main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars RPF Lightsaber Combat thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarthKakarot, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    It would seem they have gone from dueling sabers to dueling wills with almost equal levels of stubbornness. Again, Grievance sidles a step further from Reiis as though trying to keep her--and her Force powers--at arm's length. As she tries to get him to tap into her thoughts, he winces as though receiving a static shock.

Flowers? he thinks to himself, What the--?

As she asks him to reveal his knowledge as to what she is thinking about, he feels severely put on the spot. He is, after all, a brutally honest individual, but that's not to say he is above avoiding the truth--especially if he is being asked to admit to something he really wants no part in, i.e. the Force.

"I do not really care what you are thinking," he replies grouchily, "Are we going to continue this duel or what?"

Tag: Anakin.Skywalker
    OOC- I have got to find the time to sketch some of these duel scenes we've done. It just cracks me up picturing this stuff. XD

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  2. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    IC: Reiis Invadator

He saw, and he did a poor job of hiding that fact. "Don't dodge the question," Reiis responded, a hint of admonishment in her voice. Perhaps she was going about this whole thing the wrong way. Perhaps if she could not persuade him, she could compel him.

"But we can continue, if you insist." She'd have to convince him it was too useful in dueling to not use. Reiis took a moment to think. Grievance was too skilled of a fighter to really need the Force, but he also relied heavily on his lightsabers. If she could take those, he would have no choice but to use the Force as a weapon. She clipped her darksaber on her belt.

Reiis extended both arms, and pulled on all four of his lightsabers with the Force. Those he was not currently holding would be easy to take, but those he was holding would be a problem. Her head began to throb as she focused on the sabers. With as hard as she was concentrating, you'd think she was trying to pull the thoughts out of his mind, but she didn't want to risk failure.

TAGS: Kaleesh-Cyborg
    OOC: Yes, there's been some really funny moments. :)

Kaleesh-Cyborg likes this.
  3. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    The Kaleesh cyborg scowls as Reiis catches him in the act of trying to skirt around her question that directly targets his Force abilities. Clearly, this is making him uncomfortable as he tries to direct things back toward what he is comfortable with--fighting.

Of course, he isn't counting on Reiis trying to take his weapons from him. He winces as the Force becomes active on a new level, but by the time he realizes what Reiis is up to, the lightsabers attached to his hips are already on their way into her hands. Irritated beyond measure at this, he gets even more aggravated when he feels the kinetic pull on the weapons in his hands.

"Oh, no you don't!" he growls, wrapping his steel fingers tightly around the hilts of his lightsabers, "Nobody disarms Grievance Vexx. Especially with that cursed Force power."

The Force is not something he can bodily resist very well though and the fact is proven when he has to anchor his talons to keep himself from being pulled because he refuses to let go of his weapons. Reiis may very well have to break his hands off with the Force to get those away from him.

4. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis was genuinely surprised that Grievance maintained a hold on her sabers. Luckily, she had succeeded in taking two -- which obediently clipped themselves to her belt -- but she needed the others to corner him into using the Force.

"You will not always have your weapons!" she growled, teeth clenched with the effort she was making with the Force. She felt bad for making him angry and uncomfortable, and she certainly didn't want to hurt him, but she believed he must learn regardless.

Still pulling as hard as she could possibly pull, Reiis closed her eyes, the image of an anchored Grievance tugging back on his sabers clear in her mind. Slowly, she conjured the image of his hands letting go. The sabers slipping in his grasp.... With luck, that was actually happening. She pulled harder, muscles straining with effort, her arms shaking with exhaustion.

With Affect Mind, she tried to coax Grievance into at least lessening his grip. "Let go" she whispered. "I'm trying to help you."

5. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Chalk it up to his insufferable stubborn nature, enabling Grievance to fight her pull on his weapons. It certainly isn't an easy feat to accomplish, but he is getting angry and it doesn't help that the Force is now ringing at an annoyingly high frequency in his head. It only fuels his determination to resist.

"You think I haven't already had such an experience?" he growls, his voice as strained as Reiis' as he fights her Force-pull, "I do not need my weapons, but I will not just let you take what is mine away from me."

This right here is a matter of pride--the pride that comes with being an accomplished warrior. He has worked hard for everything he has and he will not surrender it easily. Of course, apart from trying to ignore the effects of the Force, he has no knowledge of how to properly resist it. Needless to say, he is powerless to fight Reiis' telepathic persuasion and he does eventually relax his grip, though it is completely against his conscious will and when he helplessly watches his weapons leave his hands, it leaves him outraged and slightly confused. He honestly has no idea what has just occurred here.

"What the--?" he mutters, looking down rather comically at his empty hands before growling dangerously at Reiis, "Very funny, Invadator. Hilarious. Any more tricks before I pulverize you for that one?"

6. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis smiled slightly, pleased it worked but ashamed she had done it. She would make up for it; teach him how to resist and wield the Force. Make a proper Sith of him, in other words.

"Now," she said as she clipped the other lightsabers to her belt -- which was getting pretty full with four lightsabers and a darksaber -- and stepped back. "Take them. Take back what is rightfully yours." She smiled. She could feel his anger, and it made him powerful.

"With the Force."

TAGs: Kaleesh-Cyborg
    OOC: Thanks for going along with that. :)

7. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    If there was ever a way to really stick it to Grievance, this is a pretty good tactic. Two of the four lightsabers had once belonged to his father, so they hold a fairly high position on his list of prized possessions. The other two that Reiis had taken first are ones he had earned from his own clashes with Jedi and are important to him, though not nearly as high in personal value as the ones once wielded by the renowned General Grievous.

As Reiis challenges him to take them back, he crouches in a beastly stance, like a wolf ready to spring on its prey. Oh, he will take them back all right; and he will send Reiis into orbit on the end of his talons for having the audacity to take them from him in the first place--with that blasted Force power, no less! But just when he is about to pounce, those three words issue from Reiis' mouth.

"With the Force."

All at once, that savage wolf takes on the expression of a confused pup who has just been put on a leash for the first time. This is so miserably unfair! How dare she have the unmitigated gall to corner him like this! His confused expression giving way to frustrated rage, he takes to pacing, a low growl rumbling in his chest as his cloak snaps with each rapid three-sixty turn he makes.

"What is it with you wanting me to use the Force?" he demands, cursing in Kaleesh before continuing, "It is a useless distraction to me and I do not need it. I have survived three decades and thirty-six months without ever touching it and I plan to live out whatever time I have left without using it. Now give me those lightsabers before I hurt you."

One might find it funny that he doesn't just brutally take his lightsabers back by whatever means necessary other than the Force, but subconsciously or not, Grievance adheres to certain rules that link with his upbringing and Reiis has changed the rules. Not only that, but Reiis is an ally who has changed the rules and, at the moment, Grievance is so outraged, he is wishing Reiis wasn't an ally so he could deal with her properly.

OOC- No problem. I'm having fun watching this unfold. :D

8. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis stood, watching and listening to Grievance. On the one hand, she felt a pang of guilt for cornering him. On the other, she was glad he paused. He was thinking about it, perhaps even just a little, and that was progress. He was an ally, and she would teach him what she could offer -- in the ways of the Force, Grievance was sorely lacking and this left a lot for him to learn.

She watched him pace discontentedly -- what a sore understatement of his state! -- and was slightly amused that he did not attack her. She thought for a moment before she answered his question, smiling at his ending threat.

"Because you have potential. A lot of potential. You're already a very skilled fighter, and the Force would only improve your skills, not to mention add so many more to your arsenal. It would hone your concentration and senses, too. It's not just an offensive weapon. You'll be able to see the distant future, know something's about to happen before it actually does. You would even be able to see through things, around corners...it's nearly limitless." Well, perhaps it wasn't limitless, but that was the extent of Reiis's admiration for the Force. "And I like you," she added. As much as Grievance had annoyed her in the beginning of their duel and as different as they were, they were both horribly stubborn Force sensitives of the Sith Empire. Not only that, Grievance had proved his competence and skill, and Reiis respected that.

"Consider it a reciprocal gift," she said after a few moments, "For teaching me something that could save my life, I will return your favor."

9. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Muttering presumably in Kaleesh and it's likely not a word of it is anything nice, Grievance continues to pace in aggravation. His mind is pacing every bit as much as his body is, trying to come up with some way out of this--any way other than submitting to whatever cursed power he supposedly possesses. It's abundantly clear that he hates this; the situation, the feeling of being cornered, the Force.

"Potential," he spits in annoyance, though he does listen--begrudgingly--as Reiis lists the benefits to succumbing to the Force. Not that it changes his opinion or his mind very much.

"It is too late to have any advantage in seeing into the future," he replies with the slightest touch of sadness as he adopts a less aggressive manner, clasping his hands behind his back and turning away, "There is likely nothing worth seeing there and anyone I might have cared to save from future suffering is dead and gone."

He shakes his head as he realizes he is exposing a side of himself he really doesn't care to show, turning back to face Reiis in annoyance again. Annoyance that abruptly changes to surprise as she says a phrase he has not heard since he had been transformed into the metal monstrosity that stands before her now.

"How can you like me?" he asks incredulously as though this is the craziest thing he has ever heard, "I nearly planted your body in the ground! I stepped on your cloak and took great pleasure in watching your feeble attempts to free yourself and I took even greater pleasure in letting you go sailing on your own momentum and you like me? Perhaps I smashed you on the ground a bit harder than I originally intended, acolyte."

It might seem as though Reiis has taken his advice in fighting and applied it to her ability to negotiate as well, for she is choosing her words carefully and they are words that apply to his background and culture. She is seeking to exchange one trade for another--her knowledge in return for his. It is impolite to deny such an offer and a right, but acceptance goes so personally against his grain. She has effectively trapped the brash cyborg between a rock and a hard place and he knows it.

"Very well," he sighs with a roll of his eyes, "I will tolerate this...favor...for a very limited time. I fear I may become murderous if I have to dabble in this nonsense for too long. The ringing in my mind drives me insane. What is it you are so relentlessly bent on teaching me, Invadator?"

10. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis listens closely for cues that he is becoming more receptive to her ideas, but she doesn't get much. Grievance is still just as stubborn and unwilling to learn. Disappointed, but not deterred, she listens as he exposes a little bit of his past. Hardly anything, but it's clear he has been through quite a bit. Reiis is silent for a moment, thinking about the Force's ability to see into the future. Even though it does grant those powers, it's difficult to use and it doesn't always work.

She remains silent as he continues, remembering the time when she unwittingly saw her own grotesquely mutilated future, and was no wiser as to what to do about it. It had been too late, anyway...

She snapped back from her musings when Grievance can't comprehend her next statement, even laughing a little when he makes the comment about throwing her to the ground harder than he thought. "Well I didn't like you then," she retorted. "But you're not too bad now. I don't know...you're rather likeable."

He continues, and what he says she didn't expect in the least.

"Very well, I will tolerate this...favor...for a very limited time. I fear I may become murderous if I have to dabble in this nonsense for too long. The ringing in my mind drives me insane. What is it you are so relentlessly bent on teaching me, Invadator?"

Reiis could have shouted in triumph, but she didn't. Of course not; how undignified. She was overjoyed that he finally accepted....finally!!!! Now she could teach him.

"Great," she said. "We'll have no need for these, then" she said as the levitated the lightsabers and her darksaber into the stands. "I'll teach you to fight with the Force." She was so pleased, she practice bounced as she closed the gap between her and the cyborg, standing about a foot away from him.

"Now, push me to the ground."

11. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    The battle-hardened cyborg rolls his eyes again as Reiis deems him a likable character. This Sith girl truly is a strange one. He can't help but feel he must tread with caution here. They may be allies, but his past experiences have proven that even allies can be treacherous, hence his hesitancy to trust at all. He regards her with an unamused expression until she uses the Force to move their weapons out of reach, then comes the growling and the bristling again--his aggravated response to his own Force sensitivity. How he wishes it were removable! He had even asked his medical droid if there was some sort of surgery that could be done to destroy it. EV-A4-D had told him it was not possible and, after committing hours of his time to research, Grievance had come up with nothing to prove the droid wrong and so had resigned to fighting it.

"Those had better not get stolen by some little creep Jawa that has no business wandering around here," he growls at Reiis, speaking of his relocated lightsabers, "You think I am irritable now? You haven't seen anything yet."

He blinks at her in an "are you serious?" manner as she instructs him to push her to the ground. What is she thinking? He doesn't need lightsabers or the Force to do that. One good kick from a powerful talon-bearing foot and she will hit the ground. He knows better though. Despite the temptation to be a jerk and exploit the loophole here, he knows she is meaning for him to do it through the Force. And he is none too happy about it.

"That is stupid," he replies tactlessly, speaking his mind in a most politically incorrect way, "I do not need to Force to push you down. I have already proven this. Aside from that, I do not even know how to execute that type of hocus-pocus."

So much for progress. This might be one step forward and two steps back, but at least he hasn't hauled off and kicked her...yet.

12. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis very much expected to be shoved to the ground unceremoniously by one of his feet, and was quite relieved when no such movement was made. She had expected that he'd at least try to use the Force. Nope, not going to happen.

She sighed, hooking her thumbs on her now-free belt and trying to think of the right way to persuade him as he grumbled about the Force. As all apprentices had to be instructed, she would have to spell out the steps one by one.

"Close you eyes," she began. "Or don't, if you're too bent out of shape for that, but it makes it easier." She paused, thinking about the next logical step. "Imagine me being pushed back or down or whatever by an invisible Force. That's what I did to take your lightsabers. I just imagined it and I happened. Reach out with the Force. Stop fighting it, and it will work on its own."

Reiis stood, bracing herself for a fall, hoping he'd finally listen.

13. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    At least Grievance is proving that he can mind his manners when it is required. He doesn't like it though. He would much rather grab her with his foot and fling her into the neighboring star system than to tolerate this schooling. His eyes alone reveal that he is deeply annoyed, but the fact that he is refraining from uncivilized behavior is almost funny.

He heaves an exaggerated sigh rather like a child being told to do their homework as Reiis tries to set him up to properly activate his own powers. Of course, closing his eyes is out of the question. His trust issues won't allow him to do that. It's fortunate enough that he does get tired enough to sleep once in a while. He regards Reiis with a suspicious glare as she tries to guide him in what to do. It all seems silly to him, but fair is fair. This is an exchange of skill after all, so he begrudgingly humors her in envisioning her being shoved to the ground. He actually pictures what he would like to do with his foot if one were to want the details of his mental imagery.

But just when it seems like something might actually happen, he reacts as though the Force itself has backfired on him, cringing back in a startled way and shaking his head as though something has hit him. In truth, it is that inner sense of the Force being activated--something he is terribly unfamiliar with--and it spooks him. Whether Reiis detects anything from this very small step remains to be seen, but for Grievance's part, he has abruptly stopped because of it being so foreign to him.

14. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis ignored Grievance's protests, and hoped he would just listen and do as he was instructed. He didn't close his eyes after all, but that wasn't really a surprise to her. Reaching out with the Force, Reiis searched for the signature concentration of a budding Force maneuver. There was nothing....wait, no! Something! Small but existent, it gathered more and more strength. Reiis smiled, ready for the blow.

And then it stopped. Reiis looked at Grievance, confused and quite disappointed. "What the heck what that about? You had it!" She isn't angry, just a little defeated, and it leaves her wondering what she's going to do next. "Well, at least you know how to use it."

"Try again."

15. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Grievance snarls at the mild scolding from Reiis as he retreats from what he had barely tapped into. It seems so unnatural and, to him, it feels like loss of control, which is something he cannot afford. He knows how to control himself and does so fairly well despite his savage nature. Not only that, but he also knows how to control a fight, which is what he has taught Reiis. The Force is something completely different and it effectively rocks him out of his comfort zone--which, incidentally, isn't very spacious to begin with.

"Exactly!" he snaps back at Reiis, "I almost had it and I do not want it! How many times do I have to tell you that?!"

He growls as Reiis tells him to try again. He certainly doesn't want to. He barely touched the Force and already he has had enough. The only thing that holds him to this deal is the fact that Reiis wants to return the favor of teaching. He only wishes she would have wanted to teach him something else. Heck, he would take up sewing over learning to use the Force!

"Very well," he grumbles irritably, "But I do not like this and I am having a difficult time figuring out what it is you like about this."

Still looking horribly unenthused about these arrangements, he tries to go back to where he was mentally when he had triggered the odd sensation that had spooked him. Perhaps it would be easier if he did close his eyes. Doubtful. He doesn't like the idea at all, but maybe he will be less skittish that way. He knows his other senses are enough to keep him out of trouble should someone try anything funny while he isn't looking, so he's not really concerned about that. With little left to lose, he hesitantly reaches for the Force...

16. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Good...he was trying again. That was exactly what Rei--

A blast -- an surprisngly powerful blast -- sent Reiis flying back and up away from Grievance, an involuntary shriek escaping her mouth as she was flung backwards. She fell hard on the cobblestone-laden ground, too surprised to even attempt to cushion the fall. Reiis shot up into sitting position, adrenaline rushing, scrambling backwards to put more distance between them and throwing out a hand to emit a shield of tutaminis around her.

What the heck just happened!?

TAGS: @Kaleesh-Cyborg

The Vanguard and Kaleesh-Cyborg like this.
  17. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    A character like Grievance often has roots that run deeper than one may expect. Outwardly, he seems cold, distant, ill-tempered, and aggressive when provoked. Giving him half a chance at being more than just a mindless droid or a beast reveals personality, intelligence, curiosity, and the strategizing mind of one who can fight with his brain as much as he can his body. However, very few--if anyone at all--know of the suffering he has endured or the sorrow and rage that stems from it. If anyone knew, it would stand to reason why he is able to exhibit such terrifying power--even as one untrained--when he touches on the Force.

As it stands, Reiis isn't the only one freaked out by this unexpected phenomenon. Grievance himself is a chaotic mixture of reaction. The power of the Force has brought him to his knees and left him clutching his head in severe disorientation and the feeling itself has left him terrified. Panic, confusion, exhaustion, and the strangest sense of addiction all hit him like an internal storm. Lurching to his feet once again with more effort than it should take him, he staggers sideways and backs away as well, as though somehow this terrifying experience had emanated from Reiis rather than himself.

"What in the name of--? How did--?" he growls in frustration as words with which to finish his question will not seem to form in his reeling mind, "What did you do to me?!"

Clearly he is confused into thinking Reiis had done something in the Force to insight panic and confusion on him. He isn't necessarily angry at the moment; it is more like he is trying to piece an equation together and understand the resulting phenomenon of all these things he is experiencing at once.

18. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

"What in the name of--? How did--? What did you do to me?!"

Reiis shot a glare towards Grievance. "What did I do to you? You've got to be kidding me! I'm the one that got thrown across the arena, and you're blaming me?"

But despite the fact that Grievance was in absolutely no position to attack her, Reiis remained in place with the shield around her. No way was the risking that. He was clearly more powerful than she realized. Someone had trained him, else he otherwise would have been unable to execute a blow like that.

"I should be asking you that question. What the hell did you do? You said you didn't use the Force," she spat out angrily. "Nice way to introduce your 'newfound' powers," she snapped, laying the sarcasm on heavily. "Who trained you?" The tone was more accusing now. The realization that Grievance had quite a capable hold of his Force powers both hurt and angered Reiis. She had trusted what he had told her, and she felt stupid for believing him and angry that he had lied. Now he was just rubbing it in by pretending she'd done something to him.

OOC: :D

19. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    OOC- Nice element of misunderstood conflict there. :D

IC- If Grievance was confused before, he is even more so now. Reiis is angry at him? For what? He had only done what she was instructing him to do. He backs away yet another step as he realizes that she had been flung quite a distance. He hadn't laid a claw on her! How was that even possible? The confusion only becomes deeper when she demands to know who had trained him.

"What do you mean, who trained me?" he replies incredulously, "I have had no formal training apart from what has come from my culture. My lightsaber skills are self-taught. I have had no training in the Force because I hate it! How many times must I tell you?! I have no idea what just happened here! You are the one trained in the ways of the Force! You tell me!"

20. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis scowled at him "You know what I'm talking about." Again, accusatory, but not without a little confusion. It was fleeting. "No mere neophyte to the Force could have done what you just did." Reiis stood up, letting the barrier down while she brought the sabers back to her hands. She grabbed her own, and sent the other four towards Grievance. "Apparently, you don't need any help with the Force," she snapped bitterly. "We can fight as we originally had."

Reiis noted in her mind that she'd have to be much more careful with this one.

OOC: Thanks :)

21. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    For his part, Grievance is just plain confused. What power is she talking about? However, his confusion gives way to anger as she remains insistent that he has been trained in the Force. In not believing him, she is essentially calling him a liar, which is a blow to his honor. True, he has been deceptive in his actions in the past as a means of survival, but he has no need for false words and so he avoids using them in favor of being brutally honest.

"Of course, I do not need help with the Force," he snarls, "I do not need the Force, period. You were the one insisting I should learn to use it, so I relent--which was exceedingly difficult for me to do--and now you are angry with me because...I don't even know why?"

He curses in Kaleesh, infuriated by his own confusion over this whole ordeal. Then it dawns on him that she still doesn't believe he has been devoid of training and his anger increases to a point where his tactical mind goes to work on a way to prove her wrong and that he is telling the truth. He takes his lightsabers as she sends them to him, but he does not ignite them. Instead, he attaches them to his hip armor and throws off his cloak.

"I will prove to you the error of your thoughts, Reiis Invadator," his voice rumbles with stubborn conviction, "Use the Force and do your worst. If what you say is true, then I will use the Force to defend myself. If not, then it will be up to you to cease your assault when you are convinced that I am telling the truth."

Let it never be said that the Kaleesh cyborg is a coward. He knows full well what the Force could potentially do to him and he knows for certain that he is defenseless against it apart from dodging it or moving out of range. It could cause permanent damage or worse, but Grievance Vexx will do just about anything to defend and maintain his honor.

22. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis observes Grievance bitterly as he continues to deny her accusations and -- instead of igniting his sabers -- chooses to allow Reiis to test her thoughts. It seems straightforward enough, but there's a problem with it.

Assuming Grievance is lying and he can use the Force, he might be bluffing. Reiis doesn't suspect he's the type to do that, so it seems he actually wants her to go through with it. On the other hand, if he is as powerful as he seems, he might be able to block the Force. But perhaps not....

Assuming Grievance is telling the truth...well....Reiis might just accidentally kill a friend and an ally.

"No," she responded. "If I accidentally kill you, I have higher powers to answer to, and I most certainly don't need more of that. I will eventually learn if you are telling the truth."

She left it at that. There was little more to say at this point. Adopting a defensive stance with her darksaber in hand, she readied for an attack.

23. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Surprised that Reiis turns down an opportunity to blast him all to hell with the Force, Grievance knows she still is not buying his claim. It truly bothers him to know she is thinking him to be a liar and such a belief demands an explanation, especially since he doesn't understand the impression he has given her. He has no idea what determines the measure of one's power in the Force and power means nothing if one does not know how to use it.

"Do you not trust yourself to know when enough has been done?" he asks, his tone neutral; neither aggressive nor friendly, but neither is it condescending. It is only a question. "You have given me the impression that you know very well what you are doing--at least where the Force is concerned. If you fear that I will somehow absorb your power and fling it back at you as I have witnessed other Force-wielders do, rest assured, I do not know how to do such a thing."

He pauses for a moment, still unarmed and neutral in stance. He appears to be turning something over in his mind for a while, as though trying to answer another question on his own without actually voicing it. Coming up empty, he turns his eyes back to his suspicious ally.

"Why do you think I have been trained in the ways of the Force?" he asks, his eyes alone betraying the fact that he is genuinely clueless and almost begging for this to be explained, "You hold fast to this thought despite my solid denial that it is true. What reason have I given you to believe otherwise?"

24. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

"Do you not trust yourself to know when enough has been done?"

Reiis thought about his question for a moment, listening to his assurances that he knows nothing of the Force before answering. She stood straight again, clipping her darksaber in it's place and hooking her thumbs on her belt. "It's not so much that I don't trust myself. More of...how can I tell if you're just enduring long enough for me to stop instead of using the Force to stop me versus you actually can't defend yourself? And then what if I try to out-wait you? I could kill you." She paused, watching his eyes carefully as he continues: he looks confused, and Reiis is starting to believe him.

"Grievance, no untrained wielder could have thrown me that far. I went from there..." She pointed to the ground directly in front of Grievance, the tone of her voice suggesting that she is now trying to convince him to believe her. "To all the way over there." Reiis pointed to a spot a long distance away. "No normal apprentice couldn't do that, especially not someone trying it for the first time. It just doesn't work that way."

edit: I changed could to couldn't. Oops. Sorry.

25. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    As Reiis deflates his idea with everything that could possibly go wrong, right down to the part where this whole thing could end with his death, one can almost see the intimidating cyborg's frame slump in defeat. He can't very well prove her wrong if he is dead. He growls in aggravation and starts pacing again until Reiis addresses his question. Truly seeking an answer, Grievance turns his full attention to her at this time.

"Wait. You are seriously saying that I did that?" he asks, clearly shocked now, "You had nothing to do with it? You are saying it was my power that threw you like that? You didn't do it yourself to make it look like it came from me?"

Clearly he thinks that Reiis was the one bluffing; that she had tried to trick him into thinking he was powerful. Now he is coming to the understanding that she had nothing to do with it...and Grievance really doesn't know what to think about that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.