main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPG books with Short Stories

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth_Kevin, Mar 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Are there any printed RPG books (other than Adv. Journal & Gamer) that contain Star Wars short stories?

Apparently the unpublished WEG X-Wing Rogue Squadron Sourcebook was supposed to have a Stackpole short story. This peaked my curiousity to see if any others that actually made it to print DID have short stories.

2. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    There are various news articles and such in the Dark Empire sourcebooks that I guess could be called short stories. Some of the entries could also be considered as such. But I'm talking really short. Maybe a minute or two to read.

3. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Darkstryder campaign had a zahn short story. I think that endgame has a short story by another author as well.

TOTJ companion has short sorta-stories, but are more like a bio with a bit of prose.

4. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    Does anyone else have anything to add?

Any help is appreciated.

5. KamSolusar

KamSolusar Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    I think most of the RPGSourcebooks had some short stories. But not as long as the stories in the Adventure Journal. Like Guri trying to kill the man who build her (SotE Sourcebook), Thrawns Return from the Unknown Regions (Heir to the Empire Sourcebook)...

Kam

6. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    How long were the examples you give?

7. Ana Vitorrian

Ana Vitorrian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 1999
    This is a little off point, but the Star Wars Galaxy Magazine (licensee = Topps) had regular contributions from WEG in the form of vignettes, (a 2-3 pages "story"), including vignettes on characters like Lumiya, Corwin Shelvay and High Inquisitor Tremayne - as well as others in settings like the Corporate Sector Authority, Tatooine OR time periods like Empire Strikes Back, Shadows of the Empire (On Bothawui or Kothlis?), etc.

Then again, there are lots of wonderful vignettes all over the place with WEG products, especially with any Sourcebook or Galaxy Guide - as well as pretty much anything else.

8. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Mist Encounter and Command Decision are Thrawn short stpries.

9. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    I've heard tell that The Truce at Bakura Sourcebook had some fictional vignettes or snippets.

Is it more likely that most RPG sourcbooks have short stories?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.