main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference RPF Opinion Poll: Where Should The Social Threads Go? POLL CLOSED, see last post for outcome

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by DarthXan318, Aug 1, 2010.

?

RPF Opinion Poll: Where Should The Social Threads Go?

Poll closed Aug 6, 2010.
  1. I like them as they are now, in the RPR.

34.4%
  2. Go back to having a social thread in each forum, but retain the OOC and IC social threads in the RPR

46.9%
  3. Put everything back!

15.6%
  4. Other (please specify)

3.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Voted for putting everything back.

OOCs don't need their own social threads, and I have little faith in the idea of Milliways. If LSA couldn't pull it off with the Tragelburry, I don't think there is a demand for it. And after all, why not just make it a real game and run it in NSWRPF?

Was having Jocasta Nu's as a slow-moving social thread such a bad thing? Was that really so bad so as to merit such an overhaul? There are worse things in the world than a lagging social thread. The old system was working fine.

-I_H

2. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    I voted for putting everything back as well.

I never understood how games can have their own OOC threads and then there be an OOC thread where people can go to with all of their OOC needs. It makes no sense. Maybe I just don't understand it, but I haven't had an overwhelming need to converse about a game and all the things that went on inside of it since Xavier's, and even then, most of it went on through PMs.[face_cowboy]

-b

3. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Alrighty then ... it looks like everyone who wanted to vote has done so, and everyone who wanted to express an opinion has done so too.

Peng and I have discussed things, and we're going to go with Option 2:

• Hoopers will be moved back to the RPF
    • The Return of the Social Thread at the End of the Galaxy in the NSWRPF will be reopened
    • Jocasta Nu's will stay as it is, in the RPR as our OOC thread
    • Milliways will remain as it is, in the RPR as our IC social thread

This is a minor change from what we said we'd do - it's 4 threads instead of 5. This is because, as someone noted upthread, 5 social threads is really a bit much. We're concerned about one or more social threads falling into disuse, particularly Jocasta Nu's, which never had much traffic to begin with. We think letting it remain as our general OOC thread will help keep it active and tripping.

Naturally, this means all OOC discussion should go to Jocasta's and not in Hoopers or TROTSTATEOTG. We'll be taking a common-sense approach to this however, and we ask you to do the same - one or two posts in, say, TROTSTATEOTG saying "SoNL2 is awesome!" is perfectly fine, and will not be censured by anyone. Ten long posts dissecting the game and its subtleties should go in Jocasta's.

Similarly, bits of general socializing will be allowed in Jocasta's as they crop up in conversation, so long as it doesn't take over the thread. Common sense, and all that. :D

These changes should go into effect shortly. As this poll has run its course, we're closing the thread, so if anyone has comments/questions/complaints/rotten e-fruit, please send 'em to Peng or I via PM.

Thanks!

-Xany and Peng

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.