricity. He takes a step back from Reiis as though putting this much more distance between them will make a difference. If he weren't so unpredictably temperamental, his reaction might actually be funny.

"I feel nothing," he replies with a stubborn scowl, folding his arms over his chest, "I am a war machine, engineered to intimidate and designed to destroy. I do not need the curse of distraction following me into battle."

The sad fact is, if the Kaleesh were to be honest with himself, to feel something that isn't aggressive or threatening is an experience that has been lost to him since he lost his original body. He can feel pain through his cybernetics; he can feel touch, but it is only so that he can survive. He must feel pain in order to escape damage; he must have a sense of touch in order to grasp and wield weapons. The touch of a friend is something he will never experience again and this is an instance where he is almost tempted to embrace the Force if only for that purpose alone. But again, almost.

"I do not need the aid of the Force to push you," he scoffs in a chuckle, "We both know I could shove you into next Thursday with little effort on my part and, as much fun as that would be for me, I do not see any point in shoving you at this time."

25. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis's shoulders slumped in defeat, her hand upon her hips. "I know you can," she replied defiantly. She wasn't going to let him ignore his way around using the Force. She simply wouldn't let him. Again, Reiis touched his mind with the force -- still just as gentle and friendly, but a little stronger. She pictured a flower in her mind. If Grievance was used to war, then she would convince him with kinder things. Reiis was a cyborg herself, but she still remembered what it was like to be whole.

She spoke to him calmly, quietly. "Tell me, my friend, what am I thinking about?"

OOC: Honestly, I missed them.[face_shhh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.