1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

MOD RPF Rules

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Protege-of-Thrawn, May 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Official rules for Role-Playing

These are the modified and updated rules originally submitted by DarthAttorney at the dawn of this forum. Kudos to him for providing the basis from which these Rules were written.

1) All normal rules of the JC apply: no flaming, no trolling, no spamming, no spoilers, no innapropriate sexual content etc. For the record, the current policy on sexual content prohibits i)homosexual allusions, inneundo or explicit scenes, ii)heterosexual scenes of an explicit nature. iii)anything that doesn't fit into either of the above can be safely assumed as prohibited. Recruitment for off-site games is also prohibited. Any occurances of such behaviour (in or out of character) will be dealt with by a mod. For any questions regarding JC rules, it is important to be familar with the JC Forums Rules and Terms of Service, Allowable Content, and if issues are still not resolved, users are advised to send a PM to the forum moderators, @Penguinator, @Ramza or any other available Mod for clarification. Users may also choose to report a post with an unambiguous rule violation - i.e. solicitations, unacceptable language, explicit images, etc.

2) All thread authors are considered to be the initial Games Masters of their scenarios. They should make sure to include, at a minimum, a story, rules, and character sheet in the first post or first few posts of the thread. They set the scene, guide players during it, and make decisions as to the outcome of the game. These authors may relenquish their right to the thread and game therein if they i)appoint another person the GM of their RPG/thread, ii)are away for an extended period in which a new GM is appointed by group consensus and sanctioned by the forum Mod.

3) Moderators are cautioned that if they wish to partake in an RPG, they do so as a normal user and are not to overstep their jurisdiction, nor use their powers and/or privelege to cheat, modify the RPG or unfairly disclose the identity of anonymous users under alias/socks etc.

4) All Role Playing in keeping with the Star Wars Universe (EU inc.) is freely allowed, and may be created and posted in a thread at the discretion of the author. No authorisation is required. Crossover games are also freely allowed.

5) All Role Playing incorporating exclusively elements other than Star Wars, is allowed, but may not use the Star Wars prefix tag. With specific regards to non-Star Wars games, players are not limited by canon, only their imagination. In the interests of fairness, pre-existing characters may be used, but players are encouraged to use one character class or type per scenario. (eg: A gamer who uses Hercules might refrain from using Xena, and a person using King Arthur might not use someone like Aragorn, just as a player that uses Merlin might want to hesitate before adopting Belgarath or Gandalf.) This rule is meant to ensure all users are given a chance to Role Play as their favourite "core characters"; and no select group manages to create a monopoly on gameplay here, thus stifling growth and overall creativity and enjoyment.

6) Players are restricted to using one user-name/account per game, unless given explicit permission from the GM. The second account must be publicly disclosed as a user's sock, though no specific names need be named. This is to serve the purpose of accurately reflecting the proper amount of people writing for a specific game.

7) Each RPG is allowed one thread for the purpose of gameplay. Additional threads are awarded only by Moderator authorisation, on the basis of need in the cases of High Traffic RPGs. If you believe your RP has achieved such a criteria, PM the RPF moderators, @Penguinator and/or @Ramza

8) Everyone has a right to launch their games uninterrupted by comments from players not within their games. All players in the RPF are advised to state within their games whether Out-Of-Game (OOG) comments are or are not allowed. For players not specifying a preference, it will be assumed that their silence is consent unless or until informed otherwise. Punishment for violating a restriction on OOGs will be a warning, followed by a ban on a subsequent offense, to be doubled with each offense per standard policy. Those GMs which wish to prohibit in-thread OOG discussion are encouraged to start discussion threads for their games in the RPR.

9) Please Note: The above Rules are Forum specific, and will all be moderated in the RPF as would the normal TOS elsewhere. Infringements will be treated as any other infringement, and may lead to bannings if not adhered to.

Also, the above rules are all subject to modification or expansion without notice, so be sure to keep an eye out for updates.

Thank you, and I hope everyone enjoys. :)

If there is any drama, please feel free to PM either moderator. Keep a watch in this thread for updates, as Forum Announcements will as per usual, be posted here, and edited into this first post where applicable.

Regards,

Kane, RPF Manager (Ret.)

NaboosPrincess (Ret.)

Saintheart (Ret.)

Imperial_Hammer (Ret.)

DarthXan318 (Ret.)

and

Penguinator
    Ramza
    Last edited by Ramza, Jun 8, 2014
  2. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
    Reads with hopeful look

So we get to have non-SW RPGs in here now but must have your approval first?
  3. bowieslefteye Force Ghost

star 4
    very nice very nice.......this isnt a joke right like the last set of "RULES" we had?
  4. Yomin_Carr Force Ghost

star 4
    Perfect, PoT. I was worried about being flooded by non-SW RPGs, but your system of approval will greatly limit that. :)
  5. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Also, as an aside, the RPF Community Centre is soon going to reopen the "RPF Awards" concept. It is advised you all try and get along to vote, as titles will be awarded to the winners of each month. The first round will end on June the 1st.

You hear that members of my RPG? Lets get motivated and get out there and allow all to hear our RP 8-}
  6. DarthSeti5 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    01/05/03? What is this, bloody Australia? :p

I do say, it's about time we've had a reform in here. And this one is as good as it gets. No relation to the movie.

~ DS5

EDIT: On a semi-serious note: would GMs in WOTG be able to open their own individual games or are they too subject to the "one thread rule? ?[face_plain]
  7. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    01/05/03? What is this, bloody Australia? 8-}

Yeah, didn't you know that? 8-}
  8. -Lord-Vader- Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Great update Pot Head. :D

So we can create crossovers as long as you say its ok?

vader
  9. Quickstrike34 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Reads over the reform

Truely awsome, I cannot express how happy I am to see Non-SW RPG's returning to the JCF, and I must say I beleive that the RPF will be a much better home for them than the JCC ever was, or ever could have been.

Wonderful reform, POT. :D
  10. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Mitth

Reads with hopeful look

So we get to have non-SW RPGs in here now but must have your approval first?

Hit.Nail.Head. That's it exactly. ;)

Monkey_jedi

very nice very nice.......this isnt a joke right like the last set of "RULES" we had?

Nope, all one hundred percent true. Not April Fools day thankfully. :)

Yomin_Carr

Perfect, PoT. I was worried about being flooded by non-SW RPGs, but your system of approval will greatly limit that.

This is my hope. This is primarily a Star Wars board after all: hence it is important that everyone realises these non-SW RPGs are a privelege, not a right. If I deem the quality or content to be redundant or not good enough, I'm afraid your RP wont get through. Hopefully this will be the Ark to safe our forum from the possibility of flooding.

Stridarious

You hear that members of my RPG? Lets get motivated and get out there and allow all to hear our RP.

All RPF constituents are also kindly reminded of JC policy on advertising and SPAM, so please, no campaigning for votes nor vote buying/bribing. If I hear this is going on, the guilty part(y/ies) are banned, no first warning.

DarthSeti5

01/05/03? What is this, bloody Australia?
    No, if it were Australia it would of already been the 2nd by the time I posted this. We are THAT far ahead of all of you. :)

EDIT: On a semi-serious note: would GMs in WOTG be able to open their own individual games or are they too subject to the "one thread rule?

The rule in cases where more then one GM exists in an RPG, would only extend to the thread author.

-Lord-Vader-

Great update Pot Head.

So we can create crossovers as long as you say its ok?

Correct. Send me a PM outlining all the details I explained in the first post, and I'll approve or deny the RP concept.

I hope everyone is happy with the update, and again, if there are any concerns, feel free to send me a PM.
  11. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    All RPF constituents are also kindly reminded of JC policy on advertising and SPAM, so please, no campaigning for votes nor vote buying/bribing. If I hear this is going on, the guilty part(y/ies) are banned, no first warning.

[face_shocked] oops, I am soo sorry...it won't happen agian I promise.
  12. Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull Jedi Master

star 4
    *standing ovation(sp?)*

Excellent work fellow Aussie ;) We'll show these Northern Hemisphere blokes a thing or two :p

BTW You are doing a great job as a mod and I think we all should give you a clap and a pat on the back

Well done
  13. -Jaina- Jedi Knight

star 2
    Great reforms! I'm happy to see that non-SW RPGs are coming back!

So, typically, socks are created for characters in RPGs?

Speaking of April Fool's Day, :p I am easily fooled and was fooled by that particular thread. [face_blush] Next year, I am staying home, in my bedroom, offline, and off the phones. I will not be communicating with any person. Now, that thread wasn't what made me come to this decision...

Ahem. Sorry for that. [face_blush]

01/05/03--does that mean the rules stated here go into effect Monday?
  14. Yomin_Carr Force Ghost

star 4
    01=day

05=month

03=year

So assuming you meant this past Monday, then yes.
  15. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I for one agree with Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull, your a great mod Protege-Of-Thrawn , and you serve the people well. Keep up the great work, and great reform! :)
  16. Blue_10 Jedi Master

star 4
    :Walks in:

POT, Thank you so much for the Non-Star Wars RPGs!

:D

If I wasn't so afraid of Mods, I'd give you a big hug... :p
  17. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    If I wasn't so afraid of Mods, I'd give you a big hug...

You too, huh? 8-}
  18. LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus

star 4
    What's wrong? Afraid that he might hug you back? :p ;)

19. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    What's wrong? Afraid that he might hug you back?

Possibly... 8-}
  20. Lord_Riven Force Ghost

star 4
    So is there a ban on any sort of romance or flirting within the RPGs between characters??

And if so, if all players of RPG give permission for the allowance of this type of romance etc., can you give an exception?

With many thanks,

Lord Riven
  21. LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I think the rules are the same for those of the JC in general, and that is to keep things G rated. If you think it would be allowed in the films then it's most likely allowed in here too.

Might want to check with PoT first though ...

Actually it's in the first rule:

1) All normal rules of the JC apply: no flaming, no trolling, no spamming, no spoilers, no innapropriate sexual content etc. For the record, the current policy on sexual content prohibits i)homosexual allusions, inneundo or explicit scenes, ii)heterosexual scenes of an explicit nature. iii)anything that doesn't fit into either of the above can be safely assumed as prohibited. Any occurances of such behaviour (in or out of character) will be dealt with by a mod. For any questions regarding JC rules, it is important to be familar with the JC Forums Terms of Service, and if issues are still not resolved, users are advised to send a PM to the Forum Manager, Protege-of-Thrawn, or any other available Mod for clarification.
  22. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    So is there a ban on any sort of romance or flirting within the RPGs between characters??

And if so, if all players of RPG give permission for the allowance of this type of romance etc., can you give an exception?

I for one agree with the way LightSide_Apprentice explained it. Anything that would be in the movies should be fine, yet agian as he expressed I would have a talk with Protege-Of-Thrawn , before you go as to write these things down. :)
  23. Yun-Yuuzhan Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't think I've ever seen a post from you that doesn't mention or refer to PoT....
  24. -Lord-Vader- Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Indeed, he never does post something with at least a mention, or a markup code.
  25. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Indeed, he never does post something with at least a mention, or a markup code.

Mark-Up codes are fun, and there are times when Protege-Of-Thrawn is not mentioned in my posts 8-}
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.